Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
POLICE didn't forensically examine a car and caravan belonging to a prime suspect in the disappearance of Rahma El-Dennaoui until 18 months after the young girl vanished, a coroner heard today.

An inquest into the toddler's disappearance was told the man, who can't be named for legal reasons, was almost immediately identified as a possible culprit in her apparent abduction in November 2005.

He had previously been accused of sexually abusing two young girls, although charges in both cases were dismissed in court.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/over...el-dennaouis-van/story-e6freuy9-1226513012901

JMO, being a made Bill make bad sexual decisions, not his wife being in the hospital. Lots of women go into the hospital without their husbands being MADE to make bad sexual decisions. That is no excuse. JMO.

I know theres no excuse! It was said with tongue in cheek.
If the guys a looney-tune then MS being away may have set him off.
If it was a hip replacement then time in rehab can be a long time.

Mmmm...
Pretty sure not involved with William

IMO drug activity involved

At first I doubted it could be related, but after reading the article I'm having second thoughts... What are the odds that the NSW homicide squad that are looking for William, have a breakthrough in this young girl's case, at the same time there is a breakthrough in William's case? Both are circumstances where the child has vanished into thin air with their parents just metres away. Brazen abductions.

'There must always be an element of surprise with our strategies so we can’t always let the community know what actions we are taking,' Det Insp Young said.

The Rahma El-Dennaoui mystery in Australia bears some resemblance to the disappearance of 4-year-old Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-believe-close-finding-took-little-girl.html

ETA

A number of known or suspected pedophiles living near her family's Lurnea home were checked out, he said.

Police later discovered the man, who shared a house with his mother a short distance from the El-Dennaoui home, had reconnected power to a vacant property where he kept a caravan a few months before the disappearance.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/over-a-year-to-examine-suspect-in-disappearance-of-rahma-el-dennaouis-van/story-e6freuy9-1226513012901

Lurnea is 20km from Campbelltown FWIW (in case there is part of a ring operating there.)

At first I doubted it could be related, but after reading the article I'm having second thoughts... What are the odds that the NSW homicide squad that are looking for William, have a breakthrough on this young girl's case, at the same time there is a breakthrough in William's case? Both are circumstances where the child has vanished into thin air with their parents just metres away. Brazen abductions.

'There must always be an element of surprise with our strategies so we can’t always let the community know what actions we are taking,' Det Insp Young said.

The Rahma El-Dennaoui mystery in Australia bears some resemblance to the disappearance of 4-year-old Madeleine McCann in Portugal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-believe-close-finding-took-little-girl.html

Lurnea is 20km from Campbelltown FWIW (in case there is part of a ring operating there.)
Yes

Police allege the abuse was carried out during a weekend when Spedding was staying in a caravan near Campbelltown. According to police facts tendered to the court, Spedding’s then six-year-old alleged victim woke up....

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...ild-rape-charges/story-fni0cx12-1227316615479

She was having knee surgery so she would be recovering for a fair chunk of time but probably not all that long in hospital depending on the type of surgery.
Does anyone know who released the information about the MS text message? Did she tell the media about it? Surely not?

POLICE didn't forensically examine a car and caravan belonging to a prime suspect in the disappearance of Rahma El-Dennaoui until 18 months after the young girl vanished, a coroner heard today.

An inquest into the toddler's disappearance was told the man, who can't be named for legal reasons, was almost immediately identified as a possible culprit in her apparent abduction in November 2005.

He had previously been accused of sexually abusing two young girls, although charges in both cases were dismissed in court.

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/over...el-dennaouis-van/story-e6freuy9-1226513012901

Holy dooley. I didn't think there would be a connection either, but that article makes me wonder.

She was having knee surgery so she would be recovering for a fair chunk of time but probably not all that long in hospital depending on the type of surgery.
Does anyone know who released the information about the MS text message? Did she tell the media about it? Surely not?

I think it must have been in the police bail report, Manny, because it was the police that stated that.

MSM can often pay for the bail report, it is usually on public record.

.... the police facts read.

They allege his wife Margaret contacted one of the alleged victims by text shortly after he was arrested and said: “It really saddens me you’re involved in this.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ild-rape-charges/story-fni0cx12-1227316615479

When did Spedding move from Campbelltown to Wellington?

The DA wasn't approved until 26th Sept - they shouldn't have laid it prior to then, but you never know.

The Speddings did not own this house. I read that it is was a rental property. Perhaps the Speddings requested that the owners supply them with a shed so they would probably not be paying for it. Is there a link to the DA please?

At first I doubted it could be related, but after reading the article I'm having second thoughts... What are the odds that the NSW homicide squad that are looking for William, have a breakthrough in this young girl's case, at the same time there is a breakthrough in William's case? Both are circumstances where the child has vanished into thin air with their parents just metres away. Brazen abductions.

ETA

A number of known or suspected pedophiles living near her family's Lurnea home were checked out, he said.

Police later discovered the man, who shared a house with his mother a short distance from the El-Dennaoui home, had reconnected power to a vacant property where he kept a caravan a few months before the disappearance.

Maybe getting too far off topic ...just IMO again not related

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-t...-3am-wanting-to-sell-gold-20120412-1wwkb.html

If his page is deactivated now then someone with his password went in and changed things up IMO. He couldn't do it himself. Facebook has no reason to remove or deactivate it because of outside reports, and would be breaking their own TOS by shutting down a page that isn't in violation without owner's consent. LE has to put in a request to facebook to preserve the information on a page they find relevant to an investigation but it only is a 90 day freeze or whatever, and there's no reason it would go "invisible" during that time that I can think of, JMO.... my gut suggests MS or her cousin Colin went in and did it intentionally JMO based on thoughts expressed in the previous sentences.

The Speddings did not own this house. I read that it is was a rental property. Perhaps the Speddings requested that the owners supply them with a shed so they would probably not be paying for it. Is there a link to the DA please?

Yes there is but it would also show the owners name and I don't think that should appear here or would it be allowed.

Easy enough, all you need is an address and you can track the DA from the council website.

If his page is deactivated now then someone with his password went in and changed things up IMO. He couldn't do it himself. Facebook has no reason to remove or deactivate it because of outside reports, and would be breaking their own TOS by shutting down a page that isn't in violation without owner's consent. LE has to put in a request to facebook to preserve the information on a page they find relevant to an investigation but it only is a 90 day freeze or whatever, and there's no reason it would go "invisible" during that time that I can think of, JMO.... my gut suggests MS or her cousin Colin went in and did it intentionally JMO based on thoughts expressed in the previous sentences.

My guess would be his lawyers as MS's account is still open.

I guess we'll all need to remember our sarcasm mark []. I get into trouble ALL the time for that..... That and mistyping, misspelling, and .....

The website itself should be fine. Many of us outside AU have no clue how to search for anything there. I don't even know if I have to put dot au at the end of sites to get teh australian version or what. It's like pointing us to google.com - you'd just be pointing us to a site to search for further info. If it really bothers you, type it like: google dot com and then you're not even linking to the site to search for info which could result in displaying personal info of people we can't paste the results of here (which is already like four degrees away from breaking TOS IMO).

I guess we'll all need to remember our sarcasm mark []. I get into trouble ALL the time for that..... That and mistyping, misspelling, and .....

What's a sarcasm mark? And why are there board code brackets sitting there without any code inside?

They aren't all subscriber only, GGE. The Australian has premium content and regular content. The premium content tends to be subscriber only, but it frequently changes to the regular content category after a while and is viewable. The Australian also only allows 5 articles per week for free viewing of some of its articles. This can be an issue for people who do not clear their cookies regularly.

I wonder if perhaps for overseas readers it all tends to be subscriber only?

Thank you for mentioning cookies. Those can be edited and / or removed easily enough. I went ahead and removed my cookies for that site and will go back and try the link again and update this post to let other americans know whether they're blocked from the get-go, or whether they are simply limited to five articles per week (in which case, deleting cookies will reset that number).

edited to add: nope they're blocked entirely to US viewers unless we subscribe. oh well.

Since I was the one questioning the phone call(s) I thought I'd go ahead and post this clarification that I just found:

"Colin said Mr Spedding had visited William's grandmother's house on Monday, September 8, but needed to order a part, which arrived on Thursday September 11.

He said that, when Mr Spedding got in touch with the family on Friday, the day that William went missing, he initially couldn't get a hold of the grandmother.

Mr Spedding is understood to have told police that, at the time the toddler disappeared, he was having coffee with his wife in nearby Laurieton.

He said he then went to a nearby school presentation.

"He's rung them again because he couldn't get them in the morning," Colin said.

"Then [William's] mother answered it and said, 'Oh I'm afraid, look I'm afraid you can't come and do it at the moment - we will give you a call when we can.' ""

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-h...iam-tyrell-investigation-20150122-12v4n3.html

A prior post from Angeline on Thread No 5 says:

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

So does that mean that the calls showed up on the telephone records, but WS had deleted the calls from his call log?

A strange thing to do if he was trying to cover his tracks. Surely he would know that the police have other means to check things?

Maybe he had planned to give police a different story and deleted the calls from his log (or perhaps he DID give them a different story - e.g. that he never spoke to the family that day.)

Maybe he thought that deleting the calls would be enough to avoid suspicion or further investigation.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-5&p=11478269

Police have not released what they found out about the phone calls so we only have Colin Youngberry's word for what Spedding told him.

A prior post from Angeline on Thread No 5 says:

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

So does that mean that the calls showed up on the telephone records, but WS had deleted the calls from his call log?

A strange thing to do if he was trying to cover his tracks. Surely he would know that the police have other means to check things?

Maybe he had planned to give police a different story and deleted the calls from his log (or perhaps he DID give them a different story - e.g. that he never spoke to the family that day.)

Maybe he thought that deleting the calls would be enough to avoid suspicion or further investigation.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-5&p=11478269

Police have not released what they found out about the phone calls so we only have Colin Youngberry's word for what Spedding told him.

This reminds me of when my children would try to lie and say yes they brushed their teeth and I'd go into the bathroom and find the toothbrushes dry. the only excuse they could come up with would be "GEE I DON"T KNOW HOW THE WETNESS DISAPPEARED FROM THE BRUSH WHEN MY STORY WAS SO TOTALLY TRUE TO BEGIN WITH".

To be blunt, IMO the calls are no longer in the log because they never existed to begin with. BS is, and has always been, full of BS. JMO.

as in, "If she called you to say don't come, why isn't the call in the logs?" "GEE I DON"T KNOW"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member