Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was the case then the dog wouldn't of scented the driveway either, IMO.
If someone is hit with a vehicle there would be the screech of brakes and a big panic as well, and someone would of noticed and the vehicle would of had DNA on it too, and possibly a dent.
My son got hit by a car when he was a child, and it was in a residential street so the vehicle wasn't going very fast, and the lady driving the car was beside herself. It also threw my son out of his shoes. Luckily he was only bruised and had a full recovery.
The people searching weren’t in the driveway, family and police did that. So maybe that’s why dogs could not get his scent there.
Also, search and cadaver dogs are not 100% reliable.
Personally I think the scent not found outside driveway because he was lifted from there.
I too was knocked down by a car as a child and suffered a head injury. I made no noise and remember nothing about it or leading up to it, first I knew about it was when I woke up in hospital a few days later.

The people searching weren’t in the driveway, family and police did that. So maybe that’s why dogs could not get his scent there.
Also, search and cadaver dogs are not 100% reliable.
Personally I think the scent not found outside driveway because he was lifted from there.
I too was knocked down by a car as a child and suffered a head injury. I made no noise and remember nothing about it or leading up to it, first I knew about it was when I woke up in hospital a few days later.
IMO there is no way HS would of been in FGM's driveway to hit WT in her vehicle. There would be no need for her to have gone there. I have never reversed out of my own driveway and gone across the road into my across the road neighbour's driveway to get out of the street. That just doesn't even make sense IMO.
Unless WT ran across the road in front of her car. But then that would of been an accident and no need to hide that fact and just call for an ambulance.

IMO there is no way HS would of been in FGM's driveway to hit WT in her vehicle. There would be no need for her to have gone there. I have never reversed out of my own driveway and gone across the road into my across the road neighbour's driveway to get out of the street. That just doesn't even make sense IMO.
Unless WT ran across the road in front of her car. But then that would of been an accident and no need to hide that fact and just call for an ambulance.
My response was to your original question
“why the detection dog only scented to the FGM's driveway? ”
And I replied IMO one reason that the ground outside the driveway was trampled by many, another reason may be that William never went beyond the driveway. Also that search and cadaver dogs cannot be relied on 100%. This has been covered and rehashed many times. I’m not speculating as to where HS drove her car.

Bump as a reminder to please read post by Mods and Admins.

Someone made a cryptic post about "DP". There were umpteen responses removed because it became a guessing game in here of just who DP was, like a game of charades. Sorry if some context was lost in the process of removing posts.

Mods try to provide reasons for post removal but are not required to do so. When there are that many posts removed, we don't always have the time to provide individualized explanations.

Please do not discuss removed posts or moderation on the thread. It is against TOS. Such questions need to be addressed via private message to Mods or Admin.

Thanks.

‘ANYTHING IN THE BUSH WILL CHANGE’

Nearly four years after William vanished when police made a proper ground search “leaving no stone unturned”, any remaining evidence would be hard to define or would have changed from exposure in the bush, a policeman told the inquest.

Senior Constable Daniel Dring told the Tyrrell inquest today that in June 2018 dozens of police scraped the terrain in bushland near Kendall where the toddler vanished in September 2014.

The search region, known as Area One, yielded bones, shovels and a speargun, none of which related to William’s abduction.

But under cross-examination by counsel for William’s birth father, Senior Constable Dring admitted finding items after the passing of time made classification of evidence difficult.

aug 7 2019
William Tyrrell likely abducted by ‘sneaky, complex character’, inquest hears
Bones, speargun found in Tyrrell search

snip
aug 7 2019
William Tyrrell likely abducted by ‘sneaky, complex character’, inquest hears
Bones, speargun found in Tyrrell search

I guess if you are the investigator and have been unable to find the person responsible, you would like to think he/she was sneaky and complex, rather than a simple and obvious character!

And I replied IMO one reason that the ground outside the driveway was trampled by many, another reason may be that William never went beyond the driveway. Also that search and cadaver dogs cannot be relied on 100%. This has been covered and rehashed many times. I’m not speculating as to where HS drove her car.
Sure. My post was in regard to WT not being anywhere but in the boundary of the FGM's property. A detection dog did scent him to the driveway though. If detection dogs are so unreliable then why bother taking them to a potential crime scene or train and have them at all?
And lots of stuff in this case has been rehashed ad nauseum for 5+ years, IMO.

What about the high pitched scream fm heard minutes after realising William was missing. The scream was heard whilst she was looking in an area where the grass was long. Fm also says the scream was high pitched and “muffled”, which would be the case if after the scream wt mouth may have been covered with a persons hand to prevent any further sound. IF it was wt she heard scream that morning then that would suggest he was taken from the area he was playing and taken up the trail through the forest and perhaps past the cemetery. I wonder if that trail is visible from the Crabbs or Miller’s house as they were in their backyards when all this happened?

I agree, we've got many cases to prove this to be true. 12 yr old Tia Sharp's body was in the attic of her grandmother's house in the UK, the police did three searches throughout the property using sniffer dogs and didn't find her. It was only after the police went through CCTV footage and questioned suspects/witnesses etc. that they decided to search the house one more time, they found her body and she'd been there the whole time. The guilty person was her grandmother's boyfriend, Stuart Hazell.

If police relied 100% on the dogs, a lot of crimes would never be solved, they are important but not the be it and end all of an investigation, it'd be illogical to think so.

What about the high pitched scream fm heard minutes after realising William was missing. The scream was heard whilst she was looking in an area where the grass was long. Fm also says the scream was high pitched and “muffled”, which would be the case if after the scream wt mouth may have been covered with a persons hand to prevent any further sound. IF it was wt she heard scream that morning then that would suggest he was taken from the area he was playing and taken up the trail through the forest and perhaps past the cemetery. I wonder if that trail is visible from the Crabbs or Miller’s house as they were in their backyards when all this happened?
BBM1: Do you mean because there were potential witnesses along Benaroon Drive? That would be the shorter route.

BBM2: Millers weren't in their own backyard, unless they're lying about being away at the time.

Sure. My post was in regard to WT not being anywhere but in the boundary of the FGM's property. A detection dog did scent him to the driveway though. If detection dogs are so unreliable then why bother taking them to a potential crime scene or train and have them at all?
And lots of stuff in this case has been rehashed ad nauseum for 5+ years, IMO.
BBM, I think I've read that when the dogs give a positive result that means the person was there, and is quite reliable, but when they don't find a scent that's not an indication either way as to whether the person was there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971