Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it incredibly difficult to watch that clip from start to finish.. I’m not going to lie it broke my heart to watch an elderly man questioned like that..
I’ve done a 360 on my opinion on GJ doing what he had to do because I just felt like that interview/interrogation was all wrong.. ps knows jubelin is out for him so it’s like he’s trying not to stuff up his words but please Gary at the same time.. horrible really horrible
Just curious, no judgement, if PS was let’s say 45y/o would that questioning have been ok?

Just looking at some dates of interest.

With hope the coroner will be able to call Jubelin now or at least open the court to PS.

coroner definitely has adjourned IMO until after trial of Jubelin.

1. March 2017 PS becomes person of interest
  2. July 26 2017 decoy Spider-Man suit placed
  3. July 2017, covert recording captured: "you're just a little boy, you're nobody" and referring to a Sydney suburb close to where William's family lived.
  4. August 2017 covert recording : "Don't tell anyone love, they're right after me. Sorry".

1. May 2018 two alleged illegal recordings taken from PS
  2. June 13 2018 notice of a renewed search for information
  3. June 27 2018 Batar creek and cedars lane search begins
  4. July 2018 Rosann meet to discuss what to provide coroner, lambert and jubelin get heated over lambert not being happy with PS direction
  5. July 3 2018 coroner visits Kendall sites with detectives
  6. December 2018 final alleged illegal recording - confronts ps about mental health issues
  1. Feb 2019 Jubes officially interviewed about claims
  2. March 25 2019 inquest to commence
  3. March 2019 authorities confirm investigation into jubelin
  4. May 2019 Jubelin quits NSW police
  5. June 2019 Jubes formerly charged
  6. July 30 jubelin pleads not guilty, trial set for feb 2020
  7. August 2019 Tyrrell inquest adjourned until March 2020

May I ask when the call from PS to GJ occurred, where GJ was on holiday and dropped everything to go see PS?

I find it incredibly difficult to watch that clip from start to finish.. I’m not going to lie it broke my heart to watch an elderly man questioned like that..
I’ve done a 360 on my opinion on GJ doing what he had to do because I just felt like that interview/interrogation was all wrong.. ps knows jubelin is out for him so it’s like he’s trying not to stuff up his words but please Gary at the same time.. horrible really horrible

Just remember though, Jubes pointed out that the interview had been going 3 to 4 hours already.

How old is savage? I don’t think i would class him as elderly?

May I ask when the call from PS to GJ occurred, where GJ was on holiday and dropped everything to go see PS?

Category: | The Courier Mail

In the final recorded conversation – not long before he was removed from the strike force – Jubelin went to see Savage, at his request, on December 28, 2018.

I bloody hope so, what a disgraceful individual Scott Cook has shown himself to be. I believe the NSW Police have serious questions to answer about the witch hunt of GJ.

It's just really shameful that NSW Police have used this so called illegal recording incident against GJ as as cover-up to their ego driven political in-house fighting. If this is the way NSW Police run a task force then I feel so sad for every missing person and their families. To know the NSW will put the interests of a POI ahead of finding a missing child, is disgusting!

I'm trying to be hopeful that this amazing human GJ will NOT be found guilty. I personally think if he is found guilty there will be a huge uproar from the public and media.

The Surveillance Devices Act 2007 is the main piece of legislation which governs the use of Listening device legislation in NSW and one of the exceptions is:

IT is NOT an offence to record a private conversation to which a person is a party if:

– is reasonably necessary for the protection of the lawful interests of that principal party.

Jubelin said the widower had made incorrect allegations against him previously.

“I recorded the conversation as I went in, again, for my lawful protection,” he said.

William Tyrrell detective Gary Jubelin feared person of interest might kill himself, court hears

I think the thing they will argue against Jubelin (based on his comments of he was there alone and felt he needed to protect himself in the event he was accused of anything)

They might argue that if he felt this way (and obviously prior to going to see Savage he felt this way) that he should not have gone, he should not have put himself in a position to have Savage make threats or accusations, he should have requested a local LE officer at least to accompany him as in the event PS started to make threats or came out of it making accusations.

It is the only thing I see he might done a little better however and regardless, all he did was for little William and his family.

most likely,Australia would have to be complete idiots to Jail him.

We had an ongoing case up north (not missing related but fraud)

A known high profile real estate agent was embezzling funds from the agency trust account. In Feb 2018 it all fell apart, she was in too deep and knew she could not make the trust account right and was in over her head with not being able to pay staff commissions or even deposits received to owners of properties she was selling. She handed herself into authorities and DFT.

Her excuse to do it was that for some time she was unable to meet the shortfalls of paying her staff commissions, wages and the general running of the agency. These were Byron Bay based properties so we are talking big bucks in comissions. She would take money from the trust account to do all of this thinking she could top it back up again quickly without anyone noticing. She said all her intentions were good ones, to try and get money back to pay the staff and that's why she was doing it so that she could keep the agency going and the staff paid and with jobs.

It didnt change the fact that she had good intentions, she broke the law and committed a serious crime and the DFT decided they would make an example out of her, stating it was the largest case of real estate trust account fraud ever seen in Australia.

She was finally jailed late last year, on the recommendation of 10 years jail time to set an example, the judge sentenced her 3.5 years.

So my point is here, unfortunately, even though Jubelin had good intentions and an attempt to protect himself the law just might push to make an example out of him..... I truly hope not. Lets hope his impeccable track record keeps him free

Last edited:
It would be great if that's the case but I vaguely recall that he treated his phone like an 'ornament' and suspect he would've left it at home. I wonder if that's another reason they mightnt have been able to track him for those missing hours.

It is interesting that people go walking in the bush with no means of communication and especially the elderly.

I wonder if was intentional not to take his phone with him for that reason.

@DrSlueth
Your observations of PS in court, do you think he has the intelligence to think ahead (such as to leave his phone at home so he is not tracked via phone towers)

7NEWS Sydney on Twitter
Just so disgraceful. How is it possible to not do a thorough handover on a case like this? Completely negligent. It’s a total disregard to all the hard work that had been done, the investigations being undertaken, to the lead detective and to William and his families. Disrespectful and harmful to the entire case. This is of more concern than any “unlawful” recordings and the police should be worrying about this negligence and derailing of the case. Total B*+lS#%t. I’m angry but thankful it’s all out there so hopefully things change and William is found.

I am wondering if any NON fans of Cook (LE wise) might come forward with similar stories of his vulgar comments and disrespect to families and cases.

It might flush a few things out if he has any enemies in LE this be the time they raise their heads and voices now that this has come to light of his insincere sealing with the case.

What other known cases has Cook worked on do we know?

Just curious, no judgement, if PS was let’s say 45y/o would that questioning have been ok?

I am wondering if this style of questioning is due to his age more so that Jubelin is worried a) Age related illnesses involving memory b) he knows more than letting on and Jubelin wants to crack him fast so that they can solve the case before he passes (being elderly age)

I am wondering if this style of questioning is due to his age more so that Jubelin is worried a) Age related illnesses involving memory b) he knows more than letting on and Jubelin wants to crack him fast so that they can solve the case before he passes (being elderly age)
Seems like standard questioning to me, particularly when there are red flags in regards to discrepancies in statements and conversations and previous history, behaviours and the fact that he’s trying to find out what happened to a 3 year old child. In a case where there is apparently zero forensic evidence, and zero eye witnesses. Interviews and statement taking of everyone involved is what they have to work with. So going over questions and rephrasing questions is important to make sure the interview covers as much as possible and extracts as much information possible. At any age the same questioning would need to be done. IMO

I find it incredibly difficult to watch that clip from start to finish.. I’m not going to lie my heart broke for PS.. not that I’m retracting my words or questioning what I feel in my gut about ps but to watch an elderly man who really doesn’t look like a hard core criminal in that position is just awful.. awful for everyone involved I guess

the same has crossed my min

i think you could be on to something because that’s the feeling I got after watching the clip
I know that interview was hard to watch but do you really think you can tell whether a serious crime has been committed just from someone's age or the way they present?

Look at that young Sydney swim coach who has been accused of molesting young girls... does he look like a hard core criminal to you?

Being a homicide detective isn't an easy job. Regardless whether PS is innocent or guilty, he is a complex individual and in my opinion worthy of being investigated.

Cut Gary Jubelin some slack here. If PS was just suffering from mental health issues that made him odd, they would've been able to rule him out years ago.

It is interesting that people go walking in the bush with no means of communication and especially the elderly.

I wonder if was intentional not to take his phone with him for that reason.

@DrSlueth
Your observations of PS in court, do you think he has the intelligence to think ahead (such as to leave his phone at home so he is not tracked via phone towers)
I think it's a different generation that we are talking about. My dad who is only in his early 60s regularly leaves his phone at home when going for walks (even long ones). He isn't concerned about being tracked just doesn't see the need for it.

I can understand that mentality. That generation grew up without needing to be in constant contact and aren't as worried that something could go wrong.

The top from one of the spiderman suits said PS.

William Tyrrell ex-investigator's police interviews revealed

Yes, I think the big thing here is that Savage appears to have revealed some hold back info. Nobody knew there was white on the back of Williams Spiderman suit. All we ever saw was the front of the suit in those ever-repeated photos.
How did Savage see white when there was no white on the planted suit?
What did he mean when he referred to the ‘suits’ in his convo with Jubes?

I work with men who have committed horrific crimes. Often the most gentle-looking elderly men have acted in the most depraved way. Age makes no difference to what an individual may be capable of. Although this questioning might be difficult to watch, it is important to remember that Jubelin’s purpose was to investigate the disappearance and likely murder of an innocent 3 yr old boy. IMO

I think the thing they will argue against Jubelin (based on his comments of he was there alone and felt he needed to protect himself in the event he was accused of anything)

They might argue that if he felt this way (and obviously prior to going to see Savage he felt this way) that he should not have gone, he should not have put himself in a position to have Savage make threats or accusations, he should have requested a local LE officer at least to accompany him as in the event PS started to make threats or came out of it making accusations.

It is the only thing I see he might done a little better however and regardless, all he did was for little William and his family.

I agree that is something the Judge will need to take that into consideration, I just hope that Jube's argument re: he didn't feel that his team had his back, will be enough explanation as to why he went alone and also to get that exemption through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper