Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is any remote possibility of accidental fall into the stormdrain system, then that possibility exists, and is not reduced, no matter how many other things (an awaited washing machine repair, some parked cars with windows down, a complicated family situation, some passing cars, people with criminal records living in the town or nearby, etc etc etc) are added to the equation.
I haven't studied each stage of the investigation in detail Bohemian, but in general I think that abduction, or some variant of accidental death remaining undiscovered, are both possible.

"We've searched the drains on the road, but there was nothing there," said one woman who was with a group of friends.

They used cameras to send down drains and sewer pipes. And then double checked them. Nothing.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/WilliamTyrell.htm

Thanks richieswan. In an earlier post lampshade1 estimated that the stormdrain pipe diameter on Benaroon is probably 375mm.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...12-Sept-2014-7/page32&p=11639912#post11639912
Also here is an image at the top end of the drive. There is a slotted kerb inlet and integral inspection cover for access to the stormdrain below. However there is also a silver coloured rectangle. I zoomed in on streetview and can see no lifting lugs so I don't think it is an inspection cover. It appears to have a pattern of longitudinal lines which suggests it may be a metal grille? I think it is possible this may be the grille top of an inlet where possibly a small intermittent creek may enter the upper point of the stormwater pipe. If so then the stormwater drain possibly drains not only the street, but also water from the undeveloped land above,
attachment.php

Yes that looks like a drain grate to catch surface runoff from the land west of the dirt track. It would have a bar across any side opening.

dec541c9dae6b200012627aaf01b0803.jpg

Image: SIX Maps

I'm very much looking forward to Gary Jubelin's press conference on Monday but my stomach is doing flip-flops wondering what will be revealed! Some of the things that have been buzzing around in my brain are;

1. An announcement that there will be an inquest.
  2. Certain POI's are no longer POI's.
  3. That police now have a suspect or suspects.
  4. That images of William have been found online.
  5. That it is now believed that William is deceased.
  6. That William's disappearance will now be treated as a cold case.
  7. The press conference will just be an update on what the investigator's have been doing over the last 12 months, or at least what can be revealed to the public in regard to the investigation.
  8. That the investigation is ongoing and won't cease until William is found.

It looks as if they could be going to announce an award.

Thankyou Richieswan. Yes I believe that on aerial photos I can trace the course of a small intermittent creek, flowing downhill to the top of the paved section of Benaroon. May I ask how you obtained the contour map?

This is just one example of many instances around the world, of this happening. I believe that a camera only sees a certain area and not the entire area. Also, I believe the individual septic tanks need to be pumped out, the same as BS's septic was pumped. I know we have had many discussions in regard to this in the past, and some members here feel that FG's septic HAD been pumped, but there has been zero evidence of that.. no photos of septic pumping trucks seen on the street that day, etc., all it said in MSM was that the septic tank had been looked into... which, if it was just 'looked into', just might not be good enough. If there is one question that I would like answered, it is whether or not FG's septic tank WAS in fact officially pumped out on the day little WT disappeared. moo. This article is more about the street sewer, as koios has been mentioning.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/distrau...oddler-aislings-body-found-20091012-guc9.html

The drainpipe where the body was found was searched up to five times before her body was discovered.

A police officer searched it twice on the night, including climbing two metres down into the drain and shining a torch up and down the drain, calling Aisling's name with no response. The officer estimated he could see five metres in either direction, Mr Davey said.

Alan Symes, father of Aisling, also looked in the drain that night, and it was understood search and rescue staff searched the drain.

Later, Watercare Services searched both ends of the drain with cameras but did not find the body.

Knowing he faced criticism of the delay in finding Aisling and the focus on a potential abduction, Mr Davey provided a detailed review of the police search relating to the drain.

Aisling is understood to have gone missing within 10 minutes of the family last seeing her.

This one is in regard to a septic tank where nobody realized it was even there, and the lid had been improperly in place.

.... “All of a sudden, it went silent. She didn't hear him anymore. She turned around and he was gone.”

“The mom turned her back and then she didn't see her kid, so she was asking everyone around the block to look for her kid.”

“They didn't know if someone grabbed him or if he wandered around the corner,” says Fagan. “It was just instantly quiet. And they frantically started searching everywhere.” ....

http://q13fox.com/2015/04/06/2-year-old-dies-after-falling-into-septic-tank-in-burlington/

This is just one example of many instances around the world, of this happening. I believe that a camera only sees a certain area and not the entire area. Also, I believe the individual septic tanks need to be pumped out, the same as BS's septic was pumped. I know we have had many discussions in regard to this in the past, and some members here feel that FG's septic HAD been pumped, but there has been zero evidence of that.. no photos of septic pumping trucks seen on the street that day, etc., all it said in MSM was that the septic tank had been looked into... which, if it was just 'looked into', just might not be good enough. If there is one question that I would like answered, it is whether or not FG's septic tank WAS in fact officially pumped out on the day little WT disappeared. moo. This article is more about the street sewer, as koios has been mentioning.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/distrau...oddler-aislings-body-found-20091012-guc9.html
The Benaroon/Ellendale development, in addition to the stormwater drains, appears to have public sewerage pipes (for foul waste). Each house has a connection point inspection cover near the roadside many are painted yellow, and probably the 2 inspection covers painted white are junctions. These are fairly modern houses so I assume the sewarage (foul-waste) pipes were laid when the development was first constructed, if so there are probably no septic tanks present (neither active nor disused).

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...-abduction-investigation-20160906-gr9n80.html

more about the unidentified POIs:

Of the 600 persons of interest that Strike Force Rosann detectives have in their sights, 200 have not been completely identified.
Those profiles may include only physical descriptions from suspicious sightings and information gathered by police.
In a bid to rule in or out each name or description on the list, information relating to about 400 persons of interest have been sent out to police local area commands across the state.
Officers in each area have the responsibility of following up on those people and reporting back to the homicide squad, which is running the investigation.

While white goods repairman William "Bill" Spedding has been the investigation's most high-profile person of interest, Fairfax Media understands there are others police have concentrated on just as intensely.
Mr Spedding has strenuously denied any involvement in the child's disappearance and police have previously stressed he was only one of many people questioned in the investigation.

Sounds like we're still at the stage of the police really having NFI. That's not the cops' fault. I really hate the idea that someone has gotten away with the 'perfect crime' of such a despicable nature.

The Sunday Telegraph article today (11th Sept 2016) - 'Facial anthropologist Dr Susan Hayes creates image of what he’d look like now'. We finally have a computer generated age progression image. See http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...w/news-story/ec9629d818416bc6208d52d457610892. Sorry if this is behind a paywall for you. Will try to paraphrase:

The Sunday Telegraph asked respected facial anthropologist Dr Susan Hayes to construct an image of how William would most likely look today. She said William would have likely gone through a “big growth spurt” since he was last seen.

Between 3 and 4 years, children change from being distinctly baby-faced, with a little face in a big round head with tiny little noses and hardly any chin. Their jaw gets bigger, they’ve got teeth coming through and their face all moves forward and downwards, the nose gets bigger, the eyes get bigger and the whole face looks bigger in proportion to the whole head.

"While investigators believe William could still be alive, they have not yet chosen to release their own updated image of what he may look like today. However, tomorrow they will give a much-anticipated update on the investigation."

Dr Hayes created the image of Karlie Jade Pearce-Stevenson following the discovery of her skull and bones at Belanglo State Forest in 2011.

While the digitally altered picture of William was as accurate as possible, experts could only estimate what he would look like and could not account for any change in hairstyle or weight since he was taken.

"Tomorrow’s press conference is set to provide the first update on the case in almost a year and will detail what police have done to find William in the past 12 months, as well as where the investigation will go to from here."

Here is Dr Hayes computer generated age progressed image of little William:

WT age progressed.jpg

Thankyou Richieswan. Yes I believe that on aerial photos I can trace the course of a small intermittent creek, flowing downhill to the top of the paved section of Benaroon. May I ask how you obtained the contour map?

https://maps.six.nsw.gov.au

Click Basemap button top right. Select the topo image or slide the bar down to get a hybrid aerial/topo. Also have a look at the adjacent button, Map Contents. This shows lot boundaries, labels etc. The tools top middle have distance and area measurements.

I don't think there is a creek in this spot, but the track would form a small bund directing water down one side (roadside ditch).

17f5538654b1b53665aa8eaef29cbb0f.jpg

6aa4f71957b61f14ba7b552207f0bfcd.jpg

1c26cffd11104a034031ea441ec7448d.jpg

attachment.php

This is so important and true. A 5 year old and a 3 year old are very different and I bet a lot of "sightings" are of kids that look like the WT we see in photos and not what WT would actually look like now.

This one is in regard to a septic tank where nobody realized it was even there, and the lid had been improperly in place.
http://q13fox.com/2015/04/06/2-year-old-dies-after-falling-into-septic-tank-in-burlington/
Very sad. I think there was probably never any septic tank at 48. However here is what I believe is the inspection cover of the connection point to the public sewerage (foul-waste) system. There must be a connecting pipe flowing down from the house to this roadside connection point.
attachment.php

"EVERY one of the 21 houses in the exclusive estate around his grandmother’s house have been searched from top to bottom twice, including roof cavities and septic tanks."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...-without-a-trace/story-fni0fiyv-1227195803646

04-07-2015, 02:40 AM #547
Makara I've just made an enquiry about a property for sale in Benaroon Drive Kendall. I asked the real estate agent if the property was connected to sewer or septic. He said that all properties in that estate are on septic, not sewer. All properties would include the grandmother's house at 48 Benaroon Drive.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ll-NSW-12-Sept-2014-7&p=11662936#post11662936

This is so important and true. A 5 year old and a 3 year old are very different and I bet a lot of "sightings" are of kids that look like the WT we see in photos and not what WT would actually look like now.
Releasing this indicates to me that the case is still very much active and not cold. Jubelindid state that there was a reason they had not spoken to the media in 12 months.

Could this image mean they believe he may still be alive?

I think perhaps the net is closing? The high number of unidentified POI might be a ruse to make the actual offender/s relax and become slightly complacent or blazè.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Releasing this indicates to me that the case is still very much active and not cold. Jubelindid state that there was a reason they had not spoken to the media in 12 months.

Could this image mean they believe he may still be alive?

I think perhaps the net is closing? The high number of unidentified POI might be a ruse to make the actual offender/s relax and become slightly complacent or blazè.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Let's hope so. I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the presser that's for sure as I'm sure we all are

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

View attachment 101095

Seeing the progressive photo made my eyes swell up with tears. William's appearance will have changed significantly and his family should have been with him to see him change and grow every minute of every day.

Whoever took him is a monster and anyone protecting that person is a coward.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last year a photo came across the desks of NSW detectives showing a young boy and a woman in a McDonald's in Central Queensland.

The boy looked eerily similar to William, and the woman he was with looked like his grandmother, Natalie Collins.

William's complicated background prevents reporting of certain aspects of his family life. However Ms Collins is not the grandmother who lived at the Kendall house where William disappeared from.

Fairfax Media reported last year that the hopes of detectives were dashed when police on the ground in Queensland confirmed the mother and boy were not who they hoped.

Ms Collins had already been tagged as a person of interest in the investigation, a suggestion she strenuously disputes.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...-abduction-investigation-20160906-gr9n80.html

Last year a photo came across the desks of NSW detectives showing a young boy and a woman in a McDonald's in Central Queensland.

The boy looked eerily similar to William, and the woman he was with looked like his grandmother, Natalie Collins.

William's complicated background prevents reporting of certain aspects of his family life. However Ms Collins is not the grandmother who lived at the Kendall house where William disappeared from.

Fairfax Media reported last year that the hopes of detectives were dashed when police on the ground in Queensland confirmed the mother and boy were not who they hoped.

Ms Collins had already been tagged as a person of interest in the investigation, a suggestion she strenuously disputes.

Wait, was NC named as a POI previously or is this new?

I thought her best friend was the 4th....so now 5 named....and now family are POIs. Hmmmm connecting the dots.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Time for Baird to offer reward for little boy lost
Editorial
The Sydney Morning Herald
September 11 2016 - 12:00AM

'Three-year-old William Tyrrell vanished without trace from outside his grandmother's house at Kendall, on the NSW Mid North coast two years ago on Monday. '

'NSW Police have put huge effort and resources into trying to solve what happened to the toddler in the Spiderman suit on September 12, 2014. Strike Force Rosann, using the skills of some specially-trained investigators experienced in the unexplained disappearance of young children, has so far information about some 600 persons of interests. Information packages relating to about 400 of those persons of interest have been sent to police local area commands across NSW. While the investigation is being run by the Homicide Squad, other teams at NSW Police's State Crime Command, home to the force's elite squads, are also helping with workload.

More than 400 alleged sightings around Australia and in New Zealand have been investigated and run to ground. There has been a media report of a paedophile ring and police have interviewed more than 1000 people in connection with the case and targeted up to 30 men, either suspected or with records of, having a history of child sexual abuse. The search has also spread to Europe and the US. Crime Stoppers websites in some 26 countries have been asked by the Australian Federal Police to post an appeal for information.

But on the second anniversary of the toddler's disappearance, despite the best efforts of police we appear no closer to knowing what happened than in first minutes after the alarm was first raised on that spring morning in 2014.

The sad and undeniable fact in cases like this is that it can sometimes takes years for justice to be served. '

'Clearly people see things. Somebody must have seen something at Kendall that morning. And it is difficult to escape the conclusion that someone knows something and must be covering up.

Two years after William Tyrrell vanished, with little to show for such a massive police effort, it is time that the Baird government offered a reward for information in hope of bringing closure to this tragic and sad affair.'

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/smh-e...ward-for-little-boy-lost-20160909-grcrka.html

Because I want to believe that the police know a darn lot more than they did when the alarm was first raised.
I am going to hang on the the words we appear.

I remember that initial article well, however the person who was with the child wasn't named. Now NC has been named. Wonder why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreenJenny