Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Essentially, it sounds as if FA had access to two vehicles that were similar/same as the cars seen by FM on Benaroon Drive that morning.

RP's white station wagon. As one of the cars parked on the street was a white station wagon.
And the 'teal' car that turned around and drove past when the kids were riding bikes on the driveway. As DP had a green/blue Camry.

imo
Agree …

It would also be interesting to know if the phone call to FGM house by GO, around the same time, that went unanswered, is somehow connected ??? (Was that call at 09:10am??? IIRC ??? )

IMO

So he didn't get flagged early as a known criminal of the area? just wondering IMO.

Or he was excluded due to not having a means to get to this area? but later there was the connection to RP and DP and the fact he often borrowed cars? JMO

It's so frustrating that these type of individuals are protected. MOO
I am also just guessing, that FA didn’t get flagged early as he didn’t live right in Kendal …. I suspect the Police worked outwards from the initial local area …. in establishing alibis for those living closest, on the CSO Register first.

There were also 200 persons in a 1km radius to eliminate as well …

From a 2015 article:

Police have established that around 200 people were within a 1km radius of William’s grandmother’s house when he went missing. They are checking and plotting the movements of every single one of those people. Progress, the detectives say, is being able to exclude people from the investigation. Each time they do so, the field narrows.

At the inquest Mr Craddock asked DP if FA ever drove his cars, he said he had. He drove at least 2 of his camry's one maroon & one green / blue . Keys were left in the cars often.

Mr Craddock showed him an annexure which was a point to point camera photo @ Kew @ 14:07 on 12/9/2014. He was asked if that car was green / blue & DP responded yes.

He was than asked, if on that day he was driving his mazda green/blue car that day & he said he wasn't & that he didn't go anywhere that day - said he was getting a bus ready.
(snipped)--You're saying DP had two green/blue cars, a Camry and a Mazda? Which did he get painted because the colour was 'embarrassing'?

I don't think FA became a POI until about mid-2019. RP's deathbed confession was in April 2019. The nurse reported it to her supervisor. Her supervisor neglected to inform the police. Then the nurse told the facilities manager.

Around July 2019 the police started questioning RP. And then the nurse provided a statement to the police.

It is hard to know exactly who informed the police. But it seems they didn't know about FA until 4½ years or so after William disappeared.

imo

Link

FA inserted himself into the investigation IMO ( I have no idea if he was on the cops radar before this )

According to FA, he says when he was in down in Nowra in jail ( he says he was in Nowra Jan 2018 til Oct 2018 ) , he told a correctives officer that he wanted to talk to detectives involved in the William Tyrrell case.

Than when FA was back in Port Macquarie in a District Court Trial ..........

From my notes :

On 26/10/2018 Detective Senior Constable Robert Dingle ( he was stationed out of Port Mac ) was notified that a person by the name of Frank Abbott wanted to speak to police about WT - Det Dingle was on the Strike Force earlier that year in July

He went & interviewed FA ( he was in custody )

FA told him about a trip ( on an unknown date ) he & RP took to a " log dump" , which passed a large radio / comminication tower ,at a property west of Kendall ( it's actually near the school area - property owner was a friend of RP - had known him for more than 20 yrs - per this person's evidence , this property can be assessed via Kendall Forrest Rd , Rt at 1st intersection & follow an unmarked trail to junction - communication tower is on ridge from memory & still on private property )

He said while there, they ran into a man with a white station wagon ( unable to say make or model ) with a blue trailer attatched & another man ( 30 - 50yrs old ) with a young boy about 7, ( FA was unable to give any more detail & said that " his memory was not reliable at his age" ) & than when pressed he was unable to describe or commit to those other 2 people being there or not.

FA told the detective that one of the males introduced himself as "Jones from out west " & he said he asked him if he was " Bobby Jones " The man said he wasn't.

Mr Craddock to Det Dingle : In trying to narrow the date , was it before or after WT missing?

Det Dingle : He re-called he was released from jail & lived at Misty Way

Mr Craddock : Just to put in some context, He did fall back on his difficulty with his memory?

Det Dringle : Wasn't an immediate response to questions.

Coroner : Did Mr FA himself try to explain to you how it could be connected?

Det Dingle : Guy he saw at log dump & connection to TJ ( via media ) .

" the gentleman he'd seen at the log dump he now believed was the same person he's seen on TV as a POI in the toddler's disappearance"

He was interested if his information could assist WT.
Said his charges are a misunderstanding & that he felt sorry for WT.

Det Dingle said FA was "adamant" that he wanted to ensure " the information would make it's way to the Strike Force"

The person he was talking about was TJ's who had recently just been on ACA! ( Fen 2018 )

FA than had Q's for Det Dingle :

FA : when you were questioning me, Misty Way....

FA : I said I couldn't remember if before or after went to jail.

FA : Went to Jail 4.2015 & out 7.2015

Coroner : No that wasn't said

FA : I did make ...Nowra 26/1/2018 to Oct 2018 than was back in Port, I spoke to officer @ Nowra.

Det Dingle confirmed he was not given any information in that detail!

FA made Det Dingle confirm that he did not ask for any favours for court & replied " No he didn't "

See how everything is clear as mud :rolleyes:

( Just to add this was all when Covid was really taking off - I have a note in my notes that all water jugs were removed from court & bottled water bought in )

Those weeks in Taree were bloody rough in so many ways - I had to take a break for along time after, but interesting reading back now ( on my very worn hard to read notes !)

Apologies for any typos or if it's hard to understand

* Italic's are my words

Last edited:
So I am still struggling with :-

Everyone is on the verandah doing activities 9.30 onwards after last photo.

FM maybe goes inside - to make tea or take herself or LT to the toilet.

Notices that WT is quiet and not there - I would probably at this point do a circuit around the outside of the house. IMO

Then once back round to the deck and not siting him do a check inside all rooms.

What I am wondering is why FM didn't alert her mother to her taking the FGM's car to go look beyond this point?

Wouldn't you want the FGM to know 1. You are taking her car 2. Where you roughly intend going and 3. For her to recheck inside incase he was hiding and moving as the FM is looking for him??

I also got the sense just my opinion that both the FGM and LT were unaware of WT missing until the FF got home.

I can't find a plausible reason for why you wouldn't tell the FGM you were taking her car. MOO

(snipped)--You're saying DP had two green/blue cars, a Camry and a Mazda? Which did he get painted because the colour was 'embarrassing'?
From my notes :

DP cars = Maroon Camry ( 1994 ) - BK. ...
Green / Teal Camry - ( 1995 ) UAT ... ( awaiting respray apparently & DP said was embarrassing to drive )

FA told him about a trip ( on an unknown date ) he & RP took to a " log dump" , which passed a large radio / comminication tower ,at a property west of Kendall ( it's actually near the school area - property owner was a friend of RP - had known him for more than 20 yrs - per this person's evidence , this property can be assessed via Kendall Forrest Rd , Rt at 1st intersection & follow an unmarked trail to junction - communication tower is on ridge from memory & still on private property )
Interesting that you can access this road from the track at the end of Benaroon Drive ….

This property has never been forensically searched has it… ???

From my notes :

DP cars = Maroon Camry ( 1994 ) - BK. ...
Green / Teal Camry - ( 1995 ) UAT ... ( awaiting respray apparently & DP said was embarrassing to drive )
IIRC GO had the white Mazda …

And agree that DP had the Camrys ..including the teal one ..

FA inserted himself into the investigation IMO ( I have no idea if he was on the cops radar before this )

According to FA, he says when he was in down in Nowra in jail ( he says he was in Nowra Jan 2018 til Oct 2018 ) , he told a correctives officer that he wanted to talk to detectives involved in the William Tyrrell case.

Than when FA was back in Port Macquarie in a District Court Trial ..........

From my notes :

On 26/10/2018 Detective Senior Constable Robert Dingle ( he was stationed out of Port Mac ) was notified that a person by the name of Frank Abbott wanted to speak to police about WT - Det Dingle was on the Strike Force earlier that year in July

He went & interviewed FA ( he was in custody )

He said while there, they ran into a man with a white station wagon ( unable to say make or model ) with a blue trailer attatched & another man ( 30 - 50yrs old ) with a young boy about 7, ( FA was unable to give any more detail & said that " his memory was not reliable at his age" ) & than when pressed he was unable to describe or commit to those other 2 people being there or not.

FA told the detective that one of the males introduced himself as "Jones from out west " & he said he asked him if he was " Bobby Jones " The man said he wasn't.

Mr Craddock to Det Dingle : In trying to narrow the date , was it before or after WT missing?

Det Dingle : He re-called he was released from jail & lived at Misty Way

Mr Craddock : Just to put in some context, He did fall back on his difficulty with his memory?

Det Dringle : Wasn't an immediate response to questions.

Coroner : Did Mr FA himself try to explain to you how it could be connected?

Det Dingle : Guy he saw at log dump & connection to TJ ( via media ) .

" the gentleman he'd seen at the log dump he now believed was the same person he's seen on TV as a POI in the toddler's disappearance"

He was interested if his information could assist WT.
Said his charges are a misunderstanding & that he felt sorry for WT.

Det Dingle said FA was "adamant" that he wanted to ensure " the information would make it's way to the Strike Force"

The person he was talking about was TJ's who had recently just been on ACA! ( Fen 2018 )

FA than had Q's for Det Dingle :

FA : when you were questioning me, Misty Way....

FA : I said I couldn't remember if before or after went to jail.

FA : Went to Jail 4.2015 & out 7.2015

Coroner : No that wasn't said

FA : I did make ...Nowra 26/1/2018 to Oct 2018 than was back in Port, I spoke to officer @ Nowra.

Det Dingle confirmed he was not given any information in that detail!

FA made Det Dingle confirm that he did not ask for any favours for court & replied " No he didn't "

See how everything is clear as mud :rolleyes:

( Just to add this was all when Covid was really taking off - I have a note in my notes that all water jugs were removed from court & bottled water bought in )

Those weeks in Taree were bloody rough in so many ways - I had to take a break for along time after, but interesting reading back now ( on my very worn hard to read notes !)

Apologies for any typos or if it's hard to understand

* Italic's are my words
I'm noticing that FA talked to police in 2018, and RP complained of police attention in 2019. Perhaps then the first time police approached RP it was in consequence of what FA had been saying. And perhaps it was police who started the connection in RP's mind that the boy they met (on unknown date) had been WT.

Interesting that you can access this road from the track at the end of Benaroon Drive ….

This property has never been forensically searched has it… ???
Not sure if it's been forensically searched, I don't think so?

This witness was talking about the access from Albert st ( which he said was 4WD, but could do in 2WD - friend did it in ute but it was damaged.

Said he never took RP or FA there, but has taken the police & a few other people ( including his neighbour ).

He was asked if RP had a boat - answer was no.

Said he saw " 2 fellas at the log dump around winter 2016- one fella said he had just bought a house in Albert st " where in white truck - tradesman

Would you say DP targeted older Males?? Just my opinion

FA did he target normally females?? In my opinion.

Not sure if they really don't care if an opportunity arises different to their usual targets? MOO

DP came across as someone who orchestrated his opportunities - very slyly. IMO

Not sure if they really don't care if an opportunity arises different to their usual targets? MOO

I'm really not sure what to think about DP.

I certainly don't take his evidence as gospel thou

;)

Sooo many slimmy creatures :mad:

Not sure if it's been forensically searched, I don't think so?

This witness was talking about the access from Albert st ( which he said was 4WD, but could do in 2WD - friend did it in ute but it was damaged.

Said he never took RP or FA there, but has taken the police & a few other people ( including his neighbour ).

He was asked if RP had a boat - answer was no.

Said he saw " 2 fellas at the log dump around winter 2016- one fella said he had just bought a house in Albert st " where in white truck - tradesman
Which witness--not Dingle?

What do you mean, regarding DP? Targeting and opportunities, for what?

Agree …

It would also be interesting to know if the phone call to FGM house by GO, around the same time, that went unanswered, is somehow connected ??? (Was that call at 09:10am??? IIRC ??? )

IMO

Yes, the call was at 9:10 am. That would make GO very complicit, if the phone call was to ascertain that no-one was home so FA could rob the place.

imo

There are a couple of posts here from the inquest.

This one about the protected witness who visited FA in prison and was handed two pieces of paper. It also states that FA was arrested and taken in for questioning in Nov 2019 ..... Link

And this one about FA trying to sell items (probably stolen) to ER over a 6 month period. One of the vehicles she saw him in was a white station wagon .... Link

imo

Yes, the call was at 9:10 am. That would make GO very complicit, if the phone call was to ascertain that no-one was home so FA could rob the place.

imo
That could easily have been the original plan … and then perhaps the opportunistic situation arose, and the temptation was too great..

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back