Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was in the best interest of William 'like finding William' that I left I let the carers do everything. I thought it was best. I thought it was the best way, because they are professional and they know what they are doing. I didn't want to go on the news being angry or anything and make things worse.
It didn't mean I didn't love him.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/39402420/william-tyrrells-mother-speaks-out/

Does this mean it could just well have been Karlie in those interviews, appealing for William's return and public information - with us looking at the back of her head?
But she thought it in William's best interest, that the foster parents did the appeals? So she had given her approval. Is that right?

Did she even have an advocate speak on her behalf at the time, make some appeals, as William's foster parents did?

Did she even have an advocate speak on her behalf at the time, make some appeals, as William's foster parents did?

How could she? Police were insisting that William's status as a foster child be kept secret.

How could she? Police were insisting that William's status as a foster child be kept secret.

Every child has two sides to their family. Why couldn't she have been from the 'other' side of the family? Her familial role did not have to be specified. No reason she could not have got some appeals out somehow. Did she even try? She says no.
But she can speak now. Now that it is of great benefit to her. I cannot respect that. Sorry.

We all wondered who the heck the 'parents' spokesperson was anyway.

I have always thought that she should have been working with the foster parents, not against them. Considering that the buck stops at her door.

It was in the best interest of William 'like finding William' that I left I let the carers do everything. I thought it was best. I thought it was the best way, because they are professional and they know what they are doing. I didn't want to go on the news being angry or anything and make things worse.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/39402420/william-tyrrells-mother-speaks-out/

Does this mean it could just well have been Karlie in those interviews, appealing for William's return and public information - with us looking at the back of her head?
But she thought it in William's best interest, that the foster parents did the appeals? So she had given her approval. Is that right?

I found it confusing as to whether she meant the police were the professionals and she decided to shut up more or less when she was ordered to . . . or the foster parents were professional (at what?). I'm not going to listen to it again today, cried enough. Did she think the foster parents would get more sympathy because they were more middle-class? Or did she mean they were professional carers? What would that have to do with it?

That's exactly how it came across to me too, that Karlie thought it best to leave all appeals to the FF. Unless the interview was heavily edited, it didn't make sense to me either :thinking:

Police?
I thought APS took on FACS.
The woman who lifted the veil of secrecy over missing boy William Tyrrell has revealed she never met the toddler or his family - but had a 'primal' urge to help his mother.
Allanna Pearl Smith, a child protection activist from the NSW south coast, has won a stunning victory against the Department of Family and Community Services.
Nearly three years after the little Spiderman vanished, a court ruled it was public interest to reveal Tyrrell was in out-of-home foster care at the time he vanished.

: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-William-Tyrrell-mission.html#ixzz58qyNHkos

I guess it would have been very difficult for Karlie to appeal for her son anyways and explain the timeframe. Because she was not in Kendall, she was in Blacktown shopping.
I actually agree with Karlies decision to let the foster parents do the appeals.
It is all the vitriol that followed that I am struggling to understand - especially now the veil of secrecy has been lifted.
imo

Every child has two sides to their family. Why couldn't she have been from the 'other' side of the family? Her familial role did not have to be specified. No reason she could not have got some appeals out somehow. Did she even try? She says no.
But she can speak now. Now that it is of great benefit to her. I cannot respect that. Sorry.

I have always thought that she should have been working with the foster parents, not against them. Considering that the buck stops at her door.

I thought she did try to speak out a little bit and that was why her FB kept getting shut down.

It would be pretty hard to speak live as an unspecified family member under the circumstances, I think . . . not saying that William was her child. And she's aware that the expression of anger she was feeling wasn't going to be helpful. I think you're expecting a bit much in the way of lateral thinking from someone presumably devastated and perhaps not terribly intelligent at the best of times.

Police?
I thought APS took on FACS.
(snipped)

Police were apparently right behind FACS. They certainly were at the time of the hearing, with Gary Jubelin arguing for suppression.

Poor choices leave people sociopaths when using some of those poor choices. When they come off the poor choices, reality hits home.

She is a mess in that video. Her body language is that of a past user.

The boy was removed from the care of his biological parents as a seven-month-old following domestic violence and drug use concerns

So he had been in foster care for 2 years approximately?

The thing that jumped out at me, right near the beginning of the interview, was Karlie saying that the (court) judgement didn't bother her.
Presumably, that is why her lifestyle did not alter. The lifestyle that led the children to being removed.

It sounds as if she may have been very wrapped up in her poor choices, to the point where those poor choices took priority over her children.

It is at that point where the blame for all of this really starts.

(snipped)

Police were apparently right behind FACS. They certainly were at the time of the hearing, with Gary Jubelin arguing for suppression.

Maybe Jubes knew just what it meant for William's bio parents and their other children.
Has the veil of secrecy being lifted helped find William?
I guess only Jubes and the team know that.
Has it helped William's sibling ... imo No!

I thought she did try to speak out a little bit and that was why her FB kept getting shut down.

It would be pretty hard to speak live as an unspecified family member under the circumstances, I think . . . not saying that William was her child. And she's aware that the expression of anger she was feeling wasn't going to be helpful. I think you're expecting a bit much in the way of lateral thinking from someone presumably devastated and perhaps not terribly intelligent at the best of times.

Yes, I have expected too much from her all along. That I must admit. I expected her to straighten her life up and not lose William and his sister, way back when she was being monitored by FACS. I expected her, once she had lost them, to not spit at the police, to not get busted with a baggy. I expected her TV appearance to be completely about William, not about her.

I have had a day to think about it, and I am left feeling a little outraged at it all. That she would blame the people who tried so hard for William, who are still trying hard for her daughter. Who actually provide/d them both with some big smiles. Doing her job for her.

And I have also wondered today, who approached who for this interview? Did she approach them? Did Ch7 approach her? Did this happen because of all of the negative press she has been giving herself? It is not sitting right with me.

Poor choices leave people sociopaths when using some of those poor choices. When they come off the poor choices, reality hits home.

She is a mess in that video. Her body language is that of a past user.

The boy was removed from the care of his biological parents as a seven-month-old following domestic violence and drug use concerns

So he had been in foster care for 2 years approximately?

Yes, a bit over 2½ years, I'd say.

He was 3yrs 3mths old when he went missing, he was removed around 7mths old, apparently.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/video/watch/39386875/my-william-part-1/

The bombshell - the daughter Karlie wants back...:thinking:

Why do you want to talk now? Because I pretty much don't know where else to turn, now. I want my boys and all my kids to have a good .... I just want this to end and William to come home.

Why are you talking to me? You seemed like a pretty nice person to talk too.

Did it get shut down? Or did she take a break when it suited her?

I think the decision Karlie made was the right one. Let those that were there caring for William every day and could tell us about William, his personality, his likes his dislikes. What had occurred that morning, what he was wearing. When, how and why the last photo of him was snapped.
imo

Yes, I have expected too much from her all along. That I must admit. I expected her to straighten her life up and not lose William and his sister, way back when she was being monitored by FACS. I expected her, once she had lost them, to not spit at the police, to not get busted with a baggy. I expected her TV appearance to be completely about William, not about her.

I have had a day to think about it, and I am left feeling a little outraged at it all. That she would blame the people who tried so hard for William, who are still trying hard for her daughter. Who actually provide/d them both with some big smiles. Doing her job for her.

And I have also wondered today, who approached who for this interview? Did she approach them? Did Ch7 approach her? Did this happen because of all of the negative press she has been giving herself? It is not sitting right with me.

I thought we were talking about the immediate aftermath and whether Karlie should have arranged the equivalent of Nicole or posed as an aunt or second cousin or whatever to make a public plea. I'd like to argue that perhaps she has made some progress in turning her life around, but I'm not going to defend spitting and shoplifting.

Was it just me or did anyone else notice in the clip of William eating his birthday cake they gave the Ff a sinister laugh - not cool ch 7

Blaming them on National television when they still have her daughter was probably not her smartest move either. Those access visits are going to be difficult now.
I really expected her to blame FACS. She was fairly quiet on that subject though interestingly.
I hope there was a tactical reason behind it as it seemed pretty pointless to me although I thought Bruce Morecombe was interesting.
Where is William?

I wonder If we will hear the outcome of BS trial or it will be hushed up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke