Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm noticing that FA talked to police in 2018, and RP complained of police attention in 2019. Perhaps then the first time police approached RP it was in consequence of what FA had been saying. And perhaps it was police who started the connection in RP's mind that the boy they met (on unknown date) had been WT.

RP probably watched a lot of TV while in the nursing home. Would have seen William's photo numerous times. And took a 300km journey with him. Was of sound mind (as stated by the nurse). He probably already knew who the boy was. imo

Last edited:
RP probably watched a lot of TV while in the nursing home. Would have seen William's photo numerous times. And took a 300km journey with him. Was of sound mind (as stated by the nurse). He probably already knew who the boy was. imo
I'm not presuming the boy was William or the date was compatible. If the date was months or years out, and the boy was a few years older, RP might never have made the connection or thought much about it before. Then more than four years after William's disappearance, police start pressuring him, and he's confused, he thinks maybe it was William? If this story originates from FA and FA is the perpetrator, why shouldn't FA be mixing things up with an unrelated event?

I'm not presuming the boy was William or the date was compatible. If the date was months or years out, and the boy was a few years older, RP might never have made the connection or thought much about it before. Then more than four years after William's disappearance, police start pressuring him, and he's confused, he thinks maybe it was William? If this story originates from FA and FA is the perpetrator, why shouldn't FA be mixing things up with an unrelated event?

Maybe the little boy was (still) in a Spiderman suit. He said "the boy from TV".

I have to reiterate that the nurse said RP was of sound mind, only physical failings.

If RP was still alive we might have heard more about the conversation in the car on the long trip.

imo

Would have seen William's photo numerous times. And took a 300km journey with him
Why have police dismissed this version of events??? Do they have evidence to prove otherwise ???

Surely if this drive “with William” did occur, they would be one step closer to solving the case??? And AFAWK the Police have never conducted a search 300km north of Kendall ..

The Police don’t seem to have taken RP’s “deathbed confession” very seriously for some reason???

Wonder what evidence they have to refute it??

IMO

Maybe the little boy was (still) in a Spiderman suit. He said "the boy from TV".

I have to reiterate that the nurse said RP was of sound mind, only physical failings.

If RP was still alive we might have heard more about the conversation in the car on the long trip.

imo
Fair point about Spiderman suit.

You don't have to be of unsound mind to struggle with memory sometimes.

Why have police dismissed this version of events??? Do they have evidence to prove otherwise ???

Surely if this drive “with William” did occur, they would be one step closer to solving the case??? And AFAWK the Police have never conducted a search 300km north of Kendall ..

The Police don’t seem to have taken RP’s “deathbed confession” very seriously for some reason???

IMO

Jubes said they couldn't positively place FA at the scene, despite him having no alibi. In a radio interview I heard.

IMO .... And everyone was too scared of FA to talk about him. Until RP's confession and the Ch7 doco when FA was safely locked away for a long time.

It seems to me that the Coroner is very interested in FA. Lonergan, not so much. I think maybe Lonergan became single focused. He had "formed the view" that FM was involved. Like others before him, he was probably wrong. Because now he has no idea what happened to William.

Hard to solve a case with no evidence.

imo

IMO
We'd need records of what he told police exactly.

We'd need records of what he told police exactly.
And records of what investigation took place to disprove the allegation of the drive north ….. But sadly we have neither ….

However, what he did tell the Police was enough for it to be raised by the Coroner ..

IMO

Last edited:
Just thinking about how many questions were asked about a boat & fishing, so many witnesses were asked these questions.

Why??

Just reading my notes from Thomas Porter ( RP's brother who had POA ) & his wife Irma Porter.

They were AVL witnesses & was clear that they didn't want to be there IMO

Witness TP
They live in QLD

RP & TP's father lived in Kendall later in his later life near the railway line.

RP spent alot of time on a rural station in Nth QLD

Craddock : At some point towed a caravan & boat to dad's house

TP : Yeah, bought back down late..

Craddock : Was RP a man who spent most of his time on his own - sort of a bit of a loner?

TP : Because of his health alot of people took advantage of him

Craddock : Easily influenced?

TP : Yes he was.

Craddock " Do you remember when he bought caravan & boat to Kendall?

TP : Can't remember, wife may remember..

Craddock : Down Kendall your dad & Ray both have tinnies?

TP : Yes

Craddock : Dad & RP both keen fisherman?

Craddock : For sometime RP was in housing Commission in Wauchope?

Craddock : Than moved to Nursing Home called Bethany @ Port Macquarie. Not satisfied & moved him to another nursing home Mingalatta in Port Macquarie.

Craddock : Did you have greater contact after moved to Mingalatta. Visited every couple of weeks or so?

TP : Yes both my wife & I would come down.

Craddock : Went to flat in Wauchope & got things he wanted to keep. From stat dec didn't know much about RP's life ( lived 400kms west Brisbane ) . You had POA. Found out RP had been harassed about certain things.

Craddock : You said bit of a loner, did Rp have one good friend?

TP : about police asking silly questions

Craddock Ask again did he have one good friend?

TP : no answer

Craddock : From your statement 26/2/2010. You siad I know Ray had one good friend by the name of Frank.

TP : Yes, I never met him, didn't know him.

Craddock : Did RP also tell you that FA sometimes took his car?

TP : No

Craddock : In statement paragraph 11 , " Ray also told me FA sometimes took his car"

TP : Yeah could be

Craddock : Another sentence from statement, " I know that at some stage light green / cream colour ford station wagon"

TP : I don't know what happened to it.

Craddock : He told you police spoke to him many times at Mingalatta.

TP : ( Went on a bout meningitis for awhile ) I was surprised

Craddock : Did you think the stress of speaking to the police might have been detrimental to RP's health?

TP : Asked not to talk to police. Didn't get that far as he passed away. Only thing he told me when I asked was " about the children, my mate & I were fishing and children walked across the road and he told them to get back because it was too dangerous and the children went back across the road"

Craddock : Did he tell you where he was fishing?

TP : Down at the river, do not know name.

Craddock : Tell you who with?

TP : FA, that's how I got the name.

Than in x exam by Swift was asked :

Swift : How many times did he speak to you about the boy?

TP : Just the last time.......no second last time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly FA had no questions for this witness.

So I am still struggling with :-

Everyone is on the verandah doing activities 9.30 onwards after last photo.

FM maybe goes inside - to make tea or take herself or LT to the toilet.

Notices that WT is quiet and not there - I would probably at this point do a circuit around the outside of the house.  IMO

Then once back round to the deck and not siting him do a check inside all rooms.

What I am wondering is why FM didn't alert her mother to her taking the FGM's car to go look beyond this point?

Wouldn't you want the FGM to know 1. You are taking her car 2. Where you roughly intend going and 3. For her to recheck inside incase he was hiding and moving as the FM is looking for him??

I also got the sense just my opinion that both the FGM and LT were unaware of WT missing until the FF got home.

I can't find a plausible reason for why you wouldn't tell the FGM you were taking her car. MOO
RBBM

Exactly.

So why didn't she?

I say, because she reached Wm. And therefore, didn't complete the circuit. Or she would've been seen by the foster grandmother and foster daughter and asked if he'd gone past.

JMO

Interestingly FA had no questions for this witness.
Very interesting ….

Did FA have any questions for TP’s wife IP …?? If you can recall???

Any chance, Doc, you have a record of the questions asked to IP about the letter that she threw out ??? (to RP from FA about the boat)
And if FA made any comments about that???

Witness EP

Craddock : Married to Tom Porter

EP : Yes

Craddock : RP BIL?

Craddock : Long periods of no contact until moved into Bethany ACF?

EP : Correct

Craddock : You & Tom didn't think Bethany was good? He was unhappy?

EP : Correct

Craddock : Moved to Mingalatta - visited reasonably often?

Craddock : You commenced some proceedings for guardianship?

EP : That's correct

Craddock : Husband became guardian?

Craddock : You manage the money?

EP : that is correct.

Craddock : RP told you something about WT investigation?

EP : Yes, detectives asking questions? Fishing when little boy & girl came over & told them to get home .

Craddock : That all he told you ?

EP : He said he was being questioned about Frank. Ray said Frank can't drive. I got the impression that FA was not a very nice person. Ray told me one of the neighbours in Wauchope had told him to stay away from Frank .

Craddock : Did RP describe FA as a good friend?

EP : No

Craddock : From your statement " Ray had a good friend named Frank"

EP : I don't re-call saying " good friend"

Craddock : Did you ever meet neighbours Carol & her husband? ( last name given but I've chosen not to say )

EP : yes

Craddock : You found a letter after Ray died , which appeared to have been sent from jail & was signed " from your very good friend Frank".

Craddock : Author of letter in prison?

Craddock : He asked to pick up FA's boat & take to Lady's house. Letter at time meant nothing to you?

TP : Linked to Frank

Craddock : You disposed of letter?

Craddock : Do you think letter sent from Grafton jail?

TP : Had prison identification

Craddock : From your statement . " I'm not certain but I think letter was sent from Grafton, not 100% positive.

Craddock : From your experience with Ray, did you access him as a man easy to persuade?

EP : Sometimes, if helping someone ...

Craddock : Your impression, was RP scared of FA?

EP : I'd have to say yes.

Craddock : Know the detective's spoke to RP about WT case. Did it concern you as upsetting to RP & worried?

Craddock : Particularly 2nd time, upset & unwell, couldn't tell them anymore about FA?

EP : Told RP to notify TP when police were wanting to speak to him.

FA's questions x examination:

FA : When you cleaned flat out did you talk to neighbour Carol?

FA : You didn't personally speak to Carol!

FA : Did Carol say anything about me when you talked to Carol?

EP : No

Swift X exam

Swift : In last 6 weeks most confused. How many times did you see him?

EP : Once in person , but spoke on phone at least few times a week.

Swift : In 2019 Ray had a stroke.

EP : Date not correct, end 2017 / start 2018.

Swift : Mentally completely unstable & confused?

EP : Yes July 2018 & 2019.

Swift : Had a tendency to make things up if could not hear or understand?

EP : We told him to just tell the truth , Ray said " I have nothing to tell police, they just keep coming back"

Swift : He would tell the truth to Tom?

EP : Would not lie to Tom. Ray new didn't have long to live. Last couple of days spoke to him more clearer in mind.

Sorry again for any typos.

Do you remember any more about this please?
I didn't write much down. I literally have written meningitis talk, he was generally talking about meningitis & how it effects people ( RP had meningitis when he was "young" & was talking really fast & that people don't understand etc

He was sort of on a bit of a rant , for lack of a better word. They weren't happy witnesses IMO I got the impression that they thought the police shouldn't have been talking to him at all IMO

I didn't write much down. I literally have written meningitis talk, he was generally talking about meningitis & how it effects people ( RP had meningitis when he was "young" & was talking really fast & that people don't understand etc
I mean, their evidence generally about his mental state conflicts with what the nursing home staff were saying. Was past history of meningitis presented as another reason he should not be believed?

Edit: I think you just answered above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974
Back