Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What William and his family on Benaroon Drive that fateful day was a watchful 'curtain twitcher'.

I nearly always notice what's going on in my street, cars coming and going, etc, and what's happening around the neighbour's and after-school centre's children. Protective instinct; not nosiness. I couldn't give a toss about neighbourhood adults' gossip and drama; except if it's something that involves physical harm. Sadly, the old homily; 'It takes a village to raise a child.' seems less and less relevant.

I wonder if William his sister went to their Opa's funeral? Maybe a neighbour who paid 'special attention' to them then.

.... or if they were visiting Kendall when the neighbourhood Christmas party was on.

Judy Wilson, whose fence sits just 10m from where William was taken, heard him and his sister playing earlier that morning before she headed into town to run some errands.

When she returned, the street was in chaos.

“I wasn’t home and my husband wasn’t home. The only thing I was able to tell police was that I heard the children playing but didn’t see them … I just heard kids laughing and you could tell they were little children,” Mrs Wilson said.

“I don’t think it was an opportunistic grab from someone who just happened to be here *because we don’t get strangers wandering around.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/03fb14d003bfb73d3c193b5f6731f74c

Mrs Wilson said she heard the two children playing in the neighbouring yard before she left to run errands in the township about 90 minutes before William disappeared, just metre’s from her home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/46b94ee67cf7e7c2cb4ba6a276388da8

So, either she heard them, 90 minutes before WT went missing, and at some later point, say 10.28, she headed into town, but her husband wasn't there, yet he can give an accurate time of when she left?
Or she left at about 9 and her husband wasn't there either and he is mistaken about her going into town at the time she went, or that is the time that she told him and he is just repeating it?

So confusing isn't it! This article from the Sydney Morning Herald on 6 September 2015 might help? (or confuse even further..). See http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...-false-hope-12-months-on-20150903-gjenjz.html. "A Benaroon Drive resident said his wife drove out of the street, which William's grandmother no longer lives in, one minute before William disappeared.

It was 26 or 28 minutes to 11am, he remembered with minute detail.

"She never saw a car or noticed anything strange," he said.

The man spent the next day with a pool net in hand searching through a dam and waterholes, anxious about what he might find."

I took that couple to be someone other than the Wilsons. IMO only. Strange that they didn't see any cars or anything strange either at 10.32 or 10.34am ("one minute before William disappeared') if their timeline is accurate. Why remember such a precise time? Could just be a case of knowing they left straight after watching a certain TV program that finished at 10.30am or something. Only they can answer that. Their car must have been ruled out of the equation by the police. “The man spent the next day with a pool net in hand...". Possibly a house in the street with a pool? Wilsons' old residence No. 30 has a pool but if Mrs Wilson indeed left at 9am then it can't be them. A few either houses in the street also have pools if you look on Google Earth - 16, 27, any others? Not making any accusations whatsoever, just helps to get a picture of who was home, who left the street when, when poor little William’s abductor might have slipped through unnoticed in a car etc. I struggle to believe that white station wagon and dark grey sedan were ever parked in that spot in the street. Police strategy, perhaps? Who knows

Bo, I definitely wasn't thinking of your posts when I wrote that! In fact, I think you and I think very much alike and I find myself agreeing with almost everything you write :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, thank you, Shadow. Never mind disagreeing with me, it's all part of the 'scientific process'. Maybe I missed my calling when I applied for a BForBiol, rather than a BCrim. It's a little late for me to go back to Uni now though.

Just wondering, if BS trial had commenced today, would 7 have been able to allude to him in this news article tonight? Honestly, there are other POI's in the case but the MSM just bash him over the head again and again. I feel like I'm a witness to the worst form of harassment and can't stop it. MOO

The Dark Shadow, as a criminologist, what is your take on this case to date?

Thank you ParaK. This is what we've all been waiting for and I'm very much looking forward to hearing what Gary Jubelin has to say on Monday.

http://www.camdencourier.com.au/story/4152460/two-years-of-anguish/?cs=706
Det Jubelin to give an update (FINALLY)!!! on Monday 12th Sept.

THE lead detective investigating the disappearance of William Tyrrell, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, said a press conference will be held on Monday, September 12.
That date is significant as it marks two years since William went missing from his relatives’ home on the Mid North Coast.
William was last seen, most likely abducted in broad daylight, in his grandmother’s front yard in Kendall.

“There will be a press conference on Monday morning at 8.30am in Sydney which will be a fairly substantial conference,” Det Insp Jubelin said.

“We have deliberately not spoken to the media for 12 months and this conference will be highlighting what has taken place in that time and where we are at with the case.”

Anyone with information about William’s disappearance is urged to come forward via Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page www.crimestoppers.com.au.

Just wondering, if BS trial had commenced today, would 7 have been able to allude to him in this news article tonight? Honestly, there are other POI's in the case but the MSM just bash him over the head again and again. I feel like I'm a witness to the worst form of harassment and can't stop it. MOO

IDK re images but William's case has been mentioned in MSM regarding the Victorian court case:

'The allegations came to light by detectives investigating the 2014 disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell.

The three-year-old vanished almost two years ago from his grandmother's backyard in Kendall, 20km from Mr Spedding's home in Bonny Hills.

Mr Spedding has strenuously denied any involvement in the child's disappearance.

Police have previously said he was only one of many persons of interest in the investigation into the disappearance, and one of many people in the local area questioned.'

He has not been arrested or charged in relation to the disappearance.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-b...hild-sexual-assault-case-20160907-grako8.html

In the case of William's disappearance; maybe yes, maybe no. He certainly brought way too much attention to himself by 'protesting too much'. He also had a very unsavoury BIL in Hillsley and some of his associates and step-relatives are hardly pillars of the community. The old saying; 'Lay down with dogs, get up with fleas.', applies here IMO, froggy.

As far as the charges of historical child sex offences; I'd have to say, at this stage, they are a strong probability. The DPP is not really known for assisting former spouses with 'vexatious' lawsuits.

Thanks DaisyGirl66. IMO the timing of when William disappeared is out by about half an hour. I believe that it was closer to 10:00am when he disappeared, not 10:30am. IMO this is also indicative of the surrounding neighbours who were coming and going about 10:30am and saw nothing. William had already been abducted by then.

So confusing isn't it! This article from the Sydney Morning Herald on 6 September 2015 might help? (or confuse even further..). See http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...-false-hope-12-months-on-20150903-gjenjz.html. "A Benaroon Drive resident said his wife drove out of the street, which William's grandmother no longer lives in, one minute before William disappeared.

It was 26 or 28 minutes to 11am, he remembered with minute detail.

"She never saw a car or noticed anything strange," he said.

The man spent the next day with a pool net in hand searching through a dam and waterholes, anxious about what he might find."

I took that couple to be someone other than the Wilsons. IMO only. Strange that they didn't see any cars or anything strange either at 10.32 or 10.34am ("one minute before William disappeared') if their timeline is accurate. Why remember such a precise time? Could just be a case of knowing they left straight after watching a certain TV program that finished at 10.30am or something. Only they can answer that. Their car must have been ruled out of the equation by the police. “The man spent the next day with a pool net in hand...". Possibly a house in the street with a pool? Wilsons' old residence No. 30 has a pool but if Mrs Wilson indeed left at 9am then it can't be them. A few either houses in the street also have pools if you look on Google Earth - 16, 27, any others? Not making any accusations whatsoever, just helps to get a picture of who was home, who left the street when, when poor little William’s abductor might have slipped through unnoticed in a car etc. I struggle to believe that white station wagon and dark grey sedan were ever parked in that spot in the street. Police strategy, perhaps? Who knows

Nothing at all :(! I was expecting a much longer and informative segment!

Thanks DaisyGirl66. IMO the timing of when William disappeared is out by about half an hour. I believe that it was closer to 10:00am when he disappeared, not 10:30am. IMO this is also indicative of the surrounding neighbours who were coming and going about 10:30am and saw nothing. William had already been abducted by then.

That's really interesting, I'd like to hear more of your ideas around this. Was FM maybe told by her mum to go and have a lie down for a while after the FP left, and she would keep an eye on the kids?

What was "the twist that shows who should be in the spotlight"??? There was no new information at all - how strange...

Nothing at all :(! I was expecting a much longer and informative segment!

Bohemian summarised the points made by Dr. Ferguson (see her post below). Dr. Ferguson was simply stating her opinion as a Doctor of Philosophy and Criminology. There was never going to be anything new or groundbreaking in that 2-3 minute news segment. Frustrating, I know but on the other hand Gary Jubelin's press conference next Monday will be of great interest, more so than a sensationalised news snippet.

Precis of Dr Claire Ferguson's assessment of William's disappearance (Channel 7 News @ 6pm 08/09/2016):

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/32568769/two-year-anniversary-since-william-tyrrell-abduction/

Points to abduction that was 'opportunistic', not 'planned'. These types of abductions are:

• rare before school age,
  • not usually male children,
  • no personal characteristics of victim (simply 'right place, right time'),
  • perpetrator not close to family but victim may recognise them,
  • 50% of victims deceased within 24 hours.
Criminology Semester 1 stuff.

The Dark Shadow, as a criminologist, what is your take on this case to date?

Hi Makara :). Unfortunately, I probably don't have a lot to add that hasn't already been discussed.

My first thought is it's an extremely unique situation and I'm sure anyone who has been a member of WS for a while will recognise this and agree. I personally feel as though a similar situation as happened to Jaycee Lee Dugard (her initial abduction, not her prolonged captivity) has occurred, with William being spotted, then immediately scooped up and driven away, but by a solo male with malevolent intentions. Unlike Jaycee though, nobody spotted William's abduction.

I also don't feel as though anyone 'lured' him - it was just a split-second decision and was a huge risk. Definitely someone who was in the street for legitimate reasons or heard the kids from wherever they were, then saw little William and thought "I'll take that!". If something like this did happen, it would be tragic as it's likely William wouldn't have survived long after his abduction. I hope I am wrong and somebody who knows William has kidnapped him, but I strongly feel that the case would be solved by now if this were the case.

Whoever has done this, I believe he has probably not told a soul and likely never will voluntarily. I think this is the reason there has been no arrest yet, but I think this person will be caught because they will likely think they are smarter than they are and will eventually make a mistake, but I believe it will take a while. I definitely believe the abductor has committed previous crimes against children and may or may not have been caught/convicted before.

It's always extremely difficult (as a criminologist) to follow a case with no inside info, as one of the first things we learn is that the MSM is completely untrustworthy (sorry to those who work in this field) and they have their own agenda. Because of this limited and bias info that we are fed, I do have to say that I could be completely wrong (and as I said, I hope I am) and so this is still MOO :).

That's really interesting, I'd like to hear more of your ideas around this. Was FM maybe told by her mum to go and have a lie down for a while after the FP left, and she would keep an eye on the kids?

No Froggy, I don't think that was the case. I'm just working on times that have already been mentioned in MSM.

• Children riding their bikes on the driveway at about 9:00am.
  • Two cars seen in Benaroon Drive at about 9:30am.
  • Car driving up Benaroon Drive and doing at U-turn about about 9:30am.
  • Photo taken of William between 9:30am - 10:30am. (Exact time has never been given).
  • William's father leaves for Lakewood shortly after 9:30am.
  • Judy Wilson leaves her home at 9:30am.
It's just my opinion that William's mother was confused about the time she last saw William and it was not as late as 10:25am as has been reported.

Thank you very much Dark Shadow. I totally agree with you on all counts and especially the untrustworthy MSM.

Hi Makara :). Unfortunately, I probably don't have a lot to add that hasn't already been discussed.

My first thought is it's an extremely unique situation and I'm sure anyone who has been a member of WS for a while will recognise this and agree. I personally feel as though a similar situation as happened to Jaycee Lee Dugard (her initial abduction, not her prolonged captivity) has occurred, with William being spotted, then immediately scooped up and driven away, but by a solo male with malevolent intentions. Unlike Jaycee though, nobody spotted William's abduction.

I also don't feel as though anyone 'lured' him - it was just a split-second decision and was a huge risk. Definitely someone who was in the street for legitimate reasons or heard the kids from wherever they were, then saw little William and thought "I'll take that!". If something like this did happen, it would be tragic as it's likely William wouldn't have survived long after his abduction. I hope I am wrong and somebody who knows William has kidnapped him, but I strongly feel that the case would be solved by now if this were the case.

Whoever has done this, I believe he has probably not told a soul and likely never will voluntarily. I think this is the reason there has been no arrest yet, but I think this person will be caught because they will likely think they are smarter than they are and will eventually make a mistake, but I believe it will take a while. I definitely believe the abductor has committed previous crimes against children and may or may not have been caught/convicted before.

It's always extremely difficult (as a criminologist) to follow a case with no inside info, as one of the first things we learn is that the MSM is completely untrustworthy (sorry to those who work in this field) and they have their own agenda. Because of this limited and bias info that we are fed, I do have to say that I could be completely wrong (and as I said, I hope I am) and so this is still MOO :).

If there are any reporters reading here that may be going to the press conference, there is such a simple question I'd like asked.
Was Bill Spedding able to produce a single person who saw him at the school assembly that day.
I'm sure the answer is no, but I'd love to see Jubelins response to the question.
A simple yes or no would tell us so much.

So it seems according to the profiler, William's abduction would fall into the catalogue of the most rare kind. Stranger abduction is very rare, it was opportunistic, to be a target at his age was unusual and usually boys aren't targeted in these kinds of attacks. So if all these things are statistically off, what points to it being an opportunistic, high risk offender? MOO

So it seems according to the profiler, William's abduction would fall into the catalogue of the most rare kind. Stranger abduction is very rare, it was opportunistic, to be a target at his age was unusual and usually boys aren't targeted in these kinds of attacks. So if all these things are statistically off, what points to it being an opportunistic, high risk offender? MOO

IMO because of the shear brazenness of William's abduction. The abductor saw the opportunity and took it, literally! In his mind, he has nothing to lose and will take whatever he wants, when he wants it and will discard it just as quickly. He has probably committed crimes against children before and has never been caught and this has now escalated to adduction and possibly murder. Each time he gets away with a crime, he becomes more confident and his crimes will escalate.

I keep going back to the words of Gary Jubelin. Two worlds collided. IMO that's exactly what happened. There didn't seem to be any danger present in Benaroon Drive that morning. The abductor wasn't expecting to see two small children playing that morning. And then innocence met evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W