Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
University of Newcastle forensic anthropologist and criminologist Dr Xanthe Mallet told Jim Wilson detectives have provided a great deal of detail about the renewed search effort because they are still seeking public assistance.
“They reminded us that that million dollar reward is available for information leading to discovery of the whereabouts of William.

“It’s also a very high profile case.

“I am quite surprised at how much information is coming out, it is quite unusual to be getting as much as we are, but obviously strategically the police think this is the right way to engage.”

Dr Mallet said the details released by police shouldn’t endanger any future convictions, but warned social media discussion could prejudice a trial.

“Just like with the Cleo Smith case, I’d caution people against hypothesising.”
Criminologist 'quite surprised' by William Tyrrell investigators' media strategy - 2GB

It seems just as theatrical by LE as that investigation was - every detail released to the media, search being filmed & photographed constantly etc. it has the exact same vibe.

People are comparing it to the Daniel Morcombe sting, but most of that was very hushed up and media were given few details.

It's all too 'convenient', the info etc being farmed out constantly to the media

I agree that this is overly theatrical. It’s a really risky strategy if this is all just to crack a confession.

The law says that a confession has to be voluntary. Police can’t lie about something to a suspect in the hope that they will suddenly confess. Police can’t separate suspects and then lie to one that the other one has confessed. Police can’t misuse the court system to intimidate someone into a confession.

Either police have something concrete that they are working on, or they are running a very big risk that end confessions will be thrown out. I hope that whatever strategy they are using has been approved by their legal department.

It’s interesting the shoes/lack of has come up because that was the thing that really stood out to me as odd from the triple 0 call. When asked what shoes he was wearing (important info for search crews) she just starts talking about the head freckle which would be pretty much useless info to the search crews? it almost sounded evasive.

The garage floor doesn't look like it was done by a concrete tradie. It looks more like a really rough home job to me. It's anything but smooth.

View attachment 322519

People have been buried underneath concrete floors before.

That is an awful lot of concrete. That amount of concrete would take one of those big mixer delivery trucks would it not? and a lot $$$. If someone had did that themselves talking huge amount $$$ and a very long time mixing and applying. the slab my handyman poured for me for a bathtub took about 11 bags of cement and a couple of hours, just for a 1.5m x 70cm x 4cm slab. cost me about $330 in materials alone.

Last edited:
I've been following this thread & all the media the past few days and I'm not buying it. I don't believe he fell from the balcony. I can't explain why, I'm just not finding it totally credible.

People are getting caught up in all the speculation and theories, but I really think this will be the same as the BS outcome (if I'm wrong, I'm wrong).

It seems just as theatrical by LE as that investigation was - every detail released to the media, search being filmed & photographed constantly etc. it has the exact same vibe.

People are comparing it to the Daniel Morcombe sting, but most of that was very hushed up and media were given few details.

It's all too 'convenient', the info etc being farmed out constantly to the media

It feels exactly the same to me too, trying to get a POI to confess because they have nothing to charge them with otherwise.

I can't believe after all this time we are discussing such a simple thing as weather William had shoes on or not. Surely this was looked into years ago & confirmed......the shoes were either missing & or not......

Gives me little faith that they are any closer to finding out what happened to William

Yeah, also using the ground penetrating radar on the driveway today is a bit pointless, because there is no possible way he could be under there. If they really had something they'd be honing in on it, but they're not.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news_article?sq_content_src=+dXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGOTg1NTYuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==
I agree that this is overly theatrical. It’s a really risky strategy if this is all just to crack a confession.

The law says that a confession has to be voluntary. Police can’t lie about something to a suspect in the hope that they will suddenly confess. Police can’t separate suspects and then lie to one that the other one has confessed. Police can’t misuse the court system to intimidate someone into a confession.

Either police have something concrete that they are working on, or they are running a very big risk that end confessions will be thrown out. I hope that whatever strategy they are using has been approved by their legal department.

I'm Australian and thought this was the case here but it seems to be different in America? The police there can lie in an attempt to get a confession?

That is an awful lot of concrete. That amount of concrete would take one of those big mixer delivery trucks would it not? and a lot $$$. If someone hand did that themselves talking huge amount $$$ and a very long time mixing and applying. the slab my handyman poured for me for a bathtub took about 11 bags of cement and a couple of hours, just for a 1.5m x 70cm x 4cm slab. cost me about $330 in materials alone.

I thought the concrete was done by the new owners? After the FGM had sold the property and moved out.

”But a newly revealed document from the inquest’s brief of evidence, obtained by The Australian, says the jpeg photograph was “created” at 7.30am and “corrected” at 9.37am”.

“Until NSW Coroner Harriet Grahame’s urgently ordered forensic examination takes place, it is unclear if the time was corrected to 9.37am to cater for, say, the camera itself being set on the wrong time”.

If the camera itself was set on the wrong time to start with, I can think of no legitimate reason to “correct it” unless it was perhaps for a sinister reason. After all, it was only a photo of a child playing on the floor. Why would the time matter at all other than to create an alibi?

"I can think of no legitimate reason to “correct it” unless it was perhaps for a sinister reason"
When I have taken photos I like I usually go straight in and adjust brightness crop etc before I post it on my SM or send it to someone. I know on a digital camera that this comes up in the Mdata as a correction/change to the image at a particular time and date. I wonder if that is what they mean by correction?

I wonder has anyone here attempted to replicate the photo-taking situation. By having a set on the wrong time, or taking the pic then making an adjustment to it later. To see the Mdata. Is there anyone on WS here that is experienced in that sort of stuff?

Last edited:
T
I thought the concrete was done by the new owners? After the FGM had sold the property and moved out.
The house has been sold twice, so it could have been done by either new owner. It definitely wasn't done by the family though, as the house was under contract (finalised in Oct) when he disappeared

Attachments

• 77EBFBCA-D2AB-4A60-9487-B6AF115DA8EE.jpeg
    77EBFBCA-D2AB-4A60-9487-B6AF115DA8EE.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 12

In the case of DM's killer, police did lie, weaving a web around a Mr Big which did ensnare DMs killer. I'm assuming though that it was sanctioned by the coroner, and indeed it's a completely different jurisdiction to NSW.

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/news_article?sq_content_src=+dXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZWJpenByZC5wb2xpY2UubnN3Lmdvdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGOTg1NTYuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

I'm Australian and thought this was the case here but it seems to be different in America? The police there can lie in an attempt to get a confession?
It is different in the US. The stuff you see on American crime shows just doesn’t happen here in Australia.

Actually it does happen here. Sometimes police get a bit overzealous and go a step too far. But it will almost always be excluded.

Th
In the case of DM's killer, police did lie, weaving a web around a Mr Big which did ensnare DMs killer. I'm assuming though that it was sanctioned by the coroner, and indeed it's a completely different jurisdiction to NSW.
The Daniel Morecombe undercover operation was authorised by a court. For very complex reasons, it was a bit different to police lying. Even so, it was a risky strategy in that case. Fortunately the courts upheld the undercover operation.

GJ on Sky, investigated the balcony theory, bugged the parents, ambushed them with accusations and eliminated them he says. Also says they investigated every possibility around them.

GJ allegedly went down that path because he was forced to.
William Tyrrell foster parents say disgraced lead detective Gary Jubelin treated them like suspects | Daily Mail Online
"Jubelin ruled the couple out as suspects, but had to conduct the intense interviews after being pushed by other detectives."

No idea I am sorry. Someone previously in thread mentioned it was under contract of sale at the time so likely the new owners would have (unless it was a part or contract of sale that it was in process of being done by the old owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel