GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a question, it says she was locked up at 11 but the articles say she was locked up for 24 years and she is now 42. The math doesnt add up. She would be 35 if locked up at 11, did I miss something
She was 18 when locked up but her father started molesting her when she was 11.

From here
This is the picture I was looking at (also not terribly clear) which I took to be showing the rooms on the right to be what one would normally consider the "cellar" under the main footprint of the building, and then around to the left where they were stashed was under the courtyard. This diagram does show 8 doors though. Seems like people could have come upon him in any of these rooms and never have known there was the whole area way around the other side.
0405_fritzl_plan.jpg

From the story that DawnTCB just posted, there's a quote that is confusing to me:

"...He had also fathered six of seven children by her after repeated rapes." Are they not counting the twin? Or are they saying one of Elisabeth's children had a different father? What?

I think they are saying that the youngest childs mother may be the granddaughter.

How old is the youngest child, 5? If the 1 is 19 now, then she would have been 14 if she'd given birth to him, 13 when he raped her :(
If he'd started raping Elizabeth when she was 11 IMO he would have been doing the same to her. Elizabeth would have been right there knowing what he was doing to her daughter, so unbearably sad!!!!! Evil has dropped to a new low, there is no hell good enough for him!

VB

While it's possible the youngest is the granddaughter's, I doubt it. I think they're saying six of seven because they can't definitively say that the deceased twin is his, since they don't have a dna sample to test. If the youngest is the granddaughters, they wouldn't be saying "six of Elisabeth's seven kids". In addition, I doubt her daughter would have reached sexual maturity, or well, been able to conceive at thirteen or fourteen. I wouldn't be surprised if she's never had her cycle. Without the sunlight, and the limited oxygen, etc, I doubt her body has matured properly or quickly.

I disagree. Look how many children that Elizabeth was able to bear, even after living underground, and apparently for several years tied up in darkness. If your theory is correct, than Elizabeth should have ceased menstruating, and been unable to conceive, or even gone into premature menopause ( which she might actually be in right now)....but at a much younger age.

Yeah, as sick as it is, I think the youngest is probably Kerstin's. Elisabeth was having a baby every year and a half like clockwork, and then for seven years, nothing. It's possible ... but unless Josef intervened (birth control?) ... not very likely imo. And it's not unheard of for 14 year olds to give birth. Somehow I doubt Josef would have tried to prevent Elisabeth from getting pregnant ... I think all the kids were part of his sick fantasy world.

Oh and I agree, that is a very poorly written sentence.

"He had also fathered six of seven children by her after repeated rapes."

It's possible it could mean - he fathered six of seven children by her (Elisabeth), and the seventh with Kerstin.

Maybe? Or maybe they just meant that six of the seven children are alive, and it came out all wrong.

Now authorities are wondering if he raped his granddaughter Kirsten and used her as a sex slave. The horrors of this case are just unbelievable.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354286,00.html

It wouldn't suprise me. I think he saw Elizabeth as his own personal sex object. And she was his daughter that was raised in the open. The fact that Kirsten was his daughter/granddaughter wouldn't have stopped. And being that she was born in the sex dungeon, she would have seemed more like a sex object to him.

8,516 Days in Darkness

"Elisabeth Fritzl and her children, forced to live in a windowless basement for 24 years, vegetated away like the sole survivors of a nuclear holocaust. For them, the Cold War speculation over what it might be like for people who could never go outside again and return to the earth's surface was a reality." :furious:

"At 15, Elisabeth entered a training program as a waitress at the "Rosenberger" highway rest stop on the A1 autobahn near Strengberg in eastern Austria. After the years of abuse, it must have felt liberating for her to get away. She and other girls in the program slept in a dormitory below the kitchen. For the first time, she felt safe from her father, safe from his greed and his lasciviousness."

"
And Elisabeth Fritzl, who must have been raped thousands of times, and who endured longer than any of the others? For 8,516 days of her life, dawn and dusk would be replaced by the switching on and switching off of an artificial light. One day was indistinguishable from the next or the day before, and the passing of time was only recognizable by the transient nature of life: her children growing older and her own hair turning gray until, on the day of her liberation, it was completely white."

Der Spiegel May 6, 2008

A barman at a brothel frequented by Josef Fritzl, the Austrian man who imprisoned his own daughter in a dungeon under his house, has told how some of the prostitutes were so frightened by his perversions that they refused to accept him as a client.

He listed various extreme demands made by the retired electrical engineer, who liked to inflict pain on the women and asked them to act like corpses.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3879488.ece

Josef Fritzl, who locked his daughter in a cellar for 24 years and raped her repeatedly, was an "extreme pervert" who scared prostitutes with his controlling ways, it has been claimed.
Fritzl was in the top "two per cent" of deviants who visited a brothel in the city and would often be refused by the women who worked there, according to a barman in Linz.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/193...ervert-who-scared-brothel's-prostitutes'.html

A FORMER brothel barman has revealed how the father in the cellar incest case, Josef Fritzl, was a regular customer who instilled fear in his club's working girls because of his dominant and violent tendencies.
http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/Fritzl-39was--a-regular.4055485.jp

And poor Elizabeth was in no position to refuse him.

how can he be properly punished?

there is nothing which would be enough. :(

normally i'm not into revenge punishments, but i do look for one in this case.

i sincerely hope never to read any case worse than this regarding the sustained torture of Elizabeth for 24 years.

domineering, sadistic, violent, and demanded the girls act like corpses?? good god. you know what?? i wouldn't be surprised if we find out this guy is a full-blown serial killer. i hope they are looking very, very carefully into every unsolved rape/murder case in the country (and perhaps elsewhere).... they just find find they have their answer. he obviously has been a serious sicko for MANY decades.... and he has been very, very busy,, and seems to have no limit to his appetite for perversion. apparently he's got endless energy too, to be able to lead this double life in all these various levels of perversion. i suspect that investigators will find much, much more on him.....

domineering, sadistic, violent, and demanded the girls act like corpses?? good god. you know what?? i wouldn't be surprised if we find out this guy is a full-blown serial killer. i hope they are looking very, very carefully into every unsolved rape/murder case in the country (and perhaps elsewhere).... they just find find they have their answer. he obviously has been a serious sicko for MANY decades.... and he has been very, very busy,, and seems to have no limit to his appetite for perversion. apparently he's got endless energy too, to be able to lead this double life in all these various levels of perversion. i suspect that investigators will find much, much more on him.....

I suspect you are right. i'm sure we'll find out he's killed. i wonder, just wonder, if the reason he finally released Elizabeth and the children finally, rather than just dumping his daughter/granddaughter at the hospital was for fame?

after Natascha Kampusch's case came to light and Wolfgang Priklopil gained such notoriety, perhaps this madman wanted the spotlight?

to show Wolfgang Priklopil's construction of a dungeon was absolutely nothing as to what he had achieved. nor that Wolfgang Priklopil had been able to keep a captive for very long at all, after all?

and not just ONE captive.

Josef Fritzl: 'I'm no monster. I could have killed kids'

The Austrian man who kept his daughter as his personal sex slave for 24 years in a home-made dungeon under his house has complained about "completely one-sided" press coverage of his case.
As prosecutors prepared to interview him for the first time, Josef Fritzl, 73, said through his lawyer that he could easily have killed both his daughter and the children she bore him.
"I am not a monster," Mr Fritzl said in a statement reported by the German tabloid Bild.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3885253.ece

Yes, Fritzl: you are a monster. :behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Of all the things he could say, this is what he chooses to comment on? What a worthless sack.

Yes. worried about his public image. good indication as to how self-obsessed he is. :furious::furious::furious:

and how peeved he is he CANNOT CONTROL THE MEDIA! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,551660,00.html

( my apologies for forgetting to post the link last night! This is part of a two part article, has a very good multimedia presentationwith maps, layout)

"At 15, Elisabeth entered a training program as a waitress at the "Rosenberger" highway rest stop on the A1 autobahn near Strengberg in eastern Austria. After the years of abuse, it must have felt liberating for her to get away. She and other girls in the program slept in a dormitory below the kitchen. For the first time, she felt safe from her father, safe from his greed and his lasciviousness.
On Jan. 28, 1983, Elisabeth ran away from home and, together with another girl from work, went to Vienna, where she lived -- in hiding -- in the city's 20th district.

But after three weeks the police picked her up and returned her to her parents. By attempting to escape and failing, Elisabeth helped provide her father with the story he would later use when he took her down to his basement and kept her imprisoned there. Now she was a runaway, a rascal, a troubled child. In the end, who would really care where she had gone and what had happened to her? Her father didn't touch her during the first few weeks, but then, as she says today, it started all over again. She decided to stick it out and endure for another year and a half, when her training program would be finished and she would be free. She completed the program in the late summer of 1984 and had a job prospect in the city of Linz in northern Austria. Just as she was on the verge of finally getting away from him, her father asked her for a favor. He wanted Elisabeth to help him carry a door into the basement. It was Aug. 28, 1984, and she would not see the sky again for 24 years."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,551660,00.html

( my apologies for forgetting to post the link last night! This is part of a two part article, has a very good multimedia presentationwith maps, layout)

"At 15, Elisabeth entered a training program as a waitress at the "Rosenberger" highway rest stop on the A1 autobahn near Strengberg in eastern Austria. After the years of abuse, it must have felt liberating for her to get away. She and other girls in the program slept in a dormitory below the kitchen. For the first time, she felt safe from her father, safe from his greed and his lasciviousness.
On Jan. 28, 1983, Elisabeth ran away from home and, together with another girl from work, went to Vienna, where she lived -- in hiding -- in the city's 20th district.

But after three weeks the police picked her up and returned her to her parents. By attempting to escape and failing, Elisabeth helped provide her father with the story he would later use when he took her down to his basement and kept her imprisoned there. Now she was a runaway, a rascal, a troubled child. In the end, who would really care where she had gone and what had happened to her? Her father didn't touch her during the first few weeks, but then, as she says today, it started all over again. She decided to stick it out and endure for another year and a half, when her training program would be finished and she would be free. She completed the program in the late summer of 1984 and had a job prospect in the city of Linz in northern Austria. Just as she was on the verge of finally getting away from him, her father asked her for a favor. He wanted Elisabeth to help him carry a door into the basement. It was Aug. 28, 1984, and she would not see the sky again for 24 years."

Just heartbreaking the police returned her to that monster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back