Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This brings us to c. Did WT manage to get out of grandma's garden and then get run over? Did the driver panic, load him in to the vehicle and drive off, to later dump him elsewhere? It's a long shot but could be the explanation.

SBM.

I kind of ruled that option out in my head because I figured the person wouldn't take the body with them if they accidentally hit William. Unless maybe they thought they could save him at first and then changed their mind?

It doesn't happen very often but I remember a case from a few years back here in the UK, where a drunk driver did this. He ploughed into a group of Travellers who were walking along a country lane. He collided with several of them and the toddler one of them was carrying ended up stuck in his windscreen. He drove off, stopped a while later and threw the poor baby over a hedge, then carried on home. :(

At one point the police searching for Genette Tate wondered if that was what happened to her, given that her bicycle was found at the side of the road.

Pretty sure it's really them. Obviously, can't identify face, so can't be 100% sure, but it doesn't not look like them. It's their approximate silhouette at least!

I guess the efficacy of getting a young child to lie convincingly for a long time would depend on how much the child knew, or saw, in the first place.

I definitely think it's possible that the foster mother was not keeping track of time. It was the first full day of a holiday in the bush at mum's place. It probably felt very safe. The uncertainty about what time it was exactly that the FM or FGM had eyes-on WT last means that at least for me, there is still a small chance that he simply did wander much further and much faster than was accounted for based on the idea that it was 5 minutes or less, and he then met misadventure somewhere along the way. There are so many stories of bodies found when earlier searches had passed unbelieabley close by but not seen. I put little stock in the fact the dogs didn't trace his scent. There are just as many cases where dogs, for whatever reason, couldn't trace scents or traced them wrong.

I found her incredibly calm during the 000 call. I'd be a wreck, and yes I can say that with certainty, because I always go into hysterics in emergencies! So it does make her a little hard to relate to. I can't deny that. It doesn't mean I think she's guilty of anything, but it doesn't make her very sympathatic to me. Something about the Where's William? campaign leaves me cold as well. Reminds me a lot of the McCann's.

The earliest that I guess anyone here can confirm is that she was using it within hours of WT's disappearance (unless anyone here knows her personally), because I remember her defending that photo of WT that was first used in the very earliest SM posts, when they were still assuming he was missing in the bush.

I was at home, bored, that day, and doing very little but refreshing FB. Hence why I was quickly able to access the FD's FB page and do some other relevant googling.

I too am reminded of the situation with Madelaine McCann. When I first came to follow this page I felt I was in the minority thinking that pedo abduction was not what happened. I received a number of time outs because of questioning the police elimination of family as suspects. Since then sleuthers feelings seem to have changed. Spedding and his ilk have not been mentioned in some time here. Caroline Overton's comment has convinced me that we are not hearing what the police really think what happened.

I too am reminded of the situation with Madelaine McCann. When I first came to follow this page I felt I was in the minority thinking that pedo abduction was not what happened. I received a number of time outs because of questioning the police elimination of family as suspects. Since then sleuthers feelings seem to have changed. Spedding and his ilk have not been mentioned in some time here. Caroline Overton's comment has convinced me that we are not hearing what the police really think what happened.

Spedding being involved doesn't really add up to me. Nothing really does tbh. Given how many cops are on this case, if it was as simple a situation as Spedding taking him in his van that morning for his own nefarious purposes, I really think they'd have made an arrest by now (or at least named him as a suspect, not just a POI). If Spedding is I think it's only that he knows something and isn't talking, or is peripheral.

Whoever it is that was involved in the disappearance, they've covered their tracks well.

Maybe not perfectly, but enough that the police must not be confident of getting a conviction in court.

I would LOVE to know who the other POIs are. I wonder if they're not named because they're family of some kind.

So FPD left to make a video conference call because Skype data is poor in the area. Very logical. How long after dad had gone had Will gone missing? Stalker?

I think Jubes would have questioned the sister about whether Wil was with them prior him missing. Very simple question for Williams sibling.. "Where was William when he went missing?" if she said not here... Apply that to a balcony fall too... The sibling wont hide that William fell, if he fell.

He also went to "run a script". I assume that's the chemist variety not a programming task.

He also went to "run a script". I assume that's the chemist variety not a programming task.

Dunno now that you mention it. Running scripts does sound like an IT type thing. My partner works in IT and he has to 'run scripts', and presumably if you were running it on something remotely you'd need a good broadband connection.

I'm not sure if I've seen this mentioned before, or maybe just not for a while, but I've wondered recently if it was targeted but it hadn't nothing to do with fostering. As in, the parents were targeted, it may have been completely unknown that the children were fostered.

I'm not sure if I've seen this mentioned before, or maybe just not for a while, but I've wondered recently if it was targeted but it hadn't nothing to do with fostering. As in, the parents were targeted, it may have been completely unknown that the children were fostered.

*had nothing to do

That's "in need of coffee" grammar. :)

I don't think so. I know it's been speculated that the parents were super rich (they're well off, certainly, but there are many much richer people out there) but they're not, that they're famous (they're not) or celebrities etc. The FD's linked in is still public. He's quite ordinary, and I mean that in a good way. I can't imagine they'd be the type to have enemies. They're just comfortably middle class northern beaches suburban types.
As for witness protection (I know you weren't saying that, but others have) - until WT went missing they were living life very normally and openly. Everything only got shut down and made private AFTER William went missing.

i totally agree with your comments and really hope we eventually find out the truth of what really happened to this beautiful little boy
just an overalll gut feeling from the start and then caroline os comment which has cast a lot of doubt on the "facts"we have been given

I don't think so. I know it's been speculated that the parents were super rich (they're well off, certainly, but there are many much richer people out there) but they're not, that they're famous (they're not) or celebrities etc. The FD's linked in is still public. He's quite ordinary, and I mean that in a good way. I can't imagine they'd be the type to have enemies. They're just comfortably middle class northern beaches suburban types.
As for witness protection (I know you weren't saying that, but others have) - until WT went missing they were living life very normally and openly. Everything only got shut down and made private AFTER William went missing.

I guess even ordinary people can have enemies though. And there are some occupations that do make a lot of enemies......

Yes, I don't think they were super rich, famous or celebrities, or in witness protection. And I'm not thinking of the FD.

I've always found this event intriguing.

Dunno now that you mention it. Running scripts does sound like an IT type thing. My partner works in IT and he has to 'run scripts', and presumably if you were running it on something remotely you'd need a good broadband connection.

Actually, maybe he said 'fill a script'. Can't remember. It was an audio interview I can't access right now.

Yes, I don't think they were super rich, famous or celebrities, or in witness protection. And I'm not thinking of the FD.

The FGM (and the FGD, when he was alive) were very community focused and did a lot of stuff locally. The local community newsletter names them several times; they must have been well known within that little sphere.

I guess even ordinary people can have enemies though. And there are some occupations that do make a lot of enemies......

Ordinary people can, yeah. I would assume though if it was that, that there would have been a ransom demand or other threats made known. Just my opinion.

ETA and I think it sucks that all this info about names has to be so secret squirrel. In any other case, this would have been published day one and a whole lot of speculation would have been avoided. It's the most basic of information and wouldn't in any way "protect" anybody. The only people who get something out of this is FACS or whatever the heck acronym they have these days.

Yes I agree. Some high powered people there.

It's not unreasonable to think that this was just some random horrible crime that could have happened to anyone regardless of their family situation. Of course it seems so much more complicated because of the family dynamics but there is s good chance that that is all irrelevant.

I personally am not as ready to turn away from the peddo ring scenario for a number of reasons. Lots of things niggle at me and most of them are the things that were brought up early on and have gone quiet.

For example the article in this link http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/60e517cfba665cfb3adc60b763b674d4 explains the current charges against BS and how the Victorian Police are currently investigating and “it is anticipated further charges will be brought ... in the foreseeable ­future”. That many of the alleged offences occurred in Victoria and involve further victims and implicate other adults involved.

The report of the caravan park/child crying that was discussed in these threads in the past and how the cabin was rented by a middle-aged Victorian couple with no children present...bugs me.

That blurry webcam-looking photo of William that has been discussed here but has disappeared from everywhere else... bugs me.

The links (seem unknown to us but obviously clear to police) to the other known peddos named in this case, the whole TJ, PB, DN thing and all of their dodgy stories and blatent lies. Not to mention the unnamed POI's and potential link they may have to these named ones... bugs me.

The items that were found in the bush search from the tipoff... animal bones, knife sheath, small footprints (listed in some of the articles which I know I read but can't find link for now sorry) plus the creepy drive by from BS... bugs me.

The spiderman toy in the van and child shirt found in BS drain (by the plumber called prior to police search) despite having not been proven to be linked to William... bugs me.

The non-result of searches done at the properties/cars etc and lack of discussion about it... bugs me.

Even the writing on the trees and the geo-caching link bugs me (it was dismissed by police as being linked to geo-caching but the word from those circles seems to be that the geo-cache site was there prior to Williams disappearance, obviously not the writing though).

There are plenty more things that bug me but think I will just stay within what has been mentioned in the media and not what I or others have gleaned through social media.

These things concern me much more than the lack of knowledge about the foster situation.

Of course I can't deny that there seems to be some shady areas with the bio family behaviour and their complicated history that is cause for a lifting of eyebrows also, but I still feel it would not have been as difficult as people seem to think to quickly snatch small 3 year old from a yard... massively risky yes, but not even close to impossible.

All of course my own opinions and thoughts.

I personally am not as ready to turn away from the peddo ring scenario for a number of reasons. Lots of things niggle at me and most of them are the things that were brought up early on and have gone quiet.

For example the article in this link http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...d/news-story/60e517cfba665cfb3adc60b763b674d4 explains the current charges against BS and how the Victorian Police are currently investigating and “it is anticipated further charges will be brought ... in the foreseeable *future”. That many of the alleged offences occurred in Victoria and involve further victims and implicate other adults involved.

The report of the caravan park/child crying that was discussed in these threads in the past and how the cabin was rented by a middle-aged Victorian couple with no children present...bugs me.

That blurry webcam-looking photo of William that has been discussed here but has disappeared from everywhere else... bugs me.

The links (seem unknown to us but obviously clear to police) to the other known peddos named in this case, the whole TJ, PB, DN thing and all of their dodgy stories and blatent lies. Not to mention the unnamed POI's and potential link they may have to these named ones... bugs me.

The items that were found in the bush search from the tipoff... animal bones, knife sheath, small footprints (listed in some of the articles which I know I read but can't find link for now sorry) plus the creepy drive by from BS... bugs me.

The spiderman toy in the van and child shirt found in BS drain (by the plumber called prior to police search) despite having not been proven to be linked to William... bugs me.

The non-result of searches done at the properties/cars etc and lack of discussion about it... bugs me.

Even the writing on the trees and the geo-caching link bugs me (it was dismissed by police as being linked to geo-caching but the word from those circles seems to be that the geo-cache site was there prior to Williams disappearance, obviously not the writing though).

There are plenty more things that bug me but think I will just stay within what has been mentioned in the media and not what I or others have gleaned through social media.

These things concern me much more than the lack of knowledge about the foster situation.

Of course I can't deny that there seems to be some shady areas with the bio family behaviour and their complicated history that is cause for a lifting of eyebrows also, but I still feel it would not have been as difficult as people seem to think to quickly snatch small 3 year old from a yard... massively risky yes, but not even close to impossible.

All of course my own opinions and thoughts.

Thanks for your thoughts Wozzie. I tend to agree. The secrecy side of things I feel is more to do with the big picture of the operation, the amount of people surrounding the case that have had arrests for historic cases is what bugs me too. There just seems to be too much in this regard to ignore. The history of these underground pedo rings, their capability to hide in communities throughout Aus and the world, we really don't even know just how big they really are. I have no interest in finding out about the "immediate" family at this stage as I think it is bigger than them. If it wasn't, there would've been information released and police would've made some headway by now that would've been made public in my view.
Just hope we get some news soon. I would still like to keep up with any future court appearances from the named POI.

Maybe some further info will come to light on Friday from BS's arraignment at Campbelltown Court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper