Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that his shoes over near the mat by the door and his feet look clean if that’s relevant to him wearing shoes.

c379d38c4bc3bf4f6d1e53e712537b9c

dfc0e900b05a514f1db3a86e2afdfb37

b3de83738f4e69d9f7f81829c71e5dc2

ff65ea340baf83964cff2c85a9b4d359

NoCookies | The Australian

William’s foster Mum has told police the later time is the correct one, saying the clock’s camera was off by about two hours.
A forensic digital report into the matter is being conducted, but the results were not released with the photographs today.
The photos are key evidence, because they provide “proof of life” for William on the morning of his disappearance.

Well, proof of life at 9.37am would suggest to LE that he was abducted. Without that, the FF would well and truly have been key suspects from the outset.
Yes true but I still think it would have been a risky move if they did adjust time stamp. I’m hoping this isn’t the case and camera was just corrected automatically as suggested above. I really hope foster mother isn’t responsible, I just can’t see her being so calculated and cold. IMO

My take on the photo is, it was probably the forensics that adjusted the photo time when they got the camera & realised the time difference.

When it was bought up at the inquest by Swift ( rep the Bio dad ) & the corner agreed that should be looked at & Craddock agreed.

We never heard anymore about it , so I assume it all checked out

All IMO

Ok so the thing is this 96 minute window, all these things had to have happened, based on Prime Suspects post (sorry cannot link it as old thread)

WT had a fatal accident within minutes of the photo taken,
FM hid the body immediately (presumably in FGM car or temporarily in roof cavity/under house???),
FM made 2 landline phone calls, one to BS about washing machine, 2nd call to GO about the deck,
not having cups of tea and catch with her mother but plotting what to do next,
decided to 'look' for WT,
transferred body to FGM car or the body was already in boot after immediately after accident,
disposes of body by burying in the bushes while 'searching' for WT.
FGM has agreed to last sighting of WT outside playing,
FM calls FF on phone and he's taken it on board, and is instantly agreeable to a cover up. :eek: FF returns home and the whole charade begins.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok things that do not add up to me is the ability for all this to happen and a covered up in the 96 minutes. Not to mention it would be the FM dictating that it be 96minutes. Remember she chose to call the police at that time, why not giver herself more time, why not a whole day. Was it done so the FF wouldnt find out, seems odd.

Also people are not career criminals, I assume anyone here would think that when a kid goes missing that LE would check attics and basements and sniffer dogs in car boots etc. We see so many crime shows we would just know we wouldn't get away with it or wouldnt think we would. The FF would be the same. It seems like an extremely high risk for little reward, if accident theory is correct, the risk of being caught with a dead body in the attic (or wherever it was) is a lot more than getting charged for a tragic accident.

Im starting to think that they have gone over every single bit of information and they have absolutely no one they can get a solid case on, and they only thing that has not been thoroughly checked it seems is the FM and the car/house. Also they are basing the entire investigation on the first statements of the FF, so maybe now the tactic is fresh eyes, lets look at it as though those statements are false and see where we end up. Honestly this should have been done at the beginning, and according to the FF they invite any thorough investigation, so I hope they still stand by this.

The AVO and the assault charge, whilst serious, it could be a trumped up charge to scare them and see if they break, the police may know full well it wont lead to anything (want to stipulate I have no more info than anyone else, it could be a very serious abuse incident). But we dont know anything about the circumstances, was this a child who went to their teacher to say abuse occured, were police called to an altercation. Or did someone see bruising and didnt believe the story told by the daughter and/or foster family.

Its such a tight window, and unless the accident occurred because of temper or anger or premeditated its seems strange that it would be covered up. Also not just getting your daughter and elderly mother to play along, but play along convincingly. Thats what gets me they would all have to be so convincing. Unless the mother knew the police would blame the Bio family, and led them down that path. But again, such a tight window to even calm done enough to convincingly pull it off.

I think it could fit. Speculation only:

Accidental fall from balcony, scream heard, body found by FFC.

Body hidden in car boot due to fear of other things being discovered (bruising, or worse).

Body driven to first spot in bush by FFC; story is can't find him, maybe he hit his head, wandered off, fell in a hole. If discovered, well ok fits with that story.

MFC arrives home, is perhaps not told truth yet. Police arrive, search starts.

Body collected by FFC and hidden further away on trip to airport. MFC may have been told by this stage.

Search continues, with new speculation about abduction. Strange cars on street recalled. If body discovered now, far away, fits with this theory.

https://twitter.com/benfordhamlive/status/1461070003734650882?s=21

Interesting -
.@BenFordham - "Did you ever examine the foster grandmother's Mazda hatchback, which has now been seized by police?"

Gary Jubelin - "I don't recall us examining that car.”

I know GJ only came on board 5/6 months into the case so is he saying the examination didn’t occur under his watch or didn’t occur at all? Yet upthread someone mentions he confirms the examination in his book?

WT went to live with his foster parents as a seven-month-old in January 2012 and remained in their care until his September 2014 disappearance.

Ms Smith, who won a landmark legal battle against the NSW Government to have WT's status as a fostered child made public in 2017, said the missing boy's birth family is on a rollercoaster of emotions.

William Tyrrell's biological father fearful of investigation outcome after his downward spiral | Daily Mail Online
I agree. When the time is right, there needs to be a full enquiry into the handling of this case by the Dept of community services.

Hello, a new member here. I really am very appreciative of the great wealth of resources that members of the forum have collected!
But one thing I keep noticing is everyone keeps asking very logical questions re the police's current investigation.
Why wouldn't you delete the photo if it incriminated you? Why would you move the body?

The truth is, unless a crime is premeditated and planned, people don't account for every single possibility and every single action they'll take. Crimes get solved because people make simple mistakes that a person not under duress and able to think calmly and rationally would not make. People's actions under anxiety, adrenaline, exhilaration, psychosis, intoxication, anger trauma, guilt. They're not rational, they're all emotional responses and emotional responses are where folks make mistakes. Police solve crimes because they're good at understanding how people act when they're not behaving rationally. They're trained to understand that.

I'm not casting any aspersions on anyone in this case. But I do think it's unhelpful to understanding the motives of the current police investigation to be throwing out questions related to logical actions a person would take to cover up a crime. It's not my opinion that anything anywhere has pointed to the FFC as being a coldblooded or ruthless murderer. But could she make poor decisions under a high stress situation that result in her taking a criminal action? Of course, any one could. No one knows how they are going to react to a situation until they are confronted with it, really.

My take on the photo is, it was probably the forensics that adjusted the photo time when they got the camera & realised the time difference.

When it was bought up at the inquest by Swift ( rep the Bio dad ) & the corner agreed that should be looked at & Craddock agreed.

We never heard anymore about it , so I assume it all checked out

All IMO
There's the answer! Thanks, drsleuth.

Body hidden in car boot due to fear of other things being discovered (bruising, or worse).

Body driven to first spot in bush by FFC; story is can't find him, maybe he hit his head, wandered off, fell in a hole. If discovered, well ok fits with that story.

Body collected by FFC and hidden further away on trip to airport. MFC may have been told by this stage.

Search continues, with new speculation about abduction. Strange cars on street recalled. If body discovered now, far away, fits with this theory.
i agree, and just go along with it, believe your own lie, dont tell anyone

I just can’t get my head around how someone could do this and then make such a calm call to 000. This was a child she’d mothered from a baby

Well, proof of life at 9.37am would suggest to LE that he was abducted. Without that, the FF would well and truly have been key suspects from the outset.
It would not have been suspicious to have a photo of 7.39

There is time, dont get me wrong, but thats based on a cool calm and collected person who knows exactly what they are doing. If you go over your steps, its without emotion involved and retrospective. In realtime its a hysterical parent and grandparent who just happen across their child, choose not to perform first aid or CPR, determine he is dead, argue/debate about what they should do and then come up with a plan and then carry it out, then get their story straight and convince a little girl of the story. Then convincingly for 7 years cover it up. its a lot to process, especially if they are basing this on bindis and shoes from the photo as proof that she is inconsistent. Im not saying this didn't happen, but OMG the luck, audacity and brazenness needed to do it successfully is insane.

Also she is the one dictating the time frame. She called the cops. She could have waited, given herself more time..

The photos could have been corrected by the computer or photo program automatically upon upload. For example the photo may have had 7.39 GMT+8 and upon upload the photo program and/or computer adjusted it automatically to match the computers internal clock to AEDT

Not sure about the minutes and seconds being out. But it may not have been a manual human intervention, but just how the computer was set up.

I'm inclined to think this is likely. Thinking of my digital camera, that I haven't used in years, I would attach the camera to a laptop in order to print off photos or email photos.

I don't remember if it ever adjusted the time when doing this though?

But it might have done. And why it did 2 hours and 2 minutes instead of exactly 2 hours I don't know. But the time on my phone compared to my laptop or car or TV can all vary by a few minutes.

I also don't understand why the time would be changed if it was done to cover something up.

If my child went missing I doubt I'd have a photo just before the disappearance. I don't take a heap of photos so it would be doubtful if I'd even have a photo from that day, let alone that close to a disappearance.

So if I was trying to cover my tracks it wouldn't occur to me to change the time on the photo from 7.30 to 9.30. Proof of life that morning is still there.

We made an amateurish attempt at that on an earlier thread. The expected differences were so small and the shadows and reflections not crisp. Someone was arguing that he could see a difference in the photograph from what it should have been and it turned out the difference he was claiming pointed in the opposite direction, so that if anything the picture would have been taken later than claimed. Professionals might do better.
I don't remember this JLZ, but it made me giggle, thanks :D

Hi again, My mind thinks also - if at some point when you are looking for a missing child and you have done a lap of inside and around the perimeter of the Grandmothers house. It then becomes - real - he's now missing - I would definetly be calling my husband and not just wait for his usual text that he was on the way back from his errands. I would have been onto him to come back and search with me - if I had done a certain area/vicinity of where he might get to easily. If he wasn't able to be sighted then I would be calling my husband back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P.I_Ms.Wilson