Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
T
I hope your pain is better these days Warshawki :)

Thanks Doc. I'm pleased to report that I'm able to walk again; even get a 'heel' on
The difference is incredible and I'm so grateful to have quality of life back. . . my Boss at work said 'Wow, how good to see that smile again!
My surgeon was / is amazing. 8 hrs in surgery because he wouldn't give up on anything, even with road blocks. Anyone in Qld with a need, PM me.

But this isn't about me. The pain for all who cared about William must be beyond comprehension, and must be put to rest.

I do feel things are suddenly coming to a head.
As frustrating as the Enquiry was , there's been a lot of 'stuff' made Public.
Hopefully it'll tweek other memories.

IMO the reason it was so suddenly cut short was due to the sudden query re photo date / time stamp

@Freddo Frog
There's a song by Leonard Cohen called "Hallelujah" which was popularised by k.d. lang: the chorus would be good for a choir to sing because it's pretty simple. One of the witnesses at the inquest said the song brought her to tears (or something along those lines), and this k.d. lang song could do that - it's melancholy and stirring. I think if I heard a whole choir of children singing it I'd be bawling, put it that way.

I am very familiar with that one, especially considering I love Jeff Buckley and his live version, but I highly doubt Cohen's lyrics would be suitable for primary school-aged children...

Well I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Well your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to her kitchen chair
And she broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
But baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Well there was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do ya
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
And it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Source: LyricFind

...and Jeff Buckley. :)

Oh his long-held, high "ooooooolah" note towards the end brings me shivers every single time. I love his version just a smidge more than Lang's. My favourite version is on the Live at Olympia album, I even made a detour through Olympia on our driving trip through the east coast of the US specifically to see where he played.

NoCookies | The Australian

This is a really old article ... from 2015... but quite extensive and takes the reader back to the beginning.... and I found it is a useful refresher...

One thing to note is that BS mate Col actually said in the interview, that “the Spedding’s had coffee AFTER the the assembly” ....????

Some interesting and insightful thoughts by Jubes...

Also lists the names of Detectives.... working long hours on the case... that have not yet been called to give evidence... ones that were there at the beginning ...

Enjoy reading if you find it useful to go back... if not just ignore... as I’m sure most of you have read it before...
Thanks SLouTh (can I call you SL :)

It was a good refresher. Noted also the AFTER, also the part where Col says 'The only time I seen him real upset was when they nabbed him and took him and Margaret in for an interview'
Yet in the walk through we very recently saw with Marg, she corrected herself & said to the effect 'well they took Bill, they talked with me in the house' - when they were So Shocked at what happened to Them.
Any thought about what happened to a little Boy ?!

I'm not saying they're responsible, but it's my opinion that their lack of empathy for the true victim, has done them & their cause no good.
I understand it's been tuff for them but they could've held their heads high, accepted the enquiries & praised police for doing their job, instead of suing them - IMO

Reality is that justice comes to ALL - eventually.
This Will Be Solved.

Is it only 2 witnesses to collaborate WS alibi at the school assembly???
Pathetic!!!

I'm not implying any guilt but surely the inquest can do better than one witness stating the song hallelujah was sung that day and the only other person being a person who was a previous FB friend of WS (not after william went missing).

How easy would it be to say - ok..just say you saw me the day they sang Hellelujiah.

Not saying that happened.

They need more witnesses....surely a woman in pain was noticed, with a sympathetic partner in tow??.
I have my doubts it’s been verified at all. It’s all very strange the way the inquest was conducted
No cross examinations or anything of that nature.
I think we will see some progress on the case before the next inquest date.

Last edited:
Thanks SLouTh (can I call you SL :)

It was a good refresher. Noted also the AFTER, also the part where Col says 'The only time I seen him real upset was when they nabbed him and took him and Margaret in for an interview'
Yet in the walk through we very recently saw with Marg, she corrected herself & said to the effect 'well they took Bill, they talked with me in the house' - when they were So Shocked at what happened to Them.
Any thought about what happened to a little Boy ?!

I'm not saying they're responsible, but it's my opinion that their lack of empathy for the true victim, has done them & their cause no good.
I understand it's been tuff for them but they could've held their heads high, accepted the enquiries & praised police for doing their job, instead of suing them - IMO

Reality is that justice comes to ALL - eventually.
This Will Be Solved.
And as the old saying goes "walk a mile in their shoes"

Pro bono, I imagine it will be settled out of court, he will pay all bills, including Medicare, travel, legals and he might be lucky to pocket $100,000.
Unless it is ruled the Govt. pay costs.

If he is innocent & wasn’t even there, it’s been a horrendous ride & I think he does deserve some compensation.

If you are compensated then any Govt. money like Medicare will be returned. That can be psychologists, medications and any assessments for proof of mental anguish due to the incident.
IMO.
I was thinking that TGY, but it's usually those wanting to build their profile that do Pro Bono (IMO ?) and I thought Peter O'Brien would be well past that.... maybe he enjoys certain challenges ? Who knows the whims of others ..

I have my doubts it’s been verified at all. It’s all very strange the way the inquest was conducted
IMO there were far more witnesses as we dont know how many gave evidence in closed court.

Hadn't they had a holiday to Bali recently? Bali is two hours ahead of us timewise. If the last time the camera had been used was in Bali it would still show Bali time when turned on then adjust itself.

Bali is two hours behind us.

Problem with that theory though is the times of the photo are not two hours apart, they are 2 hours and 2 minutes apart which means the times are the exact reverse of each other. That’s rather odd in my opinion.

7.39 v 9.37

Yes, I don't believe his non-involvement has been proved sufficiently to satisfy many people.

Until a perp is arrested - and if it is found to not be him - he will be under suspicion by many people. That is unfortunate for him, if he is not guilty of William's abduction. But all the lawsuits in the world are not going to clear his name. imo

Last edited:
Truckie talks about the car and lady in here

Ray Hadley: Desperate search for missing boy

Why haven't we heard from the Truckie ? ( closed court ?) how many more do we wonder / presume 'closed court evidence' ?
The people who reported speeding cars
Those who heard crying in caravan park
The children's schools / kindie re early leave or suspicious activity
Employers of FP, colleagues of FP
BGM
BGParents on all sides
Rellies on all sides

IMO, it all needs to be re-examined, or why waste any time or resources

Bali is two hours behind us.

Problem with that theory though is the times of the photo are not two hours apart, they are 2 hours and 2 minutes apart which means the times are the exact reverse of each other. That’s rather odd in my opinion.

7.39 v 9.37

That is assuming the Bali time (or our time) was not two minutes difference in error.

Last edited:
Why haven't we heard from the Truckie ? ( closed court ?) how many more do we wonder / presume 'closed court evidence' ?
The people who reported speeding cars
Those who heard crying in caravan park
The children's schools / kindie re early leave or suspicious activity
Employers of FP, colleagues of FP
BGM
BGParents on all sides
Rellies on all sides

IMO, it all needs to be re-examined, or why waste any time or resources

I believe that the black car with heavy set woman that the truckie saw was determined by police to be not involved. I just posted the link a few pages back. It was posted a long time ago by makara.

Carry on from Slouths article..from rs (son) He says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up GOING THERE (award ceremony) rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.....did he ph,i think he stated he rung and couldnt get fg....so he had planned to go in the morning..WHY if part wasnt there till the afternoon and 2nd part on Friday??.....ms did ask abt will from clairvoyant according to collin......All i can see is bs should be suing his family

lol 64 - they've done him no favours for sure!

I'm trying to think of scenarios - wouldn't you think you'd get stories straight if being told 'listen mate, they might ask you ....'

If that didn't happen, then these others should be on th stand also - IMO

That is assuming the Bali time (or our time) was not two minutes difference in error.

My devices update via the servers' times. Two of my devices are one minute different from each other.

The times are controlled by the individual servers. There is not one universal place that they all feed from. Right now my PC says 9:05pm, and my phone says 9:04pm.

The service provider would be the same unless they used a local SIM card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member