Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing his alibi isn't holding up. The coffee then school presentation thing.

He said when Mr Spedding got in touch with the family on Friday, the day that William went missing, he initially couldn't get a hold of the grandmother.

At the time the toddler disappeared, Mr Spedding is understood to have told police he was having coffee with his wife in nearby Laurieton. He said he then went to a nearby school presentation

"He's rung them again because he couldn't get them in the morning," Colin said. "Then (William's) mother answered it and said, "oh I'm afraid, look I'm afraid you can't come and do it at the moment- we will give you a call when we can,'"

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/washing-machine-repairman-william-harrie-speddy-20150121-12vah1.html

Why name them. That in itself is odd

I agree. They don't usually let a POI be named and have photos published unless they are putting the heat on. Usually all we hear is that a '65-year old man is helping police with inquiries'. When they allow them to be named and photos published, they are applying pressure imo. (Think Adrian Bailey/Jill Meagher.)

We didn't even get the lowdown on Daniel Morcombe's perp for ages and ages. No names and photos, that I recall.

They either want him to turn himself in, or they want someone else to quit covering for him, I think. Or if he has info about someone else's involvement, they want him to spill it.

Now I don't really know what to think. If they are not interested in the couple, than the washer repairman was a red herring.

So they point towards the pawn biz, but then say they found nothing significant anyway?

That poor couple. Their poor grandkids.

I'm sorry, but 1800pooman. :lol:
And the back of the truck says, "We know our s..."

I wondered why some of the police were cracking smiles. Glad to see they got a little bit of comic relief in such an awful situation.

We might as well just post the pic, hey? Surprised they didn't get personalised number plates too. :)

1421808233125.jpg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/austra...tic-tank-in-search-for-toddler-william-tyrell

What if BS was pulling into the driveway to do the repair and accidentally hit William, there was no blood, but he knocked him hard enough, bundled him into the car and drove off .. so an accident that was covered up? Madness, or possible? I really feel like this was a spur of the moment thing.

His facebook page is pretty public with a bunch of photos. It's quite possible the police never released the name but media have just jumped on it after finding out he owns the property and "his friend" told the story about the machine parts.

FACS could have been there because they were alerted to the possibility that the children are in a dangerous situation because of the police investigation. If there is no Court Order or current Court proceedings then the media is able to report as usual.

Your first post .... welcome Erinisgirl ...:seeya:

What if BS was pulling into the driveway to do the repair and accidentally hit William, there was no blood, but he knocked him hard enough, bundled him into the car and drove off .. so an accident that was covered up? Madness, or possible? I really feel like this was a spur of the moment thing.

I think it's just as likely as an abduction. The covering up of a crime out of shock, fear etc... and then not being able to face coming forward.

ETA Not a crime, if it was an accident and he'd admitted it, if that's what happened. The hit/run part is the crime.

His facebook page is pretty public with a bunch of photos. It's quite possible the police never released the name but media have just jumped on it after finding out he owns the property and "his friend" told the story about the machine parts.

Yes, that is possible. But the media also knew who Adrian Bayley was (as an easy example), but were told to keep a lid on it and just post his pic so they could get some input on his movements and apply pressure. The media do what the police want, unless the police give them no restrictions at all. They usually know who an unnamed POI is too, but do not name them because they are asked not to.

I am a firm believer that the police always do what they want and let certain crime MSM things happen (or not) to their own advantage ... and to the victim's/missing person's advantage, of course.

Good thought. Panic "my wife, my grandkids, my licence, my responsibilities...." Panic moment. Life if regret

Thanks for the welcome SouthAussie :)

I agree, the media coverage is probably strategic. I'm of the view that they must have a pretty damning piece of evidence to take cadaver dogs into the property. I'm thinking they have found blood on something they have seized etc.

The mattress and computer scenario is really disturbing and I wonder if images were found on the computer as they were at the house by 6.30am the next morning.

The whitegoods repairman, William Harrie Speddy, was there to fix a washing machine, took a look at the broken appliance, said he needed to order it a new part and that he would return.

The 63-year-old grandfather says he never returned to that Kendall address - the home of William Tyrell's grandmother.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/washing-machine-repairman-william-harrie-speddy-20150121-12vah1.html

this isnt true though is it? wasnt his van mentioned as being there by that msm article?

it was reported on abc news today that police did a simultaneous search on both properties, i guess so no evidence was destroyed?

I agree. They don't usually let a POI be named and have photos published unless they are putting the heat on. Usually all we hear is that a '65-year old man is helping police with inquiries'. When they allow them to be named and photos published, they are applying pressure imo. (Think Adrian Bailey/Jill Meagher.)
Yeah, the grandpa being named as a "Person of Interest" is HUGE... especially as this case has been one of the most secretive I can ever recall.

it was reported on abc news today that police did a simultaneous search on both properties, i guess so no evidence was destroyed?
I thought that too. They are hitting all the places at once. My family said there was already a cop car at the Bonny Hills property the evening the Laurieton property was raided. Then all the cops hit the Bonny Hills property early in the morning.

I wonder if they used surveillance at all?

this isnt true though is it? wasnt his van mentioned as being there by that msm article?
There was a washing machine repair van at the street 8 days after William went missing. It was the only vehicle there not involved in the investigation. We don't know if it was the POI's van, but it's definitely coincidental and creepy! William's family would have cleared out of the house by then, so he had no need to be there repairing the washing machine. I remember reading that William's grandma had gone to stay with a friend because it was all too much.

he is quoted as being very distressed to be told by police that he is a suspect, but have police actually announced they have a suspect or person of interest to msm?

The whitegoods repairman, William Harrie Speddy, was there to fix a washing machine, took a look at the broken appliance, said he needed to order it a new part and that he would return.

The 63-year-old grandfather says he never returned to that Kendall address - the home of William Tyrell's grandmother.

Tootsie's link from earlier

Sep 19, 2014

The dozen or so cars parked out on the street all belong to people involved in the investigation – with the exception of a washing machine repair van.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2014/09/19/case-missing-superhero/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member