Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed in the daily telegraph article quote from BM about noticing William having bruises from a young age and being told by the foster family it was because he was "learning to walk". I'm not a parent and have no idea how frequently kids get bruises... for those who are I'm wondering does this ring true?
My youngest daughter is constantly covered in bruises, on her torso, ribs, legs,arms. When we ask her what happened she says she doesn't know or even remember getting them. She is very active. Another daughter never has any. So it's common but depends on child, imo.

But wouldn't they have seen blood evidence on the driveway when they first arrived? Wouldn't they have searched the area he was last seen, to check for blood and a possible crime scene?

Not if they immediately assumed he was taken.
Blood can be hosed off easily enough. It's the tiny molecules of blood they would find with luminol and forensic testing that would be evidence in a scenario like this.

Thinking back on my children learning to walk, they tended to tip over onto their bottoms. Their heads are relatively large and heavy, so my children and other children Ive seen when learning to walk tended to fall back to a seated position. They could possibly fall forward but at the learning to walk stage it wasn’t often. So I can’t imagine bruising would be a major issue.
But when learning to walk well, toddlers can fall onto coffee table corners or other things when they lose their balance. My son fell forward and hit his cheek on a wooden chair, got a big bruise on his cheek.

My youngest daughter is constantly covered in bruises, on her torso, ribs, legs,arms. When we ask her what happened she says she doesn't know or even remember getting them. She is very active. Another daughter never has any. So it's common but depends on child, imo.

Do they get bruising on their shins?

Blood can be hosed off easily enough. It's the tiny molecules of blood they would find with luminol and forensic testing that would be evidence in a scenario like this.

But 5 years later?

But 5 years later?
But 5 years later?

Also, I don't think they immediately assumed he was taken. I am pretty sure they did look at the Ffamily at the beginning. JMO

But 5 years later?

Also, I don't think they immediately assumed he was taken. I am pretty sure they did look at the Ffamily at the beginning. JMO

These situations are very chaotic, because time is of the essence in locating the child if the child was taken. So usually they will act first (immediately start searching, notifying highway command in the area, mobilising police, ses to search etc) based on the info they have on hand, and then further probe into parents, etc.

I looked up the weather on that day too.

People have different perceptions of cold/hot weather.

My WA family would find 19 degrees cold and be wearing a jumper (sweater) but my VIC family would find 19 degrees pleasantly warm and be in t'shirts, particularly if sun is out and no cloud or wind.

But I notice the child behind WT in the photo appears to be wearing a winter jacket?

FGM is wearing jumper, track pants & slippers.

So around 7.37 its only about 10 degrees but 9.37 its around 19 degrees?

Anyone from NSW who can clarify what they personally find cold/warm/hot?

Can anyone zoom into the date on the paper Nanas reading :rolleyes:

I read FM said the children aged around 3 & 5 at the time woke up at 8am?

As a parent that would be a late wake up time for my kids at that age. 7am was a sleep in! Particularly if they were excited to be at their Nans house and had slept in the car on the way down.

But I acknowledge an 8am wake up is still within the range of normal behaviour as is wearing jumpers and jackets when its 19 degrees and sunny so *shrug*

BBM. It's nearing 22°C here in Sydney right now and I'm wearing a long sleeved top and trousers. Hubby's in jeans and a tee, so everyone's different, but I would be wearing something long sleeved if it's 19°C. I'd consider 10°C quite cold.

She sounds breathless/hyped up, but not anxious/distressed (compare to quoted phone call when the bus driver in Cairns happened upon the child that passed away on his watch - "oh god, oh god, my life is over etc"). Granted she didn't yet think William was dead, but a frantic mother would surely, at some point, start panicking and sound like it (oh my god where is he, I can't find him!)

She sounds more like she's amped up than distressed.

Maybe listen to some of the evidence from neighbours & see how they describe both the FFC & MFC......

But when learning to walk well, toddlers can fall onto coffee table corners or other things when they lose their balance. My son fell forward and hit his cheek on a wooden chair, got a big bruise on his cheek.

my eldest tripped over his own feet and put his teeth through his lip.

I have multiple children and they bruise, especially as toddlers. My child with ADHD is constantly covered in bruises all over from just doing dumb stuff.

certain bruises on children are concerning, but active kids bruise constantly.

I was recently assulted by are deranged neighbour and police don't take these things lightly.
I had photos taken of my injuries at the police station.
Medical reports were needed by are doctor .
Statements of witnesses to have this person charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth