Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stormbird clarified (after my post) that GO was said to not be working at that time due to being ill / waiting for an operation however I wonder if FA might have taken over some of his work?
mussopossum,

drsleuth's report from the inquest also included GO's response when asked by Mr Craddock whether he would ever ask FA to do work for him when he (GO) was unable to do the work himself:

"GO said he had no confidence in FA. 'I didn't have any work already booked in and I wouldn't get FA to do it anyway'."

FA had been allowed to stay in a caravan in return for fixing it up, but GO testified that he didn't like the way FA had done the work, that it was "not to his standards".

And when the coroner asked him herself, "Did you do work together?" he replied, "No, not really. Nothing worth mentioning, put it that way."

Thanks to drsleuth. (thread 49, post 772)

mussopossum,

drsleuth's report from the inquest also included GO's response when asked by Mr Craddock whether he would ever ask FA to do work for him when he (GO) was unable to do the work himself:

"GO said he had no confidence in FA. 'I didn't have any work already booked in and I wouldn't get FA to do it anyway'."

FA had been allowed to stay in a caravan in return for fixing it up, but GO testified that he didn't like the way FA had done the work, that it was "not to his standards".

And when the coroner asked him herself, "Did you do work together?" he replied, "No, not really. Nothing worth mentioning, put it that way."

'not really', is not a yes, nor a 'no'. Neither is 'nothing worth mentioning'. Maybe not worth mentioning in another situation, but when investigating a disappearance/suspected murder of a toddler, a definitive answer and a corresponding explanation would have been appreciated. imo.

'not really', is not a yes, nor a 'no'. Neither is 'nothing worth mentioning'. Maybe not worth mentioning in another situation, but when investigating a disappearance/suspected murder of a toddler, a definitive answer and a corresponding explanation would have been appreciated. imo.
I speculate that GO might have worked with FA on a community project where he didn't get to choose his co-workers.

Weird (to me) that GO would be buying advertising for his business right when he's apparently not well enough to be doing the work at the time, and is soon heading into surgery and would presumably require a convalescence time. In any case, why not just answer the question as specifically as possible? Why leave it to anyone's imagination what he may have meant? Hopefully he actually did expand upon what he meant and the reporters present just simply didn't bother reporting his words?

Weird (to me) that GO would be buying advertising for his business right when he's apparently not well enough to be doing the work at the time, and is soon heading into surgery and would presumably require a convalescence time. In any case, why not just answer the question as specifically as possible? Why leave it to anyone's imagination what he may have meant? Hopefully he actually did expand upon what he meant and the reporters present just simply didn't bother reporting his words?
Sounds like he trying not to drop him in it, but not tell an outright lie either.
I think you can probably interpret this as "occasionally" and "for odd jobs".

Does it have to be L shaped & the roof green too? I have seen an aerial views of sheds behind the primary school. Is this coming from the photo that captain posted? apologies as I was away during the inquest and may have missed something?

Yes it is comming from Captains post

Last edited by a moderator:
mussopossum,

Nothing worth mentioning could refer to the fact the work was done for cash so therefore he wouldn't want to be mentioning that he was getting someone to work for him as it would have had implications for both of them.

Perhaps it was the question “Did you do work together?”
that prompted that answer.
Perhaps other things they may have done together didn’t come under the category of ‘work’ to GO ? JMO ..

He
he could have been paying an invoice for advertising in a previous month. IMO

mussopossum,

Thanks SB,

Clearly I am not up to scratch with much at the moment. It is interesting that GO didn't like his work and not to his standards.

When my mum learnt all of this about FA (and I am in no way vouching for or sticking up for him) but she said his work was impeccable and he was always on time and very reliable, Mum is the first to get rid shonky tradesman or workers. I will leave at that so as I do not breach TOS, Just wonder if GO's statements are due to a falling out, who knows.

She's suggesting it all right. I can only assume the facts don't support her implications; or why not include three or four words of detail to back up and add interest to what she's saying? In fact wouldn't the 'where, when' be more to the point than that the observer was a taxi driver?

Maybe that would not be kosher of her to say? sorry if that term seems un-OZ (but this term is getting more popular here for sure). Why do you think she should indulge more? this is still under investigation & we are not so privy... so?

edit to add - unless you know the facts?

I speculate that GO might have worked with FA on a community project where he didn't get to choose his co-workers.

yes probably, but did he also get to work on projects where he chose his workers? That - we do not know

Can I just say how unfortunate this case is - for William & his families - it must be so torturous for them :( I'm glad many of us are here & supporting them - and hopefully the inquest will resume soon? This virus has certainly stuck a spanner in the works for the inquest & those seeking justice
:(

As I read it, the young boys told their babysitter FA had threatened that their mother’s ‘necked may be snapped’ if they told anyone.

Be interesting to find out cause of death in the 1968 murder FA was acquitted of in 1994..

As I read it, the young boys told their babysitter FA had threatened that their mother’s ‘necked may be snapped’ if they told anyone.

Be interesting to find out cause of death in the 1968 murder FA was acquitted of in 1994..
Cause of death was not established according to a book called Shot written by a woman who was attacked four weeks later. The only detail is that Helen Harrison was not shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member