Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I'm thinking too. Is it just me that thinks it's pathetic how almost everything that's reported and the way in which it's designed to be interpreted is effectively 180 degrees away from the potential truth?!

It has been revealed that Bill Spedding and his wife Margaret were questioned about their treatment of children by the NSW Family and Community Services department only a few days before the washing machine repairer's property was searched for two days last week by police.

However, detectives were unaware of the FACS questioning, which resulted in three young people being taken from the home, The Daily Telegraph reported.

The mother of one of the children who had lived with the Speddings, who said her child was taken from her home following a domestic situation in 2011, said she was shocked to discover Mr Spedding was being questioned over William's disappearance.

The woman told The Daily Telegraph that she was informed about the FACs investigation into Mr Spedding back in December but was not told any further details.

'I saw Bill Spedding on TV and I rang FACs,' she said.

A FACS spokesman declined to comment on the case as it was still under investigation, the paper reported.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-care-time-police-swooped.html#ixzz3TJDFXLFz

there are MSM's back in thread 3 or 4 with Interviews from the mother mentioned above.

I imagine that they really are feeling the pinch of a significantly lowered income. Spedding’s income from his business … severely reduced. Monies provided by the government for fostering the children … potentially gone.

I also am not sure that the boys were their actual grandchildren. Especially with having different mums.

In the same way that younger foster parents call their foster children their children, and the children call the foster parents mum and dad, due to their age the Speddings may have represented the boys as their grandchildren, and vice versa.

Did the townsfolk even know they were foster children? Perhaps everyone/most people always thought that the boys were their actual grandchildren, when they may not have been.

I wonder if there is a way, to check for Missing Children in the Kendall and surrounding area's for say the last 5 years..? And then the same again from Wellington - Although I am sure LE would have looked into that..

I live near Wellington and am fairly confident there has not been any children or anyone youngish missing from this area in the last 7 years (not sure about prior to that but I don't think so).

Mar 3, 2015

However, he has told police he didn’t go to the grandmother’s home in Kendall on the day the toddler disappeared.

Mr Spedding has strongly denied any involvement and police stress he isn’t the only line of inquiry and isn’t a suspect.

Det Insp Jubelin wouldn’t detail who he spoke to on Tuesday, but revealed almost 1000 people had spoken with police during the investigation.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2015/03/03/police-searching-spider-man-suit/

I imagine that they really are feeling the pinch of a significantly lowered income. Spedding’s income from his business … severely reduced. Monies provided by the government for fostering the children … potentially gone.

I also am not sure that the boys were their actual grandchildren. Especially with having different mums.

In the same way that younger foster parents call their foster children their children, and the children call the foster parents mum and dad, due to their age the Speddings may have represented the boys as their grandchildren, and vice versa.

Did the townsfolk even know they were foster children? Perhaps everyone/most people always thought that the boys were their actual grandchildren, when they may not have been.

I believe they are their grandchildren (from MS's son DM, who seems to have quite a few kids)

I believe they are their grandchildren (from MS's son DM, who seems to have quite a few kids)

Thanks. Do you have a link for that? I don't believe I have seen that anywhere and would be interested to read about it. I have been scouring MSM trying to find any relevant info, and have seen them mostly called 'the grandchildren'.

Mr Spedding and his wife Margaret have been described as loving guardians to the three grandchildren they live with in the Bonny Hills home.

Colin said the couple moved from Wellington to the mid-north coast five years ago for health reasons and into the Bonny Hills property about 12 months ago so there was more room for the children.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...er-tyrell-search/story-fncynjr2-1227194638001

thats all I could find SA :)

Mr Spedding and his wife Margaret have been described as loving guardians to the three grandchildren they live with in the Bonny Hills home.

Colin said the couple moved from Wellington to the mid-north coast five years ago for health reasons and into the Bonny Hills property about 12 months ago so there was more room for the children.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cou...er-tyrell-search/story-fncynjr2-1227194638001

Ah, Colin again. Guardians to 'the' three grandchildren. Either way, it doesn't matter. Kin payments, foster parent payments. The boys appear to be gone. And Spedding under FACS investigation/inquiry a few months ago.

Thanks Amee, and everyone. :seeya:

Does anyone know the reason for BS not turning up at the grandmothers house the day William went missing? Did he give a reason? TIA

I don't understand this...

Wouldn't one of the first things you would tell the police be 'I had a tradesman coming today to fix the washing machine' and if so why were the police not on his doorstep within the first week?

Next from what I am reading a lot of people are saying about the FACS visit on the 9th of December being about treatment of the children, from my experience case workers often do visits and welfare checks. Also am I correct in thinking that the 3 children are grandchildren? Because if they are then it is classed as KIN care not foster care and is handled in a different manner then foster care.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...s-disappearance-son-says-20150303-13tz7u.html

Maybe they were? It was quite early that they raised the likelihood of human intervention.

Folks as I've noted numerous times...if you state something as fact you need to include a relevant media or police link. No link = no post.

IF it's something from social media, you can paraphrase as long as you include the link and that's as far as it goes...it can't be discussed.

IF you're not sure if something can be posted, sending a PM (private message) is the way to go and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Does anyone know the reason for BS not turning up at the grandmothers house the day William went missing? Did he give a reason? TIA

IIRC, he said that he called grandma that morning and left a message saying that he had the part and could come and fix the machine that day. He said he did not hear back from her and called again later and someone sanswered and said ' No, this was not a good time to come.' [ Is that correct, anyone know?]

It is possible that phone records disprove that version and it was a red flag.

IIRC, he said that he called grandma that morning and left a message saying that he had the part and could come and fix the machine that day. He said he did not hear back from her and called again later and someone sanswered and said ' No, this was not a good time to come.' [ Is that correct, anyone know?]

It is possible that phone records disprove that version and it was a red flag.
Interesting!!! Thanks for the info, Katydid23 :D

Ok ... this is totally hypothetical, and possibly comes from me watching too much Law & Order SVU -

But say a man discovered he had a predilection for child *advertiser censored*. His interests eventually led him to internet groups who shared the same tastes. However, the exchange of photos or videos wasn't free .... he had to reciprocate by exchanging images as well. Maybe he has had to do this before, or maybe this was his first time.

Maybe he came across a young child, and the temptation and opportunity was too great, and he took the child. Maybe he hid the child in an abandoned unit, where he had access to a computer. Maybe he just wanted photos or movies, and would eventually return the child. But maybe he gave the child sleeping tablets, to both prevent the child from having a clear memory and be able to identify him, and also to keep the child quiet (especially if the man couldn't be there the whole time), so that if anybody was nearby they wouldn't hear anything. Maybe he gave him too many tablets? Or maybe the child was gagged while left there alone, and accidently suffocated. Maybe the man would feel that he didn't "hurt" the child, that it was an accident?

Again .... this is totally hypothetical. But just a possible scenario

You would think there would be extensive computer/forensic evidence of that which by now would have been analysed and BS would have been arrested in that was the case.

If WT was in one of BS's vehicles or properties (regardless of whether BS was involved or not) then surely there would be forensic evidence and someone would have been arrested?

I found BS and MS choice of words interesting too, although at the time I thought he had nothing to do with it so I didn't ponder it too much. I just thought I would've worded it differently, like, "I have nothing to do with this." Now that the police have this sustained interested in him I've thought about their words a bit more. Then again, no matter what he says it will be analysed.

If he had spoken to a lawyer then shouldn't the advice had been "no comment" when responding to the media? BS's comments are strange but they certainly don't seem like something a lawyer would advise; they seem more like something that someone who was innocent but had thought about their words carefully (amateurish lawyer wannabe etc) might say.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...s-disappearance-son-says-20150303-13tz7u.html

There it is again. Could be just the phrasing but it sounds like there is another sibling/s that won't speak out for him. Maybe they want to avoid the media?

It appears as if not all children might live nearby. E.g. if someone lived on the other side of the country then they may still support them inherently but not be supporting them on a daily basis. Whereas two who live nearby (or within driving distance anyhow etc) might do that. Just my thoughts anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc