Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr -------- asked a question about whether Mr Jones used to chop firewood.

She said it wasn’t uncommon for a neighbour to use a chainsaw to chop wood.

Either that is poorly reported or she didn't really answer the question. Is she being evasive?
The more times I read this the more I read into it. Not only a strange question but an even stranger response. Who is the neighbour?

Yes, and the fact he wound it up quickly makes it sound like he was paranoid about someone seeing him there. Either that or he was waiting for another car to turn up and was checking to see who it was.

The more I think about it, who the heck drives to a lonely (but scenic) Park to sit there with fogged up windows? I can understand driving there to sit and look at the lake, but he can't have been doing that with foggy windows.
Wouldn't imagine, TJ of all men looking relaxed at a scenic lake so long, until the car windows became foggy, alone. Never ever, MOO. Which lake is it; does it have a name? Did the lake get searched by divers? Would it have been possible at all (searching for a body)? Did another car turn up (as you mentioned already)? - Verrry interesting and suspicious, this part of TJ's timeline. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't imagine, TJ of all men looking relaxed at a scenic lake so long, until the car windows became foggy, alone. Never ever, MOO. Which lake is it; does it have a name? Did the lake get searched by divers? Would it have been possible at all (searching for a body)? Did another car turn up (as you mentioned already)? - Verrry interesting and suspicious, this part of TJ's timeline. IMO

Henry Kendall Reserve in Laurieton is the location …
Definitely worth a look on Google Earth.....

Last edited:
Will Frank Abbott’s testimony be in closed court?
I am most interested in what he says he was doing that morning.

Mr Abbott’s name came to police attention during the Tyrrell investigation because he would go on after the Harrison trial to commit sexual offences against young boys”.

“He was living rough near a timber yard in the area, in 2014 when William disappeared, so he did not have much of an alibi. Strikeforce detectives ordered a search of that area”.

“Frank Abbott, aged seventy eight, is currently serving time in NSW prison for a string of assaults against young boys”.

Caroline Overington - Missing William Tyrrell - Chapter 8.

Last edited:
It seems we will be hearing from more about the Jones connection at the inquest tomorrow.....

It's expected Dwayne Gardoll, the Jones' son, will be called on Tuesday as will Tony Jones.

The morning William vanished, September 12, Jones left the home unusually early, his ex-wife told the coroner.
"He left early that morning saying he was going out to do scrapping with our son, Dwayne," she said.

But, Mrs Jones said, her son turned up on her doorstep just a few hours later.
"I asked him where his father was," she said.
"I said 'he was going to your place because you had a big job that day'. He said he didn't know anything about it and he hasn't seen his father at all."

Instead her son told her to turn on the television because the news was talking about a boy missing from nearby Kendall.

More from the article here...
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Hmmm.. who else was in Laurieton that morning?
Can you jog my memory - Who are we referring to here??? Please.....
Was there a gathering of POI's in Laurieton that morning??
I know Owen and Abbott were in Kendal that morning....

Last edited:
I know its a small country area …… but what are the chances of the Sharpe's making a phone call to Jones on the very day William went missing?????? Coincidence???? Or Suspicious??? JMO
What are the chances there were two young boys dressed in spiderman costumes on Ron Chapman's street in the morning of September 12th, 2014? Not to mention that both were perhaps in vehicles, perhaps travelling a little too quickly, and perhaps both boys untethered?

For all we know, Sharpe may have been calling TJ on a regular basis to ask for the hook and chain to be returned? We know reporters leave out all of the details so any comments spoken will be 'juicier' and perhaps garner more readers/subscriptions. imo.

Is it possible that FA, rather than being an assumed suspect, might have information remembered from that day about goings-on at the sawmill near where he lived? ie may have seen certain vehicles or people and heard or saw certain activities being carried out?

stormyseas said:
Hmmm.. who else was in Laurieton that morning?

Can you jog my memory - Who are we referring to here??? Please.....
Was there a gathering of POI's in Laurieton that morning??
I know Owen and Abbott were in Kendal that morning....
Wasn't MFC said to have been in Laurieton that morning? I know there was some confusion about whether it was specifically Lakewood or Laurieton or whether Lakewood was a subdivision of Laurieton, etc? See article below reporting on FFC's inquest testimony.

Mostly I believe that some here are unable to let go of Spedding as a potential suspect and of course, we know he was in Laurieton that morning at Buzz Cafe and his grandkids' school assembly. imo.

The foster mother again broke down in the witness box, this time as she described searching for him with neighbours.

She also revealed that her first thought when he vanished was that he had been abducted.

“My immediate thought was somebody has taken him,” she said.

Wearing cream trousers and shirt and a “Where’s William” ribbon in red and blue Spider-Man suit colours, her voice broke and she wiped tears away as she described suddenly not being able to see or hear her son.

She told the court that William had been “getting very bored” just before he vanished and they were waiting for his foster father to return from the nearby town of Laurieton.

She had been expecting her husband to return from a visit to the chemist and a telephone conference meeting between 10.15am and 10.30am that morning.

William Tyrrell’s foster mum: ‘I beat myself up’

It seems we will be hearing from more about the Jones connection at the inquest tomorrow.....

It's expected Dwayne Gardoll, the Jones' son, will be called on Tuesday as will Tony Jones.

The morning William vanished, September 12, Jones left the home unusually early, his ex-wife told the coroner.
"He left early that morning saying he was going out to do scrapping with our son, Dwayne," she said.
But, Mrs Jones said, her son turned up on her doorstep just a few hours later.
"I asked him where his father was," she said.
"I said 'he was going to your place because you had a big job that day'. He said he didn't know anything about it and he hasn't seen his father at all."

Instead her son told her to turn on the television because the news was talking about a boy missing from nearby Kendall.

More from the article here...
We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

"Instead her son told her to turn on the television because the news was talking about a boy missing from nearby Kendall."

Would love to know what thoughts ran through her mind after her son spoke these words and turned on the tele....

That's not quite what PS said in the video. He said he has his idea of who took William, but declines to share it. IMO very different from insisting he knows.

Sorry . . . I seem to have lagged behind the wagon without noticing it.

I missed the news report....

I wonder if his idea is based on:

*Rumours

*What he saw leading up to or at the time William went missing

*His suspicions based on the behaviour of someone that he knows and associates with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper