Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why the minimum 16 years sentence (meaning probably a 25 year sentence imo) either.
If that is what your post is driving at.

Although the NSW laws do allow for a hard 25 years for pedos these days, and maybe he was fairly sentenced under that harsher provision - maybe as a repeat offender.
No, it hadn't occurred to me to cavil that the sentence was excessive. Going by FA's alleged history, the crimes may have been at the most serious end of the spectrum, with few mitigating features. I wouldn't have thought parole would be set 9 years before the maximum in such a case. (Not that I'd know.)

"Nowadays"--since when? It's probably not retrospective.

What are thoughts on why the info regarding FA was released yesterday when the inquest wrapped up almost a whole week prior to that? Why wouldn’t reporters be all over this info last week, or was this info strategically shared with media this week?
What day of the inquest was GO questioned about FA?

No, it hadn't occurred to me to cavil that the sentence was excessive. Going by FA's alleged history, the crimes may have been at the most serious end of the spectrum, with few mitigating features. I wouldn't have thought parole would be set 9 years before the maximum in such a case. (Not that I'd know.)

"Nowadays"--since when? It's probably not retrospective.

I think the law toughened up on pedos about 5 (?) years ago, in NSW. iirc

From memory, they listed tougher penalties and added a clause that precedent need not be observed. Something like that.

What are thoughts on why the info regarding FA was released yesterday when the inquest wrapped up almost a whole week prior to that? Why wouldn’t reporters be all over this info last week, or was this info strategically shared with media this week?
Maybe coroner had granted a suppression order and then media lodged a successful argument against it.

Owen testified on August 22nd. Two weeks ago.

Maybe coroner had granted a suppression order and then media lodged a successful argument against it.

Good thinking :cool: I would imagine that the winning media would have included that in the segment to sensationalise the info further - police didn’t want us to know etc

Interesting that The Australian hasn't reported on it.

10 News has, 9 News has, AAP has (and consequently lots of smaller media publications have).

No big splash in The Australian. I guess maybe it is not FP related enough.

Interesting that The Australian hasn't reported on it.

10 News has, 9 News has, AAP has (and consequently lots of smaller media publications have).

No big splash in The Australian. I guess maybe it is not FP related enough.

I thought the same thing, & makes me thing even more that this info could have been shared directly with a selected media person for whatever reason, has the Australian ever reported on other media’s “findings” in this case?

I thought the same thing, & makes me thing even more that this info could have been shared directly with a selected media person for whatever reason, has the Australian ever reported on other media’s “findings” in this case?

I don't really know the answer to that question, but it seems to me that - in the past - they always reported on every development.

I am interested to hear about the tone of the upcoming Missing William Tyrrell book - I doubt very much I will actually buy it.

Agree, but he should of been on LE's radar big time like the other POI's that were investigated and any connections FA might have had with the known offenders in this case IMO.
He certainly sounds like one scary piece of work that's for sure.
He may well have been on their radar since the beginning... it seems to me that police have been putting significant pressure on him since William's disappearance.

In my mind this could be for the following reasons:
A) There are suspicions he is in involved in WT's disappearance

B) He's not directly involved but there are suspicions that he might know who is

C) They need to investigate him thoroughly in the same way other POIs have been to categorically rule out involvement

MOO

Do
I don't really know the answer to that question, but it seems to me that - in the past - they always reported on every development.

I am interested to hear about the tone of the upcoming Missing William Tyrrell book - I doubt very much I will actually buy it.
To be honest. The majors are ruining podcasts etc. IMO they are no longer natural thoughts and investigations it's all tied up with making breaking news....

He may well have been on their radar since the beginning... it seems to me that police have been putting significant pressure on him since William's disappearance.

In my mind this could be for the following reasons:
A) There are suspicions he is in involved in WT's disappearance

B) He's not directly involved but there are suspicions that he might know who is

C) They need to investigate him thoroughly in the same way other POIs have been to categorically rule out involvement

MOO
Putting pressure on him? By charging him with crimes against children for which he was ultimately found guilty? What would you have expected them to do about that, if they weren't putting pressure on him because of William?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper