Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks richieswan. In an earlier post lampshade1 estimated that the stormdrain pipe diameter on Benaroon is probably 375mm.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...12-Sept-2014-7/page32&p=11639912#post11639912
Also here is an image at the top end of the drive. There is a slotted kerb inlet and integral inspection cover for access to the stormdrain below. However there is also a silver coloured rectangle. I zoomed in on streetview and can see no lifting lugs so I don't think it is an inspection cover. It appears to have a pattern of longitudinal lines which suggests it may be a metal grille? I think it is possible this may be the grille top of an inlet where possibly a small intermittent creek may enter the upper point of the stormwater pipe. If so then the stormwater drain possibly drains not only the street, but also water from the undeveloped land above,
attachment.php

The pipe at the high end of Benaroon Drive (where your streetview pic is) is likely at least 375mm diamater as that is the minimum size that tends to be used for a pipe under a road in NSW. The pipe could be larger dependent upon the upstream catchment although I expect i would be only 375mm diameter until at least the bottom of the Benaroon Drive hill (house number 43). I'm not familiar with the rainfall patterns of Kendall though (which is part of sizing the stormwater system for an area).

It could be a 'grated surcharge pit' which has the grate set up on legs about 100mm high. This allows debris to enter the pit and not block the grate.

TIMELINE

SEPTEMBER 12, 2014
William Tyrrell vanishes from a property in Kendall on the mid-north coast shortly after 10.30am.
JANUARY 20, 2015
Police search the home of a local tradesman described as a “person of interest” who has denied any involvement in his disappearance.
FEBRUARY 19
Police ask for anyone within a kilometre of where William vanished to come forward.
MARCH 2

Homicide police search bushland at Bonny Hills, 20km from Kendall.
APRIL 17
A paedophile ring is investigated in the local area, police reveal.
JUNE 26
A new public appeal is launched on William’s fourth birthday.
SEPTEMBER 7
Police appeal to the public for information about two cars spotted near the home in Benaroon Dr on the day William vanished.
SEPTEMBER 12
Communities across Australia hold a series of Walk for William marches to mark the first anniversary.

SEPTEMBER 19

The case is referred to the state coroner. Police say they believe that he could still be alive.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/75a29dde86e5a26dd6d5e4dd963ac62d

So this referral to the state coroner is presumably 19 Sept 2015.
So after last years 60 minutes interview and release of the cars.

I can't remember that far back but was Cowan ever named publicly (early on) as a POI in Daniel Morcombe's case or just given a number instead during the inquest? I don't recall hearing much, if anything, about him until very late in proceedings. I remember a lot of focus on other suspects, just not so much on him. I may possibly be wrong but I just cannot think that far back.

I'm half expecting to hear a brand new name come up in tomorrow's media release, one that we have either not heard of before or one that has only been briefly mentioned and we've all disregarded it because the focus has been on the other POIs.

I think it would be hard for a child to gain entry to the kerb inlet pits, particularly when it was not raining. There is more chance of access to the stormwater system via outfalls (headwalls). Many headwalls do not have bars across them prohibiting access, that being said the nearest ones would be somewhere on the southern side of Benaroon Drive.

There was an incident in Sydney last year where during a rainfall event a worker was killed by being sucked into a 300mm diameter pipe (sort of like a culvert): http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-man-dies-in-stormwater-drain-during-storm-20140324-35dw3.html

Given there was no rain at the time (or in the days after) and that the drains would have been thoroughly searched, I think it is unlikely an accident in the stormwater system would not have gone unnoticed.

What the article contained today is that it was a woman with a chilling resemblance to a POI who had a close resemblance to William's paternal grandmother NC. These two pieces of information were not included in the original article published last year. What this indicates is that NC was considered a POI back in 2015.

BBM.

Yep! She's obviously been on their radar for quite some time.

Thanks lampshade1. And the small blue covers are presumably the stopcocks for individual houses? Does the electricity supply enter houses aerially?

Where on streetview would I see a blue cover? If it is a hydrant, then in NSW when they are painted blue it means the hydrant is not in use/doesn't work basically.

water.JPG

That is a water meter (and stop *advertiser censored*) for a house.

Power is predominantly overhead, some underground on the southern side of Benaroon Drive.

There is underground Telstra cables on the eastern & northern side of Benaroon Drive.

Edit: my photo went really small and I don't know how to fix it...

Sometimes I have felt as if Spedding may not be involved at all as a perpetrator. After all, his prediliction seems to have been for young girls......

I think Spedding has done one or more of the following

either/and/or:
a) given information about WT and/or his sister being in Kendall to people that was later acted on, or was given this information so he could act upon it in some way for someone else
b) picked WT up but then rapidly passed him on
c) knows what happened to him - maybe he only knows what happened that day, or maybe he knows where he is now ... but he knows something.

I've never really thought BS took WT for his own purposes. BS clearly has a type and WT isn't it.

2CC56F5200000578-3249677-image-a-1_1443228910348.jpg

William it is now the 12th of September in Australia exactly two years since you went missing. We all still care very much about what has happened to you and that those responsible are held accountable. I hope and pray there are developments from the press conference later today. Thinking of William and his family today they are in my prayers.

I will try and be here for the press conference but any updates and/or links to watch it will be much appreciated. If I remember correctly the press conference is at 8:30am 8 hours and 30 minutes from now.

This is a photo of William as he may look now if you have any information about his disappearance please contact crime stoppers Australia. https://www.crimestoppers.com.au/

CsEH2nKWgAAqcMV.jpg

Thanks for the grated surcharge pit suggestion lampshade1.
About the endwalls you suggested before, I have been using http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ and can see part of the intermittent watercourse running along part of the south perimeter of the development, even a little footbridge over it.
Also by looking at colours of grass on lawns I am trying to identify the course of pipe(s) from Benaroon to the assumed headwall(s). One possible route I found is gently curving, would that be normal?

View attachment 101132

William it is now the 12th of September in Australia exactly two years since you went missing. We all still care very much about what has happened to you and that those responsible are held accountable. I hope and pray there are developments from the press conference later today. Thinking of William and his family today they are in my prayers.

I will try and be here for the press conference but any updates and/or links to watch it will be much appreciated. If I remember correctly the press conference is at 8:30am 8 hours and 30 minutes from now.

This is a photo of William as he may look now if you have any information about his disappearance please contact crime stoppers Australia. https://www.crimestoppers.com.au/

View attachment 101133

He is certainly a little boy who had caught the hearts of so many people.

I think it would be hard for a child to gain entry to the kerb inlet pits, particularly when it was not raining. There is more chance of access to the stormwater system via outfalls (headwalls). Many headwalls do not have bars across them prohibiting access, that being said the nearest ones would be somewhere on the southern side of Benaroon Drive.

There was an incident in Sydney last year where during a rainfall event a worker was killed by being sucked into a 300mm diameter pipe (sort of like a culvert): http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/sydney-man-dies-in-stormwater-drain-during-storm-20140324-35dw3.html

Given there was no rain at the time (or in the days after) and that the drains would have been thoroughly searched, I think it is unlikely an accident in the stormwater system would not have gone unnoticed.
Earlier I posted a case of a 1yr old child in GA accidentally and unintentionally entering a slot shaped kerb inlet, feet-first. The sequence was something like: the child sat on the top slab, then put a foot (or maybe both?) into the opening, then stood up to get the foot(feet?) out, but slipped and fell into the slot and about 20 ft down.

Maybe a public offer of immunity a better option than money.
imo
Agreed, I don't think money will help at this point. Everyone seems to be pretty tightly knit...JMO

Now if the POI's are made to think that the others are turning on them, bring them.all in and put them in separate rooms for questioning.... maybe they'll start to open their traps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

His parents, who wrote a heartfelt poem to their missing boy as they faced their second Christmas without him last year, have been ruled out as suspects.

Strike Force Rosnan has reportedly been given information about 600 persons of interest in relation to the case, and extra resources have been assigned to the investigation.

Police have previously said the toddler could have been the target of a paedophile ring in the north coast region.

Washing machine repairman William “Bill” Spedding, who is fighting to have unrelated child sex charges dismissed, has been the most high-profile person to be questioned during the years-long investigation.

The 65-year-old has strenuously denied any involvement in William’s disappearance and has not been arrested or charged in relation to the case. Earlier this year, William’s grandmother Natalie Collins, 56, said she had given up hope the toddler would be found alive.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r/news-story/da91051c99a2517e9dc09888d4155cdf[/QUOTE

The NSW government will announce a reward for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell, who disappeared from his grandmother's yard two years ago.
Premier Mike Baird, Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione and the man in charge of the investigation, Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, will hold a press conference at Manly police station on Monday morning............

The case has been referred to the NSW coroner but police say investigations continue with the hope the young boy is still alive.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/09/12/reward-help-find-william-tyrrell

Does anyone know where I can watch it online, or if preferably Sky news are showing it?

The New South Wales Government will today announce a reward for information that leads to the recovering of missing toddler William Tyrrell, two years after his disappearance.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/09/11/09/28/william-tyrrell-disappearance#ZFeLhgmhmpJkYRAk.99

The NSW government will announce a reward for information that leads to the recovery of William Tyrrell, who disappeared from his grandmother's yard two years ago.
Premier Mike Baird, Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione and the man in charge of the investigation, Chief Inspector Gary Jubelin, will hold a press conference at Manly police station on Monday morning............

The case has been referred to the NSW coroner but police say investigations continue with the hope the young boy is still alive.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2016/09/12/reward-help-find-william-tyrrell

I hope there is more announced at the press conference than just the reward. Fingers crossed for William this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966