Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned several times there were known sex offenders in the local area. I'm sure at least once it was reported that known sex offenders on the street and in the town were checked up on. Who knows what kind of info gets passed around between these people.

Hi Everyone,
I apologise in advance for asking, but the last time I was up to date with this case was when Jubelin was searching an area in the woods near Bonny Hills. Now I see that these threads have moved along at a rapid rate and I am totally lost as to what has happened. I see that Spedding has been arrested, but for what, and is it connected to William's case. Could someone be so kind as to post a really short update - I am so confused.
Thanks in advance :)

Hi Everyone,
I apologise in advance for asking, but the last time I was up to date with this case was when Jubelin was searching an area in the woods near Bonny Hills. Now I see that these threads have moved along at a rapid rate and I am totally lost as to what has happened. I see that Spedding has been arrested, but for what, and is it connected to William's case. Could someone be so kind as to post a really short update - I am so confused.
Thanks in advance :)

Nothing of interest came of the search near Bonny Hills, nothing that's been released anyway. What I still find interesting is the incident a day or 2 after the search ended when a man attempted to persuade an 8 year old boy into his car very close to the search site, the police were quick to say the incident wasn't related to William.. Hm..

Then we heard nothing for weeks and everything up to Thursday happened very quickly. On Tuesday, police revisited Spedding at his home and left an hour later. Then Wednesday he was taken from his home, arrested for the sexual abuse on 2 girls, 3 and 6 in 1987.
He fronted court Thursday morning for 5 counts of sexual intercourse with a person under 14 and 2 counts of common abuse. He was denied bail and faces court again in June.

Nothing since, but the feeling is there's more to come

That's one reason there would appear to have been more than one person involved.

William and his sister had been playing in view of the neighbours and the street for some time that morning.

It was mentioned several times there were known sex offenders in the local area. I'm sure at least once it was reported that known sex offenders on the street and in the town were checked up on. Who knows what kind of info gets passed around between these people.

Exactly! Bill accidentally receives info from G/M re: needing the washing machine repair. He now knows 2 kids from out of town are expected Friday. He alerts his slimy pals, and if they do live on the same street as G/M, they will know who is away, who leaves at what time for work each day, and what everyone had for breakfast. It was just a matter of lying in wait for the perfect opportunity to nab either one of the kids. :-(

Does this pedophile just happen to turn up, just as this 3yo boy comes around the corner of the house, and picks up the boy within a couple of minutes and no one happens to see him in the area?

Nah!

He isn't charged with anything related to WT so far. And he's also not convicted of anything so far, but fingers crossed, if he is the man they say.

But the other way to look at your question is this: "Would a pedophile be patient and wait for years until the ideal moment when a kid is randomly alone with him and a perfect opportunity presents itself?" ... Yes, I guess so?

One issue is that it isn't actually a "perfect" opportunity. Because he was actually due to visit and had been to the house. So his name is linked to the crime scene from the outset. Anyway, if it is him, then thank god he's an idiot and he can be locked away. Only, not quick enough for WT.

Exactly! Bill accidentally receives info from G/M re: needing the washing machine repair. He now knows 2 kids from out of town are expected Friday. He alerts his slimy pals, and if they do live on the same street as G/M, they will know who is away, who leaves at what time for work each day, and what everyone had for breakfast. It was just a matter of lying in wait for the perfect opportunity to nab either one of the kids. :-(

Has anyone got a link to that tiny house that was for sale, with the TV on the floor etc?

Omgosh, thanks for that Manny. At first I found it hard to think of WS as anything other than a regular guy - he seemed so ordinary in that first pic I saw. Still, innocent until proven guilty, though things are not looking good for him. If he's guilty I hope he gets everything that he deserves. What children suffer in the hands of evil monsters is beyond comprehension. I feel sick in my gut for what has likely happened to poor William :(

Does this pedophile just happen to turn up, just as this 3yo boy comes around the corner of the house, and picks up the boy within a couple of minutes and no one happens to see him in the area?

Nah!

I'm interested to hear more on your theories inspector Rex.

Nothing of interest came of the search near Bonny Hills, nothing that's been released anyway. What I still find interesting is the incident a day or 2 after the search ended when a man attempted to persuade an 8 year old boy into his car very close to the search site, the police were quick to say the incident wasn't related to William.. Hm..

Then we heard nothing for weeks and everything up to Thursday happened very quickly. On Tuesday, police revisited Spedding at his home and left an hour later. Then Wednesday he was taken from his home, arrested for the sexual abuse on 2 girls, 3 and 6 in 1987.
He fronted court Thursday morning for 5 counts of sexual intercourse with a person under 14 and 2 counts of common abuse. He was denied bail and faces court again in June.

Nothing since, but the feeling is there's more to come

Just to add to your excellent summary. In the few days prior to Spedding's arrest, detectives told the media that they were aware of a pedophile ring in that region of NSW (yeah, I don't actually know what region it is) and they suspected that it may be related to William's disappearance. Detectives made that appeal to the public about "if you know something then you're complicit". And there was also the interview with the foster parents about a week ago. It all kind of snowballed for about a week.

Grandmas house had been up for sale in the months prior to Williams disappearance..
the person who took William may well have scoped out the house many times prior.

Quick hypothetical, if MS had knowledge of what happened in 87 (if BS was found guilty) , could she be charged with anything? Purely hypothetical question

Quick hypothetical, if MS had knowledge of what happened in 87 (if BS was found guilty) , could she be charged with anything? Purely hypothetical question

http://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/complicity.html

Not sure how it all works. There are quite a few Catholic power mongers who are complicit (for example, moving offenders on to different locations rather than reporting them to police), but I haven't noticed any arrests. Would like to be proved wrong on that, but church and state are best buddies.

At the inquest into how his church (and even he himself) treated victims and their families, George Pell even gloated how the government was spending $245million putting chaplains into schools.

Not suggesting all or any of them are future offenders. Just his attitude was quite off.

I have about 3 chains of thought I want to comment on, so please excuse this mish mash post and lack of quotes.

First up, when it comes to the ramifications of child sexual abuse, I think it is good to keep in mind that it is something people can heal from and it CAN recede in their lives. It is difficult to talk about that because it in no way should a) make people for whom that isn't happening feel worse, because they are entitled to whatever they feel about what happened, and to not have anything they are dealing with minimised b) give abusers any sort of green light when it comes to potentially and likely ruining/damaging someone's life, if not in every aspect than in some very core ones (their trust, sexuality, health). I just want to put it out there because people who have experienced it don't need to feel like their future is doomed. You can be resilient in remarkable ways. You can heal and be strong.

I think we need to learn more about what makes people tick sexually. Some people are dominant and others passive, people get turned on by specific and weird stuff, and then we have a culture that has basically only left incest, paedophillia and necrophillia as taboo subjects and plenty of people get off on the taboo, that zing from crossing a boundary. It's no wonder we have a raft of sexual problems, most are which are pretty benign, some of which are absolutely ghastly. I think it would be good if we knew how to better ensure people develop a healthy sexuality. We just leave it up to chance. Meanwhile our teenagers are now seeped in *advertiser censored* which is more WWE than what sex really looks and feels like, which seems to be like a crazy formative sexual experience ... I just wonder what would happen if in school, a young man who had experienced sexual abuse, could be made aware that indulging only in sadistic sexual thoughts could skew him forever, and to deliberately seek out less potentially dangerous gratification so his responses stay more middle of the road, and that consensual BDSM is an option. I dunno, I just think a more sex positive culture could help a lot. Try and be diverse in ways that don't hurt other people.

Lastly, a few pages back an astute commentor described how an article turned a phrase along the lines of Jubelin vs the pedophile, and now BS has that very crime alleged against him. I honestly have never encountered a case where the media coverage seems so very carefully controlled and deliberate. The unnamed parents - while we are somewhat immune to how amazingly bizarre that is - I am pretty surprised at how well their identity has been protected - to the comments on that special piece article about the van in the street well in advance of BS being names a POI ... BS's family member's speculation in an article that "It could have been anyone, a plumber coming to fix a drain, its just be circumstance" ... did the reporter include that knowing that BS had additional heat from that very circumstance?? And then that aspect of the story breaks within a day of William's mother talking about that garment specifically. Combine this with the coverge of BS and I think the media is a very important part of the strategy to find William.

When telling the poster what he/she missed, please do remember that the day before he was arrested, it came out in MSM that after william went missing a plumber was called to BS's house and found a child's shirt clogging a pipe. We speculated why would police release that right now when nothign came of the Bonny Hills search and the only new news was a pedo ring operating nearby? Then the next day they arrested BS. IMO the info about the child's shirt was strategically "advertised" prior to his arrest.

When telling the poster what he/she missed, please do remember that the day before he was arrested, it came out in MSM that after william went missing a plumber was called to BS's house and found a child's shirt clogging a pipe. We speculated why would police release that right now when nothign came of the Bonny Hills search and the only new news was a pedo ring operating nearby? Then the next day they arrested BS. IMO the info about the child's shirt was strategically "advertised" prior to his arrest.

Oh my, that jut made me feel yuck! I have not read about this, would it be possible to get a link to this story? Thanks

Oh my, that jut made me feel yuck! I have not read about this, would it be possible to get a link to this story? Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Bill-Speddo-Spedding-came-police-radar.html

"Child's shirt was allegedly found blocking a pipe in Spedding's house"

<snip>

"It was also reported that a plumber who was later called to investigate a blocked pipe at Bill and Margaret Spedding's Bonny Hils house found a child's shirt in one of the pipes, although this item of clothing may not have been linked to William Tyrrell's disappearance."

I think the sisters who were abused are family or close friends of the Speddings. How would MS have the phone number otherwise?

I wouldnt feel comfortable going there.... they deserve respect and privacy as they deal with this.

Thanks for the link GGE. I wonder if/ when that t-shirt will receive any further media attention, that seems to be an odd reason for a blocked pipe IMO. I also hadn't read this anywhere either...

'Then this week, it was revealed that William Tyrrell's grandmother had informed Bill Spedding last September that she was expecting the toddler for a stay over visit, and therefore could he fix her broken washing machine.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Bill-Speddo-Spedding-came-police-radar.html

That has also given me a yuck feeling, considering how much emphasis was put on the 'surprise visit' aspect in early reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry