Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spedding would have to hire help sometimes for the lifting of the air conditioners....was someone in the van that day that could have taken/hidden William?

It might have been a fun thing at the time and everything went pear shaped.

William Spedding: I never did anything to hurt William Tyrell maybe HE didn't hurt him.

This is his local search advert.
His slogan is ...On time, everytime!

Authorised Miele service agent for Port Macquarie and districts.

http://www.localsearch.com.au/Port-Macquarie,NSW/Gas-Refrigeration-Service/profile/X5Ln

I guess it all started with an inconsistency in his story on the day William went missing. For people to judge at that point is unfair, but when they started digging up his property, alarm bells started going for me, and now with this new search location being so close to his place, again, a bit sus
Annoyingly we can't know what the police know

Oh ok, so mostly it is the police know something, like forensics from van or computer or phone record but not released? I was thinking they could have searched because a tip from someone who suspects spedding so I wasn't thinking too much of it.

http://resources3.news.com.au/image...7007-8606cea8-c0d2-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Anyone else see this posted today? Spedding driving past the search zone. It's already quite odd the police have said the search will finish tomorrow. If you have set youself a timeframe of 3 days you are either not confident the area has what you are looking for or you are setting up this search for something completely different then its intended purpose. Perhaps the search is nothing more then a charade in the hope that someone they are watching will react to the search taking place.

William Tyrell: Police revisit home of ‘person of interest’ Bill Spedding as search for missing William Tyrrell widens
March 03, 2015 4:24PM

Detectives spent today talking to a number of people in relation to the abduction inquiry.

He would not elaborate on the tip-off that led police to an area of bushland surrounding Long Point Trail in Bonny Hills but said it was specific enough to warrant a large number of resources.

Mr Jubelin revealed no solid leads had been uncovered from the nearly two days of searching so far, despite a number of items being seized. It remains the only active search area in the Tyrell investigation.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m-tyrrell-widens/story-fni0cx12-1227245490641

Thanks Amee. What interests me is that police actually did find some things, but haven't disclosed yet what they are.

Police obviously know a lot more than they are letting on. For instance, the theory that WT might have wandered off into the bush near his grandmother's home has been discounted from the early days. I don't know the bushland of the area, but kids can hide in small places and be easily taken miles away by animals, so I am unsure as to why the abduction theory seems to be a foregone conclusion. What evidence??? Police must know something that we don't.

18 September 2014.
It can be revealed that police have - In addition to bringing in the sex crimes detectives...........................called on the assistance of FACS.
We are working with the NSW police and the family and are doing all we can to assist in this matter a FACS spokesman said.
Asked why FACS had become involved, she said police are leading the investigation - child protection is a fundamental role and responsibility of FACS.....................

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-missing-nsw-boy/story-e6frg6nf-1227062023179

Oh ok, so mostly it is the police know something, like forensics from van or computer or phone record but not released? I was thinking they could have searched because a tip from someone who suspects spedding so I wasn't thinking too much of it.

Yeah a general tip off is tricky because I for one don't know the protocol with police following them through. If John Smith told them that WT was in Cuba, would they just drop everything and go? The most feasible possibility for people outside the "know" is the timing of when they did forensic testing on BS's things and where they're now searching

Spedding would have to hire help sometimes for the lifting of the air conditioners....was someone in the van that day that could have taken/hidden William?

William Spedding: I never did anything to hurt William Tyrell maybe HE didn't hurt him.

This is his local search advert.
His slogan is ...On time, everytime!

Authorised Miele service agent for Port Macquarie and districts.

http://www.localsearch.com.au/Port-Macquarie,NSW/Gas-Refrigeration-Service/profile/X5Ln

I noticed that too. Really specific of him to say he did nothing to hurt him
Can someone verify if baden Clay did something similar? I could be totally wrong but I have a feeling something similar happened
And wouldn't a lawyer be telling him to keep it short and sweet? Seems strange to go into detail like that

Exactly what I think. Listen to his word choice. He didn't do anything to hurt him. But, he won't confirm or deny when journalist asks if he has seen WT.

I don't think Spedding necessarily "did it" - but I think he may very well be an accessory, perhaps he helped someone cover the tracks, and while I don't like to say it, perhaps helped dispose of the body* and/or other evidence. I wonder if the police are pushing, pushing for either him to give the game away, or for someone to crack and admit THEY did it, not Spedding?

*ETA If there is one. I just am getting to the point where I think if he was alive and unharmed, we'd know by now. Maybe I'm overly negative. I'd love to be proved wrong.

http://resources3.news.com.au/image...7007-8606cea8-c0d2-11e4-9d92-97de7eaded95.jpg

Anyone else see this posted today? Spedding driving past the search zone. Perhaps the search is nothing more then a charade in the hope someone makes a wrong move.

None of the police seen in this picture seem to have even noticed the van driving past, I know they didn't release the exact where abouts of the search so it makes me wonder if the police asked the news crews to take pictures of passing traffic and the media hit a jackpot knowing people would want to read about the poi inspecting the search site.

I don't really understand why Spedding is high on the suspect list? I have been following the thread, but I feel I missed something. Is he just being targeted because they have nothing else? It feels like a majority of you feel he did something too, so if someone is willing to share why? Did they search his van and find something? Why ruin someone's life unless they found something super incriminating? What in the world am I missing? I have googled and I don't see it either. Thanks for sharing your insights :)

I think this may be where BS first came onto police radar....

January 28, 2015

The tradesman whose home was searched by police investigating the disappearance of William Tyrell was reportedly interviewed over his treatment of children just days before detectives turned their attention towards him.

According to News Corp, three children who had been living with Bill Spedding and his wife have since been removed.

The homicide squad, with no knowledge of the FACS inquiry, turned their attention to Mr Spedding in mid-December following a call to Crime Stoppers

https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/26124863/spedding-interviewed-over-treatment-of-children/

Police searching for William Tyrrell say "a number of items” have been recovered in their latest intensive search near Bonny Hills.

They also, for the first time, said they might find the missing toddler's body.

Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin said there were numerous reasons for the search through dense scrub in the Queens Lake State Conservation Area.

“Of course that would include a body,” Det Insp Jubelin said at Tuesday's press conference.

He, however, refused to detail what had been found.

The Strike Force Rosann leader also wouldn’t say if officers had spoken on Tuesday with the Bonny Hills tradesman whose home and businesses were extensively searched last month.

“The success of this investigation is not based on this one search,” Det Insp Jubelin said.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/29...red-from-bushland-search-photos-video/?cs=256

Weird.... Why would they make a big thing of saying they've found objects when apparently they're insignificant? It's foggy in here from all the smoke screens

I noticed that too. Really specific of him to say he did nothing to hurt him
Can someone verify if baden Clay did something similar? I could be totally wrong but I have a feeling something similar happened
And wouldn't a lawyer be telling him to keep it short and sweet? Seems strange to go into detail like that

Gerard Baden-Clay speaks to the media outside his house.

"I'm trying to look after my children at the moment, we've got three young girls. We really trust that the police are doing everything they can to find my wife," he said.

Gaaaaa! He knew exactly where his wife was! *#*%+^*!!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-15/baden-clay-murder-trial-timeline/5585176

Hm something else. I can't believe this entire time I haven't realised BS and WT have the same first name.. That'd be a pretty good hook for a kid?

Ok ... this is totally hypothetical, and possibly comes from me watching too much Law & Order SVU -

But say a man discovered he had a predilection for child *advertiser censored*. His interests eventually led him to internet groups who shared the same tastes. However, the exchange of photos or videos wasn't free .... he had to reciprocate by exchanging images as well. Maybe he has had to do this before, or maybe this was his first time.

Maybe he came across a young child, and the temptation and opportunity was too great, and he took the child. Maybe he hid the child in an abandoned unit, where he had access to a computer. Maybe he just wanted photos or movies, and would eventually return the child. But maybe he gave the child sleeping tablets, to both prevent the child from having a clear memory and be able to identify him, and also to keep the child quiet (especially if the man couldn't be there the whole time), so that if anybody was nearby they wouldn't hear anything. Maybe he gave him too many tablets? Or maybe the child was gagged while left there alone, and accidently suffocated. Maybe the man would feel that he didn't "hurt" the child, that it was an accident?

Again .... this is totally hypothetical. But just a possible scenario

Ok ... this is totally hypothetical, and possibly comes from me watching too much Law & Order SVU -

But say a man discovered he had a predilection for child *advertiser censored*. His interests eventually led him to internet groups who shared the same tastes. However, the exchange of photos or videos wasn't free .... he had to reciprocate by exchanging images as well. Maybe he has had to do this before, or maybe this was his first time.

Maybe he came across a young child, and the temptation and opportunity was too great, and he took the child. Maybe he hid the child in an abandoned unit, where he had access to a computer. Maybe he just wanted photos or movies, and would eventually return the child. But maybe he gave the child sleeping tablets, to both prevent the child from having a clear memory and be able to identify him, and also to keep the child quiet (especially if the man couldn't be there the whole time), so that if anybody was nearby they wouldn't hear anything. Maybe he gave him too many tablets? Or maybe the child was gagged while left there alone, and accidently suffocated. Maybe the man would feel that he didn't "hurt" the child, that it was an accident?

Again .... this is totally hypothetical. But just a possible scenario

Or had an asthma attack

God I hope that isn't it :( that poor little kid. If something remotely similar has happened and the perp is ever caught, I hope he's/she's dealt with in jail before the inevitable 6 year sentence is up

Another thing that bugged me about his brush with the media, his concern for his wife seemed over the top, especially having recently seen a not very attractive pic of his wife he had put up on fb.
I guess the pic could have been innocent but I wouldn't have appreciated my husband putting up
one of me looking like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member