Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The former lead detective in the investigation into the disappearance of William Tyrrell has urged police to “put up or shut up” if they have evidence against the three-year-old’s foster mother.

<modsnip: Direct quotes from a paywalled article are not allowed>

(pay-walled)

Something new (to me) in this article is that Senior Police revealed this week that they are investigating the leak internally.

Not that we are likely to hear the outcome of their internal investigation, but let's hope that they can stop further breaches of confidentiality between the DPP and NSWPOL. If that is what this leak is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does Jubelin keep inserting himself into this?

The police will charge her when they're good and ready and foster Mother or Jubelin making demands will change nothing. The police have taken back control of the investigation and the Foster Mother and Jubelin don't get to make demands anymore. How strange! IMO.
I think that Jubelin genuinely believed in the FM and clearly still does. Also his reputation and sefl-respect is at stake. Equally the FM would want to know what the police are talking about whether she is guilty or not. I tend to believe the new police theory but I do think that if she's innocent she would want to know what they have so she could try to make sense of it.

FM was apparently seen. I imagine it was by the truck driver. I don't think she lied about her drive, she knew she was seen.

"...... detectives claim the mother was seen driving on a bush road close to the riding school in Kendall"
Tyrrell detectives believe William was dumped in the bush by foster mum
She lied about her drive. Craddock pressed her on it at the inquest.

Given the police seized the car and dug up the riding school and it's now been leaked that the police have recommended charges, it looks like the key evidence they have is about the drive and her moving his body.

I think that Jubelin genuinely believed in the FM and clearly still does. Also his reputation and sefl-respect is at stake. Equally the FM would want to know what the police are talking about whether she is guilty or not. I tend to believe the new police theory but I do think that if she's innocent she would want to know what they have so she could try to make sense of it.he doesn't get to demand that though. Seems controlling and arrogant that she is demanding it.

Him believing the Foster Mother is innocent might have been his biggest mistake of his career ... If she's found guilty he will certainly have a case to answer for also.

I understand what you're saying about reputation but ego and reputation haven't got a place in a case where a little boy was possibly killed and disposed of like trash by people employed by the government to take care of him.

I think that Jubelin genuinely believed in the FM and clearly still does. Also his reputation and sefl-respect is at stake. Equally the FM would want to know what the police are talking about whether she is guilty or not. I tend to believe the new police theory but I do think that if she's innocent she would want to know what they have so she could try to make sense of it.

Jubes is a victims advocate, and always has been. In that article, he clearly thinks that FM is being victimised with this leak. We never hear that "the police have submitted a brief to the DPP and now we are waiting for an answer". We hear when charges are laid.

And he has always advocated for William. I imagine it is extremely frustrating to him that he feels someone else has done this crime - through his own investigation - and he was not able to carry that investigation through to its completion.

He is also (now) an investigative reporter and podcaster, and well-respected by many. Fairly free to state his opinions, I would think.

The police will charge her when they're good and ready and foster Mother or Jubelin making demands will change nothing. The police have taken back control of the investigation and the Foster Mother and Jubelin don't get to make demands anymore. How strange! IMO.
Because if this is true, he looks like he has really failed and as has his credibility.

Given the police seized the car and dug up the riding school and it's now been leaked that the police have recommended charges, it looks like the key evidence they have is about the drive and her moving his body.

Him believing the Foster Mother is innocent might have been his biggest mistake of his career ... If she's found guilty he will certainly have a case to answer for also.

I understand what you're saying about reputation but ego and reputation haven't got a place in a case where a little boy was possibly killed and disposed of like trash by people employed by the government to take care of him.
Agree, he
Jubes is a victims advocate, and always has been. In that article, he clearly thinks that FM is being victimised with this leak. We never hear that "the police have submitted a brief to the DPP and now we are waiting for an answer". We hear when charges are laid.

And he has always advocated for William. I imagine it is extremely frustrating to him that he feels someone else has done this crime - through his own investigation - and he was not able to carry that investigation through to its completion.

He is also (now) an investigative reporter and podcaster, and well-respected by many. Fairly free to state his opinions, I would think.
Then any victims advocate shouldn’t rule anyone out until the evidence is 100% and someone has been found guilty.
If he was wrong, he will look like an absolute fool.

A person's worth is not based on one potential case "failure". Nor on "IF this is true".
I think if he has been found to be wrong in this case, then yes I believe this will tarnish his reputation and it should.
You think if the foster mother is found guilty of covering up an accident, that no one will think less of him?

He won't look like a fool to others who respect his police efforts over 30 odd years.

So many IFS in posts in this thread.
Well at the moment the only poi in the case is the one person he said had no involvement.

I hope she wasn’t involved, because if she was, it shows how powerful money really is in our justice system.

The people who’s lives have been ruined in this case are at the other end of the society ladder and most people didn’t bat an eye lid at their lives being torn apart (myself included)

BBM : He knows what he knows from what he & his team investigated for years. He knows that "the drive" has been known about by the police & by the coroner, but the media talk is all about this " new evidence" & " new revelations" which really they aren't . Same as it was made out the FGM's car was never forensically tested, when it was .....

I don't care if he wants to speak out, seems everyone else can , but of course, many others often remain anonymous as a close source, do not have permission , so off the record & are never named etc

At least he puts his name to his words :)

She lied about her drive.
RSBM

Did she lie about going on the drive? No, she had told Police about the drive in her walkthrough a few days after William vanished.

In the footage that was filmed during the walkthrough at the Kendall home where William was last seen alive, the foster mother gave police an account of what happened the day he disappeared.

"I get to the riding school and I just think, 'he's not here'," she told police at the time.

"Then I bring the car back up and I just run out and look for him again."
Then she said she saw a "semi-trailer coming down really fast and ... he (the driver) thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me saying thanks for pulling over, but I pulled over because I had just got my head out the window looking for William".

We are yet to find out if she lied about what she did on that drive.

BBM : Care to explain? How did she lie? Do you have a link that she lied?

BBM : Care to explain? How did she lie? Do you have a link that she lied?
FFC's 1st signed and sworn Statement to Police occurred on 14/9/2014 and the detective at that time was Vanessa Partridge. No mention of car drive.

The interview/video was shot on 16/9/2014. Mentioning car drive.

Craddock mentioned this at the inquest. <modsnip>

The theory is that between her first sworn statement and her second walkthrough statement on video, that police mentioned that somebody had seen her near the riding school which caused her to change her story.

Very mysterious indeed. JMO!

FFC's 1st signed and sworn Statement to Police occurred on 14/9/2014 and the detective at that time was Vanessa Partridge. No mention of car drive.

The theory is that between her first sworn statement and her second walkthrough statement on video, that police mentioned that somebody had seen her near the riding school which caused her to change her story.

May I ask who's theory?

Just to add:
JMO -
.... we all know that it is possible to tell the truth, while omitting a particular crucial fact;
.... we all know that it is possible to lie by omission .... but decide to spill the beans a bit later (when finding out that there is a witness to the event that was not previously revealed).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members