Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to re-visit this, with the possible time line discrepancies......

To see if it fit or not????

Council for the Coroner asked a lot of questions about the "tea" at the inquest..... it seemed quite odd at the time, but there must have been some point he was trying get across..... or question he trying to get answered to prove or disprove a point.....

We don't know the answer yet.... but the tea was still warm when the first officer arrived at the home......

I guess we need to ask who really made the tea??? Was the tea actually made while FM was on her drive???

None of it seems to be making sense atm

All IMO
maybe fgm put the kettle on and made another cup while all the kerfuffle was happening outside?:)

I was under impression they were already charges laid but no arrests.

From the daily mail article:

While some commentators have suggested an arrest in the case is imminent, police and legal sources believe the evidence uncovered so far is insufficient to stand up a case with with the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

I don't think these are 'police and legal sources' connected directly with case, they would probably not know what the actual detectives have on them. IMO

No one will be charged over William Tyrrell's disappearance unless physical evidence is found | Daily Mail Online

I think it's quite possible that William was out of sight for longer than the FM has admitted, only because as others have also observed she has emphasized the fact she is a 'good mother' so maybe she has some guilt there.

Yes. I think that’s true regardless of whether she did anything. It would certainly explain the overcompensation in interviews.

I’m no expert in human behaviour, but I’ve been involved in criminal law long enough to have a bit of an understanding of motive.

None of this really makes sense to me either. I just can’t understand how the prime suspect has been sitting under the noses of police this whole time. It’s not normal that a person could be interrogated by police over and over again and not give up any inconsistency altogether.

IF the FM is involved, the only theory I think that makes any sense is that there was an accident, a panicked coverup by one person, non disclosure to ANYONE (except maybe the FD who witnessed) and then sheer dumb luck that the initial investigation pursued other leads and lost valuable evidence.

and IF that’s the case (very big IF) then there must have been some sort of psychopathy that enabled her to believe her own story so that her story became her truth.

That’s just my theory.
There have actually been many inconsistencies with her story, which seemingly haven’t been investigated and presumably form the basis of the current investigation MOO

She was expecting him home very soon.
He was expected to arrive home between 10:15 and 10:30

Her focus was on finding William
OK so if you were a little bit confused and thought William may be with his Dad you then get in the car and drive down to the bush? You don't call Dad and ask if William is with you first??? This is the very part that I am not buying. How you would react if your child was missing and how you would not see the urgency to communicate this with your partner?

I think they are well on the way to eliminating 'FM did it theory'. Day 3 and nothing of significance so far. I don't agree with some of the statements that have been made in media by officials (and ex officials) I am in the 'less said the better' camp, but I think police like to put on the pressure to see if somebody cracks.
I don't think there's anything indicating this is what they're well on the way to. They said this investigation will take 2-3 weeks. I don't know why some are so quick to assume it must be a bust when it's only been three days.

OK so if you were a little bit confused and thought William may be with his Dad you then get in the car and drive down to the bush? You don't call Dad and ask if William is with you???
It's possible she couldn't get hold of him (on another call etc), so in the meantime she drove up the road looking in case he had wandered off.

I think it's quite possible that William was out of sight for longer than the FM has admitted, only because as others have also observed she has emphasized the fact she is a 'good mother' so maybe she has some guilt there.
Good point, and this could also explain the inconsistencies in her story - ie she’s not hiding a death, but rather hiding her lack of appropriate care of William and sister..

Yes. I think that’s true regardless of whether she did anything. It would certainly explain the overcompensation in interviews.

Yes, and would give whatever happened a better opportunity of happening ..

I've always thought of this as a possibility too.

If we accept the time stamp of 9.37am as the last evidence of him under supervision, and give them a few minutes outside of that .. FM doesn't start looking for him until 5 minutes after she last saw him at 10.30, lets say that was actually much closer to 10am, even before, that gives someone 30 mins to say hit him with the car and bundle him into the boot and drive off, or 30 mins to lure him into the bush and away or similar. That's quite a long time before people at home started the search, and another hour before police were aware.

The disappearance
William Tyrrell was last seen about 10:30am on September 12, 2014, playing a game with his older sister on the lawn of his foster grandmother's home in Kendall.

His foster mother, who was sitting watching them, went inside to make a cup of tea.

She became concerned when she realised she hadn't heard anything from William for five minutes and began searching the house and the front and back yard.

A short time later, William Tyrrell's foster father arrived back from Lakewood, a 10-minute drive away, where he had gone in search of a better internet connection for a work conference call.

He joined in the search and started knocking on the doors of neighbours.

Just before 11am, the foster mother called triple-0 to report William missing.

This is what we know about the William Tyrrell case

There have actually been many inconsistencies with her story, which seemingly haven’t been investigated and presumably form the basis of the current investigation MOO

Agreed. As someone mentioned upthread it would be intetesting to have it all layed out. Anyone...
:D

I've also noted that the times members have noted from the early days differs a lot..

It's possible she couldn't get hold of him (on another call etc), so in the meantime she drove up the road looking in case he had wandered off.
My understanding is that FF sent 2 texts to FM during the time he left the house and returned to the house. My understanding is that there were zero replies from FM and zero phone calls made from FM to FF after discovering William was missing. The first FF was aware William was missing was when he arrived back in his car in the driveway. Then there is "a little bit of confusion" if William was with FF.

Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong. Were there any phone calls or attempted phone calls from FM to FF? I have read that she simply waited in the driveway for him to get home to tell him that William was missing.

Agreed. As someone mentioned upthread it would be intetesting to have it all layed out. Anyone...
:D

I've also noted that the times members have noted from the early days differs a lot..

Oh same, sometimes it was said he was playing with his sister in the yard, other times ran around the side of the house alone, then I have also heard two versions of the game he was playing .. either 'Daddy Tiger' or 'Mummy Tiger' .. is that media inconsistencies, or actual witness inconsistencies, it's hard to tell.

I've been thinking about the assault charge and raising "it could have been from falling from a horse" sounds weird if it happened yesterday - everyone would be 100% sure it was from falling from a horse. Wonder if she has had to have an x-ray for something innocuous and they have found multiple old fractures etc and they have said "she could have broken it falling from a horse years ago etc'.

The 7 minute marker does my head. FF - "There was a little bit of confusion if William was with me".

I thought FF would have arrived into a "panic", "mayhem", "chaos" situation when he arrived home - not just "a little bit of confusion". Why did FM not call FF the second she could not find William and keep trying until she reached him? I don't know a parent that would not have been terrified and calling their partner not stop until they answered. A missing child is pretty URGENT.
So both FM and FD both mention William wasn’t a wanderer. The FM makes it clear he wouldn’t be enticed by a stranger at all. It’s mentioned William was a cautious boy who wouldn’t just run off on his own, he would think about his actions. The FM goes to great lengths to mention his safe the streets are around the FGM’s house, hie kids play in the streets etc. She goes to great lengths saying how a local wouldn’t take William. Also how they mention there was confusion as to if the FF had William, and how William looks out for the FF’s car and sometimes runs down to meet him.

IMO this whole thing in a contradiction!

The FGM house isn’t a thoroughfare, it doesn’t get much traffic at all, so what? A stranger who doesn’t know the area is who they think snatched William? The Family weren’t even suppose to be in Kendall at that stage, so again, a stranger just happened down Benaroon drive, and sat there and waiting for the perfect opportunity to snatch him? How did they see William? Was William that unsupervised he was seen? Did the perp see the family in the front of the house/garden and just sit there and wait til William was alone?

William was a thinker who didn’t just run off into situations alone? Yet he would run down to the street to greet his FF when he got home? And he was allowed to do this alone? That fits in with the Kendall being considered safe, but again, the odds of their being a perp just sitting there waiting on a chance that a child who doesn’t usually reside in that house will present an opportunity to be taken are pretty low. While the chances of being seen driving or sitting in a car in a dead end street when you aren’t suppose to be there are very high. I suppose it could be just dumb luck, but still.......

if William wasn’t the type to be enticed, then Wouldn’t he have yelled being grabbed? Maybe the perp covered Williams mouth? But in a place where there isn’t much traffic, not much sound, wouldn’t you hear a screaming if a child was snatched? And wouldn’t you hear a car driving off? Surely someone would have heard something?

I’m not “buying in” either, but I’m open to the possibility. The window of time for an abduction, with family members sitting outside, in that quiet no through cul de sac, with no one hearing or seeing a thing, is equally unlikely.

But something happened, didn’t it.

If this had happened from William’s home in Nth Sydney a camera, somewhere would’ve solved this years ago.

Jamie Bulger was taken by two young children from a busy shopping centre, cameras confirmed later the unbelievable act.
Too many stranger abductions to list.

Witnesses, cameras, phone pings were nowhere to be found that day.

Oh same, sometimes it was said he was playing with his sister in the yard, other times ran around the side of the house alone, then I have also heard two versions of the game he was playing .. either 'Daddy Tiger' or 'Mummy Tiger' .. is that media inconsistencies, or actual witness inconsistencies, it's hard to tell.
FM herself uses both "Daddy Tiger" and "Mummy Tiger" in her 60 Minutes interview and in her police report which was read on the Channel 10 podcast.

If this all turns out to be nothing (the searches), it has me wondering. Fuller is retiring, is he pushing to go out with the 'big one' solved and under his belt (go out on a high).

he's very vocal this week.

I was more thinking of the internal positioning to gain Fuller's job in 4-5 months time, when he retires.

There are apparently 6 or 7 people that have been 'picked' (by media) as possibles for the position.

One article I read said the police would really like Fuller's replacement to be a police officer.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members