Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole WS thing is still playing in the back of my mind, so much noise for so much silence...

I think that surprise visit means that it wasn’t previously scheduled. That maybe the family hadn’t planned to come until Christmas, but as grandma wasn’t well and was on her own now, they rang her and said “Look mum, we’re going to come up for a long weekend next weekend, is that okay? We’d like to do a few things around the house for you, do the laundry, get some groceries for you, freeze a few meals, let the kids run around and play.”

I’m not sure that a family of four would just arrive completely unannounced on an unwell person’s doorstep and say “Surprise!”

And it could be why grandma was trying to get the washing machine fixed that week when she was feeling unwell.

I shouldn't laugh - but the way you put it with the "Surprise" just cracked me up

Finally caught up lol!

So I mentioned this in thread 1 and I wanted to touch on it again because the other day while I was outside, I played a game with myself to see what I could recall from what I saw 5 minutes earlier. So while my hubby was working away I basically just did normal things while paying attention to what was driving down my street or the street I can see from my front yard. After 5 minutes or so I thought to myself, okay what did I see drive past? Honestly for the life of me, I could not recall anything except one car but that was only because it kept doing loops of my street and another. The point I am trying to make here is that unless someone in a vehicle was doing something out of the ordinary (like driving loops like the car I mentioned) you probably wouldn't remember them later on. So when the police questioned neighbours (or even mum and grandma) about if they saw anyone or anything, they may have seen a car but might not remember now (I hope that makes sense).

Honestly, I am getting to the point where I think it was a :ufo: because how else does a 3YO just vanish into thin air...

Yep, welcome to our world! Seriously though, where I am (in a rural area), it's the total opposite. Everybody knows everybody (and everybody's business) and if the slightest thing out of the ordinary happens (not even out of the ordinary actually), everyone's like, "so what who's car was that in front of your place last night ..." Yes, I know, it's quite pathetic really, a bit like Neighbours on the tv.

For example, the day before yesterday, there were some kids playing out the front that we'd never heard before. So everyone goes out and has a sticky beak to see who they are and where they're from. Another time my partner and I went out and noticed a "strange" car in the street. It was still there when we got home, so he went off to find out who it belongs to. I guess it depends on the community. (Or maybe we're just particularly peculiar round here).

Or a trailbike down the dirt tracks hidden in the bushes then on foot..

Yes, but I think you'd remember a trail bike in the area. They are sooooooooo loud and soooooooo damn annoying!

If you were looking for a random kid to steal and abuse, why sit waiting in an area without many kids, with big huge properties, with limited get-away accessibility, with the chance to be seen from windows? People can steal your wallet because there are lots of people (otherwise, you would be leary of anyone even coming that close to your person).

It had to be targeted. Whoever took William was determined to get William. VERY determined.

Yes, but I think you'd remember a trail bike in the area. They are sooooooooo loud and soooooooo damn annoying!

I was wondering if mountain bikes were popular there too.......it wouldn't take much to whisk tyke away off into the forest.

The someone I was referring to was a potential abductor, who can be on that bush track in under a minute. It is very easy to not see someone come from a hiding spot and disappear into a bush track in 60 seconds with your attention elsewhere. My point about the wallet is simply that you can be unaware of things happening right under your nose with your attention diverted elsewhere. The person with the wallet only has to be melting into the crowd when you realise it is gone and you will not see them - the abductor only has to have some trees and scrub blocking your view of them, or be down the curved road on the blind side, when you begin to scout around for William in the immediate vicinity. It is feasible in the timeframe that they could be very near or in a car 500 metres away in the cemetery carpark or Batar Creek rd if they acted quickly, before his family even wondered where W had got to. I do agree in general that wandering off and coming to harm from the family are more likely statistically, but being abducted without witnesses in a small timeframe is far from implausible given the location. I mean seriously, it is an almost ideal location, a bush track escape route that leads to what you have to assume is a largely unused carpark, mere metres from an unfenced yet leafy garden in a quiet street where you know the neighbours and it is reasonable to let children run about.

I still hope that someone who loves William was just hoping to get a glimpse and took him on impulse, and he will eventually be found safe.

My apologies - I thought you were referring to William. Yes, it is feasible, I just don't think it's very likely and don't see it as an ideal location unless it was something that was meticulously planned from someone the family knew (of which so far there has been no evidence) with details of William and his family's movements, or a totally random WTF episode that happens once in a blue moon, whereby someone who is inclined to snatch small boys happens to be at that precise place at that precise time.

Your last sentence was interesting. I agree - in that sense it would be better that he was abducted, as he may have a chance of still being alive - not a great one, but one nonetheless.

I'm sorry, I've had a long day ... I started to write something, but thought better of it. I had a vision in my head.

Yes, I suppose that is possible. A good way of luring him away, "want to come for a ride on my new bike?"

I was wondering if mountain bikes were popular there too.......it wouldn't take much to whisk tyke away off into the forest.

