Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, she took breaks when it suited her.
But....I believe she was not allowed to speak out. I think she was effectively gagged and whilst it may have been to do with FACS I have never believed that was the whole reason. I think there are other sides to William's family who wanted William's 'complicated family life' to be kept quiet.
As Catherine Overington said after the interview with the foster parents:

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said, but Karlie did state on the Police FB in the very early stages that she had never been told by anyone that she couldn't speak. She then went on to say that she had other children to protect and it had nothing to do with her or his father.

Not sure if we can accept that as truth being FB, but it is on NSW Police FB which is normally accepted under TOS.

I don’t understand Karlie original gag, she has lost her kids, why couldn’t she speak out earlier, what more did she have to lose ? Custody of the younger ones in her care ? How could that be the dangling carrot. Why was she silenced and from whom for so long . Surely those little ones in her care couldn’t be jeopardised by her speaking out. Just don’t get it

I don’t understand Karlie original gag, she has lost her kids, why couldn’t she speak out earlier, what more did she have to lose ? Custody of the younger ones in her care ? How could that be the dangling carrot. Why was she silenced and from whom for so long . Surely those little ones in her care couldn’t be jeopardised by her speaking out. Just don’t get it

Ms Tyrrell said she didn't speak out around the time William went missing because she "thought it was best".
"They know what they're doing. Like, I didn't wanna go on news being, like, angry or anything, making anything worse."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...rents-should-feel-guilty-20180304-p4z2s0.html

I guess maybe she has anger management issues?
Which may include spitting at the police?

Having an ex partner into much harder drugs, I think we are way beyond marijuana

Have been here since 2014 but rarely post. I feel sad that Karlie is not getting the sympathy I think she deserves. Yes, she has made bad choices in her life - the worst, thinking that marijuana is a remedy for anxiety instead of the medication that she says she doesn't like taking but there are plenty of people who use alcohol and illicit drugs the same way. My take on her interview is a girl who is struggling, not knowing where to turn, trying to make people understand that she is not a bad person. Where are her parents? Why does she feel the need to withdraw from people? Because she has been let down by everyone around her? My heart breaks for this young woman who is at the end of her tether. No wonder she lashes out. I don't think she is blaming the fps, just pointing out that they had responsibility for William. True. MOO

Having an ex partner into much harder drugs, I think we are way beyond marijuana

I think we are way beyond marijuana, too.
But there is not a lot of public sympathy to be garnered by admitting that.

She looks like Anthony Rickard to me (Karen Ristevski case), only with makeup covering her sores.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice in the clip of William eating his birthday cake they gave the Ff a sinister laugh - not cool ch 7
Yep. It unsettled me. 'Lick your fingers....'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ms Tyrrell said she didn't speak out around the time William went missing because she "thought it was best".
"They know what they're doing. Like, I didn't wanna go on news being, like, angry or anything, making anything worse."
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...rents-should-feel-guilty-20180304-p4z2s0.html

I guess maybe she has anger management issues?
Which may include spitting at the police?

I'm wondering about a possible link between panic attacks and anger attacks. The fight/flight thing.

I'm wondering about a possible link between panic attacks and anger attacks. The fight/flight thing.

Could be.
I was wondering if the cannabis use may exacerbate the anxiety which over time may have resulted in panic attacks. Given the panic attacks were only very recently diagnosed.
Displays of irrational, inappropriate and aggressive outbursts the result, with consequences.
Resulting in depression and a repeating cycle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...is-DOES-increase-risk-anxiety-depression.html

But, we don't know if cannabis is the only substance of choice. Poly drug use would contribute further you would expect.
imo

Cannabis is the one of the worst things to take when your child has been abducted. In combination with other illicit drugs it can cause all sorts of issues. Most of the issues happen post usage, days after even.

Its a vicious cycle users go through. Much like nicotine, where the nicotine causes the problems.

Hence drug dependence. If someone hadn't made poor choices, none of us would be here.

Could be.
I was wondering if the cannabis use may exacerbate the anxiety which over time may have resulted in panic attacks. Given the panic attacks were only very recently diagnosed.
Displays of irrational, inappropriate and aggressive outbursts the result, with consequences.
Resulting in depression and a repeating cycle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...is-DOES-increase-risk-anxiety-depression.html

But, we don't know if cannabis is the only substance of choice. Poly drug use would contribute further you would expect.
imo

MOO
Just putting my vibe out there. My 2 cents worth.
I don't think the person responsible has been named as any of the POIs. My personal "feeling" is they may be associates or have connections in some way but not the one or ones who took or has or had William. Although they may know... I change my personal "suspect" regularly in this case and it is truly just my sixth sense telling me this. All IMOO.. I see it as a deep complicated web requiring intense police untangling and operations, covert and overt.

I feel for Karlie and all the family who have lost this beautiful little boy very very much. Totally heartbreaking. Sure mistakes were made but are they involved? I doubt it... I think the interview (which I thought was horrendous by Melissa Doyle, but thats neither here nor there) was all over the place. She seems genuine then flippant almost about some things which didn't add up, but I am no psychologist so can't judge this or her behaviour. I feel it had to do with Karlie actually being allowed or asked to speak, so police strategy that they held off until now to suggest the interview may be helpful... Which she seemed to almost touch on that she was leaving it up to the professionals to run the case as they see and know what none of us know and are doing their best to find William using many different avenues. Or it is $ (understandably if she has none) or to help her with up coming court matters also understandably from her position. Also could be pressure from "groups" suggesting that its FACS that failed. Who knows.. Although I don't condone children being exposed to drugs and violence against the police at all and I think it's extremely unfortunate for everyone. Perhaps trapped in cycles of this kind of stuff and no idea or will or safety net to be able to or to know how to change it.
Hopefully all the secrecy around the "complicated" family issue not being raised earlier was the right path to take.
Again I just hope that someone speaks up with what they know ASAP and helps to find William. As alluded to he may well be with someone who needs to just give him back. Lets hope...

MOO
I feel it had to do with Karlie actually being allowed or asked to speak, so police strategy that they held off until now to suggest the interview may be helpful...

RSBM

I am not sure how much I can be convinced of this, due to her dislike of the police, and her slagging them off during the interview.

But it would be a nice thought .... if the production was aired at this time to allow maximum impact on a person who may know something, pull some heartstrings if they have any. Maybe if someone's 1st court case is over - I keep hoping it is over and sentencing happened today - and they are locked away until their 2nd court case commences, so they lose their ability to influence anyone else very much.

I don't really believe that Ch7 and Karlie would be assisting in that way, but it would be a nice thought.

Karlie might not have said something, because Karlie might have put her foot in it.

There is like 3 degrees of separation in this case. Ive learned by reading about these cases, that there is a lot of people trying to make money out of the sale of pedophile images of children.

Police are investigating a paedophile ring in relation to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell. “One of those lines of inquiry relates to people we suspect being involved in a paedophile ring,” head of the Homicide Squad, Detective Superintendent Michael Willing, said at a press conference on Friday.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-suspect-paedophile-ring-20150417-1mmzno.html

Karlie might not have said something, because Karlie might have put her foot in it.

There is like 3 degrees of separation in this case. Ive learned by reading about these cases, that there is a lot of people trying to make money out of the sale of pedophile images of children.

Police are investigating a paedophile ring in relation to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell. “One of those lines of inquiry relates to people we suspect being involved in a paedophile ring,” head of the Homicide Squad, Detective Superintendent Michael Willing, said at a press conference on Friday.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-suspect-paedophile-ring-20150417-1mmzno.html

In their very last police presser, they pretty much dispelled any idea of a pedo ring. Don't remember the exact wording, but they indicated that it didn't pan out.

Don't know if that was a police strategy, or not.

One person, now in prison was involved with autistic children, a common target of pedophiles, as it appears foster children.

One person, now in prison was involved with autistic children, a common target of pedophiles, as it appears foster children.

Yes. I agree that they can be abused in that way. I think one of the POIs in this case took advantage of a child like that, I think that is what you are referring to.
As other children can be abused like this, too. Just wanted to let you know, that is what was said in the last police presser.

Whàngarei;13970393 said:
Yes i heard it prior to any channel 7 coverage. I noted his voice, his laugh .its him unedited as he is au naturale.

I’d be very careful about expanding on any implication of impropriety wrt William’s carers; past, present and/or future. I’ve learnt that WORDS MATTER and mayhem often ensues. Just a friendly heads up, my friend, based on past interactions and recent experience. It’s best to avoid dancing with the devil as you never know where it may lead. Bless you.

I'm not disagreeing with what you've said, but Karlie did state on the Police FB in the very early stages that she had never been told by anyone that she couldn't speak. She then went on to say that she had other children to protect and it had nothing to do with her or his father.

Not sure if we can accept that as truth being FB, but it is on NSW Police FB which is normally accepted under TOS.

Other posts on FB suggested otherwise.

Are people 100% certain that William was abducted?

Is it not plausible that he wandered off? I know that extensive searches were conducted but people are always amazed at how far an errant child can get when you take your eye off them for a second.

Are people 100% certain that William was abducted?

Is it not plausible that he wandered off? I know that extensive searches were conducted but people are always amazed at how far an errant child can get when you take your eye off them for a second.

I think they've ruled it out as much as they possibly could, what with repeated extensive searches, and I remember in the early days of the searches we were all a bit surprised to hear when they brought in 'child movement experts' (that's a thing??) to confirm exactly how far a child could've gone in the time that had passed, in terms of the terrain etc, and took the search even wider than that, just to be sure.

Other posts on FB suggested otherwise.

That's the problem with SM. A person can never be sure what to believe. Anyone can say practically anything they want, no guarantee it is true, no fear of lawsuit .... heck, apparently even FACS laws do not have to be adhered to in that space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbw0021