Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don’t think it was planned either, Mrs G. Well, no more planned than someone seeing William running around for an hour or two and watching him, and perhaps watching him playing during the prior afternoon/evening as well, then taking their opportunity and grabbing him.

I think the perp lives in or visits the immediate area, and this was an opportunistic grab.

I hate thinking that, because it is a horrible consequence for little William, but I just don’t see anyone connected taking just one child. I think they would have taken both.

Thanks for bringing that up - I hadn't even thought of that. I had completely forgotten the fact that there were 2 small children running around.

The thing with that is... I don't think he is required to give a DNA sample unless they either have a warrant for it? Or unless he is already charged, at which time I believe they can demand it?
So.. if they do not have enough on him to charge and arrest him and then demand the DNA.. why even think about giving it to them willingly, when it could ultimately lead to charges and an arrest?

They can get DNA with a court order here. In Kylie Blackwood's case they are gathering DNA from everyone who was in town when she was murdered ... lots and lots of people. It is not that difficult for police to obtain a court order for it. So, you can give it willingly, or wait a day or two and have it taken.

Can someone tell me how old is Google street viewing in Benaroon Drive??

Just asking cause on street view house 30 ( Mrs Wilson's) has some sort of for sale sign out the front

I am wondering same thing, because it seems that JW's husband, RW, also was quoted in MSM.. so he must have been around also. That is not to say it was at the same time WT disappeared, but who knows?

was anyone else home at her place when she went out?

Wow, I am SO surprised that his thoughts are leaning that way. To me.. the earth moved and the stars aligned in perfect harmony for 5 minutes that day to provide someone, a sexual predator it would HAVE to be, with such luck of timing and location and means. I just can't see it. MOO

Yes deugirtni - I cannot see it either.
IMO there had to be some level of planning even if that was as simply as viewing what neighbours were home, locating and waiting to grab a child, where you were going to head once you had grabbed the unsupervised child.

Unplanned - may in fact be one of those other lines of inquiry that Insp Jubelin would not discuss.:thinking:

Just asking cause on street view house 30 ( Mrs Wilson's) has some sort of for sale sign out the front

Current street view is from 16/5/13. Date is at bottom of screen in Google Earth. EDIT: Oops .. it is the sat view that is from 2013. Street view is 2010, as Prime says.

11ghw5y.png

It says, street view, March 2010. Nearly 5 yrs old.

BenaroonDve.jpg

LYING IN WAIT

THE person who abducted toddler William Tyrell may have laid in wait until the nearby houses were empty before striking, a neighbour believes.
Judy Wilson, whose property adjoins William’s grandmother’s backyard, believes it may be more than just coincidence that the child disappeared only after she went to run errands in town.
She said someone could have been waiting for her to leave, potentially aware that the neighbour on the other side was also away.
“If someone was watching the house, they would’ve seen me leave and would’ve known the other neighbour was away,” she said
Her theory emerged as it was revealed that a second access point to the street could hold the key to cracking the case.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

Posting neighbour's theory.

I'm not sure how planned this was, but in my mind, an opportunistic moment is when a person abducts a child on the pure chance he/she has come across them.
Planning could be well in advance where William was definitely the intended target.
Planned could mean someone local/visiting, watching various children at play, waiting for the moment a child is alone.
Was William the intended victim or whichever child was left unattended? :thinking:

This is what is confusing me at the moment. Are the police now saying it's an opportunistic abduction, or planned? As you say, planned to me would indicate "planned".

So what are we now looking at?

(a) Someone known to William intentionally lying in wait;
(b) Someone who was out walking (say from the cemetery), came out at Benaroon Drive and just happened to see William and his sister playing at that precise time and nabbed him;
(c) Someone who had business in that street, i.e. a courier, repairman, Telstra, bin collectors, door to door salesmen (yes, I know they would have been mentioned - I'm just thinking out loud); or
(d) Someone living nearby or visiting someone in Benaroon Drive, who saw William and his sister arrive the day before and consequently hatched a plan to go back and abduct him.

Those are the only things I can think of pertaining to William being abducted. Are there any possible scenarios that I may be missing?

I am wondering same thing, because it seems that JW's husband, RW, also was quoted in MSM.. so he must have been around also. That is not to say it was at the same time WT disappeared, but who knows?

If JW's theory is correct.
The unknown person.
Knew the neighbour was away
Knew she had left her home
Knew WT"s father was not at home.
How?
imo

Yes deugirtni - I cannot see it either.
IMO there had to be some level of planning even if that was as simply as viewing what neighbours were home, locating and waiting to grab a child, where you were going to head once you had grabbed the unsupervised child.

Unplanned - may in fact be one of those other lines of inquiry that Insp Jubelin would not discuss.:thinking:
IMO if it was opportunistic it would of been someone looking at property for sale, delivery driver or a tourist on a Sunday Drive that just happened to be there at the right time when WT was possibly out the front of the house.

It was a Friday, resident's at work and who honestly looks out the Windows to watch every car that passes by. I live in a quiet street but I have no idea who has been and gone in my street....unless I'm directly out the front of my house

It says, street view, March 2010. Nearly 5 yrs old.

Yes, you are right Prime. It is the satellite view that is from 2013. I was just looking at that after I read your post. :)

Just edited my post. Thanks. :seeya:

Generally quite out of date (5 years or so) in Australia, particularly in smaller towns who might have only ever been captured once when Streetview was introduced to Australia.

IMO if it was opportunistic it would of been someone looking at property for sale, delivery driver or a tourist on a Sunday Drive that just happened to be there at the right time when WT was possibly out the front of the house.

It was a Friday, resident's at work and who honestly looks out the Windows to watch every car that passes by. I live in a quiet street but I have no idea who has been and gone in my street....unless I'm directly out the front of my house

How about semi-retired people, people on benefits like disability payments, people who had the day off, people who work 3 days a week ... I'm not counting out the residents. In fact, I feel very suspicious of some of them.

In MSM it was stated that the 21 other homes that were searched were in the immediate vicinity of Grandmother's house (BBM):

William Tyrrell was last seen wearing a Spider-Man costume and playing with his sister in the garden last September 12.

For weeks afterwards, hundreds of NSW police, the Rural Fire Service, State Emergency Service and locals searched the streets and surrounding bushland within a 10km radius, without result. Each of the 21 homes on the local estate was also searched.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227192655290

PS If you can't get the newspaper to open up for you at the link above, copy the text into your browser search and it should find the article and open up that way.

..... They have searched 21 other houses already, and they haven’t revealed who lives at those addresses. .....

Anything is possible: searchers
Local residents armed with torches spent the night searching for the boy.

"We've searched the drains on the road, but there was nothing there," said one woman who was with a group of friends.

The group then searched a nearby abandoned home after one of them heard noises.

"[A] neighbour used to live in this house but she's now in a nursing home so it's been abandoned for a while," she said.

"You know, anything's possible."

I'm still curious as to which house they were talking about, does anyone know?

BBM

Does anyone know anything about the violin competition that is held in Kendall every year? Apparently it was held on that weekend. I'm wondering if it's such a big event that Kendall have a lot of visitors for it - or if they have markets, etc to support it.

Also, I noticed on the topographical maps for the area, not far south of Benaroon Drive, there seems to be either a large property which has a number of buildings on it (such as sheds), or a few properties together. I found a business called "The Kendall RDA Centre", which is an osteo practice (I think), on the corner of Batar Creek Road and Cobb & Co Road. Wasn't there a report of someone asking directions on that morning for Batar Creek Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran