Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never underestimate how much police feed info to the media and quietly point them in the right direction, when they want extra pressure put onto certain people.
I also never underestimate how much info they squelch and keep out of the media.

I know this might sound a little off topic but has anyone seen the movie Spotlight? It's about paedophile priests and the lengths taken by the Catholic Church to cover them up.

It makes me think a lot about this case. We have a priest (albeit not a Catholic one) who has moved areas many times. In the movie the practice with paedophile priests was to move them from parish to parish. It's way too similar to one of our POIs...

I'm not making any connection between anything but the parallels interest me. If there is indeed a 'ring' who is protecting it? What's the U3A 'training' one of the POIs was running in Dunbogan?

This movie has changed the way I view churches and these issues and I can't help but think there could be some connection to these issues in this case.

does anyone know when bs court date is this month?

I hope this is OK to post and I admit to not being caught up on all the recent threads. I found out what DN was doing in Dunbogan:

Music we love and Beliefs 8 wks $16
we share
Class limit: 15
Commencing : Tuesday October 16
Time : 10.00 - 12.00 noon
Venue : Dunbogan Hall, Dunbogan
Convenor : Derek Nichols phone number removed
An exploratory journey (with discussion) into
why these two things are so important to the
vast majority of the human race.
Source: http://www.pmhu3a.org.au/pmhNewsletters/2012/Q4/V8N4.pdf

I would love to know what the 'beliefs we share' are...

My point was more to consider what the Dunbogan connection could be. I wonder how long he was conducting these 'sessions' and who was involved in them. U3A seems to work in terms so it seems that date was the next term date. He could well have conducted these sessions before these dates and after also. I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall at one of them.

My point was more to consider what the Dunbogan connection could be. I wonder how long he was conducting these 'sessions' and who was involved in them. U3A seems to work in terms so it seems that date was the next term date. He could well have conducted these sessions before these dates and after also. I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall at one of them.

I really doubt the classes involved anything out of the ordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this might sound a little off topic but has anyone seen the movie Spotlight? It's about paedophile priests and the lengths taken by the Catholic Church to cover them up.

It makes me think a lot about this case. We have a priest (albeit not a Catholic one) who has moved areas many times. In the movie the practice with paedophile priests was to move them from parish to parish. It's way too similar to one of our POIs...

I'm not making any connection between anything but the parallels interest me. If there is indeed a 'ring' who is protecting it? What's the U3A 'training' one of the POIs was running in Dunbogan?

This movie has changed the way I view churches and these issues and I can't help but think there could be some connection to these issues in this case.

You are probably on to something. In the royal commission into institutional child sex abuse, there were stories that came out in the news about church workers who were simply moved to other churches :(

The commission is still going, I think.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/

I agree - With that many pedos in the area and the talk of a pedo ring, in my opinion I think Williams older sister may have been the main target, with William being grabbed first to get him out of the way and then waiting for his sister to come running around the corner to find her brother and grab her. Only the fact that she went to the toilet and the delay probably saved her life. BBM
I have always suspected William's sister was the target.

Are there any events coming up to keep William's disappearance publicised?

There has been a lot of discussion about this in Jacob Wetterling's threads if you follow his tragic case.

That's probably true. I'm thinking of those awful cases where kids have been abducted and found as teens. Jaycee Dugard, Natascha Kampusch kidnapped and held hostage by deviants not all that far from where they disappeared.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6931353/Maddie-not-taken-far-says-Kate-McCann.html

She said she and husband Gerry have learned from their years of research that abducted children are generally not taken far.

She said: “It’s all only speculation, but we’ve learned that’s usually the case.”

I don't believe a word that comes out of Kate McCann's mouth and Madeleine's case has absolutely nothing to do with William Tyrrell.

That's probably true. I'm thinking of those awful cases where kids have been abducted and found as teens. Jaycee Dugard, Natascha Kampusch kidnapped and held hostage by deviants not all that far from where they disappeared.

Angeline, it would be wonderful to think that one day in years to come that we hear of a now fully grown William Tyrrell being found, having been very much loved and cared for since his disappearance. Sadly, I don't think that is going to happen.

The sooner a coronial inquest is held, the better for all concerned. This has gone on long enough! IMO the investigators on this case do believe that little William is deceased. The speculation is rife concerning the four persons of interest that we know of and there are many more that we haven't heard about. Trying to join the dots to connect these known POI's is maddening and a total waste of time IMO. Yes, they are the scum of the earth but they may well be totally innocent of any involvement in William's disappearance.

Let's hear all of the evidence at a coronial inquest. I'm sure that this will fling the doors wide open in this case. I just hope that the investigators into William's disappearance don't make his family and the public wait the obligatory seven years to declare him deceased before there is justice for little William.

You've lost me here AlwaysCurious77. Are you inferring that Derek Nichols was some kind of a priest? He certainly wasn't a priest in any way, shape or form. Or are you referring to the movie you watched when you way "We have a priest (albeit not a Catholic one) who has moved areas many times."?

Yes, I agree that many of these scumbags do hide behind their religion or pseudo religion to coax the innocent into their web but to class Derek Nichols as a priest in any way is just wrong.

Makara, I believe it was being discussed in social media that DN was a fallen/derobed man of the cloth (or wording of a similar nature), whether back in his days in Tasmania or the UK, wasnt made clear. It hasn't been mentioned in MSM but was mentioned by a couple of different people in SM who claimed to know of his past. While it does seem he has some involvement with church groups and lessons of a religious nature, I am unsure of the truth of any of the claims he was ever "robed". Perhaps alwayscurious read the same comments and was referring to those.

The heartbroken grandmother of missing NSW toddler William Tyrrell says she has given up hope of ever again seeing her grandson alive.

Natalie Collins, 56, told the Daily Telegraph that some in her family still pray for a miracle 18 months after the boy's disappearance but the grief of losing her grandson has left her suicidal.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-hope-of-seeing-him-again#xVzGVyMuA0gvUOV5.99

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...dmother-has-given-up-hope-of-seeing-him-again

"I wish he was alive, but I don't think he is," she said.

His grandmother had just started a new job in western Sydney but she was so distraught at the boy's disappearance she unable to hold the job.

"It has been hell," Ms Collins says.

"I had no job, I had no income. It’s been tough. With William gone I couldn’t even concentrate. I just kept crying and crying and crying about the whole thing."

She said she still wakes up at night and wonders what happened to William.

Another family member believes the child fell victim to a pedophile ring.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-hope-of-seeing-him-again#eACPEHWkWKBJMDtg.99
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-hope-of-seeing-him-again#GFDuv7Ow2hXyZSv5.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude