Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could get confirmation from the police themselves that it was 316 they were searching and not the other Logans Crossing site where FA lived near . . . and I forget his name, GO?

Geoff Owen lives at 14 Misty Way Logans Crossing. Frank Abbott after being kicked out of the caravan on Heron's Creek Rd, lived in another van next door to Geoff Owen. If you google 14 and 16 Misty Way you will see they are in a cul-de-sac with acreage properties and newer homes similar to Benaroon Dr. Very different to the houses along Herons Creek Rd and a lot less treed.

upload_2020-2-21_13-23-24.png

Geoff Owen lives at 14 Misty Way Logans Crossing. Frank Abbott after being kicked out of the caravan on Heron's Creek Rd, lived in another van next door to Geoff Owen. If you google 14 and 16 Misty Way you will see they are in a cul-de-sac with acreage properties and newer homes similar to Benaroon Dr. Very different to the houses along Herons Creek Rd and a lot less treed.

View attachment 233473
I understand FA's caravan when in Misty Way would have been in the bushy swampy area fronting the river at the end of the road. Street View stops at the end of the bitumen and it's 240-250m beyond that to the river. I came up with the 316 area of Herons Creek Road in the first place because I was looking for a good match to the search photos (and I looked a long way round); but those photos seemed purposely narrow shots and not all of the same place, so I'm not sure. (Thanks for GO's name, not the first time I've forgotten him or got him mixed up with someone else.)

Arrested without charge? I think the Daily Mail is jumping the gun as usual. Will he be arrested again if incriminating evidence is found against him?

I hope if FA knows something he'll talk, they're as thick as thieves, if he's not involved, he could guess who might be, that's if William was snatched for the reasons we dread.

In the article, 'Frank Abbott was taken into police custody under what is called a 'Section 25' order, under the Crimes (Administration of Sentences) Act 1999. '

CRIMES (ADMINISTRATION OF SENTENCES) ACT 1999 - SECT 25
Local leave orders
25 Local leave orders

(1) The Commissioner may make an order (a
"local leave order" ) requiring an inmate to be taken from a correctional centre to any place in the State--(a) on such conditions and for such period as may be specified in the order, and(b) for such purpose as the Commissioner considers appropriate.(2) Without limiting subsection (1) (b), the purposes for which a local leave order may be made include the following--(a) enabling an inmate to be interviewed by a police officer, or by an officer of a law enforcement agency, in connection with the commission of an offence in a correctional centre, whether or not the offence was committed or is suspected of having been committed by the inmate,(b) enabling an inmate to assist in the administration of justice.(3) The conditions to which a local leave order is subject must include such conditions as are required by the regulations to be included in such an order.(4) Subject to subsection (3), the Commissioner may, at any time--(a) vary or omit any condition of a local leave order, or(b) substitute or add new conditions to a local leave order, or(c) revoke a local leave order.

CRIMES (ADMINISTRATION OF SENTENCES) ACT 1999 - SECT 25 Local leave orders

Wow, he was actually arrested? So the arrest didn't extend beyond that - at the time, I am gathering? But, this is good news, perhaps there will be enough evidence soon to get this ASSH&LE. Am so hopeful for William & his families, something may be finally happening - it will be a sad day though if we find that William is indeed deceased :(
It's such a beautiful place, I can see why people move there, sadly it's tainted by William's disappearance and the discovery of so many sex offenders living in the area.

Arrested without charge? I think the Daily Mail is jumping the gun as usual. Will he be arrested again if incriminating evidence is found against him?

I hope if FA knows something he'll talk, they're as thick as thieves, if he's not involved, he could guess who might be, that's if William was snatched for the reasons we dread.

In the article, 'Frank Abbott was taken into police custody under what is called a 'Section 25' order, under the Crimes (Administration of Sentences) Act 1999. '

Local leave orders
25 Local leave orders

"local leave order" ) requiring an inmate to be taken from a correctional centre to any place in the State--(a) on such conditions and for such period as may be specified in the order, and(b) for such purpose as the Commissioner considers appropriate.(2) Without limiting subsection (1) (b), the purposes for which a local leave order may be made include the following--(a) enabling an inmate to be interviewed by a police officer, or by an officer of a law enforcement agency, in connection with the commission of an offence in a correctional centre, whether or not the offence was committed or is suspected of having been committed by the inmate,(b) enabling an inmate to assist in the administration of justice.(3) The conditions to which a local leave order is subject must include such conditions as are required by the regulations to be included in such an order.(4) Subject to subsection (3), the Commissioner may, at any time--(a) vary or omit any condition of a local leave order, or(b) substitute or add new conditions to a local leave order, or(c) revoke a local leave order.

It sounds like a version of the term “arrested” for individuals who are already in custody. It seems the individual does not have a choice in being handed over to police for questioning, in the same way that a community member is taken in for questioning when arrested. IMO

It sounds like a version of the term “arrested” for individuals who are already in custody. It seems the individual does not have a choice in being handed over to police for questioning, in the same way that a community member is taken in for questioning when arrested. IMO
DM's basis is in the inset section where solicitor Jane Sanders opines that a s25 "amounts to" an arrest.

View attachment 233473
So it was the Herons creek road caravan he was living in at time of Williams disappearance ?

Local leave orders
25 Local leave orders

BBM above in red - yes of course he would be arrested if more incriminating evidence is found against him

What do you mean by jumping the gun? I don't get it. So this wasn't a real arrest, under this section? I'm not sure what all this means?

Hoping more about this story comes out v soon. I think they may have found the perp ! I hope so...

edit to add - I only did red cause so much already was bolded - not for alarm :)

Local leave orders
25 Local leave orders

Sorry @PrimeSuspect if my previous reply seems harsh. I didn't actually mean it to sound that way but when I re-read it I thought - a bit harsh! apologies..

BBM above in red - yes of course he would be arrested if more incriminating evidence is found against him

What do you mean by jumping the gun? I don't get it. So this wasn't a real arrest, under this section? I'm not sure what all this means?

Hoping more about this story comes out v soon. I think they may have found the perp ! I hope so...

edit to add - I only did red cause so much already was bolded - not for alarm :)
Despite his horrific history I'm not convinced he is "the perp" (MOO). Glad he is being investigated though.

Sorry @PrimeSuspect if my previous reply seems harsh. I didn't actually mean it to sound that way but when I re-read it I thought - a bit harsh! apologies..
No worries, I didn't word it properly. :) Imo, the Daily Mail should have said 'questioned' but, let it be 'arrest', giving false hope though, and if something incriminating is found against FA and he is arrested and charged with William's disappearance, has he then been arrested twice? Doesn't make sense to me, that's all.

This new article says 'questioned' which is very promising, the task force are still investigating.

Prisoner questioned over William Tyrrell ahead of fresh search

A person of interest has been questioned by detectives over William Tyrrell's disappearance before police launched a fresh search of the property where he used to live on the NSW mid-north coast.
Abbott was questioned in late 2019 by police while he was behind bars for an unrelated conviction, a source has confirmed. He was not charged.

Prisoner questioned over William Tyrrell ahead of fresh search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member