Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is WTs Grans street and area using septic? Sorry if it's been mentioned. Noah Taylor on my mind

Oh yes indeed! Thus why I came to visit here right now. Same lead detective now been appointed to Williams case, and where the POI for Bowraville now lives is 40 mins drive from Kendall.......
Interesting...
In 60mins report it said POI for Bowraville murders lives at Lake Macquarie...a totally different place to Port Macquarie.

Lake Macquarie is near Newcastle and a 2hr and 40min drive to Kendall

http://www.9jumpin.com.au/show/60minutes/

If the mods are away, does that mean the sleuths can play?

I don't recall reading *anything* about those 21 septic tanks actually being 'pumped' though? Sure the lids may have been lifted and they may have 'looked'? But did they pump? Did anyone see news of a septic company coming around to each of those 21 homes? Don't think so? Police also searched 'many, many times' in the family's septic for Noah Thomas as well, but they did not discover him until the tank was half-way pumped out by a septic pumpout truck. We only know, as far as I am aware, that they did pump out Mr. Spedding's septic. What about grandmother's septic?

Yes, I think so.

"EVERY one of the 21 houses in the exclusive estate around his grandmother’s house have been searched from top to bottom twice, including roof cavities and septic tanks."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...-without-a-trace/story-fni0fiyv-1227195803646

Seeing as how MSM was all over the WT investigation while it was going on at the time.. and yet no pics of septic trucks.. no news of septic trucks or pump-outs.. and I'm feeling quite confident that MSM would have clued in to TWENTY-ONE septic tanks getting pumped out, IF they had been pumped out... I'm betting they didn't do this. (Money... ?? It would cost what.. to pump out 21 septic tanks? $200-300 per tank? x 21 ? ) MOO

Remember the pics where it showed the grate for the rainwater roadway thing, in MSM? But yet no photos of septic trucks pumping out homeowners' septic tanks. None.

I think we saw photos of the detectives searching Speddo's septic tank---am I remembering correctly?

ETA:
http://www.theguardian.com/australi...h-police-reiterate-tradesman-is-not-a-suspect

YES, they drained Speddos septic tank. So I imagine they searched the grandmothers property just as carefully. I hope so anyway.

I hope so. I remember the images of them draining Speddo's, because we made comments about the name of the guy's business. :) Don't recall seeing anything like that when they were doing the early searches, but absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, so I'm going to assume everything that contained the smallest amount of liquid was searched.

Is WTs Grans street and area using septic? Sorry if it's been mentioned. Noah Taylor on my mind

I would like to think there is no such thing as the lid in this news story. It also seems that LE 'searched' the septic of poor Noah Thomas' home as well, but it was not until it was actually 'pumped' some 5 days into his disappearance, before his body was found. Presumably it was there the entire time. It seems the lid was back on, miraculously, and that the sod was also placed back on top well enough for LE to not feel they needed to pump it out. Could the same thing have happened here? Surely it would be worth $200 to find out for sure?

MSM link to story where girl playing ball with her dad runs across a septic tank, lid flips, devours child, and then flips back on to be in place. If this event wasn't witnessed, she would have been thought to have disappeared into thin air. Thankfully, dad was watching.

http://www.nj.com/hunterdon-county-democrat/index.ssf/2014/07/child_falls_into_septic_tank_in_tewksbury_family_warns_of_dangers.html

Most septic tanks here have a very heavy and well fitting lid that could never be 'flipped' by being stood on by a child. Perhaps an old and damaged tank might have a broken top, but that would be the first place people would look. Old appliances are notorious for trapping children, who are looking for hiding places.

I think they looked inside grandma's septic tank. They say they searched 21 properties, roof cavities and septic tanks in the estate. Google says that there are 22 lots in the zone. We know that one of them is vacant with no house or construction - the one that is still tree-covered, across the street and for sale.

I have never read of any pumping either .. other than Spedding's one.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...m2!3m1!1s0x6b75e45068981bf3:0x25eac872537927f

Owner Alex Phillips says there are two kinds of septic tank lids used these days. Most are made of cement and can weigh anywhere from 50 to 100 pounds.
He says newer tanks and lids are made of plastic, like the one investigators found Thomas' body in.

Phillips says regardless of the size and weight of the lid most are buried, so you have to use a shovel to get to them and some type of tool to remove them from the tank.

"The covers vary according to who makes them but all the ones we use are plastic. The same size of a manhole, a circular lid. And they are all bolted down to the pipe that brings it to the surface with 6-10 bolts,” Phillips said.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/sanitation-technician-describes-discovery-of-noah-thomas/32052894

I live in a rural area where everybody has a septic tank, buried on their property - I have been in allot of backyards for kids parties and have not seen one at all or any that has an access hatch that has been above ground (could be a local council regulation that it is buried?). Yet the only septic tank I have seen is our own and we only knew where it was due to the previous owner tell us where it was - and it still took allot (hours) of digging to find the correct opening when we needed it to be pumped. It was obvious the ground had been disturbed- dirt and clay lumps scattered around and on the soles of work boots . Police probably searched the properties and looked for disturbed patches of ground, sod, dying patches of grass not too far from the actual houses. Septic tanks are located near the house, with the leach lines draining down hill as far away from the house you can go. If the previous owner had not told us where the tank was we would probably have had to go to council to find out where it was.

I think it varies from council to council. I am in rural NSW, and our septic is pretty obvious. It has a really easy to pull of lid- so my husband put a big bit of concrete over the lid. Will try put a pic up.

I have taken a photo, but I cant upload it- keeps timing out. I will try again later.

I think it varies from council to council. I am in rural NSW, and our septic is pretty obvious. It has a really easy to pull of lid- so my husband put a big bit of concrete over the lid. Will try put a pic up.

Ours wasn't covered with soil & grass. The big round concrete top was there just slightly above the ground with a heavy round manhole lid with a wire style handle.

IF grandma's septic wasn't pumped out and checked, it bloody well should be.

Our septic is fibreglass- at least the top is. My neighbours is older- it is concrete. My neighbours must be wondering what I am doing, taking photos of our septic and peering over the fence at theirs..... :)

The silence is really bugging me. I'm sure the police haven't slackened their investigation, but if I lived anywhere near Kendall I'd be wanting more regular updates. How can a child just vanish into thin air in a matter of minutes?? And I understad that William's family situation is special and out of media bounds, but who is that protecting, exactly? Somehow I just wish SOMEONE would be trying to keep William's face in the news.

Silence in the media doesn't mean there is no progress.

Remember that they did visit the caravan park before they visited BS.

We only learned of the caravan park investigation after the fact.

So I imagine there are other visits going on quite regularly.

yes probably still lots of searches quietly happening but interestingly only one with full media coverage and a poi named

Is there a way to tell over there in Oz, which areas are on septic and which areas are on sewer? I would love to know if Grandmother's house is on septic for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!