Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Adoption application" is what is stated here. Does that mean after the adoption is completed this changes?

It also says:

(4) This section does not prohibit the publication of any material after an adoption application and any proceedings in the Court with respect to the application have been finally disposed of:
(a) if the person identified (or reasonably likely to be identified) as a person affected by the adoption application consents to being identified, and
(b) the material does not identify (and is not reasonably likely to identify) any person affected by the adoption application who does not consent to being identified.

The optimum word being 'consent'.

NSW Legislation

Last edited:
I doubt any consent will be given for a good long while. The child in question has been through more than enough in her young life, and additionally will be learning to cope with William's disappearance for years. I would guess she is receiving professional help as and when required.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I believe posts in previous threads that were posted after the Coronial Inquest was commenced have been edited by moderators to ensure no violation of strict suppression orders ....no publication order (NPO) issued by the Coroner regarding bio family and foster family names. Initials are also suppressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karinna, the BF was stated to be using drugs on a continuing basis. 2nd hand inhalation can cause issues in a pregnancy, regardless of what anyone else may or may not have been doing. ....
Where did the information about BF using drugs during WT's pregnancy come from? Do you have a link please? To my knowledge, the only info we have heard about that has been what has been published in MSM based on what his mother, BGM, has told reporters. AFAIK, LE, inquest, medical professionals, etc., have not discussed BF's drug use from before the time WT disappeared, and this is what BGM has said, which seems to dispute what has been stated above:

"But [BGM] said the 35-year-old, who did not drink alcohol or take drugs before William vanished, was in such a state he needed urgent special care.
"An order by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) to remove William from the couples care “wasn’t because [BF] was taking drugs or drinking, he wasn’t”, [BGM] said.
"In the more than three years since William’s abduction, [BF] has become a drug addict and been to jail, spending time in Parklea Correctional Centre."

Stunning new revelations about the day William Tyrrell vanished

Where did the information about BF using drugs during WT's pregnancy come from? Do you have a link please? To my knowledge, the only info we have heard about that has been what has been published in MSM based on what his mother, BGM, has told reporters. AFAIK, LE, inquest, medical professionals, etc., have not discussed BF's drug use from before the time WT disappeared, and this is what BGM has said, which seems to dispute what has been stated above:

"But [BGM] said the 35-year-old, who did not drink alcohol or take drugs before William vanished, was in such a state he needed urgent special care.
"An order by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) to remove William from the couples care “wasn’t because [BF] was taking drugs or drinking, he wasn’t”, [BGM] said.
"In the more than three years since William’s abduction, [BF] has become a drug addict and been to jail, spending time in Parklea Correctional Centre."

So he says he didn’t drink or take drugs until after Williams disappearence? Why was William removed from his bio parents

When I have time and energy I will go back through the threads to find a link for you. It was spoken of before BGM started talking to the media. In an MSM article alluding to why both children were removed one after the other but at different times .. the issue was ongoing.

It might have been around the time that we read that the BM and BF were caught in a video shop with an underdressed William at night, and the police were called. Not sure now. It was almost 4 years ago.

So he says he didn’t drink or take drugs until after Williams disappearence? Why was William removed from his bio parents
Do any of us know that, for sure? Perhaps someone who attended the inquest could speak to whether that was disclosed during the inquest? I think the only info we have on that has also come from BGM, who said in the same article:

"The two became a couple in 2009. News.com.au cannot reveal other details about the complicated family history due to child protection laws.

[BF] was working as a construction excavator in the western Sydney suburb of Granville at the time.

Living with his half brother [xx], he was not drinking alcohol or taking drugs.

[BF] and [BM] began having domestic disputes and police were called to the home. [xx] soon moved out of the house.

In June 2011, William was born and the conflict between the pair continued.

Both [BF] and [BM] were ordered to participate in a domestic violence course and to not associate with each other.

But when William was eleven months old, the two were spotted in each other’s company at a video store in the northwestern Sydney suburb of Ryde, where [BM’s] father lived.

An order by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) to remove William from the couples care “wasn’t because [BF] was taking drugs or drinking, he wasn’t”, [BGM] said.

With [BGM's] help, [BM] and [BF] hid with William for three months in a granny flat.

When they were discovered, William was taken into foster care with a couple who lived on Sydney’s north shore.

[BGM] said she, [BM] and [BF] spent around $4500 to try and retain custody of William."

The court heard how Tyrrell's parents were in a "troubled relationship" with a history of substance abuse and domestic violence when he was born on June 26, 2011.

Nine months later, the Department of Family and Community Services received a court order to place the boy into care, but his parents hid him for six weeks at his paternal grandfather's house in western Sydney.

William Tyrrell's parents hid him from authorities before putting him in foster care, court hears

The court heard how Tyrrell's parents were in a "troubled relationship" with a history of substance abuse and domestic violence when he was born on June 26, 2011.

Nine months later, the Department of Family and Community Services received a court order to place the boy into care, but his parents hid him for six weeks at his paternal grandfather's house in western Sydney.

William Tyrrell's parents hid him from authorities before putting him in foster care, court hears

Thanks, soso.

Do any of us know that, for sure? Perhaps someone who attended the inquest could speak to whether that was disclosed during the inquest? I think the only info we have on that has also come from BGM, who said in the same article:

"The two became a couple in 2009. News.com.au cannot reveal other details about the complicated family history due to child protection laws.

[BF] was working as a construction excavator in the western Sydney suburb of Granville at the time.

Living with his half brother [xx], he was not drinking alcohol or taking drugs.

[BF] and [BM] began having domestic disputes and police were called to the home. [xx] soon moved out of the house.

In June 2011, William was born and the conflict between the pair continued.

Both [BF] and [BM] were ordered to participate in a domestic violence course and to not associate with each other.

But when William was eleven months old, the two were spotted in each other’s company at a video store in the northwestern Sydney suburb of Ryde, where [BM’s] father lived.

An order by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) to remove William from the couples care “wasn’t because [BF] was taking drugs or drinking, he wasn’t”, [BGM] said.

With [BGM's] help, [BM] and [BF] hid with William for three months in a granny flat.

When they were discovered, William was taken into foster care with a couple who lived on Sydney’s north shore.

[BGM] said she, [BM] and [BF] spent around $4500 to try and retain custody of William."

I also found another link this morning, from the caselaw (which I am not allowed to link, as we know, but which those who saved the link can look at).

"HIS HONOUR: The child the subject of these proceedings whom I shall call Julian was one of four siblings. Julian was removed from the care of his mother at 7 months age because of concerns that he was at risk of harm (associated with domestic violence and drug abuse), and placed with foster carers."

Bo posted this same info back in Thread 26.

I also found another link this morning, from the caselaw (which I am not allowed to link, as we know, but which those who saved the link can look at).

"HIS HONOUR: The child the subject of these proceedings whom I shall call Julian was one of four siblings. Julian was removed from the care of his mother at 7 months age because of concerns that he was at risk of harm (associated with domestic violence and drug abuse), and placed with foster carers."

Bo posted this same info back in Thread 26.

“William was located by the NSW Police with his parents … at a relative’s house on 15 March 2012,” Mr Craddock told the court.

William was taken into the care of the FACS minister and given to the foster parents he was living with at the time of his disappearance.

‘Where’s the red?’: Mum’s frantic search

“William was located by the NSW Police with his parents … at a relative’s house on 15 March 2012,” Mr Craddock told the court.

William was taken into the care of the FACS minister and given to the foster parents he was living with at the time of his disappearance.

I wonder how the BP got hold of William to take him and hide him, if he was already living with foster parents (his permanent placement foster parents, or other temporary foster parents?) Was there an unsupervised visit involved?

I notice that your link says a warrant was issued for the BM's arrest. Does that mean that the BM was the one who was given access, and then she absconded with William and the BF?

Perhaps William's current FP knew about this, and hence their immediate reaction that William was taken.

I wonder how the BP got hold of William to take him and hide him, if he was already living with foster parents (his permanent placement foster parents, or other temporary foster parents?) Was there an unsupervised visit involved?

I notice that your link says a warrant was issued for the BM's arrest. Does that mean that the BM was the one who was given access, and then she absconded with William and the BF?

Perhaps William's current FP knew about this, and hence their immediate reaction that William was taken.
I understood the order was made for the BP to hand William over to foster care and BM couldn't bring herself to comply. So legally he may have been "taken into care" at seven months but the actual transfer did not happen until some months later.

I understood the order was made for the BP to hand William over to foster care and BM couldn't bring herself to comply. So legally he may have been "taken into care" at seven months but the actual transfer did not happen until some months later.

Oh yes, I see ... I re-read the excerpt. It means that William was placed with the FP he was living with when he disappeared for the 2nd time. Not that he was living with FP when he disappeared for the 1st time, just that he was under the Minister's custody when he first was taken and a warrant was issued for the BM's arrest.

I agree.

In February 2012, Family and Community Services came to collect William after a court had ruled that he was to go into the care of the Minister for Family and Community Services.

He wasn't there, leading police to issue a warrant for the arrest of his biological mother.
A month later, he was located at the home of a relative, then taken into foster care, the Coroner's Court at Lidcombe heard on Monday morning.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...he-vanished-inquest-told-20190324-p51739.html

Last edited:
'Police also searched the home of one neighbour, who cannot be named, three times in a period of less than 24 hours.'

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...jqSMplvUjaPL4p4oHCWevkvfo76ucO1d3U5WUqk22RRMI

Is it likely those who have been named are either witnesses or are no longer high priority POI's? There really are very few Benaroon Dr residents who haven't been named in one way or another. Other than being a potential suspect, is there any other obvious reasons why his name would be withheld?

'Police also searched the home of one neighbour, who cannot be named, three times in a period of less than 24 hours.'

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...jqSMplvUjaPL4p4oHCWevkvfo76ucO1d3U5WUqk22RRMI

Is it likely those who have been named are either witnesses or are no longer high priority POI's? There really are very few Benaroon Dr residents who haven't been named in one way or another. Other than being a potential suspect, is there any other obvious reasons why his name would be withheld?

Do you think it is likely that Spedding has been sitting at the first round of the inquest with his lawyer because he is a lower priority POI or a witness? I don't. I think this man still has a lot to answer and is still way up there on the list.

Paul Savage may be a witness or someone who also has a lot to answer, with his lawyer's help, of course.

Didn't someone here say that an unnamed POI is expected to appear at the next stage of the inquest? This could be the neighbour whose house was searched three times in less than 24 hours. imo

Yes here is the link about an unnamed person, Morrisa posted it earlier in this thread in post #171 ....

"Some names on that list have been previously released by police but sources say one so-far unidentified person will be watched closely when they are called in front of the inquest.
The person in question is said to be a man who has never been publicly discussed or known to be the focus of the investigation, The Sun-Herald reported.
He is reportedly expected to be the focus of the inquest."
New person of interest expected to take centre stage at William Tyrrell inquest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads