Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions/ponderings:
Has it been said at the inquest the best mate Ray Porter spoke of to the nurse was actually FA?
Would a man refer to someone he feared as his best mate?
Who drove FA to the nursing home to visit Ray?
Who is Phil?

https://7news.com.au/news/william-t...00km-from-kendall-home-inquest-told--c-749310
Blues Clues,

Do you have any thoughts within TOS about who Phil might be? I couldn't find any references to someone of that name other than in inquest testimony:

'[Service manager, TS,] is now in the witness box. She worked at the same aged care home where [Ray] was a patient. She said [Ray] spoke about two friends of his named "Phil" and "Frank". She said she was told by another nurse about the conversation about William and called police.'
-
tweet by @LiaJHarris, 17 March 2020

Blues Clues,

Do you have any thoughts within TOS about who Phil might be? I couldn't find any references to someone of that name other than in inquest testimony:

'[Service manager, TS,] is now in the witness box. She worked at the same aged care home where [Ray] was a patient. She said [Ray] spoke about two friends of his named "Phil" and "Frank". She said she was told by another nurse about the conversation about William and called police.'
-

No Stormbird, I've only read the same thing from the testimony and that's what prompted my question.

Blues Clues,

-

I've always wondered if "Bill" could have been misheard as "Phil".

was it phil who ray saw with frank and a young boy somewhere, not william,
i remember reading way back about these three men and a boy
and wondered at the time who would leave a young boy with these men?
ill try to find the aricle later

A local who was posting on here for a while knew who Phil was. Pretty sure she said we were going to hear a lot more about him??? Not sure if those posts are still here. I will have a look later.

A local who was posting on here for a while knew who Phil was. Pretty sure she said we were going to hear a lot more about him??? Not sure if those posts are still here. I will have a look later.
I also thought I remembered the Phil thing being to some extent cleared up. Something someone said, I had a feeling it was someone at the inquest but it might have been a local, wiped out various theories about Phil's identity we were floating.

ive lost all my saved bookmarks doing a windows reinstall, so cant find the article,
but i remember someone, probably ray? driving past frank? and another man and young boy, standing by a truck/ute and the other man might have been phil?
no idea where to find it though,
i wondered if this young boy was being passed around and maybe was one of these boys?
https://7news.com.au/news/court-justice/boys-knew-williams-killer-inquest-told-c-743470

Last edited:
ive lost all my saved bookmarks doing a windows reinstall, so cant find the article,
but i remember someone, probably ray? driving past frank? and another man and young boy, standing by a truck/ute and the other man might have been phil?
i wondered if this young boy was being passed around and maybe was one of these boys?
https://7news.com.au/news/court-justice/boys-knew-williams-killer-inquest-told-c-743470
And wasn't that something to do with fishing?

Are you thinking of FA saying he randomly met TJ in the bush scrapping and TJ denied he had been there? The boy was with who he thought was TJ.

Wasn't the fishing time about RP and FA were out and 2 children tried to cross the road and they sent them back?

Can't atm but I'll have a look for links later, probably in Lia's tweets around the early March part of the Inquest - think it was 9th to 18th March.

Is this what you're thinking of bearbear?

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed in Taree with police officer Robert Dingle on the stand. He told the court he was told in October 2018 Frank Abbott wanted to speak to police, so he went to interview him. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

At the time, Abbott was facing a District Court trial and was in custody. He told Officer Dingle about a trip he took with his friend Ray Porter to a property near Kendall.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Abbott told him they went to a spot where there was a “log dump” and ran into two men in an old white station wagon. He said one man introduced himself as “Jones” and he told the officer he later saw a man on the news he recognised as the man he saw.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He said the men had a young boy with them “about 7 years of age”, however he “conceded his memory was not reliable at his age”. He told the officer he thought the encounter would have happened shortly after his release from prison in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The Coroner asked Officer Dingle to clarify why Abbott thought this was relevant to the William Tyrrell case and he told the court “the gentleman he’d seen at the log dump he now believed was the same person” he’d seen on TV as a POI in the toddler’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He told the court Abbott was “adamant” that he wanted to ensure “the information would make its way to the Strike Force” investigating William’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott is now questioning Officer Dingle himself, telling the court he couldn’t remember if that encounter happened before he went to jail or after he was released in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott asked Officer Dingle to confirm that he didn’t “ask for favours because he was going to court” and he confirmed he didn’t. He’s now been excused.

View attachment 253454

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-30_16-36-25.png
    upload_2020-6-30_16-36-25.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 7
Is this what you're thinking of bearbear?

The William Tyrrell inquest has resumed in Taree with police officer Robert Dingle on the stand. He told the court he was told in October 2018 Frank Abbott wanted to speak to police, so he went to interview him. @10NewsFirst

Lia Harris on Twitter

At the time, Abbott was facing a District Court trial and was in custody. He told Officer Dingle about a trip he took with his friend Ray Porter to a property near Kendall.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The court heard Abbott told him they went to a spot where there was a “log dump” and ran into two men in an old white station wagon. He said one man introduced himself as “Jones” and he told the officer he later saw a man on the news he recognised as the man he saw.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He said the men had a young boy with them “about 7 years of age”, however he “conceded his memory was not reliable at his age”. He told the officer he thought the encounter would have happened shortly after his release from prison in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

The Coroner asked Officer Dingle to clarify why Abbott thought this was relevant to the William Tyrrell case and he told the court “the gentleman he’d seen at the log dump he now believed was the same person” he’d seen on TV as a POI in the toddler’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

He told the court Abbott was “adamant” that he wanted to ensure “the information would make its way to the Strike Force” investigating William’s disappearance.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott is now questioning Officer Dingle himself, telling the court he couldn’t remember if that encounter happened before he went to jail or after he was released in July 2015.

Lia Harris on Twitter

Abbott asked Officer Dingle to confirm that he didn’t “ask for favours because he was going to court” and he confirmed he didn’t. He’s now been excused.

View attachment 253454
yes, thank you, i think thats it, for some reason i thought one of the men may have been phil?

I also thought I remembered the Phil thing being to some extent cleared up. Something someone said, I had a feeling it was someone at the inquest but it might have been a local, wiped out various theories about Phil's identity we were floating.
Wexford and JLZ,
Are these posts the ones you're talking about?

SLouTh (thread 54, post 474)
"I also think we need to remember that Ray had 2 friends - we have heard a lot about one of them in being F Abbot, but nothing yet about "Phil"??
I think there is a friend called "Phil"....... and interestingly, I imagine locals will know exactly who Phil is - now that the Inquest have released his name to the Public!
"

then in reply:

Warshawski (thread 54, post 485)
"I’m sure it will SLouTH, and it pricked my memory. I don’t have a link but I seem to recall a Philip from a charity shop having something to say at one stage ..IMO"

What was said by "a Philip from a charity shop" and is anyone suggesting that he is Ray's best friend? Thanks.

No, I still haven't worked out who "Phil" is either.....??
And if there was a post, about him, that has since been deleted, I missed seeing it....

Perhaps all will be revealed at the next Tranche????

What is interesting is that Frank Abbott has tried to deflect blame on Jones, Owen, etc, but never on his mate Ray Porter or this Phil, or his mate Ainsley Northam.......

I was going back through the Media Timeline.... and searching for more about "Phil"....... and came across this..... not related to Phil, but that dear William was "buried in the suitcase" the boys saw..... I hadn't read that anywhere.... Its not in the article but in the news video embedded within......

A tiny church on Blackbutt Road in the village of Herons Creek has become centre of inquiries at the inquest into the disappearance of missing foster child, William Tyrrell.

NoCookies | The Australian

The Australian on Twitter

Does anyone have further information or articles to back that up??? Is that why they keep searching the Herons Creek property??

I was going back through the Media Timeline.... and searching for more about "Phil"....... and came across this..... not related to Phil, but that dear William was "buried in the suitcase" the boys saw..... I hadn't read that anywhere.... Its not in the article but in the news video embedded within......

Does anyone have further information or articles to back that up??? Is that why they keep searching the Herons Creek property??
Paedophile allegedly told scared brothers he killed William Tyrrell and buried him in a suitcase, inquest hears

Thanks JLZ .... Apologies....My brain had registered the boys saying that dear William was in the suitcase, and snapping of the neck, but not the actual "buried" part.....

With all of the searches (that we know about) being in the local vicinity....... where does that put the 300km drive??????

Was that a story given to get the attention of the Police??? But not the real story????

And Could "Phil" have been misheard for "Bill" as in Bill Boyd, former owner of the timber mill land? Mentioned back in Thread 46???

I was reading timeline summaries today and made the following notes and theories. Please delete/ disregard if irrelevant.

• 10:00am - 10:25am WT is outside playing and disappears from Benaroon drive.
  • 10:56am Call is made to alert police WT has disappeared.
  • 11:06am Police arrive

• There is a 30 minute window before the initial call is made.
  • Both BS and GO were hired by the grandmother to do work on the house.
  • FA named both TJ and GO as people of interest.
  • Two cars were sighted. A white Camry driven by TJ which has now been confirmed on March 10 2020 by Max Jones ( not related to TJ. I can link the article if need be). The other car was an older style grey/ green sedan. Could this have been driven by FA and then discarded later on? Or could “Phil” or GO be driving this car?
  • RP confesses that he picked up FA behind/ near a shed at a school in Kendall. I looked up nearby schools and these are the schools. If we can find the school we can calculate the 300km north distance.
  1. Kendall Public school
  2. Kendall community preschool
  3. Laurieton Public school - BS was at this school.
  4. Camden Haven High school
  5. St Joseph’s primary school
  6. Herron’s Creek public school - this is near the Miles Drive rural property that was recently being searched.
  • FA asked RP to move his boat and leave it at a woman’s house. Could Phil be a woman? The blonde woman with her hair in a bun that was sighted? The boat may be a major clue if FA was so worried to have it moved. Could the 300km distance be to a boat ramp?
  • I think it’s been mentioned before that they belonged to the men’s shed. The men’s shed donated items to Kendall school. So this may be the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavakaga