Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, that was the other "helpful" statement from Colin, that police couldn't find the calls in his call log!

Ah yes, that was the other "helpful" statement from Colin, that police couldn't find the calls in his call log!

Do you know for SURE if they meant the log provided by the wireless carrier as opposed to the log that is on BS's phone and can be manipulated and edited by the user?

IMO they would be questioning him based on the log provided by the wireless carrier, not based on the phone itself because they'd know it's unreliable because he can easily enough delete his call logs. JMO though. Which is why my supposition stated above is that LE is saying to him now, "so hey you told us Margaret called you. So why isn't there a record of that in these logs?" which would really be LE saying to him "we know she didnt' call you, why did you lie?"

IMO Colin is one of those people who thinks they're smarter than everyone else and thinks that if other people would just let him "handle" things, he can manipulate a situation to his own best interest, and the best interest of whatever cohorts he has. IMO he's being allowed enough rope to hang the whole ring, and is probably doing a dandy job of it. JMO.

Do you know for SURE if they meant the log provided by the wireless carrier as opposed to the log that is on BS's phone and can be manipulated and edited by the user?

IMO they would be questioning him based on the log provided by the wireless carrier, not based on the phone itself because they'd know it's unreliable because he can easily enough delete his call logs. JMO though. Which is why my supposition stated above is that LE is saying to him now, "so hey you told us Margaret called you. So why isn't there a record of that in these logs?" which would really be LE saying to him "we know she didnt' call you, why did you lie?"

Don't know for sure, but going by what Colin said they were referring to the log on his mobile phone:

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

Thank you - do you have a link for this please because it directly contradicts information found on facebook which must be considered rumor by me even saying this much, and I can't say more.

ETA: the biological connection is not in question, simply the fostering being voluntary and not legally enforced. RUMOR HAS IT (as per WS TOS because I can't provide a link) that there's nothing voluntary about that placement and they can't just ask for, and receive, them back.

I undeestand what you are saying and obviously can't say any details I might of found. But as I understand if a parent loses custody of a child they first look for a placement with a family member for the children rather then a stranger. So if that is available the children would first go there. Does not mean it's voluntary, just deemed the best option.

Don't know for sure, but going by what Colin said they were referring to the log on his mobile phone:

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

hm okay so it's just hearsay as given by Colin, who may have misspoken or misrepresented the issue. Interesting, thank you!

I undeestand what you are saying and obviously can't say any details I might have found. But as I understand it, if a parent loses custody of a child they first look for a placement with a family member for the children rather then a stranger. So if that is available the children would first go there. Does not mean it's voluntary, just deemed the best option.

Hm. Interesting. So one might infer that in any foster care situation in Australia, the greater likelihood is that there is a family relationship between the foster family and birth family than that there isn't. Thank you very much for this.

Here's what I can't quite figure out... in the quote above it says WILLIAM'S MOTHER, not grandmother.. almost all articles before this have said the grandmother had all of the conversations with BS, not the mother..?

And on top of that, read it again carefully... William's mother TOLD MR SPEDDING HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COME.

It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because of the award ceremony. It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because he wants to keep the entire weekend free for his childrens' sporting event, it isn't even william's grandmother speaking as we've been told all along... it is William's MOTHER ... and she is telling BS... DON"T COME OVER TODAY.

Why is that? Did she have some reason to think he shouldn't be around her children? No love lost between them for some reason?

Did they know one another?

Or do I need more coffee? Totally possible. On the first cup.

ETA: Has law enforcement ever confirmed who initiated the phone call, or has anyone else? BS says he tried to call but didn't get through. Everyone else seems to be saying either the mother or grandmother spoke to him on the phone and said not to come, though, right? Surely police know whether the conversation was just a ringing, unanswered attempt or an actual conversation of any length, as well as who initiated it... so.. do WE know?

What I took from that statement 'Williams mother told him he could not come around that day' is that the phone call was made after WT went missing. So for obvious reasons he could not come but it also fits with the theory mentioned that he may of called after Wt went missing to cover his tracks.

Hm. Interesting. So one might infer that in any foster care situation in Australia, the greater likelihood is that there is a family relationship between the foster family and birth family than that there isn't. Thank you very much for this.

Apparently, less than ½ of the children in foster care are with relatives (kinship care). I know these stats don't add up to 100% ... don't know where the last 1.1% of the home-based care children are. :dunno:

"Most children who were in OOHC (out of home care) on 30 June 2013 were residing in home-based care (93.4%). Of these children, 43% were in foster care, 48% were in relative/kinship care, and 3% were in some other type of home-based care. A small proportion of children (5.5%) removed from their homes were placed in residential care, where children primarily have complex needs."

https://www3.aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/child-abuse-and-neglect-statistics

I reckon BS would have told her, and probably said that the victims were troublemakers or liars who were out to get him.

Weird that BS and MS would have the mobile number of at least one of the victims, though. Maybe they obtained it from someone, or the poor victim/s had to stay civil with them/maintain some sort of contact for family reasons.

When MS said, "I'm saddened you would be involved in this". I reckon she meant "saddened" that the person was involved with getting him put into jail. Again, BS had probably convinced her that the victim was a troublemaker and this is all a plot against him.

I'm pretty sure the police are going to get him good, especially with more charges to come. MS will have to face reality.

P.S. I agree with the poster who said a while back that these girls are champions for William. They are prepared to face something awful from their past and all the psychological trauma that comes with it, to help police get William.

A three year old trouble maker.
It's almost laughable.
Except that it's not.

Holy dooley. I didn't think there would be a connection either, but that article makes me wonder.

One thing in that article stands out to me and makes me feel theres no connection to BS, the fact that the abuse of these little girls made it to court but was dismissed. As far as we know BS certainly wasn't charged so it never would have gone to court.

I'm sorry if someone has posted this already. I wonder if they are connected? Considering that police are investigating a pedophile ring in relation to william ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-believe-close-finding-took-little-girl.html

A recent article said they believed they are close to finding out what happened to William also, I cannot find the article, my computer is acting up.....Will be interesting to see if connected.

ETA: here it is..http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-paedophile-ring/story-fnpn118l-1227309810576

He said police were “very confident” they would soon find out what happened to William.

They aren't all subscriber only, GGE. The Australian has premium content and regular content. The premium content tends to be subscriber only, but it frequently changes to the regular content category after a while and is viewable. The Australian also only allows 5 articles per week for free viewing of some of its articles. This can be an issue for people who do not clear their cookies regularly.

I wonder if perhaps for overseas readers it all tends to be subscriber only?

It's funny because I can view an article then go back to it and it is blocked, and then go back to it again and can view it again. Quite quirky!

Sometimes the big box saying you've reached your reading limit is in front of the article.
If so I save the page and can then read it.
I hate having to clear my cookies all the time and lose all my logins, twitter, facebook etc.

It's funny because I can view an article then go back to it and it is blocked, and then go back to it again and can view it again. Quite quirky!

Sometimes the big box saying you've reached your reading limit is in front of the article.
I hate having to clear my cookies all the time and lose all my logins, twitter, facebook etc.

I've never ever gotten a message that I've reached my viewing limit on that site. On the dailymail site, yes. Then I can clear cookies and it's fine again. But for theaustralian, it's 100% subscriber only for me on my end no matter what I do. It always says you have reached a premium article for subscribers only, OR it will simply say subscribers only (without the "premium" bit).

Peddo's fb is gone now

I could only imagine the hundreds or thousands of private messages this man has received from angry people. Would think that he would have deactivated the page months ago just from that alone.. But I think he was "trying" to look innocent. JMO

Don't clear ALL your cookies, just the ones for theaustralian.

"It saddens me that you would be involved in this" (or words to that effect) doesn't tell me she knew anything. I don't doubt that the police would be checking into her history etc.

Sorry Karo, I don't agree. Of course the police would be checking into the history of MS.

According to the report below the police allege MS contacted one of the alleged victims by text shorty after he was arrested and said: “It really saddens me you’re involved in this.” Would this not indicate that the alleged victim told the police about the text message from MS. If it was just a concerned text message from MS, I doubt that the alleged victim would have informed the police about it.

It's my opinion that MS has always known about what happened to those little girls in 1987 and she is now angry with the alleged victim for bringing it up again all these years later. Poor old Bill has been arrested for rape of two little girls and MS is angry at the victim!! That woman has absolutely no compassion whatsoever.

Police allege that, since Spedding became aware they were making inquiries with him in relation to the disappearance of William Tyrrell —which he has denied involvement — he contacted people he knows in the hope of obtaining character references.

They allege his wife Margaret, who supported him in court from the public gallery, contacted one of the alleged victims by text shortly after he was arrested and said: “It really saddens me you’re involved in this.”

Spedding was charged after one of his own relatives tipped them off about the historical allegations of abuse.

The relative called police with the information and they were at Spedding’s home “within an hour,” The Daily Telegraph reported.

The relative, a woman who lives on the Central Coast, has given formal statements to police and spoken to them on a number of occasions.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...-appear-in-court/story-fns0kb1g-1227316450596

Sorry I wasn't referring to that site, but some sites in general. But it has happened on The Australian for me.

I've never ever gotten a message that I've reached my viewing limit on that site. On the dailymail site, yes. Then I can clear cookies and it's fine again. But for theaustralian, it's 100% subscriber only for me on my end no matter what I do. It always says you have reached a premium article for subscribers only, OR it will simply say subscribers only (without the "premium" bit).

Hey Tootsie, you can delete your cookies and not your login stuff. On my computer I'm prompted as to delete my login stuff as well. If not you can select what you want to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics