Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NSW Police has recommended the foster mother of William Tyrrell be charged with interfering with a corpse and perverting the course of justice.

Snip

A charge would likely initiate the start of a court proceeding, and a judge or jury would decide if there was enough evidence for a conviction.

Free article:

Does anyone know why the fm can’t be named? Originally I understood it was because she was a foster carer… as I understand she is no longer a foster carer? Cutious

I guess if people do not have an air tight alibi for when WT went missing, then they are still in the frame. Unfortunately, FFC doesn't have one (that we know of) that anyone can back up. She was only metres from him when he disappeared and then disappeared herself so it seems from everyone's field of view and hearing for a period of time. So she was at the scene when he disappeared and has no corroborated alibi. If she has provided one and police are sitting on it, then I'm sure she will sue, but this investigation of her is run by the coroner isn't it, who has asked the public for information to be sent to her, so if the police had failed to hand on evidence to her that cleared the FFC, the FFC could always pass her evidence onto the coroner.

I don't know whether it's unfortunate or not that she didn't have an alibi.

BUT the timeline is so tight.

Police suspect WT vanished around 10:05am-10:20am. FM says she was looking for WT at 10:30am. FF returns home shortly after. At 10:57am the police are called.

If it was the FM re-acting alone to some incident, whatever action was taken had to of been done inside a 1hr window at the very most?

The only thing I feel sure of is the honesty of the FGMs recollections - but who knows how influenced someone can be to stories when told by loved ones. She could have become convinced that she saw WT slightly later than she did after hearing that version?

If somehow the FGM comes to believe WT was seen at a later time (and maybe the 9:37 photo really was taken at 7:39), then the pressure is off a little - we'd be looking more at the 97min window that FF was away.

Yet it's a remarkable feat to cover up an accident in a way that survives days of intense searching?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the fm can’t be named? Originally I understood it was because she was a foster carer… as I understand she is no longer a foster carer? Cutious

I think that was in the NPO by the judge, in the case where they revealed William was a foster child.

Then the Coroner put a further NPO on the names being released. And that, most likely, is still in effect. Maybe that will change after the inquest.

This is a free link to an article …. As long as you haven’t read too many articles this month ….

(FM’s) lawyer, Sharon Ramsden, told the Herald she had not been advised that police had recommended charges. She will write to police on Wednesday seeking confirmation.

This is a free link to an article …. As long as you haven’t read too many articles this month ….

(FM’s) lawyer, Sharon Ramsden, told the Herald she had not been advised that police had recommended charges. She will write to police on Wednesday seeking confirmation.

Well, I guess that means that the police haven't spoken with FM ... otherwise she surely would have called her lawyer.

And if charges were to be laid, it could be a scenario where the police would call the lawyer and see if their client will turn themselves in to be charged. FM doesn't seem to be a flight risk, no matter how much she is pursued and pressured.

A recap of what police said ahead of the Big Dig:

In late 2021, Rosann’s detectives spent more than four weeks combing muddy bushland and creeks down the road from his grandmother’s home, where he was last seen alive. They also dug into the garden beneath the balcony.

The detectives believed the foster mother had dumped William’s body in the bush, on the side of the quiet country road, and returned to the home on Benaroon Drive.

“We know why, we know how, we know where he is,” Sergeant Scott Jamieson told the foster mother shortly before the 2021 search.

“We aren’t guessing, we aren’t bluffing.

“We are saying we know what happened and why it happened and where [his body] is.”

The courts would hear the woman responded: “What? Why haven’t you got him?”

The exchange emerged after the 57-year-old was charged with lying to the NSW Crime Commission, a secretive investigative body that looked into William’s disappearance.

ABC News yesterday (bbm):

During a hearing in November, a senior strike force detective admitted in court police hoped the other charges would put pressure on the foster parents and lead to a confession if there is anything for them to confess.

So far, that strategy has also amounted to nothing.

In the meantime, there has still been no word on when the coronial inquest will resume or when Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame will hand down her findings, more than four years after she began hearing evidence.

While police say the investigation remains active, it seems any confidence they had in 2021 of an imminent arrest has dissipated, with their latest statement once again putting the focus back on the coronial inquest.

"State Crime Command's Homicide Squad continues to prepare information for the coronial inquest in an effort to determine what happened to William nine years ago under Strike Force Rosann," the statement said.

Ok I’ve had a little tiny catch up. Just need filling in on how the FM could have hidden his body in the time period when everyone was out looking for William?

And also whether the grandmother must have been complicit in it. (Am I right in thinking she has since passed away?) And the foster dad, possibly, he was out for a while when all this was going off iirc.

All recent revelations aside, I must say that I'm hugely relieved that he wasn't taken by one of the local pedo's
because the thought of what could have been is unthinkable.

My thoughts are that he has possibly fallen off the balcony where the FFM has found him deceased. She has then
made some very stupid, hasty decisions and that has lead to where proceedings are today.

The Australian have put out an article, the content is basically the same as other media reports with an additional detail - a NSW Police spokeswomen declined to comment on the brief of evidence on Tuesday. "There are no updates in relation to this matter. The investigation is ongoing," a NSW police statement said.

Some mixed messages from NSW Police.

“We are saying we know what happened and why it happened and where [his body] is.”

The courts would hear the woman responded: “What? Why haven’t you got him?”

It's a fair question.

If someone reacted alone to an accident, and the window to do so is something like 30-60min (roughly!), then the distance radius to place and cover the evidence isn't huge. Just not a lot of time to dig or cover up. It's not like an otherwise innocent person finding themselves in this situation wouldn't be anything but frantic.

This could all boil down to freak chance that the final resting place was continuously overlooked in searches by people and dogs, and that nobody saw them coming and going in their car. Entirely possible even if a bit freaky. And not forgetting everything has to align with what the FGM felt she saw and knew (her innocence is a baseline for me - nobody can tell me otherwise unless I am wrong about the entirety of reality!)

I think we can rule out that WT was first placed somewhere close (again - in a freakishly overlooked location), and then later moved, by anyone involved on the day? The level of attention placed on the house and the people was enormous for days and weeks. If the FM alone did in fact cover up WTs death, then she did so with enormous luck for her part.

Last edited:
And also whether the grandmother must have been complicit in it. (Am I right in thinking she has since passed away?)

Yes, the FGM died in 2021.

There's a video of her embedded in this article:

And the foster dad, possibly, he was out for a while when all this was going off iirc.

Yes, he said he went out to make a business call, get a prescription filled and buy a newspaper.

Last edited:
Detectives have been investigating "allegations" there was a deadly accident at a home in Kendall

So someone has made the allegations to the detectives to investigate ..? Thats how it reads....

I am wondering if it might have been someone close to the fosters at the time… someone who was very young at the time when you block things out but when you get older, some memories resurface….

is it within the realms of possibility that all three witnessed a fatal accident and covered it up?
Anything is possible, but three people covering up an accident raises the odds so high? If you watch the FGM showing LE around the house and walking them through the morning, it's hard to believe she is sticking to some predetermined master plan. Maybe I have a blind spot on little old ladies.

Was never someone who piled onto BS back in the day. Never bought into the Tracey Grimshaw style of sensationalism. But if we heard that one of the other "dubious" male suspects had a "forgotten" phone that disconnected days before, that a photo on their phone had seemingly been doctored, that some basic details had been misremembered, and that they had taken a car ride to fill a prescription when WT vanished, then we'd be without mercy chewing onto them like there was blood in the water. If we think three people were in on a cover-up, then we could easily make the mistake of assuming worse.

Sometimes I cannot fathom how many unresolved details have been revealed in this case with little or no clarification. I guess the police need to play these games to some extent, but when half the story has been shielded away from view it's ... awkward.

Last edited:
Cheers @JBowie, much appreciated… is it within the realms of possibility that all three witnessed a fatal accident and covered it up?

BTW: I added another article link above that you might like to check out.

If we can believe the accounts given by all three, then I don't think all of them could have witnessed an accident.

Re a cover up: Yes it's possible, however they would have had to be pretty used to lying bald-faced to police while under interrogation. I guess those of us who watch police interrogation videos (usually from America) would see what type of person can do that, and they are not usually your everyday citizen.

All recent revelations aside, I must say that I'm hugely relieved that he wasn't taken by one of the local pedo's
because the thought of what could have been is unthinkable.

My thoughts are that he has possibly fallen off the balcony where the FFM has found him deceased. She has then
made some very stupid, hasty decisions and that has lead to where proceedings are today.

What a complete and utter nightmare, if this is so. A fatal fall is completely tragic, but the consequences of those possible hasty decisions are incredible. Sometimes it's hard to know what to wish for.... A fall, compared to some of the other possible answers to what had happened, seems not a bad option, not the worst, if you know what I mean. The eight years that has followed, for the community, and many individuals who became involved, often simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, the cost, potentially because someone wanted to conceal an accident is almost beyond conception.

I really hope we get some answers. If the FM was involved in moving William's body, there seems no hope that she will reveal the location.

I feel like if the police leaked this they are being underhanded and I don’t like their methods. Be above board and provide information to the public by standing in front of a camera or official media releases.

I’m not jumping on FM guilt just yet. As some have said feels like we have been here before. Having said that, if she is guilty I think she should receive the upper end of sentencing. Sure she may have made a stupid decision in the moment but she had ample time to come clean in the days and weeks following. The pain and distress for so many people has been massive, particularly for bio family. And police have spent how many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member