Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex's sister adopted 3 siblings in Scotland (as it's their policy to keep/place together). Is it Australian policy to keep siblings together I.e placed together? How challenging was W's behaviour? Did she fear she would lose LT if she couldn't manage W..... really struggling to see motive for anything other than accident.

I think they are well on the way to eliminating 'FM did it theory'. Day 3 and nothing of significance so far. I don't agree with some of the statements that have been made in media by officials (and ex officials) I am in the 'less said the better' camp, but I think police like to put on the pressure to see if somebody cracks.

Something that doesn't seem to have been mentioned much is the issue of how FM would have disposed of WT body if she had removed him from scene. Not easy or quick to bury a body..would need a shovel , would take time, would be messy , could easily have been seen in daylight.
Her clothes would have been messy...what became of the shovel..?
If body was just thrown out car...would probably have been found not long afterwards.
We don't know yet what happened to WT but FM involvement still seems to me to be more on the unlikely side of scale...imo
GJ taken off case for heavily pushing the accident theory with PS. He saw William fall from the balcony and helped the fgm by hiding the body is his 'missing time'?

I also find an accident and subsequent cover up hard to believe, maybe because in my mind I can’t imagine my child passing away from a freak accident and then thinking “I’d better cover this up” instead of “omg call 000” But then I’m not in someone else’s position.

what I do feel is more conceivable (not that I would do this) is if the accident was caused by someone - eg pushing someone and then they accidentally fell down the stairs, broke their neck - that sort of thing. And you suddenly felt very responsible for the death, leading to the need / want to cover it up.

Again though, it’s so hard to put yourself in these situations and think how you’d act/behave.

I just hope LE find something, find William and give the little man the burial he deserves.

I think they are well on the way to eliminating 'FM did it theory'. Day 3 and nothing of significance so far. I don't agree with some of the statements that have been made in media by officials (and ex officials) I am in the 'less said the better' camp, but I think police like to put on the pressure to see if somebody cracks.
Unbelievable, if that’s the case they’ve royally stuffed up - again

How many days after did the Foster Mum suddenly remember suspicious cars?

Surely that’s the kind of thing you remember straight away as your thinking your son has been taken?!
It's easy to sit back and say 'I would do this', but in reality, unless in that exact situation you don't know what you would do or remember.

stressful situations can cause you to remember weird irrelevant things, or they can make you hyper vigilant. You can also remember things days or weeks later as you walk through it in your mind. Everyone is different in how their minds react to certain situations.

How many days after did I remember seeing a little truck outside my neighbours house the day it was burgled?

This is interesting because I agree about remembering details later, but what about if you were eyeing them off with suspicion when they were there. She talked about locking eyes with one driver.

Do you recall if you thought the little truck was suspicious at the time?

I also find an accident and subsequent cover up hard to believe, maybe because in my mind I can’t imagine my child passing away from a freak accident and then thinking “I’d better cover this up” instead of “omg call 000” But then I’m not in someone else’s position.

what I do feel is more conceivable (not that I would do this) is if the accident was caused by someone - eg pushing someone and then they accidentally fell down the stairs, broke their neck - that sort of thing. And you suddenly felt very responsible for the death, leading to the need / want to cover it up.

Again though, it’s so hard to put yourself in these situations and think how you’d act/behave.

I just hope LE find something, find William and give the little man the burial he deserves.
Yes I agree

In what world would LE Throw somebody under the bus incase they crack?

They are a suspect and they clearly think this person did it. They have clearly said “they are only looking at one person”.

Yet you think they have just thrown a fishing net out there and would destroy a life and a reputation to see if the person cracks.

Dr Xanthe Mallett, Criminologist at University of Newcastle and author of the book Mothers Who Murder, told The Project that she had poured over testimony and victim impact statements during the coronial inquest and believes William’s foster mum to be credible.
https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...t/news-story/822eabae00bc2949bd7772c67a442be8

Shocking to me that Professionals involved in the case are coming out to defend the FFC. Surely police would not have made the declarations they have about her being a “person of interest” in this case if they were not sure of her involvement.
So puzzling. Why are they doubling down on defending her??

And if they "were" only testing / prooving a theory and that theory does not return any confirmation or results, it will be interesting to see what the FF does moving forward.

They are a suspect and they clearly think this person did it. They have clearly said “they are only looking at one person”.

Yet you think they have just thrown a fishing net out there :rolleyes:
But they aren't a suspect, they are a person of interest. BS was a POI too. He had his property searched, cars taken, taken in for questioning, every movement scrutinised etc. It was extremely similar to what they are doing now.

he was cleared

But they aren't a suspect, they are a person of interest. BS was a POI too. He had his property searched, cars taken, taken in for questioning, every movement scrutinised etc. It was extremely similar to what they are doing now.

he was cleared

Police commissioner Mick Fuller has confirmed there has been a significant breakthrough in the case, saying he was confident police would solve the mystery of what happened to William.

“There is certainly one person in particular that we are looking closely at,” he said

Can you show me proof of when they said this about another suspect please.

ETA - not being difficult as I watched a documentary on this case two weeks ago and then saw it in the news today. So I don’t know much about other suspects. But this seems pretty concrete to me that they think the FM is guilty IMO

Shocking to me that Professionals involved in the case are coming out to defend the FFC. Surely police would not have made the declarations they have about her being a “person of interest” in this case if they were not sure of her involvement.
So puzzling. Why are they doubling down on defending her??

I cannot find an Australian publication of this but here is an American one about what a POI can be and mean.

@Cleaver Greene might be able to shed some light on the AU meanings if any different.

What is a Person of Interest
A person of interest is someone the police are “interested” in during the proceedings of a criminal investigation. The police may be interested in this person for several reasons. For example, a person of interest may be considered as such because he or she:

• Is cooperating with the investigation
  • Is not directly involved in the investigation, but has information that may help the investigation along
  • Has specific characteristics or activities that warrant further investigation
https://legaldictionary.net/person-of-interest/

Yet you think they have just thrown a fishing net out there and would destroy a life and a reputation to see if the person cracks.

We have seen this before in this case, if this was the first time I would agree with you, but it isn't ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper