Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a building labelled Newsagent at 16 Comboyne St. From there one could see someone cutting through from Albert to Comboyne, to turn up Comboyne in the direction of the school. I can see a street sign but it's hardly accessible to being hit in that way, wrong side of the road and behind a chain fence.

Thanks JLZ. Will look it up & #16... it's interesting that Batar creek rd, is before that crossover road... I wonder where this sign is then?

And further to that--was it a Give Way sign? There's one at the intersection of Albert and Comboyne, at the narrow end of the traffic island wedge, and well in view of 16 Comboyne St. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

yes saw the newsagent thank you... if they were parked there they could see someone hit the give-away sign/s at the end of Albert where it interests with Comboyne... (there are two signs there, one for each way of traffic). Was it said this man was going downhill? IIRC or maybe not...?

yes saw the newsagent thank you... if they were parked there they could see someone hit the give-away sign/s at the end of Albert where it interests with Comboyne... (there are two signs there, one for each way of traffic). Was it said this man was going downhill? IIRC or maybe not...?
BBM, yes . . .
Danny Connell

Mr Connell told the court he drove to the “paper shop” in Kendall to get the paper after leaving the cemetery, when he saw an old white ute drive past as he crossed the road. He said the ute then “made contact” with the “keep left sign” as it drove down the hill.

Conflicting stories about car driving "crazily" on day Tyrrell disappeared

This has been mentioned briefly by a poster before, but I’m seeing a lot of similarities between Tim Palmer/Michael McInally’s evidence at the inquest last year about the man driving a white sedan and pushing something down. Seems to be the same proximity and time frame, but I’m not quite sure. Different cars, but someone could be mistaken?

No need to avoid streets. They would've gone the most direct route, which unfortunately isn't past RC's place. No turn into Laurel Street - it would slow them down too much.

Hey Captain - now I’m confused again (yep easily done for me, we all know)

You’re saying here that the abductor/s wouldn’t have gone past RC’s place, yet here’s a copy of your reply above to my earlier query :

‘No. The abductor would've gone past RC's to get to the shed, then from there they'd have used Logans Crossing Road out of town. Abbott knew exactly what he was doing when he selected that route.’

Nup. That was one of PS's mistakes. He gave a lot of contradictory evidence like this. In court, I watched his son and daughter shaking their heads at this statement.

hey Captain, most grateful for your input. However I find it interesting that IMO you’re coming out now with what some may consider to be ‘a voice of knowledge’. .. what do you know ?
You attended Court - was that for GJ or the coronial hearing ? When you noticed the reactions of PS family members to his statements ( yet presumably we had one on here a short time pleading his innocence )

Do so hope you can help William.

Conflicting stories about car driving "crazily" on day Tyrrell disappeared

This has been mentioned briefly by a poster before, but I’m seeing a lot of similarities between Tim Palmer/Michael McInally’s evidence at the inquest last year about the man driving a white sedan and pushing something down. Seems to be the same proximity and time frame, but I’m not quite sure. Different cars, but someone could be mistaken?
Loxoli,

I don't remember seeing the idea being suggested before (my apologies to whoever did) but I agree with you. It all depends on the times and locations of the vehicles and witnesses. IMO it does seem at least possible that the two sets of witnesses (RC's niece and her husband, and MM) might have been looking at the same vehicle.

One possibility: if MM was returning from the doctor at Laurieton, driving west along Comboyne Street near the Post Office, and if Mystery Vehicle was driving east on Comboyne St (i.e. towards him), then MM might have seen only the front of the vehicle, especially if he was distracted by whatever the driver was doing. Here are some pics from a car sales site showing only the front of an example vehicle:

a 1999 Holden Commodore Executive VT sedan

image.jpeg

and a 1999 Holden Commodore VS III ute.

image.jpeg

IMO they look very similar.

Loxoli,

I don't remember seeing the idea being suggested before (my apologies to whoever did) but I agree with you. It all depends on the times and locations of the vehicles and witnesses. IMO it does seem at least possible that the two sets of witnesses (RC's niece and her husband, and MM) might have been looking at the same vehicle.

One possibility: if MM was returning from the doctor at Laurieton, driving west along Comboyne Street near the Post Office, and if Mystery Vehicle was driving east on Comboyne St (i.e. towards him), then MM might have seen only the front of the vehicle, especially if he was distracted by whatever the driver was doing. Here are some pics from a car sales site showing only the front of an example vehicle:

a 1999 Holden Commodore Executive VT sedan

View attachment 241378

and a 1999 Holden Commodore VS III ute.

View attachment 241379

IMO they look very similar.

to add to your comments Stormbird and Loxoli
“A taxi driver had seen a Holden commodore with a box trailer around the time the Crabbs heard a car that sounded like a Ute.
This seems to tie in with both the descriptions from RC’s relatives and MM

to add to your comments Stormbird and Loxoli
“A taxi driver had seen a Holden commodore with a box trailer around the time the Crabbs heard a car that sounded like a Ute.
This seems to tie in with both the descriptions from RC’s relatives and MM

A "box trailer", I haven't seen this before.
My thoughts as to who might have been in the lower driveway is tied into the little pile of wood chip. Most likely would have been on a ute or trailer. It looked "fresh" like it had just been delivered.
Did the taxi driver describe whether it was a wagon, ute or sedan?

Hey Captain - now I’m confused again (yep easily done for me, we all know)

You’re saying here that the abductor/s wouldn’t have gone past RC’s place, yet here’s a copy of your reply above to my earlier query :

‘No. The abductor would've gone past RC's to get to the shed, then from there they'd have used Logans Crossing Road out of town. Abbott knew exactly what he was doing when he selected that route.’

Ditto I asked the same W. But someone is on TO... To go or not to go past RC's? :confused:

Edit to add - captain thought the shed was behind the primary school (on Logan's crossing road) - the shortest route would not go past RC's so perhaps - not?

Ditto I asked the same W. But someone is on TO... To go or not to go past RC's? :confused:

Edit to add - captain thought the shed was behind the primary school (on Logan's crossing road) - the shortest route would not go past RC's so perhaps - not?

I think I worked out that the shortest route would be through the forest. Presumably he was on foot, or else he wouldn't have needed someone to pick him up. That was why I circled the shed that is across the road from where the forest road comes out (although why he needed to cross the road to be near the shed would be a mystery). He could have simply asked to be picked up where Comboine St meets Graham St. as there seems to be a walking track comes out there.

A taxi driver saw a box trailer; so what? Where? When? How is it Candace just leaves out the crucial information? Could have been in Tennessee in 1965 for all she's saying.
You’re right JLZ. What’s the relevance in such a random claim? Perhaps the taxi driver is “nocturnal man” who was living across the road from fgm as it was mentioned in the same paragraph as the Crabbs and what they thought they heard that morning. We really know very little about this neighbour other than he was once a taxi driver, lived alone, worked odd hours and kept to himself. We don’t know if he had given a statement to the police and if he did or didn’t see anything that day but we do know that he was home when police knocked on his door to check inside the home.

Re the testimony by the niece of RC (the man who reported seeing William in a speeding fawn 4WD) and her husband, who both stayed with RC over that Sep 2014 weekend:

According to Lia Harris's tweets from the inquest*, which are the only records I can find, the couple visited Kendall Cemetery at some time on 12 Sep 2014, likely between 09:30 and 10:30. After that, when parked across a road from a "paper shop", they each saw an old man (wearing a cowboy hat and thick-rimmed glasses) driving an old white ute which hit a road sign while driving down a hill. The husband said he reported this sighting to CrimeStoppers when he remembered it one week later.

For anyone who was at the inquest on Mon 16 March 2020 or knows someone who was, or has seen the information anywhere else (in which case please do post a link):

- While at the cemetery did they hear anything other than building-type noise?
- Where was the "paper shop" and where was the couple's vehicle parked? What sort of vehicle did they have?
- Which give-way sign was clipped by the ute, and where did the ute go after that?
- Lia's tweet says the niece and husband seemed unclear about the exact time they were at the Kendall cemetery: what does this mean? (e.g. They were unable to specify an exact time in their police statements but could give a probable range? Unable to recall details when on the witness stand? One person's time contradicted the other?)
- They took flowers to the cemetery. Did they pick them at RC's or go somewhere else to get them?
- Did they see the ute or driver anywhere else, before or after the paper shop?
- The husband testified that when they revisited one year later, in September 2015, RC had been "'in quite a distressed state because he'd been interviewed' by police". What was RC distressed about? Had police gone to see him about his sighting of the 4WD or were they doing a canvass of the town?

*With thanks for posting the tweets:
- PrimeSuspect, starting at thread 53, post 909
- HayLouise, in the Media/Timeline No Discussion thread, post 89 and post 90
- Tinker Taylor, in thread 54, post 493

"While at the cemetery did they hear anything other than building-type noise?"

I wonder if Geoff Owen might have been making some building noise nearby that morning? And a certain POI working alongside of him? Or just FA himself doing some work nearby?

I think I worked out that the shortest route would be through the forest. Presumably he was on foot, or else he wouldn't have needed someone to pick him up. That was why I circled the shed that is across the road from where the forest road comes out (although why he needed to cross the road to be near the shed would be a mystery). He could have simply asked to be picked up where Comboine St meets Graham St. as there seems to be a walking track comes out there.

The shed Captain showed was behind the primary school. Who knows if it is this shed, or the shed which you are speaking of? Or if there really was a shed?

Sorry I didn't see your picture... would you mind telling me which post it was - so I can check it out, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member