Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if williams parents hadnt been cleared, and i know they have, the grandmothers septic would have been a great place to put william, especially as the house had been sold already, it should be drained to remove any doubt, i would insist they do if my child was missing, just for peace of mind.

if williams parents hadnt been cleared, and i know they have, the grandmothers septic would have been a great place to put william, especially as the house had been sold already, it should be drained to remove any doubt, i would insist they do if my child was missing, just for peace of mind.
EVERY one of the 21 *houses in the exclusive estate around his grandmother’s house have been searched from top to bottom twice, including roof cavities and septic tanks.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/wi...-without-a-trace/story-fni0fiyv-1227195803646

As someone said previously, we just don’t know that there was any sign at all that the septic tank lid had been removed. I have been unable to locate the septic tank cover in any of the satellite images of the house. It may be underneath the lawn, and there may be no signs at all of tampering. But still it sounds as if it was uncovered by police and searched with cameras, regardless.

Or if it had been recently drained, pending change of ownership, the levels inside the tank may have been very low/negligible, and cameras may have been able to clearly see everything in there.

We just don’t know.

That's only on one property though. What if he'd run to a house nearby in that time and fallen in?

I'd certainly be especially concerned about the septic tank of any known sex offender on the street. Hopefully they would have been able to get a search warrant to drain that.

True, exactly. If there was a way for them to confirm they're 100% sure the septic tanks in the street have been 100% searched, I'd be happy. Until then I can't exclude the possibility from my mind, and it's only Noah Thomas's case that has made me feel that way.

Gosh, what an unfortunate time to buy that house, with the police presence that was there for months IIRC.

Doesn't that open up the possibility of others having a reason to be there, say someone having a stickybeak at the house their friend just purchased? I'm sure police have already looked into that.

The house sale means another person or persons who had knowledge of the house (and potentially learned of family movements via general chitchat), and may of been inspecting the area.

It's a wide net, but that net is already stretched out anyhow.

The house sale means another person or persons who had knowledge of the house (and potentially learned of family movements via general chitchat), and may of been inspecting the area.

It's a wide net, but that net is already stretched out anyhow.

yes...lots of extra people could easily have wanted access, even visually, for business reasons associated with the conveyance such as appraisers, surveyors etc. MOO & IME

I think they should *all* be pumped, including grandmother's house. I don't think police should have tunnel vision, and they should be open to *every* possibility.

I doubt that grandma's septic would have been used considering the abductor would have no time at all to hang around a septic tank with William. But the remaining 20 properties in the area should have been drained. They drained WS tank. Maybe the neighbors could confirm whether their tanks were drained.

I'm certainly not a septic expert.. but I am envisioning a bunch of sludge in a tank.. and if that is true, then a little camera or a look with eyes inside isn't going to see much. So even if it had already been pumped, it should still be pumped. For the sake of a couple of hundred bucks, I'd sure want ti done, if I were the police, or the family. Wouldn't that be dreadful if in 10 years from now, when the new homeowners decide they need to pump their tank, something awful is found which should have been found on day one?

As someone said previously, we just don’t know that there was any sign at all that the septic tank lid had been removed. I have been unable to locate the septic tank cover in any of the satellite images of the house. It may be underneath the lawn, and there may be no signs at all of tampering. But still it sounds as if it was uncovered by police and searched with cameras, regardless.

Or if it had been recently drained, pending change of ownership, the levels inside the tank may have been very low/negligible, and cameras may have been able to clearly see everything in there.

We just don’t know.

I wonder if the fosterparents are on septic or sewer at their own residence. In the beginning, people were enquiring as to whether WT even made the trip to grandmother's house in the first place. Everything about this case is so weird.. surprise visit.. arriving in the evening.. first thing next morning, he disappears into thin air from a neighbourhood with expansive yards that would provide an easy view for any stranger lurking or driving about, yet nothing is seen or heard from anywhere, not exactly a target area for a ped, and not exactly a route well travelled that someone would be driving just by chance.. dad just happens to be out at the time.. dogs don't catch any scent of him.. not a trace is ever found of him anywhere... and now I'm wondering if septic was ever pumped?

Add-on: I just wanted to add that in the Noah Thomas case, LE did not want to believe, imho, that the parents had anything to do with his disappearance either (they were urging the public not to jump to conclusions, and stating how devastated the family was, etc).. the septic lid was on, and the sod was on top, as it should be, so why check it, since, if he had fallen in, the lid would be ajar, the sod would not be neatly back on top, if you aren't suspecting the parents? But after the searches started and found nothing, dogs found no trace past the driveway, finally on day 5 they apparently made the decision to pump that tank, and look what they found. Just for sheer peace of mind, that would be the first thing I'd want to be done. MOO

Yes, that is true. And if the professional who would be paying a visit to measure, or appraise, or whatever happened to be able to be completed outside, and the service was purchased by the purchaser, there would be no reason to even notify the homeowner/seller really, since no access to the home would be required in that case, so it isn't like it would have had to have been an expected visit.

yes...lots of extra people could easily have wanted access, even visually, for business reasons associated with the conveyance such as appraisers, surveyors etc. MOO & IME

I agree. I certainly wouldn't want to move into the house, even if I had purchased it a few days prior to a tragic event such as this. I would be afraid it would make me feel too weird to live there. I wonder what happens in a case where say, a home is purchased, and then during the time between the house becoming 'sold' and the time of the closing, which could be weeks or months away, something horrible happens, like say a break-in where the burglar hurts people, or a horrible accident, or a murder.. all things that would have to be disclosed during a normal home sale, and normally the home would then sell for much much less than it would have otherwise sold for. So here would be the new purchaser, having paid full price, and the horrible event not occurring until after the signatures committing to the purchase. I wonder if the new purchaser could get out of the deal, if he so wished, or if there would be a corresponding price reduction given. Anyway, sorry, off topic, just piqued my curiosity about what would happen in a case like that.

Gosh, what an unfortunate time to buy that house, with the police presence that was there for months IIRC.

Doesn't that open up the possibility of others having a reason to be there, say someone having a stickybeak at the house their friend just purchased? I'm sure police have already looked into that.

I wonder if the fosterparents are on septic or sewer at their own residence. In the beginning, people were enquiring as to whether WT even made the trip to grandmother's house in the first place. Everything about this case is so weird.. surprise visit.. arriving in the evening.. first thing next morning, he disappears into thin air from a neighbourhood with expansive yards that would provide an easy view for any stranger lurking or driving about, yet nothing is seen or heard from anywhere, not exactly a target area for a ped, and not exactly a route well travelled that someone would be driving just by chance.. dad just happens to be out at the time.. dogs don't catch any scent of him.. not a trace is ever found of him anywhere... and now I'm wondering if septic was ever pumped?

Add-on: I just wanted to add that in the Noah Thomas case, LE did not want to believe, imho, that the parents had anything to do with his disappearance either (they were urging the public not to jump to conclusions, and stating how devastated the family was, etc).. the septic lid was on, and the sod was on top, as it should be, so why check it, since, if he had fallen in, the lid would be ajar, the sod would not be neatly back on top, if you aren't suspecting the parents? But after the searches started and found nothing, dogs found no trace past the driveway, finally on day 5 they apparently made the decision to pump that tank, and look what they found. Just for sheer peace of mind, that would be the first thing I'd want to be done. MOO

Well said!!!!!!!!!

I'm certainly not a septic expert.. but I am envisioning a bunch of sludge in a tank.. and if that is true, then a little camera or a look with eyes inside isn't going to see much. So even if it had already been pumped, it should still be pumped. For the sake of a couple of hundred bucks, I'd sure want ti done, if I were the police, or the family. Wouldn't that be dreadful if in 10 years from now, when the new homeowners decide they need to pump their tank, something awful is found which should have been found on day one?

In Noah's case they couldnt see him until it was half way pumped out :( He was on the bottom. I would feel so much better if LE could reassure us all that every septic in that neighborhood was checked top to bottom.

When I bought my first house I was so excited that before closing I drove by it a couple of times. I just couldn't wait to move in. Since we now now of the sale of Grandma's home what if the buyer was driving by, just wanting to looka t their home to be, pulled into the driveway to turn around and accidentally hit William. Just a thought I had. Also the home was at the end of a dead end street so anyone could have driven onto the street and finding a dead end, needed to turn around. Perhaps even the man that was reported in town asking directions to that street.

There are just too many things about this case that does not make any sense. And why no updates from LE?

And the whole septic scenario is really bugging me. Wish we knew how well they really looked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member