Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 73567

I recall someone on here referring to him as Superman :)

Being serious .... i think he is a great cop...

Being naughty..
As i said to one of my friends on a FB group i saw him first... he is droolable look at him ...handsome ...strong..hard working...good moral.... and apparently does handstands using his knuckles... i mean who wouldnt want him to come for a glass of wine and .....

They must have good evidence to be able to charge him this many years down the track, and bail refused as well is not looking good for Bill. I can't help but wonder if DNA samples were obtained in 1987!

haha yes!

Thought Id post his link for future reference. Did you see his stakeout tweet yest?

Hahahahaha ..... "Ssssshhhhh, on a stakeout." :hilarious:
(Interestingly, 1 hour before police arrived at Speddings home. I guess police wanted a lot of pics of the arrest.)

I see he has posted a pic of Margaret and ole Col arriving at court.

Pic:
https://twitter.com/DanBox10/status/591020295235866625

They must have good evidence to be able to charge him this many years down the track, and bail refused as well is not looking good for Bill. I can't help but wonder if DNA samples were obtained in 1987!

First use of DNA for police purposes was in 1986 - "The First Use of DNA

DNA analysis was introduced into policing in 1986 when officers from a local police service in a small borough in central England approached Dr. Alec Jeffreys of the University of Leicester to ask whether this new technology might be able to assist in the investigation of two potentially linked sexual assault murders of two young girls"
- http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...=display_arch&article_id=1320&issue_id=112007

Don't know when individual areas of countries started saving samples but I don't think it would matter in this case since it would seem a relative only just called LE about the alleged abuse - it wasn't reported back in 87 so no opportunity to swab for DNA or anything IMO.

I do love this but I'm not comfortable it helps show his features properly if people are looking for him. We all know this is him, were familiar with his pics, just if someone else sees this who isn't familiar, it may not accentuate exactly how he looks.

I like that they show a variety of expressions and moods and postures. Put them together, you probably get quite a good impression of how William looked last year. I say that though without having known him.

They won't need DNA to convict despite the age of the case.
Robert Hughes is a good example... historic case, victim didn't come forward until much later. He only got 6 years though.

Im not surprised by the latest accusations at all or the fact they happened nearly 30 years ago or the fact Margaret is sticking by him. The EXACT same thing happened in my family. A family member of mine was a paedophile and abused many many of the girls in our family and had previously (years and years before i was born) been charged regarding a few unrelated girls. I was the last one in a long line of family members (the youngest cousin) and i spoke up at a very young age. Many spoke up before me but everyone buried their heads in the sand. Relationships were ruined, families were split and many members still have nothing to do with the family. His wife stayed with him until the day he died, some of his daughters are still in denial and think he was the greatest man that walked the earth and he never had to pay for what he did. If my family got their heads out of their arses 20 years earlier i wouldnt have gone through what i did. As an adult now and with a better understanding it makes me incredibly angry but im smarter and more vigilant for it.
So NO none of whats happening is a surprise to me at all. I also suspect this isnt the first time the accusations have come about, or why would Margaret need to be reassured by a clairvoyant?

Just gives you lots of hugs, you are amazing and very brave and i admire you, what you have said i have heard of much to often.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/dna-extracted-from-crime-scene-exhibits-and-frozen-decades-ago-cracks-35-sex-crimes-with-many-more-crimes-expected-to-be-solved/story-fni0ffnk-1226929110661

Article from 2014 re DNA

"POLICE are using historical DNA evidence to crack a string of cold cases and nab dozens of sex offenders who thought they had got away with their sordid crimes."

"THE shocking Shores case is just one of dozens of historic sex crimes police have recently solved by extracting DNA from exhibits which were frozen and stored between 1982 and the 1990s."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/dna-extracted-from-crime-scene-exhibits-and-frozen-decades-ago-cracks-35-sex-crimes-with-many-more-crimes-expected-to-be-solved/story-fni0ffnk-1226929110661

Article from 2014 re DNA

"POLICE are using historical DNA evidence to crack a string of cold cases and nab dozens of sex offenders who thought they had got away with their sordid crimes."

"THE shocking Shores case is just one of dozens of historic sex crimes police have recently solved by extracting DNA from exhibits which were frozen and stored between 1982 and the 1990s."

That's a good point but I don't think these crimes were reported at the time (if they were, the media hasn't said, and they've presented them as fresh allegations), so no evidence from the time would exist.

Oh ok now I see they were first put forward in the 80s. Not sure what forensic evidence they would have taken at the time. I guess it will all become known what evidence they do have from June 18!

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...of-bill-spedding-over-missing-william-tyrrell

The court heard Spedding denied the claims when police initially put them to him in the 1980s.

The case is only as strong as it was in 1987, Mr Hoyles said.

Something really isn't adding up for me here.....Why were charges not laid or pursued in 1987 when clearly the police were notified?????

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...r-missing-william-tyrrell#3xdkSQl5DL1a3IOg.99

Judging by other historic cases, children were not believed so much back then. And they were forced to take the stand and be confronted by fierce cross examination.

Now, we do more of the right thing. We believe the children, and we videotape their testimony so they don't have to appear in court, and use police counsellors to interview them.

Judging by historic cases, children were not believed so much back then. And they were forced to take the stand and be confronted by fierce cross examination.

Now, we do more of the right thing. We believe the children, and we videotape their testimony, and use police counsellors to interview them.

Exactly. I think we've moved forward in leaps and bounds in our attitude to child abuse. We're not there yet, but we're way ahead of where we were as a society in 1987 in recognising the extent of this happening. In the 80s plenty of people still refused to believe that priests could possibly hurt children, for example. Now we're far more likely to believe victims and as a result victims are more willing to come forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw