Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Tyrrell: Police ‘confident’ they will find fresh evidence for coronial inquest | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

The inquest aimed to determine whether William had wandered off or was taken.
If those two objectives were the only things looked for no wonder there has been no resolution.
Seriously...I just can not fathom the blind faith of acceptance and unquestioned actions.

Speaking to 2GB’s Ben Fordham on Friday morning, NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Stuart Smith said any evidence found to be linked to the boy’s disappearance could be used to lay charges.
He said the current line of inquiry being investigated has not been “previously explored”.

SMH

Accidents???...cover ups???? not included in previous lines of inquiry.:eek:

Yes NSW tax payers you are paying for this 7 year *advertiser censored* show.:confused:

" ego is large enough to warrant its own postcode " HaHa I am going to plagiarize this for a driven person I know well .

I was a huge supporter of GJ as i lived temporary in Bowraville and considered he did a mighty job trying to get justice for the families and beyond for the other case and support he gave etc . However my respect has since been eroded and i found myself being irritated by his cult following and as such he has developed an over blown self belief which has coloured his ability to be a critical thinking and acting investigator IMO, hence his exit from the force and his entry into sensational crime media because of its popularity ..

Sad that i now find a comment like he resembles a toe in a suit as very funny now but once respect is eroded it is hard not too ..

‘Toe in a suit’ HAHA .. I can’t remember who said that, but I am still laughing and can’t look at him with a straight face now :D I was a huge supporter too, it’s a shame.

Yes and she is certainly not alone in her experience. These are the most important voices in any child protection discussions IMO.

I'd add that, regardless of what happened to William (whether it was an accident, foul play, he wandered off, or was snatched etc), FACS had a duty of care in this case also. To ensure these vulnerable people are placed with competent loving guardians is of vital significance to this case IMO.

Even if the FM is innocent of any wrongdoing in William's disappearance, there's no doubt that there was some negligence that needs to be explored.

Looking at that property, it is not a safe place for a toddler to be unsupervised for any amount of time, let alone 5 minutes, which is a lifetime for inquisitive toddlers to meet with harm.

That was a terrible placement though. To put a 12 year old girl in a home with two adolescent boys was a great error in judgement. IMO.
That was a terrible placement though. To put a 12 year old girl in a home with two adolescent boys was a great error in judgement. IMO.

Yes, I agree. I think that this demonstrates a lack of care for a child being placed with a foster family. That, and the fact that FACS could have been blindsided by a 'Christian', wealthy family....they might have been so excited that this child would grow up with 'morals' and not need for anything....I think this speaks to the fact that more social workers should be in these roles. We have had a bad rap, but overall, we do use critical thinking (or are supposed to)....However, more Supervision is required for professionals in these roles. Neo-liberalism has ensured that this happens way too sporadically...you might disagree :) (possibly, JMO IMO MOO)

How system failed 12-year-old Brisbane schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Agree @winterberry of course parents aren’t perfect, but he was someone else’s child in her care.

I think we've all taken our eyes off kids for a few minutes at times, and I don't necessarily judge her for it if it was one minute, but I think five minutes which she herself admitted to is excessive for a toddler to be left unsupervised.

Different story if they are watching tv in a safe lounge room or in their bedroom playing, but a toddler wandering outside on that property with no gates, high verandahs, gardening tools, wild animals, holes, snakes, neighbours with pools, two nearby roads is inexplicable.

Thank you. You are making my point for me.
But no one is saying that adopted children are any more likely to be abused than bio children. It is foster children who may have nowhere to turn if they are and there is no denying that some foster parent are in it for the money. To deny that is putting your head in the sand.
Foster families are quite well paid in Australia and it is tempting.
I am sure that everyone has stories, but this is the story of one of my daughters good friends.
She was put into foster care aged nine with her 6 year old sister, her mother was dead and her father was jailed for her mother's murder.
She said that they did not abuse her or mistreat her, but that she and her sister were never treated as part of a family. They would go on holidays and leave she and her sister in the care of the grandmother. Holidays were just for their family. She always felt that new shoes and new clothes were bought grudgingly.
When she was 18 she was told she had to find somewhere else to live.

I believe the negative sentiment is valid. In many cases, including this one, it is evident that the authorities and the system automatically view foster familes, who may be hiding their true nature, positively imo. It is a class issue as well. There's a few factors. It is also the case that many intelligent socially adept people still believe that they themselves are not vulnerable to manipulation by very bad people imo.
And I think the sentiment can be valid too.

My point is that there are bad PEOPLE, of every diverse religion, culture, social class and race. PARENTS can be very cruel, be they bio or foster or adoptive or step....people are people.

Some children are unfairly taken from their birth families. But others are unfairly left living with their birth families. And many children are left in limbo, split between the 2.

My kids were in an open adoption and spent time with their birth families until they were old enough to decide for themselves how much time they wanted to spend with them or communicate.

I think that is the best way because they are the ones that are truly being impacted. JMO

But no one is saying that adopted children are any more likely to be abused than bio children. It is foster children who may have nowhere to turn if they are and there is no denying that some foster parent are in it for the money. To deny that is putting your head in the sand.
I am sure that everyone has stories, but this is the story of one of my daughters good friends.
She was put into foster care aged nine with her 6 year old sister, her mother was dead and her father was jailed for her mother's murder.
She said that they did not abuse her or mistreat her, but that she and her sister were never treated as part of a family. They would go on holidays and leave she and her sister in the care of the grandmother. Holidays were just for their family. She always felt that new shoes and new clothes were bought grudgingly.

that’s so sad . If only people’s hearts could be screened.

And that^^^ is why I think it is unfair to keep so many kids in limbo in foster care. I think they should either be with family or adopted. JMO

My point is that there are bad PEOPLE, of every diverse religion, culture, social class and race. PARENTS can be very cruel, be they bio or foster or adoptive or step....people are people.

Some children are unfairly taken from their birth families. But others are unfairly left living with their birth families. And many children are left in limbo, split between the 2.

My kids were in an open adoption and spent time with their birth families until they were old enough to decide for themselves how much time they wanted to spend with them or communicate.

I think that is the best way because they are the ones that are truly being impacted. JMO

In your country, Katy. It would seem that there is cause for concern.
  • A study of foster children in Oregon and Washington state found that nearly one third reported being abused by a foster parent or another adult in a foster home. That study didn’t even include cases of foster children abusing each other.

• In a study of investigations of alleged abuse in New Jersey foster homes, the researchers found a lack of “anything approaching reasonable professional judgment” and concluded that “no assurances can be given” that any New Jersey foster child is safe.

• A study of cases in metropolitan Atlanta found that among children whose case goal was adoption, 34 percent had experienced abuse, neglect or other harmful conditions. For those children who had recently entered the system, 15 percent had experienced abuse, neglect or other harmful conditions in just one year.
“But in surveys going back for decades, from 25 percent to as high as 40 percent of former foster children report having been abused or neglected in care.”

Abuse in Foster Care: Research vs. the Child Welfare System’s Alternative Facts - Youth Today

And no one would disagree with you.

William Tyrrell: Police ‘confident’ they will find fresh evidence for coronial inquest | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

The inquest aimed to determine whether William had wandered off or was taken.
If those two objectives were the only things looked for no wonder there has been no resolution.
Seriously...I just can not fathom the blind faith of acceptance and unquestioned actions.

Speaking to 2GB’s Ben Fordham on Friday morning, NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Stuart Smith said any evidence found to be linked to the boy’s disappearance could be used to lay charges.
He said the current line of inquiry being investigated has not been “previously explored”.

SMH

Accidents???...cover ups???? not included in previous lines of inquiry.:eek:

Yes NSW tax payers you are paying for this 7 year **** show.:confused:

And yet Gary Jubelin was investigating the possibility that HS had accidently hit William with her car or he had climbed into their pool.

In your country, Katy. It would seem that there is cause for concern.
  • A study of foster children in Oregon and Washington state found that nearly one third reported being abused by a foster parent or another adult in a foster home. That study didn’t even include cases of foster children abusing each other.

• In a study of investigations of alleged abuse in New Jersey foster homes, the researchers found a lack of “anything approaching reasonable professional judgment” and concluded that “no assurances can be given” that any New Jersey foster child is safe.

• A study of cases in metropolitan Atlanta found that among children whose case goal was adoption, 34 percent had experienced abuse, neglect or other harmful conditions. For those children who had recently entered the system, 15 percent had experienced abuse, neglect or other harmful conditions in just one year.
“But in surveys going back for decades, from 25 percent to as high as 40 percent of former foster children report having been abused or neglected in care.”

Abuse in Foster Care: Research vs. the Child Welfare System’s Alternative Facts - Youth Today
Of course there is cause for concern here . I have never said otherwise.

But WHY are there so many kids here in US in alternate care? Mainly because of the breakdown in families and the crush of hard drugs. People getting pregnant and not caring for their children, leaving them in vulnerable situations.

I am not criticising Australia, I was responding specifically to William's situation.

Of course there is cause for concern here . I have never said otherwise.

But WHY are there so many kids here in US in alternate care? Mainly because of the breakdown in families and the crush of hard drugs. People getting pregnant and not caring for their children, leaving them in vulnerable situations.

I am not criticising Australia, I was responding specifically to William's situation.

Poverty, family cycles of trauma, abuse, substance abuse, untreated mental health, unforseen circumstances, social inequity, inadequate social welfare, inadequate subsidised healthcare, lack of family support, social isolation, death of parents, some are just abusive horrible people, there are many reasons.

My mother was raised in the foster care system because her father was killed in the war, her mother was a poor single mother and she got critically ill and couldn't take care of her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly