Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To us maybe, but less so the police. They would sift through fact from fiction - it's the media that tend to get it wrong. You'd be surprised what's going on behind the scenes that we're unaware of.

:yes: the police would have all the facts. Nothing is being kept secret from them, I am sure. They are simply bound by strict confidentiality, except where releasing info to the public serves a purpose to them, and if the release is legally allowed of course.

They are busy sifting through the hundreds of bits of information mentioned in the Current Affair video posted by Amee above. And the investigative squads will be utilising their experience, knowledge, profiling, informants, real-time and internet surveillance, and every other tool that they have to get to the bottom of William's disappearance.

To us maybe, but less so the police. They would sift through fact from fiction - it's the media that tend to get it wrong. You'd be surprised what's going on behind the scenes that we're unaware of.
But have they 110% established the correct facts from the get go. I still believe someone was underestimated from the start and crucial evidence was missed.

Watching the Current Affair article, I can't see a tiny 3 yr old having the courage to walk amongst the thick bush surrounding the home. I know my 4yr old who is active, adventurous and likes to hide....would not walk into thick scrub like that as fear kicks straight in

I can't see how it's possible an abductor took him without being noticed.

So it comes back to the start, someone is telling lies or it's a neighbour

Been said many times LE were a little too close and someone from another department should of handled it....MOO

I agree.. we're talking about a little 3 year old here.. getting scratched, costume likely tearing, realizing he doesn't know where he is and he can't see his sister or the house.. he would undoubtedly be SCREAMING.. he would have been heard screaming.. I don't think it would take long for a 3 year old to realize he's lost, scratched, and scared to pieces, and the first thing he'd do is cry and scream. Yet silence, and no trace of red bits of the uniform.. no trace of his scent, no nothing. For months.

But have they 110% established the correct facts from the get go. I still believe someone was underestimated from the start and crucial evidence was missed.

Watching the Current Affair article, I can't see a tiny 3 yr old having the courage to walk amongst the thick bush surrounding the home. I know my 4yr old who is active, adventurous and likes to hide....would not walk into thick scrub like that as fear kicks straight in

Been said many times LE were a little too close and someone from another department should of handled it....MOO

I don't believe he wandered into the bush. If he did he would have been dead within the week and there is no way even a human (never mind a trained dog) would not pick up on the smell. We have sheep die on our property and after only a day or two you can smell them from over a km away. Also our non trained dogs will find them within 30 minutes if they are within 1000 acres. I'm absolutely certain that he didn't wander off without later human intervention.

SOME old people mean well but become strange in their old age. Was there any aged people around the area?

Reports say the terrain around Benaroon Drive is very steep and rocky. I hear what you're saying about if William had died in the bush BUT then I think of Gary Tweedle in the Blue Mountains in NSW.
He'd fallen down an escarpment and several months later a chopper spotted his body in a tree so in hindsight dogs or odour would be hard to detect because he was kinda far out away.

Sometimes, I'm thinking he was grabbed and then I think could it be something more simple.

Like Gary Tweedle, William might be right under their very noses.
I know the terrain is nothing like the Blue Mountains but reports say it's thick and very steep.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-...ns-confirmed-to-be-missing-man-gary-t/4936008

'If you take out the small dirt track off Benaroon Drive, which winds several hundred metres up to a cemetery where William's grandfather is buried, or another dirt track that meanders up another side of a ridge, the street is the only way in and out.

And the walk up both tracks is steep. Very steep".

Had William been up to the cemetery and thought he knew the way?

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2666642/william-tyrell-how-a-boy-vanished-into-thin-air/

Re posting this Story from A Current Affair Sept 24th.

How can a three-year-old boy simply just disappear?

On A Current Affair, we take you inside the heartbreaking search for little William Tyrell

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8910603/inside-the-search-for-missing-william-tyrell

Very interesting. So they've basically said, he couldn't have wandered off with no trace, and he couldn't have been abducted because someone would have seen or heard something. So what does that leave? Aliens?

Interesting also that for the supposed 5 minutes he was missing, the grandmother had a vantage point at the back, and the mother had a vantage point at the front of the house, yet neither saw or heard anything.

Very interesting. So they've basically said, he couldn't have wandered off with no trace, and he couldn't have been abducted because someone would have seen or heard something. So what does that leave? Aliens?

Interesting also that for the supposed 5 minutes he was missing, the grandmother had a vantage point at the back, and the mother had a vantage point at the front of the house, yet neither saw or heard anything.

The area is tree filled. You could probably be out of sight in 10 seconds from a person at a fixed point like a window or a seat on a balcony.

I don't know why people are so resistant to the idea that someone could have taken him unseen and unheard. I understand that kind of necessitates an abductor who was laying in wait, maybe just to grab a glimpse, maybe with the plan to take the child(ren) if they could. But as far as logistics go, I don't think it was particularly difficult for someone to be out of sight in the timeframe suggested. People can steal your wallet bumping into you on the train without you realising. They can certainly be out of your sight in seconds in a house surrounded by trees especially if you don't know you should be looking.

i absolutely agree and have thought this from the start.
too many coincidences, the photo just before he disappeared, father leaving just before he disappeared, the neighbour going out, the empty house next door, the emphasised surprise visit, no scent beyond the boundary etc etc.
i also feel the person/s responsible have been overlooked and he could be hidden so near, dead or alive, just trying to link where spedding may fit into this?

The area is tree filled. You could probably be out of sight in 10 seconds from a person at a fixed point like a window or a seat on a balcony.

I don't know why people are so resistant to the idea that someone could have taken him unseen and unheard. I understand that kind of necessitates an abductor who was laying in wait, maybe just to grab a glimpse, maybe with the plan to take the child(ren) if they could. But as far as logistics go, I don't think it was particularly difficult for someone to be out of sight in the timeframe suggested. People can steal your wallet bumping into you on the train without you realising. They can certainly be out of your sight in seconds in a house surrounded by trees especially if you don't know you should be looking.

Firstly, the "someone" was a 3 year old child. A 3 year old who was in unfamiliar surroundings, being watched over by a mother and grandmother, wearing a highly conspicuous outfit, full of 3 year old energy and jest. Children of that age don't have the capacity to sit still, or to be quiet for any lengthy period of time, unless they are asleep, and they don't have a developed attention span, in fact they don't have very much developed at all, in comparison to adults. Given William was in unfamiliar territory, surrounded by bush, is even more reason that his caregivers in all probability would have been watching him more carefully to ensure he didn't wander off, get bitten by a snake, or whatever.

Secondly, given the nature of the location, with houses in sight, it would be highly unlikely no-one at all would have witnessed or heard something unusual such as a car. In fact, most especially being such a quiet neighbourhood - people notice when something is "different" in their street. Further, neighbours who are not used to having small children in their street, tend to take more notice when they are there (because it is different or unusual).

Thirdly, someone stealing your wallet by bumping into you on a train not even remotely similar to this scenario.

My point is, both plausible scenarios are becoming more and more implausible. I am only able to think of two cases where a child in that age group has been abducted during broad daylight hours from their residence who wasn't personally involved in some way with the child. One instance was from an apartment block, and the other from the front yard of a house - both from neighbours, who were drug users and had mental problems, in very different demographics. It didn't take the police long to ascertain who the culprits were. Children of that age group are usually abducted from their place of abode during the early hours of the morning, when everyone is asleep, as there is less chance of being caught. The police themselves are at a total loss to explain how no-one could have seen or heard anything, just as they are at a lost that they has been no evidence gleaned from the search, in either the abduction scenario, or the wandering off scenario. As a few people have pointed out, it would be very unusual for no evidence whatsoever to be found, such as fragments of material from his spiderman suit, or a lack of scent being picked up.

I think some people are only resistant to the idea because it is so unlikely - not that it couldn't have happened. Obviously something untoward happened to William, as we only have the 2 scenarios to work with, it could be either.

Im not surprised any which way. I t wouldnt surprise me if he wandered off, got abducted <modsnip> After seeing case after case of missing persons the surprise factor really isnt there anymore.
1. Wandering off : i wandered off when i was 4. Left my bike at the end of the driveway(because that was my boundary set by mum and dad) to follow my much older brother into town to collect the fish and chips for dinner. I went the wrong way. Headed out of town and was picked up by my dad in a frantic state. He dragged me through the drivers side window becausr i was so distraught over being lost i was clawing at the car noone could open their door. I remember running away but not being such a wreck. My mum told me she coukdnt talk about it for years because it was such an emotionally distressing thing for her to go through she was traumatised. I was only gone for 20 minutes! This makes me realise what this poor family must be going through!
2. Before the above scenario i was riding my bike up and down the driveway and it woukdve taken a stranger less than 10 seconds to take me against my will and dissappear. I also got a long way in 5 minutes and was asked by a motel owner if i was ok. I was savvy on stranger danger and told them i was with my brother even though i was scared i remember that clearly. In that 5 minute stretch ANYONE could have overpowered me and taken me.
3. Well, we all know te statistics of family and child abductions.

This could go any one way. Im leaning towards stranger intervention or an opportunistic abduction possibly someone known because i know how quick it can happen. How quick a child can dissappear from site and how a child who has good sense can still wander.

From the photo of William, grandma was sitting with her back to the house, her back to the side of the house that William ran to. Her vision would have been limited to the house uphill, the back of the carport, and what she could see of the backyard when looking sideways.

659600-feea6278-3af7-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

2a62ltt.png

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ses-to-lose-hope/story-fni0cx12-1227057659787
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ing-sydney-family-holiday#Z50Puu9o6fbEvYUj.99

And we know how limited the view from the kitchen is. Driveway, front lawn, directly across the road, perhaps the house up the hill. Especially when viewed by a mum who is wandering around the kitchen preparing the tea, perhaps nipping to the bathroom while she is in, pouring some juice for the children, grabbing the biccies.

So what does that leave? The downhill side of the house. The part William ran to. Exactly the part of the house that no-one in the family was watching.

From the photo of William, grandma was sitting with her back to the house, her back to the side of the house that William ran to. Her vision would have been limited to the house uphill, the back of the carport, and what she could see of the backyard when looking sideways.

659600-feea6278-3af7-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

2a62ltt.png

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ses-to-lose-hope/story-fni0cx12-1227057659787
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ing-sydney-family-holiday#Z50Puu9o6fbEvYUj.99

And we know how limited the view from the kitchen is. Driveway, front lawn, directly across the road, perhaps the house up the hill. Especially when viewed by a mum who is wandering around the kitchen preparing the tea, perhaps nipping to the bathroom while she is in, pouring some juice for the children, grabbing the biccies.

So what does that leave? The downhill side of the house. The part William ran to. Exactly the part of the house that no-one could see. Then down the road, or into a house, or into a vehicle, or through the bush from there.

Yes, very good points. The frustrating aspect is that nobody saw or heard anything. No-one can vanish without leaving some sort of story - you would think. I can understand why the police are so frustrated.

Yes, very good points. The frustrating aspect is that nobody saw or heard anything. No-one can vanish without leaving some sort of story - you would think. I can understand why the police are so frustrated.

It is frustrating. But if William wasn't taken very far, at first, then taken away later at night .. or even while the search commenced.

It is unfortunate that road blocks weren't put up immediately, that vehicles entering and leaving the area weren't checked immediately, that houses weren't searched immediately.

Everyone was focused on finding a lost boy, everyone was asked to search their own properties, everyone was asked to drive to the showgrounds and congregate there for the organised search. Cars were driving around, people were wandering around, the media was arriving. It was semi-organised chaos for a while.

It is frustrating. But if William wasn't taken very far, at first, then taken away later at night .. or even while the search commenced.

It is unfortunate that road blocks weren't put up immediately, that vehicles entering and leaving the area weren't checked immediately, that houses weren't searched immediately.

Everyone was focused on finding a lost boy, everyone was asked to search their own properties, everyone was asked to drive to the showgrounds and congregate there for the organised search. Cars were driving around, people were wandering around, the media was arriving. It was semi-organised chaos for a while.

Now that is a good point. I hadn't even entertained that idea. Given that scenario, the question remains however, who? What was their motive?

Now that is a good point. I hadn't even entertained that idea. Given that scenario, the question remains however, who? What was their motive?

I hope it wasn't the worst motive that we can think of. But I just think it fits with one or two of the police investigations. When they dug up Fido a couple of times, and when they checked out Spedding so carefully and thoroughly (and publicly).

I keep thinking of the statistic that I read yesterday, that in stranger abductions the child is usually kept overnight, then transported 50+ miles away - if they are not killed within the first 3 hours (which is less common).

Yeah I agree. My 3yo son is a runner*. He's bold, and daring. But even when he runs off at full speed he always turns around and stops eventually. I'm terrible at guessing distances, but say if we're at the park that's next to an oval, he'll probably stop half way across the oval, maybe sometimes a bit further. If no-one is coming after him he comes back or stands and waits until someone starts up a game of chasies - either way, he won't let us get out of sight. He is still fully reliant on adults for everything - safety, care, comfort etc - and he knows it, even though he's a rough and tumble kid. But according to the family spokesperson who spoke in the earliest days, WT wasn't much of a runner at all.

BBM: I still think this is very possible too

*by runner I mean kid who will run off on you

Do police cars have dash-cams on them that run all the time?

Wonder if they can collect number-plates from cars in the area at first response.

Maybe the police did find clues in the yard or in the bush but they just aren't telling us. I remember they spent a lonnng time at the house, weeks I think, scouring the areas where William was last seen even after the big search was over.

Well, I reckon that they went through everything with a fine tooth comb. Look at the pile of what I presume to be leaf debris in this photo. As if they have possibly raked to sift through the fallen foliage under those trees that offer such great coverage on the corner of the block.

The article is from a week after William's disappearance. It also says they were hitting the CCTV as well as questioning the local drivers on the street at that time.

1411122861347.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...yrell-3-turns-up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html

Did the police check schools of any kids wagging school that day and riding towards or around the bush tracks.

I'm thinking of abduction and death of James Bulger in England when two older boys decided to 'get a kid', they led James out of the shopping centre and away.

CCTV cameras and a couple of witnesses in a very busy area realised how James died.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/young/bulger/2.html

Just another scenario to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members