Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find the post any more sorry, but someone was talking about editing metadata being a complicated process. Although it might not be a general sort of knowledge everyone has, it really isn't a difficult process. You can do it from the camera itself (which is the easiest way in my personal opinion) or on a PC with software, or even by uploading it to the web and using a free web based extractor and editor. But at the end of the day, the image will always show the metadata has been edited in some way. Which is why I said it would be a pretty easy check for LE to see if the metadata of the old photo's on the family holiday when the camera was purchased was set to the same time as the proof of life photo and determine easily if there was any relevance to the claim that the camera was purchased in Bali and thus the time difference.

I learned how to check for any changes to the metadata in photos both on a DSLR camera and on a PC in my first photojournalism class. It was part of learning how to deduce when a tip/lead was genuine. A lot of photo hoaxes are sent to news rooms in the digital age so it was considered a standard part of my course to learn about it.
In fact, it's actually this metadata evidence that drew me to look into what people knew about this case. I was surprised the Bali rationale was accepted. Assuming the seller had set it to local time for them, the reversal of the minutes (7:39 original metadata, 9:37 edited metadata) always bothered me. There shouldn't be a 2-min time difference there. It should be 7:39 and 9:39 or 7:37 and 9:37 if the metadata wasn't edited manually because that just isn't how it works. If the PC just autofixed the metadata the minutes should always stay the same and only the hour should change. That's just how digital internal clocks work when they switch time zones.

Quartz clocks don't keep perfect time and some keep time better than others or worse than others - maybe one possible explanation for the 2 minute discrepancy.

Can you show me proof of when they said this about another suspect please.

ETA - not being difficult as I watched a documentary on this case two weeks ago and then saw it in the news today. So I don’t know much about other suspects. But this seems pretty concrete to me that they think the FM is guilty IMO

Not everyone screams in these circumstances.
I certainly don't. I saw somebody hit by a car in front of me and quietly ran to help him, no screaming, nothing.
The same happened to me, a child ran out and was hit by a car right next to my car when i was parked. I was in shock and just froze, did not make a sound could barely move it was so confronting. I then got out and assisted and could barely utter a word. He was out cold on the ground, I thought he was dead. He spent weeks in hospital apparently but was ok.

I cannot find an Australian publication of this but here is an American one about what a POI can be and mean.

@Cleaver Greene might be able to shed some light on the AU meanings if any different.

What is a Person of Interest
A person of interest is someone the police are “interested” in during the proceedings of a criminal investigation. The police may be interested in this person for several reasons. For example, a person of interest may be considered as such because he or she:

• Is cooperating with the investigation
  • Is not directly involved in the investigation, but has information that may help the investigation along
  • Has specific characteristics or activities that warrant further investigation
https://legaldictionary.net/person-of-interest/

There is no legal definition of a POI. That person doesn’t get any particular legal rights. It’s just a word thrown around by police and media.

a person becomes a suspect when police have a “reasonable suspicion” that they committed an offence and police can then detain that person for questioning, get search warrants etc.

is it not a massive case in Australia?

I assume that’s why the press are having such a big presence as it’s big news that one member of the family is now the sole suspect in the case.

IMO

So LE have stated throughout that they are searching for remains. Why would they then allow cameras to get so close? Imagine the indignity of WT being found and photos of his tiny remains then plastered across the media. Imagine the distress that would cause those who love him?

This is pure theatre IMO. Even when they were assessing a piece of fabric in the wooded area, the detective pulled out a Spiderman suit for comparison and hummed and hawwed, then shook his head slowly. I was half expecting him to pull a giant magnifying glass from his pocket!

This is interesting because I agree about remembering details later, but what about if you were eyeing them off with suspicion when they were there. She talked about locking eyes with one driver.

Do you recall if you thought the little truck was suspicious at the time?

I think FFC stated she locked eyes with a passing truck driver whilst out searching, not the vehicles she alleged were parked on the street.

sorry to contradict CO but initially FFC set out from the Benaroon dr house by herself down to Batar Creek rd. where she looked in reeds down near the bus stop and heard the strange bird cry and then went out onto BC road and drove up to the riding school and then returned. FFC only went to AMS after the MFC had returned and he began looking. After talking with AMS, she volunteered to help look. They walked down Benaroon st together and split up at Ellendale. AMS went down to Batar Cr. rd thinking the bus stop might be attractive to little kids cause it has paintings on it. They then met up again with FFC saying she'll have to phone the police and went back up to the house. My info comes from the inquest from

Police have done a lot of harm on this case... Ruined BS life, business, etc. Same will happen now to Forster parents. PS mental health significantly effected. Their strategy of publically identifying various people and ruining their life seems rubbish to me. Should have stuck to "we are investigating multiple people" and maintained that.

I think FFC stated she locked eyes with a passing truck driver whilst out searching, not the vehicles she alleged were parked on the street.[/QUOTE]

Yes that's correct, she didn't recall that until later too, she also noted about the other cars and seeing them several times.

I'm not making a judgement just pondering if you eyed these cars like she states, would you remember them when prompted on a 000 call.

I

The FGM witness statement does not mention anything about her daughter, the FM, going anywhere in a car.

The 7 minute marker does my head. FF - "There was a little bit of confusion if William was with me".

I thought FF would have arrived into a "panic", "mayhem", "chaos" situation when he arrived home - not just "a little bit of confusion". Why did FM not call FF the second she could not find William and keep trying until she reached him? I don't know a parent that would not have been terrified and calling their partner not stop until they answered. A missing child is pretty URGENT.

Last edited:
I’m no expert in human behaviour, but I’ve been involved in criminal law long enough to have a bit of an understanding of motive.

None of this really makes sense to me either. I just can’t understand how the prime suspect has been sitting under the noses of police this whole time. It’s not normal that a person could be interrogated by police over and over again and not give up any inconsistency altogether.

IF the FM is involved, the only theory I think that makes any sense is that there was an accident, a panicked coverup by one person, non disclosure to ANYONE (except maybe the FD who witnessed) and then sheer dumb luck that the initial investigation pursued other leads and lost valuable evidence.

and IF that’s the case (very big IF) then there must have been some sort of psychopathy that enabled her to believe her own story so that her story became her truth.

That’s just my theory.

The 7 minute marker does my head. FF - "There was a little bit of confusion if William was with me".

I thought FF would have arrived into a "panic", "mayhem", "chaos" situation when he arrived home - not just "a little bit of confusion". Why did FM not call FF the second she could not find William and keep trying until she reached him? I don't know a parent that would not have been terrified and calling their partner not stop until they answered. A missing child is pretty URGENT.
She was expecting him home very soon.
He was expected to arrive home between 10:15 and 10:30

Her focus was on finding William

And until the news this week, my most likely theory was that he wandered off, got lost and either ended up in dense scrub that wasn’t searched or a stranger stumbled across him.

I’ve never believed the paedophile ring theory. Actual paedophile rings where children are murdered, are quite rare in Australia. The more people involved in a crime, the more likely someone is to talk. So paedophile rings gain the trust of a vulnerable child so the child doesn’t talk. Or they take children who will not be missed. Or they share child exploitation material.

They don’t snatch small children from the street because there will be a massive manhunt and it will be too hard to keep it quiet. When there are random abductions, it is usually by a lone offender.

Last edited:
Courageous closing Cleaver, defence may use it, if the prosecution doesn’t, “She can fool a hardened DCI, don’t let her fool you”.

The prosecution closing would have to convince the jury that the earlier investigations were so incompetent that they lost critical evidence. Prosecution would have to detail all the lost opportunities for 5 years. That would be an excruciating closing for NSWPOL.

I wouldn't call Kendall isolated. It's a small town.

It's not really far from any other towns, 36km from Port Macquarie and close to other towns. Not far from Taree too.
Plus near some other small towns.

Do you recall the woman who usually walked that hill for exercise? Unfortunately she had other errands that day but Beneroon Drive was known by the locals as ‘heartbreak hill’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper