Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was disappointing that a paid recent interview with William's Bio Mother hadn't happened ... I am sure she could do with benefiting from one . just like the others who have benefited from the case ... in the way of books, etc.

JMO - It was important that nothing was said that might jeopardize a possible Trial ... in the event of the FM being committed to be tried. I consider that the FM ... in the event she is innocent, ..... as was said tonight ... would still be very stressed (if she is in fact guilty of some involvement in William's disappearance) by just wondering what evidence the LE had in their possession that she knew could be possible.

The Panel members didn't end up agreeing on the future direction of the case.

It was disappointing that a paid recent interview with William's Bio Mother hadn't happened ... I am sure she could do with benefiting from one . just like the others who have benefited from the case ... in the way of books, etc.

JMO - It was important that nothing was said that might jeopardize a possible Trial ... in the event of the FM being committed to be tried. I consider that the FM ... in the event she is innocent, ..... as was said tonight ... would still be very stressed (if she is in fact guilty of some involvement in William's disappearance) by just wondering what evidence the LE had in their possession that she knew could be possible.

The Panel members didn't end up agreeing on the future direction of the case.
Why would you assume the original interview wasn’t paid?

What a complete waste of time… so frustrating that they started to discuss the timeline but got off track and nothing came of it.

It was interesting that Charlie Bezzina - a retired detective of 38 years, a homicide squad detective for 17 years, a recipient of the National Police Service Medal, the Victoria Police Service Medal, Three Commendations for outstanding work, the Blue Ribbon Medal ....... had no input about "new evidence must have brought this new line of investigation", no input about "the police must have something to have submitted a brief to the DPP", thinks Jubes' charges were a sham, and thinks the case likely will never be solved.

He was definitely the one with the most Homicide experience on the panel.

Link provided to show Charlie Bezzina's background

i found co annoying, she seemed to predominate, i would have liked to hear more from the other two,
also seeing current footage of bio mother but old footage of her years ago interview,
wondering why they didnt do a current interview with her?
maybe she declined, its not going to bring her little boy home

EXCLUSIVE: William Tyrrell's mother gives her new baby girl a name linked to her missing son - as loved ones hope this will give her a fresh chance at a happy home life​

i found co annoying, she seemed to predominate, i would have liked to hear more from the other two,
also seeing current footage of bio mother but old footage of her years ago interview,

I find that CO has a very balanced view. So when Mark Morri went off on a tangent, CO politely said what actually happened. Why the police did what they did.

I wasn't a big fan of CO at the outset of this case, but I have found that over the years her opinions and information are very balanced. She did not get (or did not want) the foster family scoop as LH got, she did not get (or did not want) the bio family scoop like CS got.

CO sits firmly in the middle, which is a good place to be. Because it exhibits someone who is not influenced in any way. imo

EXCLUSIVE: William Tyrrell's mother gives her new baby girl a name linked to her missing son - as loved ones hope this will give her a fresh chance at a happy home life​

Another great piece by Candice . She has named her child after William, but we can’t say what the actual name is

Disgraceful that they continue to dig up private information on bio mum, yet the foster parents are still afforded total anonymity. SMH.

Charlie Bezzina may well have lots of experience and a few medals.

But the reason he had nothing to say about possible "new evidence" is because he's retired and in no position to know anything extra.

Sure, he's not on the sidelines barking demands at the police like Gary Jubelin.

But his relative silence doesn't mean he knows what's in the DPP brief.

Last edited:
Last nights panel wasn't anything helpful imo.

The real take-away for me is the decision to finally show a very old video of the BM which:

• could of helped balance out the trashy media pile-on of the bio family
  • shows how "selective" media feeding can help fuel a series of incorrect narratives
  • might of got us to this current point of thinking about the FF quicker, if the media/police weren't so "select"
I don't want a similar pile-on for the Foster Mum. Yet she's been afforded a lot of protections, but otherwise not beyond scrutiny.

Not having seen the program . . . was the footage of BM a re-broadcast of the interview we saw years ago? Or did it look like parts of the same interview which had been taken out, not broadcast? Or something else?

Not having seen the program . . . was the footage of BM a re-broadcast of the interview we saw years ago? Or did it look like parts of the same interview which had been taken out, not broadcast? Or something else?

Re-broadcast ... they just showed some extra parts (or maybe just one extra part) that hadn't been shown before. imo

It was the same interview. I think they just showed a new part that she said about snotty noses?

Charlie Bezzina may well have lots of experience and a few medals.

But the reason he had nothing to say about possible "new evidence" is because he's retired and in no position to know anything extra.

Sure, he's not on the sidelines barking demands at the police like Gary Jubelin.

But his relative silence doesn't mean he knows what's in the DPP brief.

I would say that Charlie's opinions are based on his own knowledge of recognisable police behaviour/tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892