I agree. I did raise this possibility a while back where a trail bike could have been ridden quietly along one of the tracks near Benaroon Drive. William could have been grabbed and then seated on the bike and the bike then pushed for a certain distance before starting it up again. There was the guy mowing his lawn at the time of William's disappearance and IMO that could have concealed a certain amount of noise. The trail bike could even sound like a lawn mower if it was running slowly. If this was the case though, it would mean that it was a targeted abduction, not simply a random bike ride in the bush and "oh there's a little kid, I'm gonna grab him."

I have been thinking about the photo's that were published by the media when the Spedding property was being searched.
Particularly the one looking under the house through the door.
It just seems that those images would have been released by the police. imo

The tape was up and wouldn't that mean the media are not allowed beyond that tape?

I think that surprise visit means that it wasn’t previously scheduled. That maybe the family hadn’t planned to come until Christmas, but as grandma wasn’t well and was on her own now, they rang her and said “Look mum, we’re going to come up for a long weekend next weekend, is that okay? We’d like to do a few things around the house for you, do the laundry, get some groceries for you, freeze a few meals, let the kids run around and play.”

I’m not sure that a family of four would just arrive completely unannounced on an unwell person’s doorstep and say “Surprise!”

And it could be why grandma was trying to get the washing machine fixed that week when she was feeling unwell.

My thoughts from the very first media release I read saying about the visit to Kendall being a 'surprise' and nobody knowing that WT and his family were going away.
At that time, in the first days of WTs disappearance, we knew nothing of the washing machine repair line of enquiry, and there wasn't such emphasis on the complicated family background, so just going by how I assume most families would go about taking a few days away, I thought (all IMHO)
1. It's a fairly long drive with two little kids, so you would be letting the person who you plan to drop in on know that you're coming and roughly what time you expect to arrive. Having two kids who will probably need to eat/ get changed/ possibly nap/ excited to see grandma, plus parents who may be exhausted after a long drive and looking forward to a cuppa with grandma... Would you really want to turn up and nobody is home or to have to wake grandma up from having a nap
2. We knew grandma had recently been unwell. If we were talking about a daughter on her own going to visit her recovering mum, then I can imagine doing it as a total surprise. But to arrive with you kids, I feel it would be common courtesy to give the grandma some kind of notice.
3. Taking a few days away takes some element of planning for most families. Letting work/ daycare/ school know possibly. I take it to mean it was a 'surprise' as in it was a plan thrown together at short notice as opposed to a family holiday that had been months in planning.
4. This may be a personal practice of mine so maybe no applicable to WTs family, but if I decided to pack some bags and put two children in the car and drive a reasonable distance from home and planned to be gone for more than a night, I would let someone know my plans. It's just common sense safety these days.

<modsnip>

IMO, 'surprise visit' and 'nobody knowing' about the visit to grandmas was MSM embellishing.

I have been thinking about the photo's that were published by the media when the Spedding property was being searched.
Particularly the one looking under the house through the door.
It just seems that those images would have been released by the police. imo

The tape was up and wouldn't that mean the media are not allowed beyond that tape?

Although, they do have out of the ordinary cameras/ lens attachments. If the photos were taken by MSM they surely would have been taken from behind police tape. But I would think they would need full permission to print and run the stories they ran on WS.. So in any case, it seems likely that regardless of who the photographer was, media and LE were playing nicely together

O/T

Police search for girl, 6, who went missing from Brisbane school

An abduction alert was issued by Queensland Police about 6.25pm, saying the girl is “believed to have been taken from an educational facility on the corner of Anthony and Massey streets, Ascot” and that the girl “may be at risk”.

It is believed the girl went missing from Ascot State School about 1.30pm.

Police officers have searched the school and have been door-knocking homes in the area.

The girl is believed to be in prep.

She is described as being of a slim build with a fair complexion. She has blue eyes and shoulder-length blonde hair.

She was wearing a dark blue button-up school shirt that has a red and yellow stripe on it and blue shorts, red socks and one black shoe. She was wearing a red and blue bow in her hair.

pic on the QldPol FB page

https://www.facebook.com/Queensland...39665603253/10153171163693254/?type=1&theater

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-brisbane-school/story-fnn8dlfs-1227213781973

B9Y7ST1CAAAJfZ2.png

OMG ... no. :( What a darling little girl. One black shoe. Was the other lost and left during the abduction? Please let her be found soon. :please:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-brisbane-school/story-fnn8dlfs-1227213781973

Eeek! Is it a custody-related abduction? I hope so!

Could she have done a runner and now be scared and hiding somewhere or did someone see the abduction happen? One year at my daughter's school (this was before she started there, so years ago now) a kindy (that's first year of school in nsw) kid took off during lunch through an open gate and got himself on a train and got himself off two stops away! I believe station staff called the school when they saw him on the station alone and in his school uniform. I wasn't told if school staff were aware at the time he'd gone missing, only what he did. Hence now, they are really strict about gates remaining shut and only certain gates being used for access!

:( "May be at risk"... well I hope that means they have a fair idea of who has her!

Yes, but they could of parked it near the cemetary or something and gone on foot!

I really hope so. I hope the "may" is a good sign too, ie even if they know its a custody thing there is no previous history of any kind of violence or anything?

Gosh I hope they find her very, very soon.

The last thing I want to hear is that she disappeared into thin air like William!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee