Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to an interesting podcast yesterday. It's American, so some details would be different to Australian circumstances, but the general social science/social work theory that underpins child protective services is international, so I think it would be generally applicable. It was the "Half Hour Intern" podcast and the interview was with a parent defense attorney named Diana Rugh Johnson, a lawyer who represents parents whose children have been removed from their care. She also sometimes represents the child in these cases as well, so she sees both sides. She said a) foster care with someone who isn't a relative is always a last option and only because a suitable relative can not be found b) removing a child at all is only ever done when there is a real safety issue with the child staying at home and c) the intent is always to return the child to the family as soon as the parent/s have cleaned up their act. To not do so, and for foster care with strangers to be made permanent, is a rare thing. Foster care is considered the last resort. However, there are some occasions when a parent who is safe chooses to allow the child to be taken from their care permanently because they believe it is in the best interests of the child to do so.

I can see how FACS would see this as a major stuff-up and not want any information about the case getting out into the public. Children are not taken from their parents lightly and foster care is supposed to be safer.

Just thought it was interesting and gave me some things to ponder while there is so little by way of updates.

Link: http://www.halfhourintern.com/careers/parent-defense-attorney

I can see how FACS would see this as a major stuff-up and not want any information about the case getting out into the public. Children are not taken from their parents lightly and foster care is supposed to be safer.
(snipped)

I kind of disagree with that. Nobody who's alive is 100% safe. Neither the agency nor the foster parents should feel that they've 'stuffed up' because something terrible happened.

(snipped)

I kind of disagree with that. Nobody who's alive is 100% safe. Neither the agency nor the foster parents should feel that they've 'stuffed up' because something terrible happened.

I agree with you. But I think inside institutions there is often a desire to sweep mistakes and problems under the rug. (See: the Catholic Church and child abuse as Exhibit A)

Yeah just realised that. It just came up in facebook as a recent. So disappointing. Sorry everyone. :(

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nothing for so long. Someone suggested a few threads ago that we may never know the outcome because of the privacy laws. I can't see that happening but is it possible ?

Yeah just realised that. It just came up in facebook as a recent. So disappointing. Sorry everyone. :(

No need to apologise Meeka. It just shows that you're on the ball with any information, as we all are.

Don't worry, when I searched bill spedding with the search tool "last 24 hours" that came up too.

Nothing for so long. Someone suggested a few threads ago that we may never know the outcome because of the privacy laws. I can't see that happening but is it possible ?
Maybe? I doubt it though. I think there would be info if it got to the stage of putting someone on trial for it, they might just redact names and we'd have to fill in the blanks. Court lists and decisions are public info aren't they?

But I trust that if he was found, the Where's William website would *at least* stop selling merchandise. :/

so does anyone know what happened at bs arraignment? did it even happen? why is there no mention anywhere and what would be the reason? how could it be detrimental to him?
hes a main poi in this case and its very strange msm have seemingly stopped reporting on his every move as they were earlier??

Check court lists for Sept 7.

I don't have a link, I'm sorry.

so does anyone know what happened at bs arraignment? did it even happen? why is there no mention anywhere and what would be the reason? how could it be detrimental to him?
hes a main poi in this case and its very strange msm have seemingly stopped reporting on his every move as they were earlier??

Maybe they figure low interest in the story? idk
I guess the only thing that happens at an arraignment is that the charges against the accused are read and they enter their plea.
I'd like to know what he plead, but nothing more happens than that.
Can't find when or if there is going to be a trial either.

I tried searching on https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/ but there is no judgment there.
Here's the details of his arraignment https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw....tail/20150011963914398930Arraignment/spedding which lists the case number, judge etc

ETA is he going to be tried on sep 6 purpleandgreen?
So he plead not guilty?

IMO it's a court appearance. Not sure what type.

Maybe they figure low interest in the story? idk
I guess the only thing that happens at an arraignment is that the charges against the accused are read and they enter their plea.
I'd like to know what he plead, but nothing more happens than that.
Can't find when or if there is going to be a trial either.

I tried searching on https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/ but there is no judgment there.
Here's the details of his arraignment https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw....tail/20150011963914398930Arraignment/spedding which lists the case number, judge etc

ETA is he going to be tried on sep 6 purpleandgreen?
So he plead not guilty?

Must be, but my knowledge of that sort of thing is sadly lacking.
I'll bookmark the nsw court lists page and try to remember to keep my eye on it.

IIRC court lists are uploaded between 2-4 weeks before the accused's appearances. Maybe BS' case will be listed around the first week of August?

Also, could the reason MSM hasn't reported on his last appearance is because prosecution or defence may have asked for a continuance?

It's been so long since we've heard any news :(

Last time with the 60 Minutes segment and ACA it seemed like a tactic, rather than an update. I hope the police have the information they need to wrap this up.

It's been so long since we've heard any news :(

Last time with the 60 Minutes segment and ACA it seemed like a tactic, rather than an update. I hope the police have the information they need to wrap this up.

My great grandmother used to say 'No news is good news.' I hope that's true in William's case too, Angeline. I often hope that William has already been found and, because there is a continued risk to him, he and his FF have gone to ground. Then again, in that case, surely the 'Where's William?' organisation wouldn't be raising funds to continue the search for him.

I just hope that wherever you are, William, you are safe, warm, and loved. Dear little lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee