Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact same was said about CS's abduction. No one would go to a an isolated spot with children at 6.30 at night. The majority of the public did not believe anyone could enter a tent with parents asleep inside and sneak out a child.
The parents were abused, threatened and villified by the public for their interviews and how they responded, how they drove around looking for their child and didn't wait at the tent, why they even went camping with kids in the first place, the way she was dressed, her parenting style, one parent being a step parent so........

Yet while many members of the public immediately suspected the parents, the police soon established there was an outsider in the camp. If the CS scenario had happened in William's case, a neighbour would have stepped up to confidentially tell police he/ she had had a visit from a contact selling drugs. These neighbours were in their usual quiet street, so they were more likely to identify someone out of place, and could have told the police. Tradesmen, verified visitors etc could have been ruled out, but there could have been another "doll collector" in the bunch.
Yes, it's possible that a child could be snatched off a culdesac but it's extremely unusual that nobody saw or heard anything when even an unverified car would stand out.

If William is found in the creek, I wonder if they will be able to tell how he died.
I’ve never totally dismissed drowning, I always remember the little NZ girl, whom they were sure had been abducted, at one stage they were looking for an Asian woman with a dog.
Eventually they discovered she had stood on a manhole cover, that was not on properly, and it had flipped and she drowned.

There’s an article in The Australian about an hour ago - I can’t access it (not a subscriber) but wondered what this was about? Or is it just the fabric that has since been dismissed?
New potential evidence has emerged in the William Tyrrell case

There’s an article in The Australian about an hour ago - I can’t access it (not a subscriber) but wondered what this was about? Or is it just the fabric that has since been dismissed?

Light blue material, about 8 cms wide, has been bagged and will be sent to a lab for testing. Yesterday, red thread was found and was sent for testing, which may take weeks.

NoCookies | The Australian

It's hard to fathom, I know. Especially the time frame. It is short, so that's always going to be a problem to wrap your head around, but really, if you think about it, it takes less than a few minutes to place a body somewhere in a bushy area.

I think it's quite clear when looking at motive that the FF would be afraid of losing custody of the other child if it was an accident. A biological family in the same situation would not have the same fears or stressors, this cannot be overlooked, IMO.

Motive + Opportunity are there. IMO.
I'm an adoptive mom of 2 kids, now grown. I completely understand the fear a foster parent can have about a child being injured in their home. But I am not accepting at face value, the claim that a foster mom would be so fearful or stressed that she wouldn't call an ambulance if her 3 yr old fell from the balcony.

Just because she is not a bio parent, doesn't mean she doesn't feel compassion and urgency when a child is suddenly injured.

Maybe this woman is a cold, callous heartless evil person. But I never had that impression earlier. I might be blind and biased because of my own defensiveness as an adoptive mum. But I am not ready to accept she was a monster, just yet. :(

A light blue piece of material measuring 8cm was found & sent for testing

A NSW Police spokesman confirmed the material could be a potential piece of evidence in the case.

I'm an adoptive mom of 2 kids, now grown. I completely understand the fear a foster parent can have about a child being injured in their home. But I am not accepting at face value, the claim that a foster mom would be so fearful or stressed that she wouldn't call an ambulance if her 3 yr old fell from the balcony.

Just because she is not a bio parent, doesn't mean she doesn't feel compassion and urgency when a child is suddenly injured.

Maybe this woman is a cold, callous heartless evil person. But I never had that impression earlier. I might be blind and biased because of my own defensiveness as an adoptive mum. But I am not ready to accept she was a monster, just yet. :(

Of all the times I have seen her, I have never thought or seen her in that way .

If William is found in the creek, I wonder if they will be able to tell how he died.
I’ve never totally dismissed drowning, I always remember the little NZ girl, whom they were sure had been abducted, at one stage they were looking for an Asian woman with a dog.
Eventually they discovered she had stood on a manhole cover, that was not on properly, and it had flipped and she drowned.

Even after 7 years, it is likely that if the body has been in cold water all this time, that it will be somewhat preserved. Bodies in water don't decompose the same way they would on land, as they obtain a waxy covering on their body that prevents decay. In addition there is less bacteria and insect activity in submerged bodies which drastically slows the rate of decomposition.

So it is likely that a cause of death can probably be determined from remains found, especially if there was fracture of bones or traumatic injury, but if not, the circumstantial evidence will probably tell the story.

JMO

You can only have a residue scent if it touched something.
If the body never touched the interior of the car (because it was wrapped in something nonporous), and no tissue leaked out of the body into the interior of the car. There is no residual scent to detect.

IMO.
But as you said earlier, there are many variables. Length of time in trunk, blood or fluids present, type of material used...etc

What are the chances an inexperienced , panicky, novice is able to make all the right moves ands decisions in a hurried effort to move a dead child around? By herself, in a time crunch, and being secretive?

But as you said earlier, there are many variables. Length of time in trunk, blood or fluids present, type of material used...etc

What are the chances an inexperienced , panicky, novice is able to make all the right moves ands decisions in a hurried effort to move a dead child around? By herself, in a time crunch, and being secretive?
And having a tarp handy !

I agree that a novice would have a hard time thinking of all of these things in a spur of the moment situation like an accident. There could also be a lot of luck involved. It seems as though the car wasn't originally properly examined - from reading between the lines I think it's safe to infer that it wasn't tested for DNA originally, although this is speculative.

But an accident is only one theory. If this was actually premeditated it would make a lot more sense.

I think that these theories are still far more likely than a lurking pedophile snatched him.

There will be evidence found if the boy was harmed on that property. It's only a matter of time.
JMO.

I remember PD Gov searched is heart out, to the pint of exhaustion & had to be rushed to the vets

He retired with his handler in 2018

40746392_1657285211047244_6075502244038443008_n.jpg

40638544_1657285497713882_6594903144633729024_n.jpg

Even after 7 years, it is likely that if the body has been in cold water all this time, that it will be somewhat preserved. Bodies in water don't decompose the same way they would on land, as they obtain a waxy covering on their body that prevents decay. In addition there is less bacteria and insect activity in submerged bodies which drastically slows the rate of decomposition.

So it is likely that a cause of death can probably be determined from remains found, especially if there was fracture of bones or traumatic injury, but if not, the circumstantial evidence will probably tell the story.

JMO
If the body never surfaced, wouldn't there have to be something keeping it under? Like concrete slabs or being inside a barrel or something? I'd think there'd be clues from the way it was kept trapped underwater all these years.

If the body never surfaced, wouldn't there have to be something keeping it under? Like concrete slabs or being inside a barrel or something? I'd think there'd be clues from the way it was kept trapped underwater all these years.

Not necessarily. Bodies placed in water usually float for several days as the gasses build inside the body, and then sink again.

JMO
They couldn't determine cause of death for poor Allison Bade-Clay & she was found in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme