Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) I have felt like I have a tin foil hat on when looking at this case lately. I have only just started putting my thoughts out there so excuse me if I go over previous topics that have come up and/or ramble.
It isn't too hard to find on SM that there is quite a sizeable group of people actively trying to be heard in regards to FACS and children being removed and placed into foster care and how difficult it is to get their children back and calling for investigations and actions by the government. Interestingly there was multiple comments by the mother of the children in Bill Speddings care. Not sure if TOS allow links to these posts/pages or groups on SM. It seems to have been an unwell system for quite some time. Chronically underfunded and under-resourced and under-staffed. Talk amongst these groups about concerns about children in care possibly being put in greater risk given the history of child exploitation from the top in the past, for example priests, judges, etc etc and the case from SA Shannon McCoole.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/e67ac86daba46ba4ea96390a02648999

Possibility of investigations occurring at a totally different level in this case given the media focus on paedophile rings, grandparents groups etc?? The niggling feeling of coverups hasn't left me yet. And the lack of media focus on the gag orders, my perceived lack of urgency, the language used in media releases from the Where's William campaign seeming quite targeted. And also the total silence on the fact he was a child in care, overseen by government departments to assure his safety and that this has possibly failed. (or it is just a horrendous clashing of good vs evil, who knows)
Given the epidemic of family violence in Australia currently, it is horrifying to think of the number of children at risk. But it is something that should always be advocated to be improved in society and the systems responsible for caring for kids.
Just my 2 cents worth, MOO, not saying that this is the case for William but the coinciding arrests made and the amount of secrecy is just odd IMO.

Sorry, ParaK, I missed your reply to my post on William's 21st *sigh* thread. Terrible to think a little boy, who will be only 5 years of age this month and has been missing for almost 2 years, can seemingly disappear off the face of the earth. A lot more than the upcoming 'Where's William?' charity/organisation's cake stalls, or the plethora of Court Suppression Orders, are needed in response; that's for sure. IMO there is a failure in regard to William and, FaCS, OCG, the Minister and the agency who organised his foster placement are ultimately responsible; in varying degrees.

One person I don't blame is William's FM. It is so easy to lose track of a lively three year old boy; even if you are a 'helicopter parent'. They are so quick and can disappear from view at a moment's inattention. Likewise, his FGM. She was apparently busy with William's sister and that's enough to draw your full attention away from another child; if only momentarily. Also, miscommunication about who was watching who, and assumptions about who was where, can easily lead to a scenario such as that of William's disappearance.

I know of the groups on SM and I can't say I disagree with some of the negative comments about the foster system in NSW; especially now that 'child welfare' been 'contracted out' to NGOs and their related 'for profit' organisations. IMO it has been a sick, secretive system for a long time. Often the lack of transparency is explained away by the blanket statement, 'It's not in the best interest of the child to disclose x.', but I wonder if it's really in their best (political) interest to keep information hidden. IMO it does leave children at continued risk of exploitation as it has in the past. What happens behind closed doors? Only the people behind them know.

The recent arrests (due to, in no small part, to the work of Task Force Argos infiltrating 'The Love Zone'), the inclusion of the Victorian Sex Crimes Squad in Strike Force Rosann, and the Shannon McCoole-Families SA debacle, convicted child sex offenders' involvement in a kinship carer's group (and, I presume, kinship care itself), as well as the amount and speed of Court Suppression Orders being granted, along with MSM's 'radio silence' in relation to William's continued disappearance shocks me; quite frankly. Surely the majority of Australians haven't become so laissez-faire that a helpless child can go missing and be consigned to history without a second thought. All MOO.

Don't know if this could be important but post #210 on the Wynarka thread - made by a poster who has just declared that he/ she was the caller to Crimestoppers that led to the identification of Karllie & Khandalyce:

'Member of" Unfortunate circumstances" also a member of "gapa" IMO suitcase man......so in someway the search for paedophiles connected to gapa re w t. led to Khandalyce being moved and found , and identified....
IMO'

Don't know if this could be important but post #210 on the Wynarka thread - made by a poster who has just declared that he/ she was the caller to Crimestoppers that led to the identification of Karllie & Khandalyce:

'Member of" Unfortunate circumstances" also a member of "gapa" IMO suitcase man......so in someway the search for paedophiles connected to gapa re w t. led to Khandalyce being moved and found , and identified....
IMO'

Woah! What?

IMO'
Wow......

IMO'

My brain is spinning... What does that mean? Is it being implied that a certain POI could be the suitcase man related to the Wynarka murders? What does "unfortunate circumstances" mean... Is it a support group?

My brain is spinning... What does that mean? Is it being implied that a certain POI could be the suitcase man related to the Wynarka murders? What does "unfortunate circumstances" mean... Is it a support group?
There are two solid suspects in the Wynarka case. A new WS member has been trying to direct attention elsewhere. It is interesting from several points of view. I think nothing to do with William.

Thanks for sharing this. I still don't get it. It is great to bring awareness but I still fail to see how it is helping to "bring him home" by holding a car stall or a tea. I don't know. Tax deductible donations etc etc. I do get raising money but I haven't seen any money raised so far by this group helping in any way. Happy to be corrected on that, but I just feel uncomfortable with the whole thing. The 'celebrating' of his 5th birthday, the happy angle of the story, the bright colours and Happy Birthday!!! is just off for me.

Sorry, ParaK, I missed your reply to my post on William's 21st *sigh* thread. Terrible to think a little boy, who will be only 5 years of age this month and has been missing for almost 2 years, can seemingly disappear off the face of the earth. A lot more than the upcoming 'Where's William?' charity/organisation's cake stalls, or the plethora of Court Suppression Orders, are needed in response; that's for sure. IMO there is a failure in regard to William and, FaCS, OCG, the Minister and the agency who organised his foster placement are ultimately responsible; in varying degrees.

One person I don't blame is William's FM. It is so easy to lose track of a lively three year old boy; even if you are a 'helicopter parent'. They are so quick and can disappear from view at a moment's inattention. Likewise, his FGM. She was apparently busy with William's sister and that's enough to draw your full attention away from another child; if only momentarily. Also, miscommunication about who was watching who, and assumptions about who was where, can easily lead to a scenario such as that of William's disappearance.

I know of the groups on SM and I can't say I disagree with some of the negative comments about the foster system in NSW; especially now that 'child welfare' been 'contracted out' to NGOs and their related 'for profit' organisations. IMO it has been a sick, secretive system for a long time. Often the lack of transparency is explained away by the blanket statement, 'It's not in the best interest of the child to disclose x.', but I wonder if it's really in their best (political) interest to keep information hidden. IMO it does leave children at continued risk of exploitation as it has in the past. What happens behind closed doors? Only the people behind them know.

The recent arrests (due to, in no small part, to the work of Task Force Argos infiltrating 'The Love Zone'), the inclusion of the Victorian Sex Crimes Squad in Strike Force Rosann, and the Shannon McCoole-Families SA debacle, convicted child sex offenders' involvement in a kinship carer's group (and, I presume, kinship care itself), as well as the amount and speed of Court Suppression Orders being granted, along with MSM's 'radio silence' in relation to William's continued disappearance shocks me; quite frankly. Surely the majority of Australians haven't become so laissez-faire that a helpless child can go missing and be consigned to history without a second thought. All MOO.

Absolutely on the same page. I really want see the higher powers as it were speaking out. Someone in some department, in some governmental organisation should be speaking up for William. And if something has gone wrong, bloody admit it, put it out there and deal with it. I am over the lies, cover ups and secrecy. It isn't helping. It isn't helping anyone, past, present or future. Someone along the line has to do the right thing and speak up, so much silence it is deafening!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...uckle-jailed-for-malaysia-child-abuse/7483168

Just a link to a new article regarding Task Force Argos and QLD child protection detectives and the recent arrests. It really is massive beyond comprehension really how massive these pedo rings are. We just need lawmakers and the judicial system to make sure that those uncovered by the hard work of the police are given a punishment to fit the crime. Too often seeing repeat offenders out in the community like the POIs in this case. Known sex offenders in the community obviously haven't been monitored closely enough. Must be so disheartening for the investigators etc, after all the awful work they have had to do, seeing them get off only to reoffend.

Sorry, have I missed something? Why is September 7 relevant?

Probably came from Dan Box, the crime reporter for the Australian newspaper. Somebody asked him about the arraignment case yesterday.

Yes I dont think you do get it. It's not about these events actually bringing him home, it's about making sure people dont forget him. Keeping his face out there, putting some pressure on people that may have information. Why would not want to celebrate his birthday? To them, he is still alive, so they believe his is out there somewhere. If he comes home I suppose they want him to know they didnt forget him, his birthdays xmas etc. It's besides the point if it feels off to you,it's up to his parents to do what they think is best. How are the negative comments helping? What would you suggest they do?

Maybe I don't.... Apologies for coming across negatively or seeming like I don't want to help or that my comments aren't helping. You're right, it isn't anything to do with me, it is up to his parents to do what feels best for them. It isn't about not wanting to celebrate his birthday but more wanting to see him come home safe as the priority. It is so sad that his 5th birthday has come around and we still don't know anything. I want nothing more than to send love and support for William and hope with everything I have that he is safe and well.

Probably came from Dan Box, the crime reporter for the Australian newspaper. Somebody asked him about the arraignment case yesterday.

Nothing on his Twitter yet they just asked the person to email him & he would find out.

whats happening in court sept 7?
sorry ive missed something, has bs arraignment been rescheduled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans