Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have actively posted on an adoption/foster care forum for many years and that sentiment is expressed by many who come to the forum. Maybe you have never heard anyone say that, but I have. Including here on this forum, in cases where foster or adoptive parents were the perps in the case.

It is a common belief among many people. JMO

Are you in Australia Katy? I've never heard of a sentiment like this.

I think when it comes to foster children who are abused or killed by their foster parents, the wrath is harsher and it should be, IMO. Those people promised to take vulnerable people on and then further abused them. People who do this are vile and they deserve utter contempt. IMO

I have noticed in the recent media coverage that the grey land rover discovery the carers owned is neither of the cars in their driveway. Has this been sold, if so, why? It looked in mint condition in 2017. Has this car ever been forensically examined? The back passenger doors on that car are in a straight line.

Where as vehicle FMC is getting out of in this video (at 42 secs in this clip) the back passenger doors are shaped like this >

Where is the photo of the car from InFocus ? Could you post a link please?

I think when it comes to foster children who are abused or killed by their foster parents, the wrath is harsher and it should be, IMO. Those people promised to take vulnerable people on and then further abused them. People who do this are vile and they deserve utter contempt. IMO

A good example is Tiahleigh Palmer, and these are not people they are taking on - but children...

“I’m very confident of the strike force getting a body of information and evidence together to report to the coroner to continue the inquest, and the coroner will deal with that information as she sees fit,” he told reporters on Friday.

However, if nothing significant is found things would be left “in the hands of the coroner”, Det Chief Supt Bennett said.

“No matter what happens, the investigation will go on,” he said.

Interesting wording....'if nothing is found...'

My kids would eat through that allowance in a couple of days!! :)

I doubt anyone who is a parent would think that's a lot of money. I doubt anyone gets into foster parenting for the money, particularly wealthy people. It doesn't make sense and the foster system seems very restrictive, it wouldn't be worth it.

Of course they are. Vile and evil for sure.

No, I am not in Australia. But I have read a few posts here and some articles, like the one from the anti-foster activist who works with the bio family, and I picked up on some of those same negative sentiments.

I doubt anyone who is a parent would think that's a lot of money. I doubt anyone gets into foster parenting for the money, particularly wealthy people. It doesn't make sense and the foster system seems very restrictive, it wouldn't be worth it.

Some people might do it for the money - but, if they are loving and caring, then what would be the issue? we have a shortage of foster carers in australia and I would like to see FACS raising the amount to attract more loving families to do this...

Hundreds of carers needed in regional areas as COVID causes foster carer shortage

No, I am not in Australia. But I have read a few posts here and some articles, like the one from the anti-foster activist who works with the bio family, and I picked up on some of those same negative sentiments.

To be fair, Alannah Smith is a woman who was abused as a child in the foster system and is an incredible passionate advocate for vulnerable children and their families! She single handedly took on FACS in the Supreme Court to lift suppression of the fact William was in foster care.

She is a superhero, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think that anyone has said or implied that. These people certainly were not in it for the money. The money would have not made any difference to them.
It feels to me like many people have been questioning FosterMom's ability to love William. Much has been made of her inability to bond with him, and the belief that she wanted to kill him because she didn't want to adopt him because she didn't like him very much. Am I misunderstanding the speculation?

To be fair, Alannah Smith is a woman who was abused as a child in the foster system and is an incredible passionate advocate for vulnerable children and their families! She single handedly took on FACS in the Supreme Court to lift suppression of the fact William was in foster care.

Yes and she is certainly not alone in her experience. These are the most important voices in any child protection discussions IMO.

To be fair, Alannah Smith is a woman who was abused as a child in the foster system and is an incredible passionate advocate for vulnerable children and their families! She single handedly took on FACS in the Supreme Court to life suppression of the fact William was in foster care.

Right, so that was my point. There is a public sentiment by some that foster parents are not to be trusted. And you said you have NEVER heard anyone say anything like that. So it confused me a bit.

I think it is similar to sentiments about stepparents. Can they really love their stepchildren? I know they can because my stepdad was the most wonderful father and I adored him. My stepmom however was a cruel cold hearted jerk. lol

I believe the negative sentiment is valid. In many cases, including this one, it is evident that the authorities and the system automatically view foster familes, who may be hiding their true nature, positively imo. It is a class issue as well. There's a few factors. It is also the case that many intelligent socially adept people still believe that they themselves are not vulnerable to manipulation by very bad people imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper