Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the US is lacking a lot in the way of logic with regards to various crimes, specifically sex crimes and giving them multiple chances. However, one area we got it spot on , is RSO and making all of that public at all times for any one in the area to see who their neighbor really is. I think I have asked on another thread and got the answer that AUS does not have an RSO program that is public. Is that correct?

Sadly..... yes, that's right.

We do have the privately run MAKO site, which is great,

http://www.mako.org.au/home.html

... but I wish we had a proper RSO system.

Mid North Coast Police remain committed to solving William Tyrell's mysterious disappearance

Posted yesterday at 11:11am

Acting Local Area Commander Alan Joyce said a Strike Force has been established and the investigation has not let-up.

"It is frustrating that there is not a lot of physical evidence or even witness evidence to go on," he said.

"However we're not backing away from the task at hand and we are sifting through every bit of information that we possibly can to help find him.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...to-solving-william-tyre/5771326?&section=news

its been over two weeks now and police still havent issued any warnings alerting people of a possible child abductor in the area?

I feel like the US is lacking a lot in the way of logic with regards to various crimes, specifically sex crimes and giving them multiple chances. However, one area we got it spot on , is RSO and making all of that public at all times for any one in the area to see who their neighbor really is. I think I have asked on another thread and got the answer that AUS does not have an RSO program that is public. Is that correct?
Do you all who have followed closely find an RSO involvement is more likely or possibly a little lost boy in the wild at this point? TIA

There are sex offender registries here but they're not open to the public. As mentioned by Ausgirl, we only have the MAKO site but currently there's a big push on in a few of our states to adopt a public sex offender registry.

West Australia is trialling a form of a register but it's only open to people who live in the areas where offenders are located.

There's a big push on for it in Queensland with one of our radio announcers leading that push. Some think it's a positive step but others such as Hetty Johnston, from the child protection group Bravehearts think the opposite.

Public sex offenders register: Derryn Hinch meets Queensland Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie

Updated 29 Jul 2014, 4:06pmTue 29 Jul 2014, 4:06pm

High-profile broadcaster Derryn Hinch has met with Queensland's Attorney-General Jarrod Bleijie to persuade him to adopt a public sex offenders register.

Mr Hinch has a petition signed by more than 150,000 people supporting the move.

He said the current system was failing the community.

"All states have some form of register but they're not working," he said

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-...ster-hinch-meets-qld-attorney-general/5631358

20 Mar 2014

Wanted child-sex offenders now named on SA police website

The web page has photos and information about registered child-sex offenders who either have failed to report to police or have given false information to authorities.

Attorney-General John Rau says it is an offence for the media or others to publish the photos and other details, but people can be directed to the police website to view them

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-...enders-now-named-on-sa-police-website/5333270

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...fenders-registry/story-fni6uo1m-1226860084227

I felt for sure he'd be back by the weekend :(

no one has mentioned marinas.....could he be on a sailboat??

I'm really starting to get a bad vibe about how this is going to turn out. It appears that the police are genuinely baffled, which makes me more inclined to believe it was an opportunistic abduction if indeed it was an abduction. All so strange anf dodgy...one day they arrive at Kendall and then the very next morning little WT is gone. Also, is it a coincidence that he disappears the same time dad is out running an errand?

I'm really starting to get a bad vibe about how this is going to turn out. It appears that the police are genuinely baffled, which makes me more inclined to believe it was an opportunistic abduction if indeed it was an abduction. All so strange anf dodgy...one day they arrive at Kendall and then the very next morning little WT is gone. Also, is it a coincidence that he disappears the same time dad is out running an errand?

It all sounds so strange. <modsnip>

Could it be possible that the child has been taken out of the Country? (Australia)
I'm not even sure why I ask the question, I don't know anything of Williams background to suggest any connection to anything overseas - let alone the complications of taking a child out of the country - but with no sighting or new leads, I wonder if this has also been an aspect of the case that has been looked into.
Just thinking aloud...

no one has mentioned marinas.....could he be on a sailboat??

Its a good thought for a line of inquiry.
I think they did that with Eeva Dorendahl-Hutchings case when she wasn't located quickly.

Latest article (unless somneone beat me while I typed for too long)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-without-a-trace/story-fni0cx12-1227072478602

Re the foster care stuff, I'm really not sure we have any basis for thinking he's in foster care. I'm never sure of TOS with this sort of thing, but so far the foster care stories I've seen elsewhere seem to be based on fb posts where people saw mention of FaCS & the statement that "the family has a complicated legal history" & assumed it had to be foster care.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>. But according to their words & actions (see article above too), police, searchers & locals - the ones in the know, are not behaving like people who think they're dealing with a family abduction.

ETA please don't think I'm criticising anyone, it's hard to put into words but it worries me because while it's comforting for us to think he's with someone who cares about him, I can't help but think how his family, police, searchers & that whole town feel if they know he's their own baby & they haven't even got the luxury of grabbing hold of that tiny little hope.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-without-a-trace/story-fni0cx12-1227072478602

Re the foster care stuff, I'm really not sure we have any basis for thinking he's in foster care. I'm never sure of TOS with this sort of thing, but so far the foster care stories I've seen elsewhere seem to be based on fb posts where people saw mention of FaCS & the statement that "the family has a complicated legal history" & assumed it had to be foster care.

<modsnip>

<modsnip> But according to their words & actions (see article above too), police, searchers & locals - the ones in the know, are not behaving like people who think they're dealing with a family abduction.

ETA please don't think I'm criticising anyone, it's hard to put into words but it worries me because while it's comforting for us to think he's with someone who cares about him, I can't help but think how his family, police, searchers & that whole town feel if they know he's their own baby & they haven't even got the luxury of grabbing hold of that tiny little hope.

So do you think the most probable scenario is stranger abduction and/or murder at this stage? There has been no ransom note or call that we know of?

Ransome notes are more common in the movies I would say !

<modsnip>

<modsnip> But according to their words & actions (see article above too), police, searchers & locals - the ones in the know, are not behaving like people who think they're dealing with a family abduction.

The talk about FC came about a long time before the FaCs article was posted. The statement wasnt "the family has a complicated legal history", MSM stated;

William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named. It has made aspects of this story difficult to report.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx