Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my play with street view and measuring distances, an abductor could have been out of the street in under 2 minutes and likely visible for less than half of that.

We don't need to know about the family. I'd love to know as much as anyone else but it's not going to help him at all for strangers to know. And it may hurt him when he's back and his life resumes as normal.

I think we will certainly hear when he is returned but the details will be very scant.

I'm hoping that whomever has him decides to get him back before the weekend. It's long enough, he needs to be home.

From my play with street view and measuring distances, an abductor could have been out of the street in under 2 minutes and likely visible for less than half of that.

We don't need to know about the family. I'd love to know as much as anyone else but it's not going to help him at all for strangers to know. And it may hurt him when he's back and his life resumes as normal.

I think we will certainly hear when he is returned but the details will be very scant.

I'm hoping that whomever has him decides to get him back before the weekend. It's long enough, he needs to be home.

Yes they are wanting to stay quiet for a reason and yes sadly it does happen and it's often quiet but I think it's such a hit as it doesn't happen too often in Australia . The media report of the 4 year old nearly taken from his lawn and then another 4 year nearly taken from an oval is very unnerving

And completely agree it could hurt william and or his family to expose them

A lot of past tense in this statement.

To the Police: As well as William loving all things Fire Engines and Fire Fighters he was also enamoured by the Police and he would have been beside himself to see the amount of Police Cars and Police officers at Nana’s house. And also, like all little boys, he would have been asking you about your guns!

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/2575857/william-tyrell-family-statement/

I noticed the past tense with Nicole speaking to the cameras too

It was rather disconcerting - but I put it down to nerves and a misspeak in front of the media

Any linguistic analysts here ?

Edit to add - the man is Nicole's husband.

Is it possible they got the five min timeframe wrong ?

I can't help but feel the same . I just watched the ACA report and my husband said the same thing......just my thoughts, but it is possible. Also as was mentioned just before, time distorts when you're in panic ....

Who has made pleas on social media?
The only plea was made via the police. It might be being passed around on social media, but it came via the NSW Police Force Media Unit.

Don't forget there is not just William; there is also his sister. Whatever prevents his family from being named may be to protect her. I think that should be remembered.

It wouldn't have been necessary for grandma to fall asleep in order to not see or hear William being taken. She was at the other end of the house, looking in the opposite direction. WT's mum and sister were hovering around, perhaps talking (i.e. generating their own 'noise'), preoccupied, whatever. The kitchen windows look out onto the last little dead end bit of Beneroon Drive, NOT the stretch of the drive that anyone would have gone along to get out of the estate.

I thought the same after watching the ACA and going over street view again. I can see how it could be totally possible. I am surprised at how the visibility is no where near as good as first reported......(IMO) and if you add a longer missing time , then abduction seems less unbelievable. As awful as that is, it's not such a stretch anymore to imagine an unseen car etc....

Because it's a legal restriction. The legal circumstances require them to not be named.
As I said above, remember William has a sister and it could be just as much to protect her, as anyone else.

Sorry Minty, but as we're not allowed to talk about FB there's nothing I can really say about the situation in that regard.

Folks lay off the family and don't be casting aspersions on them....that is NOT allowed.

There are no suspects or persons of interest mentioned by police.

Websleuths is a victim and family friendly forum.

I think I'm going to take some time out from this thread. There seems to be absolutely nothing new,
<modsnip>

Jmo, of course.

I don't mean to infer any family involvement at all...sorry if it came across that way. I just meant that they may have made a very honest and understandable mistake in time...as a Mum , I know I probably would have, given the situation. I don't mean to cast any aspersions on any parent at all....

It wouldn't have been necessary for grandma to fall asleep in order to not see or hear William being taken. She was at the other end of the house, looking in the opposite direction. WT's mum and sister were hovering around, perhaps talking (i.e. generating their own 'noise'), preoccupied, whatever. The kitchen windows look out onto the last little dead end bit of Beneroon Drive, NOT the stretch of the drive that anyone would have gone along to get out of the estate.

I agree, and with a neighbour reportedly saying that he was mowing his lawn when he learnt of the disappearance, it's just another noise/distraction from a car driving off.

I feel so sorry for the family, I don't know what the dynamics are or whatever, I would be absolutely out of my mind if it was my child, I can't even imagine.
Let's just hope one of those pieces of information they have received gives a breakthrough in the case. I can't wait to hear little William has been found/returned, I'm trying to stay hopeful.

The media report of the 4 year old nearly taken from his lawn and then another 4 year nearly taken from an oval is very unnerving

These incidents targetting kids of that age group in the surrounding areas are really alarming.. and I am thinking, very possibly not co-incidental. Pedos are well known to exhibit this predatory behaviour, even follow families of children they find attractive and watch them for an opportunity. Heck, some walk right into the home and snatch the kids out of their beds. It's not a stretch to think one was trawling around for a child - and found one.

That's a great piece. I find myself doing the same, looking a little more closely at kids on the street, looking not just for William but other missing kids (like the Watter twins).

I see people still going back and forward about the family, and their absence from the media, and whilst it makes it harder to invest in the case without all the facts, the ultimate goal is finding William, whomever has him (if anyone does and he's not somehow lost in the bush, though after that massive search that's about as unlikely as possible now) and however they are or aren't known to his family.

That's what I think as well, Minty. There were so many reports of children approached in the same general region in different towns. I'm aware it's a fairly large geographical area but these towns are only a couple hours drive here, another couple hours drive there. The idea that because the fam had only been there a couple days and it wasn't urban it couldn't be a stranger abduction is not the case, imo. There is no reason why it's impossible that it wasn't just a case of wrong place, wrong time for WT - and right place, right time for a potential kidnapper.

No matter how hopeful I try to be, sometimes I find myself thinking about Gary Tweddle, and how sniffer dogs could not track him past the road that he was last seen on in the Blue Mountains. And how he was found weeks later, by accident, in a most unlikely place, a kilometer or so through dense bush from where he was last seen - despite massive air/land/dog searches, the biggest searches ever in the Blue Mountains. And Gary was an adult, who presumably would have left a greater scent trail.

Different set of circumstances, but to this day it is not clear if he wandered to where he was found or was put there ... and we are expecting an inquest later this year to try to reveal what happened.

I agree Lotus09. Apologies for the morbidness of this - A man went missing in our suburb several years ago. Despite police investigations and his family searching his body lay decomposing very near a busy bike / walking path and at a place popular for walking dogs for approx 5 Months before someone stumbled upon it. Very very sad to think he was there all that time and we had no idea :(
I certainly hope this hasn't happened to William and he is with someone he knows and being taken care of - even if he was taken illegally. The alternative is just too sad to think about :(

There was another case in the Blue Mountains, someone linked to it in the Gary Tweddle thread. The woman had been at the back of her house, in the bush, for the whole time.

That is a really good article, I was wondering if I was a little odd for feeling so much about this little boy, seems im not. So wants little William to come home.

That's a great piece. I find myself doing the same, looking a little more closely at kids on the street, looking not just for William but other missing kids (like the Watter twins).

I have looked on here for a thread on Isabella and Bronte Watter but havent found one, is there one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966