Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My great grandmother used to say 'No news is good news.' I hope that's true in William's case too, Angeline. I often hope that William has already been found and, because there is a continued risk to him, he and his FF have gone to ground. Then again, in that case, surely the 'Where's William?' organisation wouldn't be raising funds to continue the search for him.

I just hope that wherever you are, William, you are safe, warm, and loved. Dear little lad.

This is what I'm thinking.
While ever the Where's William website is being updated and taking money off people, I'm going to assume he's still missing - even if the media aren't saying anything.

Where's William Tyrrell? Bring Him Home - Official
So I was just browsing the fb page above and the earliest post is dated 25 June 2014 and is the verandah photo of William with the tag in Kendall NSW. 2nd post is dated 26th June 2014. Just curious if this is a fb glitch of some kind or happens when setting up a page with the wrong date or something? Not that tech savvy.... Just caught my eye thats all. :thinking:

I think it's an FB glitch as one of the other pages for William has posts dated before he was missing too.

I think it's an FB glitch as one of the other pages for William has posts dated before he was missing too.

It's not actually a glitch - on a "Page" you can backdate or schedule posts and even leave them as a draft.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FB Dates.JPG
    FB Dates.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 233
Ok, so was it backdated to that date for a reason?

Ok, so was it backdated to that date for a reason?

I really don't know - could just be an error being the first couple of posts on the page if someone inexperienced on FB was making the entries.

Did anyone see the recent post by the where's William fb page?
It describes how hard it has been for the family, "& with not an answer in sight"
I lost a bit of hope when I read that, I thought det Jubelin & team were silently on track with what had happened, but after reading that, it seems like no one has any idea what really happened to little William or who was involved.

Did anyone see the recent post by the where's William fb page?
It describes how hard it has been for the family, "& with not an answer in sight"
I lost a bit of hope when I read that, I thought det Jubelin & team were silently on track with what had happened, but after reading that, it seems like no one has any idea what really happened to little William or who was involved.

You can understand their despondency and grief. It's coming up to William's 5th birthday next weekend and the second 'anniversary' of his disappearance in September. Then Christmas and, next year is the year he will start school. So many milestones, one after the other, and all spent without William. Heartbreaking.

Here's the link Violet's talking about in her post:

https://m.facebook.com/whereswillia...832.1634180540151553/1771193369783602/?type=3

It's not actually a glitch - on a "Page" you can backdate or schedule posts and even leave them as a draft.

attachment.php

So just asking for clarity, is the post automatically dated at the time or is the date able to be added later?

Actually, the 1st 2 posts are dated the 24th June 2014 and 25th June 2014. If you place the cursor over those dates it gives you the day and time as well. The day for the 24th is given as Tuesday which was the correct day of the week for that date in 2014 and Wednesday for the 25th, which is also the correct day for the date. If you place the cursor over the clock symbol next to the date, it gives you what I assume is the time and date the information was posted. Which is approximately a year later. So what is the date on those 1st 2 posts a time and a stamp date for?.....

https://www.facebook.com/1634180540151553/posts/1642503209319286/

Actually, the 1st 2 posts are dated the 24th June 2014 and 25th June 2014. If you place the cursor over those dates it gives you the day and time as well. The day for the 24th is given as Tuesday which was the correct day of the week for that date in 2014 and Wednesday for the 25th, which is also the correct day for the date. If you place the cursor over the clock symbol next to the date, it gives you what I assume is the time and date the information was posted. Which is approximately a year later. So what is the date on those 1st 2 posts a time and a stamp date for?.....

Weird isn't it. Surely a mistake but it is misleading.

So just asking for clarity, is the post automatically dated at the time or is the date able to be added later?

If you choose to schedule - you enter the date you want the post to appear, but it will show what date you actually entered the post when you put your cursor over the little clock as you mentioned.

Same happens when you backdate, if you choose to save the draft, which I have never done - I imagine that you can do the same either when saving the draft or when you actually post it.

I have no idea why the date of 24th & 25th June 2014 were chosen - they don't have any significance from what I can tell. They're close to his birthday - and that's about it.

ETA - Are the dates really that important? - the dates entered were when the campaign commenced - the dates showing on the post were well before William vanished and are obviously an error.

If you choose to schedule - you enter the date you want the post to appear, but it will show what date you actually entered the post when you put your cursor over the little clock as you mentioned.

Same happens when you backdate, if you choose to save the draft, which I have never done - I imagine that you can do the same either when saving the draft or when you actually post it.

I have no idea why the date of 24th & 25th June 2014 were chosen - they don't have any significance from what I can tell. They're close to his birthday - and that's about it.

ETA - Are the dates really that important? - the dates entered were when the campaign commenced - the dates showing on the post were well before William vanished and are obviously an error.

I can understand writing the wrong year when preparing a post, mistakes happen all the time. I think the dates are important when looking at the source of where the dates come from. MOO

I can understand writing the wrong year when preparing a post, mistakes happen all the time. I think the dates are important when looking at the source of where the dates come from. MOO

Normally I would agree that the dates are important, in this case it looks like they just tried to backdate a couple of days and got the year wrong - I really don't think there is any significance in the dates except human error.

Let's just call the whole thing a co-inky-dink. I'm sure there's nothing sinister regarding the error and William did disappear on Friday, 12 September 2014; not before.

Well again it comes down to opinion when all I want is one expert who can tell us where that information comes from. I understand writing in a backdate and making a mistake but wonder why the FB program also ads the accurate weekday to the date written. Could someone who facebooks just try backdating a post with a photograph in it, incorrectly by the wrong year and see what information is automatically entered by FB? That would be so helpful to me. MOO

Let's just call the whole thing a co-inky-dink. I'm sure there's nothing sinister regarding the error and William did disappear on Friday, 12 September 2014; not before.

I feel it's possible he went missing that date , not so sure about when that photo was taken though.

Well again it comes down to opinion when all I want is one expert who can tell us where that information comes from. I understand writing in a backdate and making a mistake but wonder why the FB program also ads the accurate weekday to the date written. Could someone who facebooks just try backdating a post with a photograph in it, incorrectly by the wrong year and see what information is automatically entered by FB? That would be so helpful to me. MOO

You can only backdate if you have a 'Page' not the normal Facebook account/profile, not a Group - only a Page.

If you really need to know, you should ask the people that are running the campaign. http://www.whereswilliam.org/

You can only backdate if you have a 'Page' not the normal Facebook account/profile, not a Group - only a Page.

If you really need to know, you should ask the people that are running the campaign. http://www.whereswilliam.org/

OK, thanks for that info, but I would rather ask someone different who has a Page for obvious reasons. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member