Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is only *my* opinion, but I believe that some MSM take great liberties in expanding on things on their own. One paper happens to report that A washing machine repair van was parked on the street (at the time in September when it was seen), however THAT reporter did not elaborate as to the name on the side, or show a picture of it. Then... it is now reported, and it becomes, 'it was BS's washing machine repair truck'. Do we even know what BS's current van looks like? In that one picture on BS's FB which shows a van with lettering on the side, it is from 2009, and it doesn't say anything about washing machine repairman.. the white van that was photographed at BS's home this week was all white with no lettering. I don't think we know for sure whether that van belonged to BS or LE. I hate it when MSM take those liberties and get stories started that aren't true.. and when they just have bad reporting, or dont' check their facts. They don't seem to print corrections when they print false things either. MOO.

His whitegoods repair van was seen parked in the quiet Kendall street alongside those belonging to police and *emergency workers involved in the investigation in the days after William vanished.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/com...r-william-tyrell/story-fnii5s3z-1227195546202

I was going to say 'great find', but then I realized where it was coming from... again, it's really frustrating to read *some* news articles that state something different from the rest (even though there is no reason why they might have more information than the rest), because we never know if it is taking editorial liberties (when they shouldn't), an error, or the truth. Doesn't Daily Mail UK have a rather tabloid-ish reputation?

Police inspecting the property in Bonny Hills on Wednesday morning. William Tyrell has been missing since September 12 last year, when he vanished from his foster grandmother's house

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html

Newish poster here, I was just wondering if the different info released in different MSM sources re the van could be related to where in Aus they're from? I seem to remember during the Jill maher search that WA media that wasn't national could release more info than Vic. The article posted from Perth seems to be the only one definitively placing WS in the street after WT went missing (others just refer to the van). Could be media extrapolation as suggested by deugirtni though of course.

Also as the owner of a coffee shop that services lots of people in ws/ms age group. Spending a couple of hours killing time 'having a coffee' is completely plausible.

if bs did return to williams grandmothers home when w went missing, i wonder if williams father passed bs van on his frantic race back from his errands?

I was assuming that if the bank transaction was made at 10am, it would have been on their way out, type of deal.. but.. I suppose they could have gone up to pay for it as soon as they got it?? If you're going to spend a couple of hours, you might end up getting something else, so wouldn't you pay at the *end* of the visit?

.... Also as the owner of a coffee shop that services lots of people in ws/ms age group. Spending a couple of hours killing time 'having a coffee' is completely plausible.

re-posting this link again

September 20, 2014

William, his parents and his young sister travelled to Kendall from Sydney on the afternoon of Thursday, September 11. His parents, I was told, live at Killara, on the upper north shore. They were described to me as “committed Christians and reasonably well off’. (William has a complicated family history and, for legal *reasons, his family cannot be named. It has made aspects of this story difficult to report).

William’s grandmother — a widow — moved here “some years ago”. She is well respected, “a lovely, lovely lady” immersed in the community. She volunteers at the tourist information centre. She helped set up a community computer room for seniors. She is a keen letter writer to the local paper, the Camden Haven Courier, urging village improvements.

William’s wider family has been thoroughly investigated and interviewed, too. Their alibis have been declared sound — they were hundreds of kilometres away when William disappeared. Very few people knew the family had left Sydney to visit the area

OK,” Fehon says as he looks at his watch. “You guys have been here 10 minutes; what do you think has happened to young William?”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

I wonder what their answer was to that question at the time?

I was assuming that if the bank transaction was made at 10am, it would have been on their way out, type of deal.. but.. I suppose they could have gone up to pay for it as soon as they got it?? If you're going to spend a couple of hours, you might end up getting something else, so wouldn't you pay at the *end* of the visit?

Not necessarily, some places insist on customers paying first. Some customers like to pay first or as they go. I have a couple of regulars that come everyday, they insist on paying for their first round of coffees when they order them first. Sometimes they come and get more, sometimes they stay for ages on those first coffees.

In the article quoted, it says 'it is understood'.... so for me, I'm not taking that as fact. Too bad the reporter who actually mentioned the washing machine repairman van being present on the street, didn't specify the name on the side, or take a pic... or... be able to recall.. if it was THAT reporter who was stating it was BS's van, then I would tend to believe it more. I can't help thinking the others are just jumping on the coincidental possibility.

Yes, you're right. It could be either way. I used to own a little coffee shop/cafe several years ago, and in fact people paid up front when they ordered, and then sat down.. depends on the cafe I suppose. But geez, if that's how it was for BS, too bad he didn't pay on the way OUT then!

Not necessarily, some places insist on customers paying first. Some customers like to pay first or as they go. I have a couple of regulars that come everyday, they insist on paying for their first round of coffees when they order them first. Sometimes they come and get more, sometimes they stay for ages on those first coffees.

I do believe if BS was back at the house 'fixing' the washing machine, it was because LE wanted him there. They wanted to watch his reaction. Was he nervous and uncomfortable. Was he asking too many questions? I believe LE were thinking abduction was a real possibility by that stage. And they would have been looking at the guy due at the house on the day WT vanished. The family would have had offers to help from the grandmother's close friend including doing a load of wash for them. If a child I loved was missing/possibly taken, I wouldn't want any stranger near me or my other child. I would rather hand wash a few things.

This particular cafe you order and pay at the counter and then they bring it out, so would be very unusual to pay at end. (I go here a lot and haven't seen it happen)

In the article quoted, it says 'it is understood'.... so for me, I'm not taking that as fact. Too bad the reporter who actually mentioned the washing machine repairman van being present on the street, didn't specify the name on the side, or take a pic... or... be able to recall.. if it was THAT reporter who was stating it was BS's van, then I would tend to believe it more. I can't help thinking the others are just jumping on the coincidental possibility.

Yes, I agree

I'm not sure if we're supposed to speculate about such things, but what would WS's motive be for such a risky abduction? I mean the mind goes to the obvious awful place, but this seems so brazen and high risk for a seasoned predator.

if bs did return to williams grandmothers home when w went missing, i wonder if williams father passed bs van on his frantic race back from his errands?

ditto - wondered that too

In such a small town, after hearing a frantic call that lad was missing, I would think his eyes would be sharp trying to take everything in -- and looking -- looking and noticing everything! I wonder too IF a van was on the road, wouldn't he have noticed.

In previous cases, if one of the suspicious ones were sleuthed, it would usually come out if that person was a registered sex offender, or had ever been accused by others of being inappropriate. I don't think anything like that has come out about the repairman yet?

I was going to make a very similar post right now... by now, there would be allllll kinds of rumours being broadcast if this man had even looked at some woman's child the wrong way while he was repairing her appliance. But yet there has been nothing. This would have happened whether or not he was guilty, if there was anything.. people (imho) seem to jump the gun on cases like this when a name is revealed, and start coming up with all these stories. To me, it says a lot that this has not happened in this case. All I've been hearing are good things about him.

In previous cases, if one of the suspicious ones were sleuthed, it would usually come out if that person was a registered sex offender, or had ever been accused by others of being inappropriate. I don't think anything like that has come out about the repairman yet?

ditto - wondered that too

In such a small town, after hearing a frantic call that lad was missing, I would think his eyes would be sharp trying to take everything in -- and looking -- looking and noticing everything! I wonder too IF a van was on the road, wouldn't he have noticed.

Maybe it was noticed ... and that's one part of the mix of things that have led to the thorough search of BS. Not that I'm suggesting he is involved. I really don't know what to think.

Maybe it was noticed ... and that's one part of the mix of things that have led to the thorough search of BS. Not that I'm suggesting he is involved. I really don't know what to think.

stressed freaking out dad booting it in a car.....mind racing...lots of images flying by....he's probably been interviewed about what he saw ad infinitum by LE......moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79